• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: SilvaGunner: King For A Day Round 3! [REBOOT]

Should modified KFAD contestands be allowed?

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Nah, man

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Man I really gotta make a Rave.DJ mashup soon. Anyway this feels like it's breaking SiIvaGunner's "no Internet celebrities" rule but screw it it's funny

Job #20: Anthony Fantano

1642714188280.png

The best teeth in the game has graced the tournament with his presence! A music competition needs a judge, doesn't it? And this cutthroat interdimensional competition needs a ruthless judge like Anthony Fantano, arguably the most famous and influential single music critic currently active on the Web. He's become an icon even outside of the musical circles because of the incredible amount of memes he can generate on a daily basis. Despite the memes, his opinions on all artists, big to small, are generally very respected. King Stingy will use his expertly critical ears to make sure all the results of the voting are authenticated, or something like that. Perhaps King Stingy only brought theneedledrop himself just to make all the contestants feel bad about their work. Still, he has opinions and he'll be glad to share them with everyone here, no matter how they react.

Sources
  • Rips featuring songs from artists Anthony Fantano has awarded a 0 or a 10
  • Rips featuring music about music
  • Rips featuring songs about fruit or teeth
Examples
  • Songs by Kanye West, Tones and I, Kid Cudi, Chance the Rapper, Kendrick Lamar, Death Grips, Spellling
  • "I Write the Songs" by Barry Manilow, "Tim McGraw" by Taylor Swift, "Radio Ga Ga" by Queen, "It's Still Rock and Roll to Me" by Billy Joel, "Video Killed the Radio Star" by the Buggles
  • "My Shiny Teeth and Me" from Fairly Oddparents, "Watermelon Sugar", "Fruit Salad" by the Wiggles, "All I Want for Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth", "Teeth" by 5 Seconds of Summer, that "lime in the coconut" song, "Hollaback Girl"

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Submissions are ded.

Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Masahiro Sakurai (Uses rips from original Super Smash Bros songs, rips from games SORA LTD has worked on, rips from platform fighters, and rips from official video game crossovers)
Yiptap Yiptap The Dark Lord (Uses rips from Mii games, rips from games with customizable features, and rips associated with facial features)
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 Mechanical Moonwalker (Uses rips from songs by or featuring Micheal Jackson, rips associated with robots and other sentient mechanical objects, and rips from songs that reached the Top 100 between 1985 and 1990)
Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear Evil Abed (Uses rips from songs related to Community, rips related to schools, rips related to doppelgängers and evil conterparts, and rips related to Paintball)
Dan Quixote Dan Quixote Anthony Fantano (Uses rips from songs that Anthony Fantano had rated a 0 or a 10, rips related to music about music, and rips related to fruit and teeth)
Due to little submissions, vote for your top two.

1. Anthony (That's some good potential! He also fits as a boss, criticizing the rips)
2. Mechanical Moonwalker (Micheal Jackson on his own is already a good source)

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
1. Anthony Fantano. The potential of a music critic as a boss is really funny! Plus, his sources have a lot of potential - I can see them working well! Also, the concept of "music about music" is really funny to me, but I love the concept.

(I'd also like to suggest in advance that one of his rips is some sort of AI voice of him describing his own rip, without actually using it and with said rip never featuring in the video itself, whilst ranting during the "review" about the nature of DMCA and copyright law as a whole, growing more and more annoyed until he plays it and the first note makes the video unavailable.)

2. Mechanical Moonwalker. Self-vote, but I think MJ has a lot of potential as a boss. Robots as a whole gives a lot of solid rips, and Michael Jackson's discography is laden with bangers. Adding Top 100 hits from '85 to '90 just acts as a cherry on top - tons of incredibly solid songs!

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Random point, but can I suggest a slight alteration to POTTERQUEST's sources?
Original
Music by, or featuring, Neil Cicierega.
Music or sound effects sampled in the Mouth Albums.
Music associated with puppets.

Altered
Music by, or featuring, Neil Cicierega.
Music sampled in the Mouth Albums (no overlap).
Music associated with puppets or magic.

