• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: SilvaGunner: King For A Day Round 3! [REBOOT]

Should modified KFAD contestands be allowed?

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Nah, man

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
I realized halfway through writing this that this also fits my trio submission from the last job

Job #7: SNK Heroines

1640728923136.png
1640728871641.png
1640728834136.png

A trio of some of the toughest girls in fighting games are here to show off their physical prowess just as much as their musical potential! Leader Athena Asamiya has a lot of confidence in their performance, considering her main gig is being a J-pop star, and she's been yanked to the tournament along with two friends from the King of Fighters tournament, young austringer and shrine maiden Nakoruru and a very embarrassed Terry Bogard who was kind of in the middle of trying to fix his current predicament. With Terry's raw power, Nakoruru's flying companion Mamahaha, and Athena's psychokinesis, they're sure to not lose any physical bouts if those somehow pop up.

Okay time to get out of character. These are three famous fighters from the SNK universe using their designs from SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy. They work as a team, of course, but the main representative tying them together will be Athena. They can work as the representation for the very popular fighting game genre in this tournament, as demonstrated by their sources down here.

Sources
  • Rips featuring songs originating in fighting games
  • Rips featuring songs from any SNK franchise
  • Rips featuring songs considered "Girl Power!" anthems or songs by girl groups
That "originating in" in the first source is important. Means you can't just pick any song that happened to be remixed in Smash lol. Onto the examples!

Examples
  • Songs from Tekken, Guilty Gear, Skullgirls, Melty Blood, Street Fighter, Super Smash Bros. (e.g. Lifelight, Ken Stage, Stormy Saxophone, Techno Syndrome, Moonlit Wilderness, This Is True Love Makin', Smell of the Game)
  • Songs from Metal Slug, Psycho Soldier, Fatal Fury, Samurai Shodown (e.g. Kurikinton, Main Theme from Metal Slug, Psycho Soldier Theme)
  • "Formation" by Beyoncé, "Bad Reputation" by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, "God Is a Woman" by Ariana Grande, "Man! I Feel like a Woman!" by Shania Twain
  • Songs by Destiny's Child, Blackpink, Spice Girls, Fifth Harmony, AKB48, Little Mix, The Supremes (e.g. "Ddu-Du Ddu-Du", "The Ketchup Song (Aserejé)", "Independent Women", "No Scrubs", "Please Mr. Postman", "All the Things She Said")

Baysha

Smash Ace
Portrait_goddess_p1.png
Kragg.png

The Platform Fighters (Goddess of Explosions and Kragg)

I know this works for the prompt I submitted but I had different characters for that one in mind I swear. Smash isn't the only platform fighter around. There are tons of great games out there that are overlooked as "Smash clones" without being given a chance. These two aim to change that and prove that platform fighters can work as their own genre.

Sources:

*Rips featuring songs from any platform fighter that is not in the Super Smash Bros series. (Smash fangames do not count)
*Rips featuring songs from Ludosity games or the Rivals of Aether universe.
*Rips with songs related to construction or destruction

Examples:
*Songs from RoA, Slap City, Nick All-Star Brawl, Rushdown Revolt, The Outfoxies, etc.
*Hyper Princess Pitch - Boss, Creatures of Aether - Elemental Clash.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Time to wrap up voting!

KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 Toxtricity (Uses rips from Pokémon and other GameFreak Media, as well as rips having to do with poison, electricity, and songs in the punk rock genre.)
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Steve (Uses rips from Minecraft and Minecraft Parodies, other Microsoft Games, and other Sandbox Games.)
Yiptap Yiptap Kel & Pluto (Uses rips from Omori, songs composed by Bo En, and rips associated with ball sports and outer space.)
Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear Plague Knight & Mona (Uses rips from the Shovel Knight series [Including games Shovel Knight has crossed over with except Smash], rips related to the plague/plague doctors, rips related to explosions, and rips related to alchemy.)
Dan Quixote Dan Quixote SNK Heroines (Athena Asamiya, Nakoruru, and Female Terry Bogard) (Uses rips from songs that debuted from Fighting Games [Except Smash], rips from any game in the SNK Franchise, and rips from "Girl Power" Anthems/Songs sung by female groups.)
Baysha Baysha The Platform Fighters (Goddess of Explosions & Kragg) (Uses rips from any Platform Fighter except Super Smash Bros, rips from any Ludosity Game or Rivals of Aether, and rips from songs from songs relating to construction or destruction.)
Vote for your top three, and only vote for your submission for second of third.
1. SNK Heroines (The banger potential is unreal here)
2. Toxtricity (Same reasoning as the SNK Heroines)
3. Kel & Pluto (Self-vote, but there's still some banger potential)
This was REEEEALLY hard. I constantly switched votes, and it was overall very hard. I would put my own submission in last, that's how good these submissions were.

Anyway, for the next jobs...
Job 8: Submit a title (Again!)
Keep in mind the setting takes place in a hotel in the void.

Job 9: Submit a host!
We will have two hosts, so I ask you to submit one of them! Make sure to include their role and motivations. Voting and jobs will go until tomorrow.

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
"It's one for all, and all for me!"
Job 9: King Stingy

Finally achieving his dream of becoming king of the world, King Stingy uses his intense wealth to build a hotel in the interdimensional void. However, being the king of the world is pretty boring, so King Stingy decides to bring sixteen unlucky souls/groups of souls to participate in his ripping tournament for his own leisure! Some say that King Stingy gives all losers a cruel and unusual punishment... But that's a joke, right?

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
1. SNK Heroines (Fighting games genuinely don't get enough appreciation for their music! Also, there's so much rip potential here - and a trio is always nice to see!)
2. Toxtricity (Self-vote, but punk rock as a genre has a lot of potential, and there's a surprising amount of pretty banger rips from this sourcelist!)
3. Plague Knight & Mona (I think this pair works well - Shovel Knight has a lot of potential, and if you extend "plague" to things such as zombies, there's tons of potential! Plus, I think their personalities work well together too!)

Job #8: Interdimensional Hotel Incident.
Keeps it nice and simple, hmm? I think it's a quite fun name given it's pretty descriptive whilst also having a nice sense of alliteration to it.

Job 9:
1640747467724.png

1640747483375.png

I'd like to note that I don't picture Space Jackson as being the primary antagonist or anything of the like, rather, he takes a position closer to that of Meowth in KFAD2 - that is, he's the primary interviewer. Even he's not aware exactly who, or what, is pulling the strings... he's just here for the scoop, and to get these high quality rips broadcast across the galaxy!

Also, just for flavour, I included a sourcelist! After all, KFAD2 saw bonus characters like Mr. Bean, Meowth, HyperCam and even Etika getting bonus rips - so it makes sense to have a sourcelist just in case. Anyways, here goes!

1640747497026.png

I hope this is good!

1. SNK Heroines
2. Steve (Minecraft)
3. Platform Fighters!

Job 8:
"The Hotel tournament of Kings"!

Could allude to "King for another Day" tournament and it can reference Hotel setting.

Job 8:
Master Hand (Super Smash Bros.)

1640785039346.png

Master Hand is main Antagonist of Super Smash Bros. series and he is a sentient Deity Hand that created World of Trophies. He was even responsible for making the Huge Nintendo & Gaming Crossover as the Lore shows in Super Smash Bros. games.

In "KFAD 3", he is tho host of the Tournament and he is responsible for bringing 16 Contestants from their Dimensions to Hotel to check who has most Banger Music Potential.
He also built a hotel in Interdimensional Void, where he could let People from other Worlds stay in Hotel.
Master Hand let 16 Contestants to stay in Hotel and pick them for Ripping fight. If someone loses, Master Hand would trap him in Hotel until it won't win again. If someone wins the Tournament, he will let it go to it's home World.

