• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: SilvaGunner: King For A Day Round 3! [REBOOT]

Should modified KFAD contestands be allowed?

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Nah, man

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
1. An old fictional character (Damn, there's tons of potential here! I love some of the more unusual ideas we could get with this one!)
2. A mean character (Might be a bit unpopular, but I loved how characters like Robotnik interacted with the cast in KFAD2.)
3. A children-associated character (Tons of potential here too! With Stingy being here, it would go well with him!)

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
1. A "jerk/mean" character (You actually have a great point about all the nice characters. I remember jerks like Monokuma and King Dedede being a highlight of KFAD 2)
2. A character that takes the form of an inanimate object (funny! must be funny!)
3. An old fictional character (If this wins remember that we already have a character with Marvel as a source)

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Sorry for the holdup, everyone! I had some irl things to attend to, so I forgot about this thread for a bit.

Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear A character that can represent low-quality media: 0 Votes
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds A non-human character: 4 Votes
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 An inanimate object: 7 Votes
Dan Quixote Dan Quixote A character who debuted more than 50 years ago: 13 Votes!
Baysha Baysha A jerk/mean character: 8 Votes
Yiptap Yiptap A children-associated character: 4 Votes

Your next newcomer prompt is...
Job 15: Submit a fictional character that debuted more that 50 years ago!
As long as they're fictional and debuted more than 50 years ago, they're fair game.

Job 15 Submission: Peppermint Patty (Peanuts)

Profile:
Peppermint Patty
Series: Peanuts
Dislikes: School
Hailing from the acclaimed Peanuts comic strips, Peppermint Patty exercises her ripping skills! Peppermint Patty, brought to the hotel in the middle of a hockey match, is ready to win the tournament for her freedom and to escape any punishments that await her for losing.

Sources:
  • Songs from/associated with comic strip franchises
  • Songs associated with sports
  • Songs related to snow
Examples:
  • Christmas Time is Here, Songs from Garfield Kart, What Do You Want From Me (Diary of a Wimpy Kid Movie, Jeff Kinney used to make a comic strip called "Igdoof" in his college's newspaper, so I think it's close enough to the source)
  • Take Me Out to the Ball Game, Waka Waka, Eye of the Tiger
  • Last minute source change :p
Side Note: There was originally going to be a source relating to nuts, but there weren't enough good songs about nuts, so that was scrapped.

Also, Dan Quixote Dan Quixote , are adaptations of a character from less than 50 years ago allowed?

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Hawkeye Pierce (M*A*S*H)

Benjamin Franklin “Hawkeye” Pierce, having originated in a 51 year old novel, is here to prove his army doctor ripping skills! He uses his appearance from the iconic tv series adaptation of the book, portrayed by Alan Alda.

Sources:
Rips related to doctors, hospitals and/or medicine. This can obviously include music from M*A*S*H, but also from stuff like General Hospital, Trapper John, or Scrubs.

Rips related to alcohol, such as music from Cheers.

Rips related to the Korean War, such as “Thank God for Victory in Korea.”

And finally, Rips related to The Last of the Mohicans. This is because Hawkeye got his nickname from his dad who loved reading that story.

Baysha

Smash Ace
Literally 1984
...A giant, floating copy of George Orwell's 1984? Yes, Literally 1984 brings the bleak and oppressive songs of the dystopia genre. The book speaks with the voice of The Party, delivering propaganda to all other contestants. One thing's for sure, Literally 1984 will wage peace on all of it's competitors.

Sources:
  • Songs from adaptations of 1984
  • Songs related to dystopias in general
Examples:
  • Eurythmics - Winston and His Diary, David Bowie - 1984
  • Papers, Please - Main Theme, Judas Priest - Electric Eye
  • Music from Half-Life 2, Dues Ex, and Warhammer 40k

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
This one's a little weird, but I think it could be cool to see.
1641618836885.png

1641618846856.png

That's right! Originating from one of the oldest games in the world, the King arrives with a checkered history of wins! Though his army may not be alongside him in the tournament, he's sure to put his opponents in check - one square at a time.