I feel these changes would give him more of his own identity aside from Neil, and adding a "no overlap" would just overall aid in ensuring rips for POTTERQUEST are unique. Y'all don't have to go with this, but I've given it a bit of thought and I think this would be overall better than my original submission :)

(I just realised as I got back home, turns out that Harry Potter itself wasn't even in POTTERQUEST's original sourcelist, how I didn't notice that before is beyond me. Sorry about this!)

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
The Potterquest changes make sense to me, especially since how are you gonna have a Harry Potter character without magic as a source? Though I'm confused what "no overlap" means here.

1. Mechanical Moonwalker (I've voted for Michael Jackson once in this thread and I'll do it again! Admittedly he was already in KFAD 2 but eh, I thought he was underused as a source in that event anyway.)
2. Anthony Fantano ("Music about music" as a source might be the creative idea I'm most proud of in this thread so far, ngl.)

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
The Potterquest changes make sense to me, especially since how are you gonna have a Harry Potter character without magic as a source? Though I'm confused what "no overlap" means here.

1. Mechanical Moonwalker (I've voted for Michael Jackson once in this thread and I'll do it again! Admittedly he was already in KFAD 2 but eh, I thought he was underused as a source in that event anyway.)
2. Anthony Fantano ("Music about music" as a source might be the creative idea I'm most proud of in this thread so far, ngl.)
Essentially, "No Overlap" is a term used in a lot of tourneys to describe when a source belongs to multiple characters. For example, if we (hypothetically) introduced Shrek as a character with "Songs by Smash Mouth" as a source, we'd have overlap as POTTERQUEST's "Songs sampled in the Mouth Albums" includes such Smash Mouth songs as All Star and Walkin' on the Sun. In practice, this would mean that whilst POTTERQUEST doesn't get All Star, he still gets other songs that are part of that source (for example, Semi-Charmed Life,) and if there was a dual between POTTERQUEST and Shrek, they could both use songs by Smash Mouth. (In the event that POTTERQUEST were to win and get a "takeover," he'd then have "No Overlap" removed, as he's the only one getting rips.)

I'm sorry if I didn't describe that great though! :D

On that, I should probably describe why POTTERQUEST should have it as a source. I mean, it's a big source - but I think that it's an important part of Neil's musical career. I mean, he was pretty much responsible for popularising All Star, and songs like Semi-Charmed Life, One Week, Who Can It Be Now are pretty much synonymous with him because of the Mouth Albums. As well as this, certain mashups like Wow Wow and Bustin' are iconic enough to the point that they really warrant inclusion (despite, by definition, not "featuring" Neil.)

In terms of Neil's work, there's also a practical reason - a lot of his older works don't have stems available for various reasons. Stems are essentially the individual "things" that make a song, well, a song - vocals, bass, drums, etc. Whilst he's released what he can in recent years, most of them are lost, making older stuff difficult to use in mashups. This actually somewhat limits the pulls you can make with his "Neil Cicierega" source unless you're using something like rave.dj, because a lot of his songs simply don't have those stems available on the internet.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
I see! In that case though, what's the problem with overlap? These KFaD-inspired music tournaments have a lot of the duel rips as part of their repertoire from what I can tell, and two characters sharing a certain source lends itself well to that.
Well, that's the genius of it. In the case of a Dual Rip, because both characters have it in their source, it makes sense to use it then. It's just, in a rip specifically for POTTERQUEST, it would take away from the hypothetical contestant Shrek, as All Star would likely be a big part of both of their sourcelists. As such, a dual between the pair of them would probably feature it as a major part given the song's importance to both characters' sourcelists, but it probably wouldn't feature in two seperate, individual rips of their as major ones.

The main reason that overlap isn't ideal in tourneys is to really give characters unique vibes to one another. If several characters have the same song or media as a major part of their sourcelist, it makes the whole tourney a slightly stale feeling, whereas having characters with no overlap at all brings a unique aura to each of them (though admittedly it makes it more difficult to perform dual rips, but it's more of a challenge that way I think :D)

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Well, that's the genius of it. In the case of a Dual Rip, because both characters have it in their source, it makes sense to use it then. It's just, in a rip specifically for POTTERQUEST, it would take away from the hypothetical contestant Shrek, as All Star would likely be a big part of both of their sourcelists. As such, a dual between the pair of them would probably feature it as a major part given the song's importance to both characters' sourcelists, but it probably wouldn't feature in two seperate, individual rips of their as major ones.