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
let's a goooo

1. Plague Knight & Mona (just a cute concept and the explosions source is better than most people might realize)
2. SNK Heroines (yeah I gotta vote for fighting game music when it SLAPS)
3. Toxtricity (every Pokémon song almost feels like too OP of a source but in a good way)

These next two jobs I had such a hard time with coming up with something good for, since they're so important and affect the whole game! But hey, I gotta submit something.

Job #8: Dimensional Junction

Nice and simple, the crossroads of the multiverse all converging at this hotel. Plus the acronym is DJ and this is a music tournament so wink wink nudge nudge.

Job #9: Monokubs

1640810509048.png

Hey I admit I like Danganronpa, and these marginalized children are much more incompetent than Monokuma, so it makes sense that all they could manage is a not-so-deadly musical tournament. For those not in the know, these are the secondary antagonists of Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony: Monotaro, Monophanie, Monosuke, Monodam, and Monokid. They pilot deadly robots but other than that they just kinda bungle around and make things annoying for everyone. In fact, they're good for a fakeout, with the real host organizing the tournament being revealed later on and the Monokubs just being scapegoats that absorb all the attention of the contestants until the very end, when they're finally kicked out with a "So long, bear-well!"

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Voting's over!

KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 Toxtricity: 5 Votes
Yiptap Yiptap Kel & Pluto: 1 Vote
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Steve: 5 Votes
Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear Plague Knight & Mona: 6 Votes!
Dan Quixote Dan Quixote SNK Heroines: 13 Votes!
Baysha Baysha Platform Fighters: 5 Votes
Because I feel like it, both SNK Heroines and Plague Knight & Mona win! All of the submissions were great, so I wouldn't mind who wins.

Title Voting:
Baysha Baysha The Battle of Hotel Havoc
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 Interdimensional Hotel Incident
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds The Hotel Tournament of Kings
Dan Quixote Dan Quixote Dimensional Junction
Vote for your top two. Only vote for your submission in the second spot.
1. Interdimensional Hotel Incident (I feel kind bad, since KneeOfJustice clarified this is what it should be called in the story submissions, but I didn't want the other submissions to go to waste, so I put their submission at number one.)
2. Dimensional Junction (Short and sweet!)

Host Voting:
Yiptap Yiptap King Stingy (Lazytown)
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 Space Jackson (Space Channel 9)
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Master Hand
Dan Quixote Dan Quixote Monokubs (Danganronpa)
Same rules as the title voting.
1. Monokubs (I like Dangy Romper)
2. King Stingy (Not only is it a self-vote, but I think this could be a fun tribute to SilvaGunner, since they frequently make Lazytown rips.)

Job 10: Submit a newcomer prompt!
It's that time again! Just submit a newcomer prompt, and go nuts! (Resubmissions are allowed)

Last edited:

Baysha

Smash Ace
1. King Stingy
2. Monokubs

1. Dimensional Junction
2. Battle of Hotel Havoc

Prompt: A character associated with the early internet

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Whoa I'm two for two on character submissions now! Can't wait for that luck to come crashing down lol. Nice to see Plague Knight and Mona make it too though, that seems like a very SiIvaGunner-type pick. With all these votes and jobs combined into one post, this thread is moving so fast... I kinda like it.

