• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: SilvaGunner: King For A Day Round 3! [REBOOT]

Should modified KFAD contestands be allowed?

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Nah, man

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Baysha

Smash Ace
Definitely with Yiptap on the King being human-sized. Something about a gigantic chess piece tickles me somehow.
This actually made me swing to the opposite direction. I'm now in love with the idea of a normal-sized Chess piece talking and giving out orders to people.

1. Contrasting Duo
2. Jerk/mean
3. Musician

Yiptap

Smash Lord
It's kinda unfair that my submissions don't have chance to win.
It's little bit lame to me, since I'm the only one whose submissions didn't during voting time.
You’ve already been warned about complaining about your submissions not getting votes. It’s genuinely annoying and it’s the thread that gets to choose which submissions win, not you. Seriously, I don’t want to report you, but keep this up and I will.

You’ve already been warned about complaining about your submissions not getting votes. It’s genuinely annoying and it’s the thread that gets to choose which submissions win, not you. Seriously, I don’t want to report you, but keep this up and I will.
Okay, I should stop that.
I really need to stop saying this.
Next time I need to put a lot of effort for next concepts of contestants.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
1. Contrasting duo (we haven't had a group in a lil while)
2. A character that debuted from 2015 onward (penance for my last prompt submission)
3. A character that represents a specific company (insert capitalism joke)

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
By the way, this might sound like an odd thing to bring up so soon, but how do you think we should handle actual tracks? I do have a suggestion in case it's not feasible for us to make some!

There's a site called Rave.DJ that allows you to make mashups like, instantly, with AI - whilst it can take a few tries to get working well, it can make some neat stuff! It might be useful for a quick turnaround when it comes to character mashups, even if it's not as high-quality as properly making them (which I suppose we could do for more important bouts like semi-finals or the like.) It's just a thought, though!

By the way, this might sound like an odd thing to bring up so soon, but how do you think we should handle actual tracks? I do have a suggestion in case it's not feasible for us to make some!

There's a site called Rave.DJ that allows you to make mashups like, instantly, with AI - whilst it can take a few tries to get working well, it can make some neat stuff! It might be useful for a quick turnaround when it comes to character mashups, even if it's not as high-quality as properly making them (which I suppose we could do for more important bouts like semi-finals or the like.) It's just a thought, though!
Good concept, bruh!

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
the country where the pretty girls are from
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Yo, that’d be really awesome!

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Here's an example of something I threw together, using a couple of Mr. Oizo songs. I'll mention in advance - it sometimes struggles with vocals and the like, but instrumental songs work wonders together especially if they have a similar vibe. For example - nearly all Sonic Mania tracks work wonders in this thing.

I'll note that rave.dj has some limitations - you can only mix two songs at a time for instance - but with a bit of a workaround and some messing in Audacity, you can get some hella neat stuff out of it! :D

Also, I'd like to mention something called the Wub Machine, a website that can "remix" a song that you punch into it into various different styles. Might not be as common, but if you get a character with one particularly notable rip (say, for example, Rick Astley getting Never Gonna Give You Up,) it could work well to mix it up a lil bit.

Last edited:

Baysha

Smash Ace
One thing to warn you about Rave.dj, sometimes it deletes mashups and when you try to re-create it it can be different than the original.
Anyway, here's a few examples of what it can do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1pii2mPVtA (Note: not my upload or my mashup)
https://rave.dj/q8OguPNpzuZ68Q
https://rave.dj/3bPmDRQc7Y9Uqg (One of my personal favorites)
https://rave.dj/Gzr17Dw4ThzS5w

Also, here are some tips:
1. It doesn't matter what order you put the videos in. It's the same either way.
2. If one video is a static image while the other moves, it will prioritize the moving one over the static one.
3. If you create a mashup and it loads instantly, that means those two videos were already put together.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
One thing to warn you about Rave.dj, sometimes it deletes mashups and when you try to re-create it it can be different than the original.
Anyway, here's a few examples of what it can do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1pii2mPVtA (Note: not my upload or my mashup)
https://rave.dj/q8OguPNpzuZ68Q
https://rave.dj/3bPmDRQc7Y9Uqg (One of my personal favorites)
https://rave.dj/Gzr17Dw4ThzS5w