The main reason that overlap isn't ideal in tourneys is to really give characters unique vibes to one another. If several characters have the same song or media as a major part of their sourcelist, it makes the whole tourney a slightly stale feeling, whereas having characters with no overlap at all brings a unique aura to each of them (though admittedly it makes it more difficult to perform dual rips, but it's more of a challenge that way I think :D)
It adds a little bit of extra challenge sure, I think I get it. Also sounds like the overlapping source goes to the character who doesn't say "no overlap"? just to be sure.

Sudden secondary question though. You called it a "Dual Rip" there and now I feel like there's an important distinction to make that SiIvaGunner was always a bit vague on. Is it a "duel" rip where it's two characters fighting for control over the soundtrack and therefore combining both of their sources into one song through force, or is it a "dual" rip where they pool their sources together and willingly come up with a way to incorporate both of their traits on one song?

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
It adds a little bit of extra challenge sure, I think I get it. Also sounds like the overlapping source goes to the character who doesn't say "no overlap"? just to be sure.

Sudden secondary question though. You called it a "Dual Rip" there and now I feel like there's an important distinction to make that SiIvaGunner was always a bit vague on. Is it a "duel" rip where it's two characters fighting for control over the soundtrack and therefore combining both of their sources into one song through force, or is it a "dual" rip where they pool their sources together and willingly come up with a way to incorporate both of their traits on one song?
On the first bit, yes. In general, the character who has more "good" sources, or at least has more potential overall other than said overlap, would get the "no overlap" because they have other stuff to back it up. For instance, in the case of Shrek vs. POTTERQUEST, it's the latter that gets "no overlap" because "Songs featured in the Mouth Albums" has overall more recognisable rips than "Songs by Smash Mouth."

On the second, it depends on the individual tourney. In something like KFAD it's actually kind of both, but then when you look at something like Live for Another Day 2 (a tourney based on the Danganrompa series, where losing contestants are brutally killed off,) it becomes more of a "duel" than a "dual." In the circumstances of this tourney we'd probably have to decide, but I think it's technically both - they are "duelling" in terms of the bracket, but Stingy's probably forcing them to work together to pool their sources for the rip.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Voting's over!

Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Sakurai: 1 Vote
Yiptap Yiptap The Dark Lord: 0 Votes
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 Mechanical Moonwalker: 7 Votes
Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear Evil Abed: 0 Votes
Dan Quixote Dan Quixote Anthony Fantano: 10 Votes!
The winner is...

Anthony Fantano!

This is gonna be a reeeeal interesting boss fight, that's for sure.

Job 21: Submit a newcomer!
To quote what I said a lot of times in this thread, go nuts! It's a free-for-all.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Caddy Christ

It’s Caddicarus, but he’s Jesus. Nuff said.

Rips related to Caddicarus or other gaming YouTubers, such as Scott the Woz or Nathanial Bandy.

Rips associated with franchises Caddy is known for playing/reviewing/hating, such as Crash Bandicoot or Peppa Pig.

Rips from any game on the PlayStation 1. Any game.

Rips related to Christianity, whether it be old hymns or modern worship songs…or music from Christian video games…

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Voting's over!

Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Sakurai: 1 Vote
Yiptap Yiptap The Dark Lord: 0 Votes
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 Mechanical Moonwalker: 7 Votes
Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear Evil Abed: 0 Votes
Dan Quixote Dan Quixote Anthony Fantano: 10 Votes!
The winner is...

Anthony Fantano!

This is gonna be a reeeeal interesting boss fight, that's for sure.

Job 21: Submit a newcomer!
To quote what I said a lot of times in this thread, go nuts! It's a free-for-all.
Okay, so I actually had a semi-good idea today, but I don't have a specific image for it. I'll attach related images though, and I'll describe what I'm thinking.

DEVOlution
Origin: Devo (1973), though also technically The Dawn of Man (circa 2,000,000 BC)
Characters: The DEVOlved (the monkey, who wears an Energy Dome - the distinctive hats worn by Devo - and the jumpsuit worn by the band as well. The idea is based on the origin for the name Devo, that is, the term "de-evolution.")
1642802944511.png
1642803651177.png

Description: Are we not men? We are DEVO! Looks like some of the big ideas of the f u t u r e must have seen the past somehow, because this ape from the dawn of man is all decked out in 80's era drip! How did it get here?... nobody seems to know for sure, but it's thought that it fell through the Void somehow. With an energy dome atop its head and a whip in its hand, will this funky monkey be able to keep up with the competition... or will his chances be left extinct?