1. Interdimensional Hotel Incident (literally just say it aloud, it rolls off the tongue so well)
2. Dimensional Junction (thought I'd give the other vote to the only one without "hotel" in the name oh wait it's me)

1. King Stingy (connecting this to SiIvaGunner through LazyTown is genius!)
2. Space Jackson (this is the first of hopefully many moments on this thread that made me laugh irl, it's just... incredible)

Job #10: Submit a real person

Look at all these video game characters. It's getting too nerdy in here. For this prompt, you must submit an extant being! That being, someone who currently exists or has existed in real life, who was born not of media but of WooHoo. Could be a musician to represent a music genre, like KFAD's Adam Levine, it could be someone who became a meme on their own right, like KFAD's Reggie and ZUN, or it could just be someone you particularly like who can be connected to some good sources. Just as long as they're flesh and blood! I'll say that groups are allowed for this prompt as long as at least one of them is real

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Titles:
1. Dimensional Junction. I'll admit, I originally thought of this hotel as being a gleaming, ornate and wonderous place. The idea given to me by this name is some ****ty motel you'd find beside a freeway, and I love it - a slightly humerous take on the formula. Plus, it shortens to DJ - perfection!
2. The Battle of Hotel Havoc. I actually really like the alliteration here, plus it really gives a frantic, slightly weird feel that perfectly encapsulates the energy a tourney like this would have!

Host:
1. Monokubs. Whilst I know next to nothing about Danganrompa, the source potential for these characters is pretty good! As a host, they also bring a pretty interesting aspect that you don't see often - humerous levels of incompetence. I can picture these as the Scratch & Grounder to the real person pulling the strings, and I love it!
2. Space Jackson. Whilst it's a self-vote, I think Space Jackson would provide an interesting spin on the whole "bonus character" thing, similar to KFAD2's Meowth. Being a reporter, he's already perfect for the role - and explaining how he got there is as simple as saying he borrowed a spaceship for the scoop. Not only this, but his source potential - especially with MJ's work - would be an absolute treat.

Prompt: A character who represents a musical genre.

My thinking for this prompt is a bit crazy. As it happens, some characters just work so well with genres - be they MissingNo.'s collection of glitchhop and IDM, Mariya's aestheticcollection of Future Funk, or the Jazz Cats and their wonderful licks - so it's a good shout to toss one here! I'd like to stress that a character doesn't have to be focused on that source, but has to have a musical genre as a part of their sourcelist.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Name:
1. Dimensional Junction (I love how simple it is and how it can be shortened to “DJ”)
2. Hotel Havoc (Sounds Catchy)

Host:
1. King Stingy
2. Space Jackson

Newcomer Criteria:
Submit a newcomer from a comic strip. If this criteria is chosen, the character who represents it must have “rips related to comic strips” as a source, but their other sources can be anything else based on who is chosen.

Name:
1. The Dimensional Junction
2. The Hotel Tournament of Kings

Host:
1. King Stingy (How the heck he can travel through Dimensions, that's weird but anyway)
2. Master Hand

Newcomer prompt:
Submit a Real Life person.

it can be Wrestler or singer, but it needs to be Real Person.

PS: That's a shame that Wario Wario Wario and airConditioner aren't on this thread. That would be fun if we had them.

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Sorry for the holdup, everyone! That's it for voting and submissions!

Host Results
Yiptap Yiptap King Stingy: 9 Votes!
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 Space Jackson: 3 Votes
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Master Hand: 1 Vote
Dan Quixote Dan Quixote Monokubs: 5 Votes
The first host is King Stingy from LazyTown! Keep in mind that he's not the only host: We'll have another job for the second host some other time.

Title Results
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 Interdimensional Hotel Incident: 4 Votes
Baysha Baysha The Battle of Hotel Havoc: 3 Votes
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds The Hotel Tournament of Kings: 1 Vote
Dan Quixote Dan Quixote Dimensional Junction: 10 Votes!
Our tournament is called Dimensional Junction!