Also, here are some tips:
1. It doesn't matter what order you put the videos in. It's the same either way.
2. If one video is a static image while the other moves, it will prioritize the moving one over the static one.
3. If you create a mashup and it loads instantly, that means those two videos were already put together.
It might be a good idea to download the mashups once you've made them, and maybe upload them to YouTube or something? I think you can upload directly from Rave.dj to YouTube, but there is also a Rave.dj downloader you can find pretty quickly in a Google search :)

In fact, we could probably make a YouTube channel for things like reveal trailers, mashups, and other such materials if y'all wanted!

(Also, these are hella cool examples!)

Oh, and one more thing! Here's an example of what happens when the AI goes off the deep end - an attempt at a mashup between two Spirit Phone songs. It's bizarre, esoteric, and very AI sounding in a very strange way.

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
So... I tried doing a RaveDJ mashup. Started simple with two songs. It... Could've turned out better, but I did have a laugh.
It was supposed to be a rip if I ended up submitting these guys from the original thread:
I know I'm taking a risk submitting an Anime Character (I know many people who dislike anime), but Imma try anyway...

Ban and King (The Seven Deadly Sins)

Sources:
  • Music from The Seven Deadly Sins (Such as intros and outros)
  • Music having to do with fairies and forests
  • Music having to do with thievery and jails/prisons
Examples (I had to link the Seven Deadly Sins songs, they are so good imo, bold ones are the ones I'd recommend):
Anyway, I would personally call it 'Lost in the Frontier'. It's a mix of Lost Woods (Zelda) and Rob the Frontier (Nanatsu No Tazai). Some of the video transitions really caught me off guard, so there's that. Once again, it didn't turn out that great, but here it is:
Lost in the Frontier
Edit: Just realized that there's a character who is mostly naked, so small warning about that.

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Okay but if we actually got some good official art and figured out how to spread the word on this I would absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE if we made this a real thing on YouTube! I just think we should finish planning the cast first, though.
I completely agree with this (Especially the art part).

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Okay but if we actually got some good official art and figured out how to spread the word on this I would absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE if we made this a real thing on YouTube! I just think we should finish planning the cast first, though.
Hell yeah that would be epic!! Planning would be a good idea to start with, but this could be a hella cool thing to see!!

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
One thing that just crossed my mind though: if we do actually go this far and make this thing real, we might wanna replace Lofi Girl. Cause I recently discovered she’s in Mashup Week 2 with an almost identical source list to the one we gave her here…just a thought.
That's not a bad idea. Luckily, I think we could potentially come up with an alternative Lo-Fi rep? I mean, that would probably be a later thing, though. From my own awareness of different tourneys (I hang around a ton of them) pretty much everyone else here is original enough to work though! (At least, I'm pretty sure.)

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Yeah, I think the only other character we have who’s close to being kinda…infringe-y would be Potterquest, due to Neil in the Mashup Weeks, but with all the magic and puppet sources I think he’s in the clear. I’d be willing to find a suitable lofi replacement if we can think of one. In fact, I might just have an idea brewing for one right now…

Yiptap

Smash Lord
I feel like Lofi Girl is the best choice for a Lofi rep. If we were to replace her, I think we either:
A. Replace her with another Studio Ghibli character
B. Let Dan Quixote come up with a replacement

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Yeah, I think the only other character we have who’s close to being kinda…infringe-y would be Potterquest, due to Neil in the Mashup Weeks, but with all the magic and puppet sources I think he’s in the clear. I’d be willing to find a suitable lofi replacement if we can think of one. In fact, I might just have an idea brewing for one right now…
I think we could get away with POTTERQUEST being in, given that Neil's sort of going in a different direction what with the Bill Cypher buff he got, plus other tourneys tend to have a Neil rep of some sort - a cool one in one tourney I found was Cabinet Man, for example. This idea of yours sounds interesting!