Context: Similar to the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey, a monolith lands in a crater, and an ape goes to explore it. As the stars align, the monkey sees everything - the sum of all that humans will ever accomplish - and in that very moment, he's gone... turns out, the Monolith was just some random junk that someone in the Hotel tossed into a passing universe, and Stingy was bringing it back just to be annoying. The unintended passenger in the form of an ape decided to hide in the Hotel's music room, developing a love for New Wave, and notably he's actually quite intelligent despite being, well, an ape. Also, he hates cryptocurrency.

Sources:
Music by Devo or its members
Whip It, Freedom of Choice, Girl U Want, Jocko Homo, Through Being Cool, Watch Us Work It, The Sims 2

Music in the genre of New Wave
Rick Astley, Talking Heads, Tears for Fears, Depeche Mode, Culture Club, A-Ha, Duran Duran, The Police, The Human League, Oingo Boingo

Music associated with evolution
Changes, Earth Song, **** the Creationists, History of Everything, Dragonball Evolution, Do the Evolution, Spore

Music associated with non-human primates
Gorillaz, Dance Monkey, Super Monkey Ball, Monkey Business, Donkey Kong Country, Delist Your Ape, War of the Planet of the Apes

Yes, I'm a fan of new wave. I'll try and make a rip to put here as an example too! :D

Last edited:
Job 21:
"I hope you like it, because we are taking the ride..."
HOMER SIMPSON AND PETER GRIFFIN!
Are gonna make you laugh!

Species: Humans
Universe: Fox Animation (Part of Disney Multiverse)

Description:
Homer Simpson and Peter Griffin
are main characters of both shows called "The Simpsons" and "Family Guy". They are sometimes dimwitted Fathers, who both originate from Fox Animation series, which debuted before 2000's.
Homer Simpson is Marge's Husband and father of Lisa, Bart and Maggie. He is shown as dimwitted person, which it was shown that he became stupid after he put a Pencil in his nose when he was a kid. He really likes to drink Duff Beer and he works at Springfield Power Plant, which he controls it.
Pter Griffin is Lois' husband and Father of Chris, Stewie and Meg. Peter is shown to be also dimwitted and he likes to spend time with Cleveland, Joe and Quagmire in Drunken Clam bar.
He doesn't have any job, but he likes to say cut away gags like he always does.

Their sources:
- Sources taken from Fox Animation:
(Examples: Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, Futurama)
- Sources taken from Sitcoms:
(Examples: Friends, Seinfeld, Looney Tunes Show)
- Songs associated with Dads:
(Examples: Dad Battle - FNF)

Guests:
  • Quagmire
  • Joe
  • Lois
  • Marge
  • Jerry Seinfeld
  • Daddy Dearest
  • Stan
  • Bender

(I'll edit the Guest descriptions)
I nominate them, because they could represent Adult Animation and they are first Cartoon characters to join the Roster. Despite they are hated now, they could have some Rip potential and possible creativity. They deserve to be in the Roster, because their shows were popular and went downhill, but they still have something in common.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Resubmission from the original thread, but I can't pass up possibly my only chance at submitting them:

Ban and King (The Seven Deadly Sins)

Sources:
  • Music from The Seven Deadly Sins/Nanatsu no Tazai (Such as intros and outros)
  • Music having to do with fairies and forests
  • Music having to do with prisons and crime, with emphasis on thievery
Examples:
  • Perfect Time, Netsujou no Spectrum, Rob the Frontier
  • Lost Woods/Saria's Theme (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time), Fairly Odd Parents Intro
  • Mask DeMasque ~ Please Listen! (Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations), N64 Bowser's Castle (Has an imprisoned Thwomp), Songs from Persona 5

