• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: SilvaGunner: King For A Day Round 3! [REBOOT]

Should modified KFAD contestands be allowed?

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Nah, man

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
I'd say King Stingy's sourcelist would just be the original tracks made for the tournament like the crown in KFAD 2, but King Stingy is an actual character so I have no objections to giving him a specific sourcelist.

I was actually thinking the other day of a music tourney character that's either just MrBeast or like a duo of him and Scrooge McDuck. Either way, rich folks with songs about money. I think now that you bring up extra bonus characters, they would fit well as a monerary sponsor of the tournament. Even if it's not that character specifically, a bonus character who's a mysterious sponsor would be neat imo.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I didn't say I won't replace her, but rather I didn't see a big need to. And Ultimus? I kinda assumed Mashup Week was the only major KFAD 2 followup so what's that?
Also, on this... there's a lot of fanKFADs. Like, a lot. I can link some of them if you like!

Mashup Week Classic was running at around the same time as KFAD2, and was somewhat based on both that and the original KFAD, making it one of the earlier fan KFADs. It's notable for really running with the boss formula, many of which have since been made into playable characters in the sequel. Various fan tourney memes, such as the tendency for tourneys to sample JonTron's "WHAT?" sound effect and the overuse of Neil reps as a whole (which itself lead to the tourney Neil for a Day), were introduced here.
Mashup Week Megamix is the sequel to Mashup Week, with a doubled roster up to 32 characters. Many of them, as with KFAD, have been edited somewhat - a notable example being how Flat Eric teamed up with Gigi and Scoops, the latter of whom were originally a boss pairing in the original Mashup Week.
PRIZM is an unusual tournament in that each character is based on one of 16 individual colours, and due to the unique nature of this tournament's design, there are several fan variations of this (most notably PRIZM128, a tourney with no less than 128 individual contestants.)
Ultimus Tourney is another notable tournament, which is interesting in that it had Lo-Fi Girl as a contestant. Overall, it's quite safe, but still a high-quality tournament that, interestingly, introduced the concept of white noise being a villainous entity within tourneys.
Live for Another Day 2 is a tournament loosely based on Danganrompa, in which characters who are knocked out of the bracket are brutally killed. It's run with Monokuma as a host, too. It's somewhat unique in that it's one of the only popular tourneys to have its basis in a specific pre-established IP.
RAVE Week is a tourney that originated with the unique spin in that it only used rave.dj mashups in place of anything made by other people. The reasoning was mainly due to the number of low quality rave.dj mashups that were being sent as actual submissions to tourneys, which in some cases made certain mashup artists in the community incredibly mad in itself. It's not actually used rave.dj in some time, as they decided to drop that aspect of it, but it's still an interesting part of tourney history.
Bootleg King for Another Day 2 is interesting in that it's had a lot of negative reception from people on behalf of SiivaGunner (mostly due to the naming scheme, as it's not actually associated with them.) Even so, it's still high-quality.
Crown Crash: Double Dash!! is notable in that every character in the tourney is paired up with someone, hence "Double Dash!!" being in the name. There's some interesting pairings here!
[filthyfred] Key of Fate Tournament, a tournament I've actually been involved with (to a limited extent at least.) It's a hella sweet tourney loosely based on Super Smash Bros. Melee that you should check out!!

There's many, many more. These are just a few I can remember off the top of my head!

I'd say King Stingy's sourcelist would just be the original tracks made for the tournament like the crown in KFAD 2, but King Stingy is an actual character so I have no objections to giving him a specific sourcelist.

I was actually thinking the other day of a music tourney character that's either just MrBeast or like a duo of him and Scrooge McDuck. Either way, rich folks with songs about money. I think now that you bring up extra bonus characters, they would fit well as a monerary sponsor of the tournament. Even if it's not that character specifically, a bonus character who's a mysterious sponsor would be neat imo.
Oooh, that sounds like it could be a cool idea! A mysterious sponsor sounds like a lot of fun... perhaps the secrecy of the Dimensional Tourney goes deeper than we ever anticipated...