Also, on POTTERQUEST, it may be a good idea to suggest that his "puppets" source is extended to "puppets and magic," mostly to represent Harry a little better. I did consider adding stuff from artists signed to Needlejuice, giving him stuff like Tally Hall, but I gathered that was too much LMAO

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
One thing that just crossed my mind though: if we do actually go this far and make this thing real, we might wanna replace Lofi Girl. Cause I recently discovered she’s in Mashup Week 2 with an almost identical source list to the one we gave her here…just a thought.
As someone who's been following Mashup Week since the first season I just wanna say I totally came up with the Lofi Girl idea before MW2 even existed 😤 And even with her and Potterquest, I don't think it's a problem to have two similar characters in two similar projects. This is fun and making mashups with Rave.DJ or in the regular way would be an awesome way to spice things up, but I doubt we'll reach the popularity of MW2 so there's no real infringing right?

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
As someone who's been following Mashup Week since the first season I just wanna say I totally came up with the Lofi Girl idea before MW2 even existed 😤 And even with her and Potterquest, I don't think it's a problem to have two similar characters in two similar projects. This is fun and making mashups with Rave.DJ or in the regular way would be an awesome way to spice things up, but I doubt we'll reach the popularity of MW2 so there's no real infringing right?
It's probably not too big of a deal, but I wouldn't be opposed to replacing her anyway (or maybe teaming her up with someone?)

anyways as i kinda expected my first attempt at one of these mashups is pretty awful but you can listen if you dare
https://rave.dj/HL4N_ypTxYeZsQ

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Made another one, this time for ****s and giggles. I'm VERY proud of how it turned out (Especially because there was an accidental bait-and-switch). I like to call it 'Instructor Mooselini's Regeneration Rap'.
https://rave.dj/tZWRy0TkegV3fw

Anyway, I think voting has been open long enough.
Baysha Baysha Mean/Jerk: 8 Votes
Dan Quixote Dan Quixote Musician: 3 Votes
Yiptap Yiptap 2015 and onward: 10 Votes!
Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear Contrasting Duo: 3 Votes
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 Represents a Company: 10 Votes!
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Anime/Manga: 4 Votes
We have a tie... Which is perfect, since we have two remaining contestants in this batch! In submission order, 2015 goes first, so the next prompt is exactly that.

Job 18: Submit a character that debuted past 2015!
If it's a group, at least half of the group must have debuted past 2015. If it's an iteration of a character, it must be that iteration. Happy submitting!

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
1642209782351.png

HEY EVERY ! IT'S ME, SPAMTON G.

SPAMTON G. SPAMTON!

I'M HERE TO BRING YOU [[The best in the business]] FOR [[FREE ! !]]
ALL YOU [[Little Sponges]] AND [[Hochi Mamas]] BETTER BE PREPARED FOR MY [[Hyperlink Blocked]].

Rips featuring music related to Toby Fox, whether it's music from games he made such as Undertale and Deltarune, or music he made for other projects such as Homestuck or Pokemon Sword and Shield.

Rips related to shops, shopkeepers, or any kind of buying and/or selling. This can include shop songs from games, songs used in commercials for stores, or even stuff like Weird Al's "Stuff I Bought on eBay!"

Rips related to telephones. This can include songs like Hotline Bling, or Jenny-Jenny.

Rips related to trash, junk mail, and the like. I can't think of any examples right now but I know some must exist.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Well, this is a sort of original take on a popular character... but I think it's a feasible one to see.

1642250468862.png

That's right! Originating on the 20th April, 2018, LABO-Man is here as the latest in a long lineage of Nintendo's famous peripherals! Some say he's even close friends with the Balance Board... that remains to be seen, however. Despite his flat appearance, he's not to be underestimated!

In this world, LABO-Man has the abilities of a Joy-Con, as well as the mysterious ability to change form into various different LABO contraptions - a piano, a fishing rod, and even a giant mech! I'd also like to suggest that he could have various hardware-associated reps as his guests - for instance, I picture that Balance Board might be fun to see here, as would perhaps some odder, more recent Nintendo characters like the Flipnote frog and Nikki!

I hope y'all like this one! It was a little difficult for me to pick characters that I thought would stand out, but I managed to pull one out of a hat, so... yeah!