Guest Ideas:
MeliodasElizabethDianeElaineHawk
The Dragon Sin of Wrath and the main, demon protagonist and leader of the Seven Deadly Sins, Meliodas is a no-brainer as a guest. He could probably run his tavern, the Boar Hat, during his stay at the hotel.MASSIVE SPOILERS:
Elizabeth is Meliodas's waitress. She may appear to be 16 at first, but she's actually the 107th reincarnation of the goddess Elizabeth who was punished to be eternally reincarnated for loving the demon, Meliodas. Anyway, I think she would make since as a guest, since Meliodas is gonna be there.
Diane is the Serpent Sin of Envy and King's girlfriend, despite their species difference (King is a fairy, Diane is a giant). King eventually had to brainwash Diane after his best friend, Helbram, committed mass genocide on humans. They eventually reunited many years later when they were in the Seven Deadly Sins, but instead of having a crush on King, she had a crush on Meliodas. After King had a final confrontation with Helbram, Diane was able to regain her memories.Elaine is Ban's girlfriend and King's little sister. When King set out to find Helbram, who had been kidnapped by humans, Elaine was forced to guard the fountain of youth. Ban attempted to steal the fountain of youth, but ended up meeting Elaine, which led to them having a relationship together. After Elaine was killed by a demon, Ban drank the fountain of youth and set out to revive Elaine.As you can tell by my current pfp, I love Hawk. Hawk was one of the three major characters introduced from the very beginning, along with Meliodas and Elizabeth. Hawk has a great relationship with Ban, so I think he would make sense as a guest.

I made, get this, THREE Rave.DJ mashups, but none really contribute to the sources (Mostly meme songs). I really like them, so I'll share em here:
A mashup of Instructor Mooselini's Car Rap (PaRappa) and Regeneration
A mashup of Netsujou no Spectrum and Halland/Dalarna (Smash Remix)
A mashup of Rob the Frontier and We Are Number One

Baysha

Smash Ace
Tara the Singing Robot

Tara is the robot seen in the famous Youtube video "I Feel Fantastic." While some find her creepy, opinions on her have changed to be much more positive over the years now that her true story is more well-known. In Dimensional Junction, she brings forth songs from artificial hands. Whether that be generated completely, or just related to it. Tara doesn't want to scare you, she just wants to make you feel fantastic.

Sources:
  • Songs originally made with artificial voices
  • Songs (at least partially) made by AI
  • Songs related to robots and AI
Examples:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Job 21:
"I hope you like it, because we are taking the ride..."
HOMER SIMPSON AND PETER GRIFFIN!
Are gonna make you laugh!

Species: Humans
Universe: Fox Animation (Part of Disney Multiverse)

Description:
Homer Simpson and Peter Griffin
are main characters of both shows called "The Simpsons" and "Family Guy". They are sometimes dimwitted Fathers, who both originate from Fox Animation series, which debuted before 2000's.
Homer Simpson is Marge's Husband and father of Lisa, Bart and Maggie. He is shown as dimwitted person, which it was shown that he became stupid after he put a Pencil in his nose when he was a kid. He really likes to drink Duff Beer and he works at Springfield Power Plant, which he controls it.
Pter Griffin is Lois' husband and Father of Chris, Stewie and Meg. Peter is shown to be also dimwitted and he likes to spend time with Cleveland, Joe and Quagmire in Drunken Clam bar.
He doesn't have any job, but he likes to say cut away gags like he always does.

Their sources:
- Sources taken from Fox Animation:
(Examples: Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, Futurama)
- Sources taken from Sitcoms:
(Examples: Friends, Seinfeld, Looney Tunes Show)
- Songs associated with Dads:
(Examples: Dad Battle - FNF)

Guests:

• Quagmire
  • Joe
  • Lois
  • Marge
  • Jerry Seinfeld
  • Daddy Dearest
  • Stan
  • Bender

(I'll edit the Guest descriptions)
I nominate them, because they could represent Adult Animation and they are first Cartoon characters to join the Roster. Despite they are hated now, they could have some Rip potential and possible creativity. They deserve to be in the Roster, because their shows were popular and went downhill, but they still have something in common.
This is a good submission, but would it be okay if the Sitcoms source gets changed to Adult Animation? I feel like Homer and Peter are better known for that. (It's okay if you say no)