Prompt Voting
Baysha Baysha A character associated with the early internet (No later than 2009)
Dan Quixote Dan Quixote A real-life person
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 A character who represents a musical genre
Yiptap Yiptap A character associated with children (Includes characters from children's shows and cartoons, child characters, and toys, for example)
Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear A character from a comic strip (Must include 'music from/associated with comic strips' )
Vote for your top three!
1. Real-life
2. Comic strip
3. Children

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
1. A character who represents a musical genre (since I submitted Lofi Girl you know I like this one)
2. A character associated with children (just having children's content as a source is so strong already tbh)
3. A real-life person (I wanna see what kinds of people you all pull into this)

Yiptap

Smash Lord
New Sub-Job: What does the hotel look like?
Just a little sub-job. All submissions will be accepted, and you can submit a maximum of five. In this little sub-job, you can design areas of the hotel! The purpose of this job is to add a little world-building and personality to this hotel. Have fun with this!

Hotel Area Submission: Music Room
The music room's appearance is a large backstage. You can find almost every instrument here! There are also large speakers and microphones everywhere, and posters of famous album covers, except all the faces on the posters have been replaced by the face of Stingy. People come here to listen to music, try out music for themselves, or just steal the louder instuments (Usually the tuba and airhorn) and blast them in the ears of others.

Once again, this is all just for fun. This has no impact on the story.

Last edited:
Sub-Job about Hotel:
"The Dimensional Hotel"

The Dimensional Hotel has exterior based on Normal Vertical Rectangle Hotel, but it has Dimensional Colors like Orange or Purple, since the Aesthetic based on KFAD tournament backgrounds with Abstract colors and shapes. The Hotel has 8 floors.

Interior of hotel looks Modern and there is Reception in front of the entrance and there are elevators leading to higher floors, where some rooms locate.
Also, on base floor there are some rooms and even the Hotel inside looks luxury with Stingy statues and golden floor along with Red Hollywood Carpet.

Hotel Area submission: Lounge Area
This room is actually rest area for everyone, where you can hang out with friends, relax peacefully or wait for your Room to be open for staying. The lounge area has huge couch for everyone and there is a table, where you can put stuff like Plates on it. In this room, everything is filled with 24K Gold Luxury, where there are famous Paintings with replaced faces of Stingy.
There are also speakers to listen to music from rips like from King for Day, Another Day or King for Another Day (Even real music included).

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Criteria vote:
1. Children
2. Musical Genre
3. Comic strip

Hotel Area: Personalized Rooms for the Contestants
Each contestant will get a room to themselves, and teams will have to bunk together. This can lead to some interesting miniature plot lines for minor character development, such as expanding on Plague Knight and Mona’s cute, awkward relationship. Plus, we could establish that each room has a unique design…at the very least Lo-Fi Girl’s room should look like the one she has in her source. And I can see Plague Knight and Mona’s room resembling their hideout. I’m not sure what the SNK gals should get though…

Baysha

Smash Ace
1. Genre
2. Real life
3. Children's

Hotel area: The Guest Rooms and The Hallways
Beyond the personalized rooms, the hotel has many more generic rooms for guests and spectators to stay. In fact, the hotel actually has an infinite number of rooms. Just don't go too far into the hallways. The deeper you go, the more twisted and bizarre it becomes. Twists, turns, impossible geometry, and confusing layouts await if you go too deep. Eventually, if you keep going deeper and deeper, you may come to a point where you can't go back. Just what is this place? And how did Stingy of all people get it?

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
ooh neat I love worldbuilding

Sub-Job: Food Court

The first or second story of the hotel will have the cafeteria, just as all hotels have a little place where guests can get a continental breakfast to start the day. This being King Stingy's extravagant dimension, though, it's far more decked out than a simple cafeteria. Different stations contain buffet bars pulled right from the varied and wild worlds of everyone involved in the tournament. At the moment, all of our contestants aren't known for eating anything strange, but everyone will have options in the future. It'll be a place where all the characters can meet in the mornings and evenings and get to know each other over a meal. In true LazyTown fashion, there is a focus on giving out candies at every possible station!

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Aw nice!!

Sub Job: The Balcony Bar.
A hotel floating in the abyss between dimensions is pretty popular for various beings from across the worlds. However, one thing that's a particular draw to the place is the sheer eldritch beauty that is the "sky." Neither up nor down, it's so... bizarre that it attracts beings of all kinds - and what better thing to do than to stare into an indescribable void whilst drinking a cold beverage?