Impostor (Among Us)

Impostor is a Villainous character debuted in Popular Mobile game called "Among Us", which it was Released in 2018, but it became a huge sleeper hit in 2020!
Impostor is one of Alien Species that kills crewmates on Ship or on other planets. When he is suspicious, he gets voted off and thrown away into outer space. He has ability to sabotage and vent through vents.
Impostor is one of Modern Gaming Icons that has a lot of recognition around the world due to his iconic simple design and even because of Memes that they appeared in late 2020.

In this World, Impostor was wandering through the Skeld and he was trying to kill someone, but some of the Crewmates knew that he was going to kill someone and and was voted as Impostor, resulting his fate while being ejected out of Spaceship.
While he was flying in Empty space, he accidentally flew into the Space-Time Rift, where it led him to Interdimensional Multiverse Void, where the Hotel was located.

He landed in front of it and and walk straight into interior of Hotel and it revealed that King Stingy opened the Rift, because he wanted a character, whose popularity is very high and one of them was "Impostor from Among Us".
King Stingy let him stay in the Hotel to check his ripping skills among the Roster...

Impostor's sources:
- Songs taken from Innersloth games:
(Examples: Among Us, Henry Stickmin)

- Songs associated with Astronauts:
(Examples: Astronaut in the Ocean)

- Songs taken from 2017-2020's Popular Games:*
(Examples: Friday Night Funkin, Fall Guys, Fortnite)

- Songs associated with Aliens:
(Examples: Alien, The Thing, Kirby and Songs, which appeared in "Pitbull and Aliens")

*Note: Actually the "Popular Games from 2017 to 2020's" Source has a reference when Among Us was in Beta Phase in 2017.

I hope you like this one, since you guys & gals know him.

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
By the way... this might seem like an odd thing to add, but I made a cool lil thing that might be useful for the project!

View attachment 342741
View attachment 342748
I'm sure that we could eventually come up with something better, but here's a quick thing I threw together for the project!
Yooo, thanks for this! I would personally go for the first one, since it kinda has the old-timey hotel aesthetic. Thanks a lot!

Anyway, for my submission...
Job 18: Bruno Madrigal (Encanto)

The future-seeing Madrigal who had a song about how terrible he is take over the internet, Bruno joins the battle!

Sources:
  • Songs from 3D animated Disney and Pixar films that came out in the 2010's and later
  • Songs related to prophecies, psychics, and seeing into the future
  • Songs related to rats and other vermin
  • Songs by South American artists.
Examples:
  • We Don't Talk About Bruno, Let it Go, Try Everything, Remember Me
  • Rival Avery Battle (Pokémon Sw/Sh DLC), Katrina's Theme (Animal Crossing), There has to be better examples, but I can't think of any at the moment
  • Songs from Ratatoullie, La Cucaracha, Rats Died
  • Fireball (Pitball), Mi Gente (J Balvin), Dinero (Jennifer Lopez)

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Man this was actually kinda hard to think of something good. I must keep up with the times more!

Job #18: Team Skull

1642271951576.png

A pair of some Team Skull grunts, a beloved fan favorite in the Pokémon franchise, are here to totally roast the competition with sick disses, dope beats, and wack flows. They're not the most competent at what they do, but they make up for it in their charming foolishness. Perhaps instead of being petty manipulated criminals, this music gig is their true calling, after all! They have limited sources, but those sources are some of the most critically acclaimed music, so it evens out.

Sources
  • Rips featuring songs from Pokémon media, especially the lyrical tracks
  • Rips featuring gangsta rap, boom bap, or any classic hip-hop from the 20th century
Examples
  • Pokémon TV show opening themes, songs from the Pokémon 2.B.A. Master album, the Pokérap, songs from Pokémon 25: The Album
  • Songs from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, Pokémon Rumble, Pokémon Ranger, PokéPark
  • "It Was a Good Day", "Hypnotize", "C.R.E.A.M.", "Nuthin' but a 'G' Thang", "Gangsta's Paradise", "Tha Crossroads", "Ruff Ryders' Anthem"
If we wanna vote for one of KoJ99's logos then my money's entirely on the first one. I love the jagged design.

Top Bottom