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Ohhh I think I see why I haven't heard of all these other tournaments before. They're all on SoundCloud. I know that mashups on that site are how high quality rips started in the first place but I've always found it kind of a pain to use so I never listened to a lot of things on there. Only reason I joined the MW fanbase is cuz it was talked about in the SiIvaGunner Discord server a lot during KFAD 2. Still there seems to be a lot of interesting ones running there so many I should give it a shot.

Ohhh I think I see why I haven't heard of all these other tournaments before. They're all on SoundCloud. I know that mashups on that site are how high quality rips started in the first place but I've always found it kind of a pain to use so I never listened to a lot of things on there. Only reason I joined the MW fanbase is cuz it was talked about in the SiIvaGunner Discord server a lot during KFAD 2. Still there seems to be a lot of interesting ones running there so many I should give it a shot.
Yup, they are good.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
I'll be honest - I'm in the same boat. Even now, I'm still discovering a lot of them (which has lead to issues in the past, such as that one time when I submitted a rip that, by chance, was almost identical to another one in a tourney I'd never even heard of!) I bring this up because whilst having carbon copies of characters isn't ideal, in some cases it's difficult to avoid, so I don't want everyone panicking in case characters are similar to Gazza's Garage Greats on SoundCloud with three followers or something. (I don't think that's an actual tourney.)

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Alright, I'm closing voting here.

Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear Caddy Christ (Caddicarus as Jesus Christ) (Uses rips related to gaming YouTubers, rips associated with franchises Caddicarus is known for playing/reviewing/hating, rips from ant PS1 game, and rips associated with Christianity)
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 DEVOlution (A monkey dressed as a member of DEVO) (Uses rips by DEVO and its members, rips in the New Wave genre, rips associated with evolution, and rips associated with non-human primates)
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Homer Simpson & Peter Griffin (Uses rips from FOX animation, rips associated with adult animation, and rips associated with dads)
Yiptap Yiptap Ban & King (Uses rips from The Seven Deadly Sins/Nanatsu No Tazai, rips associated with fairies and forests, and rips associated with prisons and crime, with an emphasis an thievery)
Baysha Baysha Tara the Singing Robot (Uses rips from songs originally made with AI voices, rips at least partially made with AI, and rips associated with robots and AI)
Dan Quixote Dan Quixote Mushroom Kingdom F.C. (Luigi and Daisy in their Striker outfits) (Uses rips from sports games, rips associated with sports in any way, or rips from Mario Spinoff titles)

Vote for your top three!
1. Homer Simpson & Peter Griffin
2. Bam & King
3. Mushroom Kingdom F.C.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
1. DEVOlution (New wave is an extremely good source, I had a potential contender in mind who also had that source so good to know we have someone else repping for it cause there's seriously some excellent stuff there)
2. Tara (robot-themed rips may actually be a really good source)
3. Caddy Christ (we need to spread the word of The Lord)

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
the country where the pretty girls are from
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
My votes:
1. Homer & Peter (I will make a Bob's Burgers rip dammit, plus I just realized the Adult Animation source means I can make Helluva Boss rips too)
3. DEVOlution (This is a really fun idea, and I love the choice of music)
3. Caddy Christ (Vote for him or Spons will eat you)
Honorable mention to Mushroom Kingdom F.C., I really like the idea.

Also, on this... there's a lot of fanKFADs. Like, a lot. I can link some of them if you like!