It's for this reason that King Stingy had a balcony built on the hotel's roof. The balcony itself keeps that wonderfully ornate aura held by the rest of the hotel - golden handrails, a heated pool, and even various chairs and the like. Perhaps the most notable attraction is the bar present - King Stingy hired a bartender by the name of Tapper, who's pretty much an expert at making any sort of drink one might ask for. Yes. Any drink. Turns out he's a nice guy, but he's only working under Stingy because he pays well - he's a little suspicious of Stingy too...

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Alright, voting is over! Just so you guys know, the location sub-job is still open and will remain open for who knows how long. For now, I'll say that there's a cap of five locations per person, but that's subject to change. Anyway, now for the results:

Prompt Results:
Baysha Baysha Early Internet: 1 Vote
Dan Quixote Dan Quixote Real Life: 11 Votes!
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 Musical Genre: 9 Votes
Yiptap Yiptap Children: 7 Votes
Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear Comic Strip: 8 Votes
Our next newcomer is...

Job 11: Submit a real life person!
Submit a real life person! It's exactly what it says on the tin. So pretty much a person who exists in real life. Here's the format:
  • Name
  • Description (Completely Optional)
  • Image if possible
  • Sources (No more than 5)
  • Examples (A source should have at least 1 example to be valid)
Happy submitting!

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Real Life Newcomer:
Chris Pratt

Chris appears as an amalgamation of a few of his most notable roles. He wears Star Lord’s ravager outfit (complete with Walkman), Mario’s hat, and Emmett’s Piece of Resistance on his back. He even has Blue the velociraptor at his side!

Sources:
Rips related to any franchise Chris has been a part of. This is your chance to make a Parks and Recreation rip!

Rips related to the Marvel Comics franchise, such as music from Guardians of the Galaxy, Marvel vs Capcom, or 60’s Spider-Man.

Rips related to the mainline Super Mario series. Giving him ALL the Mario music might be a bit much, but this’ll still give you stuff from Mario Galaxy or Odyssey!

Rips related to Lego. This can be anything at all from a Lego movie or game! Music from Lego City Undercover, Lego Dimensions, Ninjago, Bionicle…

And finally, Rips related to dinosaurs. I guess this means you could make a Barney rip…

Last edited:

Baysha

Smash Ace
Real Life Newcomer:
Chris Pratt

Chris appears as an amalgamation of a few of his most notable roles. He wears Star Lord’s ravager outfit (complete with Walkman), Mario’s hat, and Emmett’s Piece of Resistance on his back. He even has Blue the velociraptor at his side!

Sources:
Rips related to any franchise Chris has been a part of. This is your chance to make a Parks and Recreation rip!

Rips related to the Marvel Comics franchise, such as music from Guardians of the Galaxy, Marvel vs Capcom, or 60’s Spider-Man.

Rips related to the mainline Super Mario series. Giving him ALL the Mario music might be a bit much, but this’ll still give you stuff from Mario Galaxy or Odyssey!

Rips related to Lego. This can be anything at all from a Lego movie or game! Music from Lego City Undercover, Lego Dimensions, Ninjago, Bionicle…

And finally, Rips related to dinosaurs. I guess this means you could make a Barney rip…
Chris Pratt played Obi-Wan Kenobi in a commercial for Star Wars Kinect. So...

Baysha

Smash Ace
The Bieber Bros.

A duo of Justin Bieber when Baby was released (2010) and him in the modern day. It seems Stingy (or whoever the mysterious second host is) can pick contestants throughout time as well. But no matter at what age they are, the two Biebers are ready to make themselves known.