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Something that just occurred to me is how incredibly broken the "SEGA arcade games" source for Hornet actually could be. I've been doing a little research on a lot of the sources we have as of right now, and aside from fairly well-known odder picks such as the Initial D Arcade Stage series, it also gets:
  • Blazblue: Cross Tag Battle, which despite not being made by SEGA, the arcade version does run on SEGA architecture. (Turns out, SEGA is still making hardware to this day! The board used for BCTB is ALLS, which is also used for...)
  • Luigi's Mansion: ARCADE. A truly bizarre title in context, it's a rail shooter developed by Capcom, but running on ALLS, it's technically elegible for the source. A weird pick when you consider Luigi's a Nintendo property, but hey!
  • Lupin the Third: The Typing. The fact that this exists feels like it's fulfiling some sort of universal constant and yet feels so bizarre in itself, and it shares the same bizarre control scheme with The Typing of the Dead.
  • CHUNITHM. Another Capcom title devised for SEGA architecture, this is an interesting one because it lets us see a little insight into something terrifying - rhythm games. Even aside from all of the Hatsune Miku cabinets that exist (giving a huge discography to the car in the process,) CHUNITHM is also a part of that.
There's others too, and this isn't a criticism! Rather, I think it's interesting to take a deeper look at some pulls that certain characters can get.

(FOR EXAMPLE, WE WERE ROBBED OF A DUAL RIP BETWEEN JACK BROS. AND MISSINGNO. WITH THIS AS A SHARED SOURCE.)

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
On the point of "finding interesting or unusual sources associated with characters," Chris Pratt has a surprising lineup mostly due to his filmography. Allow me to elaborate:
  • Ben 10: Ultimate Alien. So, turns out that Chris Pratt voiced a character called Cooper Daniels in UA for two episodes, which technically makes him the Ben 10 rep! A weirder role that I wasn't aware of until I did a little research, but one nonetheless!
  • Movie 43. If you forgot this movie existed, that's probably a good thing. (For context, it's the film where Hugh Jackman had, shall we say, genetalia on his chin.) This brings in a surprising rip I suppose, but one that's not likely to be used all too much.
  • Garfield. Garfield is interesting in that, as of writing, it's not been released yet... but Garfield as an IP is shockingly large. Keep your eyes peeled for a Garfield Kart x Caught in the Act rip!
  • Saturday Night Live. Also, he apparently hosted an episode of SNL alongside Ariana Grande, which brings a lot of interesting ideas to the table. For instance, with each episode usually having a musical performance... all of them are technically in Chris's sourcelist, which brings some unusual rips from a variety of really unusual sources as diverse as ABBA, Justin Timberlake, and 50 Cent. In fact, it could be argued that this alone is one of his biggest rips!
Once again, this isn't to attack anyone! It's just for funsies - it's always interesting to see what rips characters could have!

On the point of "finding interesting or unusual sources associated with characters," Chris Pratt has a surprising lineup mostly due to his filmography. Allow me to elaborate:
  • Ben 10: Ultimate Alien. So, turns out that Chris Pratt voiced a character called Cooper Daniels in UA for two episodes, which technically makes him the Ben 10 rep! A weirder role that I wasn't aware of until I did a little research, but one nonetheless!
  • Movie 43. If you forgot this movie existed, that's probably a good thing. (For context, it's the film where Hugh Jackman had, shall we say, genetalia on his chin.) This brings in a surprising rip I suppose, but one that's not likely to be used all too much.
  • Garfield. Garfield is interesting in that, as of writing, it's not been released yet... but Garfield as an IP is shockingly large. Keep your eyes peeled for a Garfield Kart x Caught in the Act rip!
  • Saturday Night Live. Also, he apparently hosted an episode of SNL alongside Ariana Grande, which brings a lot of interesting ideas to the table. For instance, with each episode usually having a musical performance... all of them are technically in Chris's sourcelist, which brings some unusual rips from a variety of really unusual sources as diverse as ABBA, Justin Timberlake, and 50 Cent. In fact, it could be argued that this alone is one of his biggest rips!
Once again, this isn't to attack anyone! It's just for funsies - it's always interesting to see what rips characters could have!
Well, those Rips deconfirmed Ben 10, Garfield and others, who were having chance to appear.

that link leads to the green greens brawl mashup, just fyi
Sorry for mistake.
I will repair it soon.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Feel free to bleed out your ears to this SNK Heroines VS Chris Pratt mashup I made
Athena Fell In The Pit

Also just felt like bringing up an older topic again...do we wanna replace Lofi Girl or not? I personally just keep feeling like we shouldn't use any characters who are already in another tournament...and I do have an idea for a character who could replace her while still keeping 90% of her sources.