"When I saw some submissions that they're represent old pieces and characters, I just wanted to play dirty since when I saw the "Old Fictional Character" prompt".

🚨⚠!WARNING!⚠🚨
🚨⚠!NEWCOMER ALERT!⚠🚨
🚨⚠!A CHALLENGER APROACHES!⚠🚨

GET READY...
FOR...
THE CERTIFIED HOOD CLASSIC...
MADE BY DISNEY...
WHO HAS HIS OWN LUCK...

OSWALD THE LUCKY RABBIT!
"You may call me old, but I'm not old for tournaments"
Info:
Full name: Oswald the Lucky Rabbit
Species: Cartoon rabbit
Series: Mickey Mouse
Created by: Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks

Description Entry:
Oswald the Lucky Rabbit is one of Mickey Mouse characters and he is Mickey's Half Older Brother, who is angry due to Mickey replaced him in 1920's and he was thrown into Oblivion. While living in Oblivion during Epic Mickey events, he came back and he was still suffering from jealousy due to being replaced like mentioned earlier and he went with Mickey on adventure to kill Phantom Blob from ruining the Universe.
Oswald had a lot of Cameos in Mickey Mouse media like he appeared in one of episodes of Mickey Mouse (2013), where Mickey was trying to throw trash and he accidentally found Oswald in dump.
Oswald is also considered one of oldest Cartoon Characters ever existed and even every great-grandfather could remember him.

In lore of "Dimensional junction", he was living in Wasteland of Disney Multiverse, where forgotten Disney cartoons live here and Oswald was bored due to doing nothing but lying on Destroyed couch. When he was Slacking due to his boredom, he saw a mysterious Rift that broke through Spacetime and Oswald gets up to check what it is. He thought that Mickey was calling him for help, but he stumbled into Portal, he flew through tunnel and he was thrown into front of the Hotel, thinking what it is this place.
When he came into it, King Stingy was actually waiting for him due to wanting someone as "Old Fictional Character" rep and he wanted Oswald to stay in the Hotel and check his ripping potential to make him as perfect contestant on Tournament of "The Dimensional Junction"!

Oswald's Rips and examples:
- Rips taken from Early Disney cartoons (From 20's to 40's)
(Examples: Steamboat Willie - Steamboat Willie)

- Rips taken from Epic Mickey games
(Example: Epic Mickey title theme)

- Rips taken from Songs about Rabbits
(Example: Rayman Raving Rabbids song)

- Rips taken from Songs about Luck
(Example: Rabbit's Luck - FNF vs. Oswald the Rabbit)

Why Oswald as Character?
I picked Oswald as "Old Fictional Character" rep in "The Dimensional Junction" Tournament, because he could be another Disney rep alongside Thanos and he could be the one of Oldest characters in "The Dimensional Junction".
Besides, a 30's Cartoon rep could definitely fit into this, since we never had a Classic Toon Character in Rip Tournaments.

(Don't judge me about the Issue, I was trying to do perfect format)

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Just my luck that my own prompt wins on the weekend where I was 100% away from my computer due to moving my brother and myself back into university 😭 Don't suppose the job is still open? If not then that's fine cuz the submissions here are already hilarious.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Just my luck that my own prompt wins on the weekend where I was 100% away from my computer due to moving my brother and myself back into university 😭 Don't suppose the job is still open? If not then that's fine cuz the submissions here are already hilarious.
Don’t worry, submissions are still open, though they are confirmed to close today. :)

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Oh neat! Then good thing I did cook up something during my absence.