Sources:

• Any song released by Justin Bieber
  • Songs in the Teen Pop or R&B genres
  • Songs considered "cringe" or notable for their bad receptions
Examples:
  • Baby, Yummy
  • Songs by One Direction or Bruno Mars
  • Rebecca Black - Friday, Misha - POKEMON GO SONG!!!

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
I actually really struggled with this submission - too many ideas!! I ended up whittling some down because of a few reasons - some had better character choices for their sources (like Tim Follin,) and some were technically overlap (Eric Andre, [as] bumps are in Lo-Fi's sourcelist.) However, I hope this final choice is okay!

1640918797221.png

1640918803742.png

ASS!! Flipping the bird to the world with one hand, and with a bottle of Rolling Rock in the other, the AVGN is here to take you back to the past! With ****ty games at his disposal, this vulgar critic (NO, NOT THAT ONE,) is sure to be able to beat the opposition down! After all, with opponents like Bugs Bunny, Jason Voorhees and... a Robotic Operating Buddy?... he's got some experience in the field!

1640918876939.png

I genuinely considered this as a HOBaRT-like pick, but I have a few ideas in mind for a later one anyways. RIP Converse Shoe. ????-2021

Baysha

Smash Ace
I actually really struggled with this submission - too many ideas!! I ended up whittling some down because of a few reasons - some had better character choices for their sources (like Tim Follin,) and some were technically overlap (Eric Andre, [as] bumps are in Lo-Fi's sourcelist.) However, I hope this final choice is okay!

View attachment 341463
View attachment 341464

ASS!! Flipping the bird to the world with one hand, and with a bottle of Rolling Rock in the other, the AVGN is here to take you back to the past! With ****ty games at his disposal, this vulgar critic (NO, NOT THAT ONE,) is sure to be able to beat the opposition down! After all, with opponents like Bugs Bunny, Jason Voorhees and... a Robotic Operating Buddy?... he's got some experience in the field!

View attachment 341465

I genuinely considered this as a HOBaRT-like pick, but I have a few ideas in mind for a later one anyways. RIP Converse Shoe. ????-2021
Does he really count, though? He's a fictional character. Not a real person.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Honestly I'm unsure how well this one fits the prompt, since it's a fictionalized version of a real person, but also the joke is that this contestant is the real person actor instead of that fictionalized version, soooo... It's weird, but if the AVGN can be submitted I guess so can this.

Job #11: Alexander Hamilton

1640920140096.png

That's right, this is the real Alexander Hamilton! The Founding Father, treasurer, and one-time duelist who helped shaped the United States of America during its birth at the end of the eighteenth century! Somehow, he's very well-versed on modern music, and he talks just like a twenty-first century person. He was ahead of his time, truly.

Okay, so this isn't Hamilton, it's Lin-Manuel Miranda in his Hamilton costume from the hit stage musical from a few years ago that rocked the entire nation by incorporating elements of hip-hop into its repertoire and going absolutely viral on the Internet. The hosts here just insist on referring to him as Alexander Hamilton. So yeah, the character in this case is Lin-Manuel Miranda, a real man who has simply been mis-labeled, so that's why I think he fits the prompt.

Sources
  • Rips featuring showtunes from musical theater
  • Rips featuring songs from any project that involves Lin-Manuel Miranda
  • Rips featuring songs about the United States

Examples
  • Songs from The Sound of Music, Grease, West Side Story, The Phantom of the Opera, Dear Evan Hansen, Jesus Christ Superstar (e.g. My Favorite Things, Defying Gravity, Seasons of Love, Summer Nights, Time Warp)
  • Songs from Hamilton, In the Heights, Moana, Encanto
  • "This Land Is Your Land" by Woody Guthrie, "This Is America" by Childish Gambino, "American Idiot" by Green Day, "Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue (The Angry America)" by Toby Keith, "Fight the Power" by Public Enemy, "The Star-Spangled Banner"

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Considering that Dan Quixote, the person who suggested the prompt, liked the post, I think he's fair game.
sorry for double post but yeah, it's not really some egregious rulebreak so I don't wanna start any fights, but I liked the post for the cool source list. AVGN kinda is a fictional character even if he's live action though...