Feel free to bleed out your ears to this SNK Heroines VS Chris Pratt mashup I made
Athena Fell In The Pit

Also just felt like bringing up an older topic again...do we wanna replace Lofi Girl or not? I personally just keep feeling like we shouldn't use any characters who are already in another tournament...and I do have an idea for a character who could replace her while still keeping 90% of her sources.
Torgo, Dan Quixote said that he had her before that Tournmaent existed and he stated that he won't replace her.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Torgo, Dan Quixote said that he had her before that Tournmaent existed and he stated that he won't replace her.
But then again, this tournament is after that tournament.
I’m in favor of replacing Lofi Girl, since not only does she appear in mashup week, but she also appears in Ultimus.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Athena Fell In The Pit

Personally, I'd be in favour of it. Aside fro mthe fact that she's in Ultimus and Mashup Week, you have me intrigued as to who your replacement is! :D

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
I didn't say I won't replace her, but rather I didn't see a big need to. And Ultimus? I kinda assumed Mashup Week was the only major KFAD 2 followup so what's that?

also this

Job #21: Mushroom Kingdom F.C.

1642880628943.png
1642880664210.png

It looks like the Mushroom Kingdom was in the midst of a pretty gritty soccer tournament at the time of King Stingy's interference with the multiverse! In the crossfire, Princess Daisy and Luigi were taken to the hotel, still in their jerseys and cleats. Considering they're in their designs from a cult classic game, they're staying in those sporty clothes and retaining their more aggressive, competitive personalities displayed in Super Mario Strikers. Don't get in their way, or else a face full of stitched polyester will be delivered soon!

Sources
  • Rips featuring songs from sports games
  • Rips featuring jock jams or songs that are considered sports anthems
  • Rips featuring songs from Mario spin-off titles
Examples
  • Songs from the soundtracks of Rocket League, Wii Sports, NBA Jam, Mario Tennis, Inazuma Eleven, Punch-Out!!
  • Songs featured on FIFA, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Madden NFL, MLB The Show, NBA 2K, WWE 2K
  • "Whoomp! (There It Is)", "Sweet Caroline", "Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)", "Y.M.C.A.", "Seven Nation Army", "We Will Rock You", "Eye of the Tiger"
  • Songs from Paper Mario, Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Party

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
This might seem like a random question, but does Stingy himself need a sourcelist? I ask because various "bonus" characters in KFAD for instance got their own rips (Mr. Bean, UH2 and the Self Indulgient Teams spring to mind.) I have a suggestion if y'all wanted one!

King Stingy:
- Rips originating from Nickelodeon properties, inculuding Nick Jr, or on Cbeebies.
  • Rips associated with greed or collecting.
  • Rips associated with laziness.

I'd like to note that the first source is due to LazyTown originally being aired on Nickelodeon in the US, and on Cbeebies (essentially a channel by the BBC intended for young children,) in the UK. Whilst only giving him LazyTown could work in theory, I think this would be a more solid sourcelist for him, though with a focus on LazyTown as part of it.

I'd also like to note that I did consider Rips associated with puppets and Rips from Icelandic media as sources, but the former is a source that belongs to POTTERQUEST, and the latter is slightly redundant.

Actually, this brings up another point. Aside from the bosses and the Hosts, should we have any other bonus characters? KFAD2, for example, saw Meowth, Mr. Bean and UH2 amongst others getting rips, as well as other characters like Neil Cicierega and the Doki Doki Duo who didn't get rips, but still featured in media such as MOJO!! posts. Each of them wouldn't be in the role of a fighter or something, but rather would have their own unique roles (Meowth, for example, was a reporter who handled interviews, and the Doki Doki Duo were janitors.) Just an idea though! (I'd also like to stress that bonus characters don't need to have rips - Neil, after all, never got one back in KFAD2 - but maybe a rip or two like Mr. Bean got might be nice to see, aside from the main bracket.)

Top Bottom