Job #15: Santa Claus

1641846790273.png

It's uh almost the right season to still be talking about Santa, maybe. But this is not the jolly man who only wants to see the little children happy on Christmas Day that you may be imagining! No, this is the alternate, commercial, materialistic version of Saint Nick from the old Coca-Cola advertisements where his modern design was cemented. He'll be repping Coca-Cola by holding a bottle in his hands, but he'll also be wearing a pair of designer sunglasses, gold chains, and a smarmy smirk to show that he's the alternate universe version of our friendly toymaker. He's all about money, and his Christmas is all about the commercials that dot the season. This alternate Santa is not a pleasure to be around. Where could the real Santa Claus be?

Sources
  • Rips featuring Christmas music
  • Rips featuring commercial jingles or songs famously used in commercials
Examples
  • "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree", "Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24", "Frosty the Snowman", "Santa Baby", "Santa Tell Me", Michael Bublé, "Do They Know It's Christmas?", "The Twelve Days of Christmas", "Feliz Navidad"
  • "Pop, pop! Fizz, fizz!" Alka-Seltzer jingle, The Home Depot theme song, "I'm stuck on Band-Aid brand" jingle, "I wish I were an Oscar Meyer weiner" jingle, Old Spice jingle, "The best part of waking up" Folgers jingle
  • "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" by Jet, "In the Air Tonight" by Phil Collins, "Billie Jean"/"Pepsi Generation" by Michael Jackson, "Mad World" by Michael Andrews and Gary Jules
Definitely banking on a lot of nostalgia for those old commercials you'd watch endlessly as a child for this one

Oh neat! Then good thing I did cook up something during my absence.

Job #15: Santa Claus

View attachment 342296

It's uh almost the right season to still be talking about Santa, maybe. But this is not the jolly man who only wants to see the little children happy on Christmas Day that you may be imagining! No, this is the alternate, commercial, materialistic version of Saint Nick from the old Coca-Cola advertisements where his modern design was cemented. He'll be repping Coca-Cola by holding a bottle in his hands, but he'll also be wearing a pair of designer sunglasses, gold chains, and a smarmy smirk to show that he's the alternate universe version of our friendly toymaker. He's all about money, and his Christmas is all about the commercials that dot the season. This alternate Santa is not a pleasure to be around. Where could the real Santa Claus be?

Sources
  • Rips featuring Christmas music
  • Rips featuring commercial jingles or songs famously used in commercials
Examples
  • "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree", "Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24", "Frosty the Snowman", "Santa Baby", "Santa Tell Me", Michael Bublé, "Do They Know It's Christmas?", "The Twelve Days of Christmas", "Feliz Navidad"
  • "Pop, pop! Fizz, fizz!" Alka-Seltzer jingle, The Home Depot theme song, "I'm stuck on Band-Aid brand" jingle, "I wish I were an Oscar Meyer weiner" jingle, Old Spice jingle, "The best part of waking up" Folgers jingle
  • "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" by Jet, "In the Air Tonight" by Phil Collins, "Billie Jean"/"Pepsi Generation" by Michael Jackson, "Mad World" by Michael Andrews and Gary Jules
Definitely banking on a lot of nostalgia for those old commercials you'd watch endlessly as a child for this one
If he would win, he would give everyone presents on December.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
That's it for submissions!

Newcomer Voting:
Yiptap Yiptap Peppermint Patty (Uses rips from/associated with comic strip franchises [Includes songs by Meghan Trainor, becuase of the Peanuts Movie], rips associated with sports, and rips related to Winter, snow, and/or the cold)
Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear Hawkeye Pierce (M*A*S*H) (Uses rips related to medical practices, rips related to alcohol, rips related to the Korean War, and rips related to The Last of the Mohicans)
Baysha Baysha 1984 (A giant floating copy of the book 1984) (Uses rips from songs from the many 1984 Adaptations, as well as rips associated with Dystopias in general)
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 The King (Literally the King piece from Chess) (Uses rips from strategy games, rips associated with tabletop games, rips associated with royalty, and rips associated with the colors black and white)
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Oswald The Lucky Rabbit (Uses rips from/associated with Classic Cartoons (Up to the 40s), rips from the Epic Mickey games, rips associated with rabbits, and rips associated with luck)
Dan Quixote Dan Quixote Santa Claus (Specifically the Santa Claus from the Coca-Cola ads) (Uses rips from Christmas Songs, as well as rips from songs from/heavily featured in ads)