Yiptap

Smash Lord
sorry for double post but yeah, it's not really some egregious rulebreak so I don't wanna start any fights, but I liked the post for the cool source list. AVGN kinda is a fictional character even if he's live action though...
Thanks for clarifying! KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 , if you have another submission that fits the prompt, that would be appreciated, but if you don't, I'll accept AVGN anyway.

Last edited:
Job 11:
🚨⚠!WARNING!⚠🚨
🚨⚠!NEWCOMER ALERT!⚠🚨
🚨⚠!A CHALLENGER APROACHES!⚠🚨

Get ready...
For...
The moment...
With a Wrestler...
Known for his eyebrows and strength....

Presenting...

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson!

Description Entry: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is a popular American Wrestler and Actor, who fights in WWE and he plays roles of characters in movies (Notably Jungle Movies). He is Iconic Wrestler alongside John Cena and Undertaker.
"The Rock" is also a singer, which he appeared in Tech N9ne's song called: "Face off", which it gained huge popularity due to memes and even himself as very known Wrestler from WWE.
He won a lot of battles, which he used his strength as always on Arena to fight others like John Cena.
Also, he is very known for his Eyebrow pose, where he does when he appears and it's very popular among WWE fans and others, who don't watch Wrestling, but they know him from Movies for Example).

Sources:
  • Rips taken from WWE Media like Songs or commercials.
  • Rips taken from other Wrestling companies than WWE.
  • Rips taken from his appearances in Songs.
  • Rips taken from Movies with his appearance.
  • Rips taken from Movies or Cartoons with Jungle theme.

Rip Examples:
  • Rips taken from WWE media like Songs or Commercials (John Cena theme, WWE theme)
  • Rips taken from other Wrestling companies than WWE (UFC theme)
  • Rips taken from his appearances in Songs (Tech N9ne - Face Off)
  • Rips taken from Movies with his appearance (Journey to Mysterious Island theme)
  • Rips taken from Movies or Cartoons with Jungle theme (Tarzan movie song)

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Job 11:
🚨⚠!WARNING!⚠🚨
🚨⚠!NEWCOMER ALERT!⚠🚨
🚨⚠!A CHALLENGER APROACHES!⚠🚨

Get ready...
For...
The moment...
With a Wrestler...
Known for his eyebrows and strength....

Presenting...

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson!

Description Entry: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is a popular American Wrestler and Actor, who fights in WWE and he plays roles of characters in movies (Notably Jungle Movies). He is Iconic Wrestler alongside John Cena and Undertaker.
"The Rock" is also a singer, which he appeared in Tech N9ne's song called: "Face off", which it gained huge popularity due to memes and even himself as very known Wrestler from WWE.
He won a lot of battles, which he used his strength as always on Arena to fight others like John Cena.
Also, he is very known for his Eyebrow pose, where he does when he appears and it's very popular among WWE fans and others, who don't watch Wrestling, but they know him from Movies for Example).

Sources:
  • Rips taken from WWE Media like Songs or commercials.
  • Rips taken from other Wrestling companies than WWE.
  • Rips taken from his appearances in Songs.
  • Rips taken from Movies with his appearance.
  • Rips taken from Movies or Cartoons with Jungle theme.

Rip Examples:
  • Rips taken from WWE media like Songs or Commercials (John Cena theme, WWE theme)
  • Rips taken from other Wrestling companies than WWE (UFC theme)
  • Rips taken from his appearances in Songs (Tech N9ne - Face Off
  • Rips taken from Movies with his appearance (Journey to Mysterious Island theme)
  • Rips taken from Movies or Cartoons with Jungle theme (Tarzan movie song)
aw no vine boom

jokes aside, nice! :D

Top Bottom