As a reminder, vote for your top 3!
My votes:
1. The King (This is so creative!)
2. Peppermint Patty (Self-vote, but sports songs are a pretty good source, imo)
3. Oswald (I really like Oswald)

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
1. Santa Claus (There's a surprisingly high amount of potential here! I love the idea too, and the fact that it's unusual really helps as well!)
2. Literally 1984 (This is unreasonably funny to me, but it's also pretty cool to see when you consider some of the songs it reps - such as The Wall by Pink Floyd)
3. The King (Self-Vote, but I think there's a lot of potential here for bizarre and unusual interactions, as well as with cool source pulls!)

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
It's already getting surprisingly hard to come up with prompt ideas that haven't already been submitted so maybe I'll just start repeating in the future.

Job #17: Submit a musician

Simple thing here, obviously good for including a whole genre as a source. But I'll also leave it pretty open, too. It could be a real musician, it could be a fictional musician, it could be a whole band or even just a group of otherwise unaffiliated musicians. Just make sure their job is singing or playing an instrument.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
I'm gonna bring back one of our older prompt suggestions:

Submit a duo that contrasts each other.

Law & Disorder was such a unique team in KFAD, so I think it'd be cool to get one here. I don't know why I wasn't too interested in this prompt back when it was first suggested, but now I'm thinking about it and it sounds great...

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
I think it’s safe to call the King a “he” considering he’s…well…a King.

I would like it if he could speak and also bring his other pieces into the hotel to help. My thoughts though: The King doesn’t really do much in Chess…so he’s probably relatively inactive, despite still being blindly followed/respected. Now, the Queen is probably the most active of the bunch, doing most of the work. All the Pawns probably act like basic minions or something…the Knights are literally just horses…the Rooks are strong soldiers, and, well, I’m not too sure what the Bishops will be like.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
lol yeah KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 could he even talk? Or is he like a HOBaRT? Is he even a he?
My thinking behind the King is that he is able to speak, and is a very regal, slightly cut-throat strategist who'll use a lot of chess terminology. However, though he talks a big game, he's not as powerful or strong as he lets on (in reference to how the Queen is able to move any number of squares in any direction whilst the King can only move one at a time.) Notably, he'll try and get under Stingy's skin, mostly to try and assert his dominance.

Bonus characters could include the Queen, a far more assertive person who backs up the King, the Rook, a secretive fellow who has a lot of information on the King, the Knight, a hero of the King's checkerboard who is aging somewhat and wants someone to take over his place, the Bishops, a religious order planning to overthrow the King but working alongside him as part of their plan, and the Pawns, foot soldiers of the King who would essentially act as servants. Also, he despises his twin brother, who is the opposite colour to him.

Sorry this post isn't very high quality, I'm writing on mobile from my college on a lunch break, but I hope this is okay! Also I'm completely open to suggestions :)

Edit! In terms of physiology, I imagine that the King can communicate telepathically, so that we don't have to anthropomorphise his design at all. Unlike something like HOBaRT, we can't argue that he could just use a microphone or the like, but having him have those slightly spiritual ties could work given his prompt as an "old" character. My basic idea is that they're literally, like, just a sentient chess piece, at the normal size of a chess piecs.

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Edit! In terms of physiology, I imagine that the King can communicate telepathically, so that we don't have to anthropomorphise his design at all. Unlike something like HOBaRT, we can't argue that he could just use a microphone or the like, but having him have those slightly spiritual ties could work given his prompt as an "old" character. My basic idea is that they're literally, like, just a sentient chess piece, at the normal size of a chess piecs.
I think it would be funny if the King just talks normally and is human-sized just for the hell of it. I don’t mind how the King speaks as long as he isn’t anthropomorhisized in any way.

Top Bottom