Mashup Week Classic was running at around the same time as KFAD2, and was somewhat based on both that and the original KFAD, making it one of the earlier fan KFADs. It's notable for really running with the boss formula, many of which have since been made into playable characters in the sequel. Various fan tourney memes, such as the tendency for tourneys to sample JonTron's "WHAT?" sound effect and the overuse of Neil reps as a whole (which itself lead to the tourney Neil for a Day), were introduced here.
Mashup Week Megamix is the sequel to Mashup Week, with a doubled roster up to 32 characters. Many of them, as with KFAD, have been edited somewhat - a notable example being how Flat Eric teamed up with Gigi and Scoops, the latter of whom were originally a boss pairing in the original Mashup Week.
PRIZM is an unusual tournament in that each character is based on one of 16 individual colours, and due to the unique nature of this tournament's design, there are several fan variations of this (most notably PRIZM128, a tourney with no less than 128 individual contestants.)
Ultimus Tourney is another notable tournament, which is interesting in that it had Lo-Fi Girl as a contestant. Overall, it's quite safe, but still a high-quality tournament that, interestingly, introduced the concept of white noise being a villainous entity within tourneys.
Live for Another Day 2 is a tournament loosely based on Danganrompa, in which characters who are knocked out of the bracket are brutally killed. It's run with Monokuma as a host, too. It's somewhat unique in that it's one of the only popular tourneys to have its basis in a specific pre-established IP.
RAVE Week is a tourney that originated with the unique spin in that it only used rave.dj mashups in place of anything made by other people. The reasoning was mainly due to the number of low quality rave.dj mashups that were being sent as actual submissions to tourneys, which in some cases made certain mashup artists in the community incredibly mad in itself. It's not actually used rave.dj in some time, as they decided to drop that aspect of it, but it's still an interesting part of tourney history.
Bootleg King for Another Day 2 is interesting in that it's had a lot of negative reception from people on behalf of SiivaGunner (mostly due to the naming scheme, as it's not actually associated with them.) Even so, it's still high-quality.
Crown Crash: Double Dash!! is notable in that every character in the tourney is paired up with someone, hence "Double Dash!!" being in the name. There's some interesting pairings here!
[filthyfred] Key of Fate Tournament, a tournament I've actually been involved with (to a limited extent at least.) It's a hella sweet tourney loosely based on Super Smash Bros. Melee that you should check out!!
Piggybacking on this, here are a few tourneys I found on Youtube.

INFECTIOUS is a tournament with a darker storyline, focusing on a scientist drawing in characters from other dimensions to combat an apocalyptic zombie threat. It has some really cool characters so far like Unus Annus and the Spiderverse Trio!

Enter: The Game has some amazing character choices like Panty, Stocking, and Dante as a team, Susie and Lancer teamed up with Billie Eilish, or the Angry Birds Space version of Chuck.

Memoir Recall currently only has four characters so far and not much lore (if any), but the choices are already great, featuring such characters as Grillby and a Kingdom Hearts version of Peter Griffin.

and now finally just in case anyone's curious here's the idea I had for who could replace Lofi Girl
Sleep Kirby
1642891150587.png

"Zzzzz...wake me up...when the...tourney's over..."

It looks like Kirby won't be waking up anytime soon. He's gonna sleepwalk his way through the whole tournament! And if you hang around him for too long, his music choices might make you want to join him...but, ya know, happily and willingly, not because you're bored or anything.

Sources:
Rips featuring music from HAL Laboratories games. This not only includes the Kirby franchise, but also stuff like BOXBOY and Part-Time UFO.

Rips related to sleeping. This could include songs about sleep, lullabies, or even songs about dreams.

Rips in any kind of chill, relaxing, or otherwise calming genre. This can include lofi, vaporwave, and the like.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Alright, I'm closing voting here.

Vote for your top three!
Well, here's my top three.

1. Tara. I think that when you stop to consider how many robot-related bangers there are, it really puts things into perspective here. For instance - she gets anything from the Bomberman or Mega Man series, anything by Daft Punk, various tracks from things like Portal, Terminator and hell, even some of the best music from the original Undertale - that is, anything related to Mettaton. I also like the idea of her redemption - though I would love to have seen a variation of "youtube horror/args" as a source (Local58, for instance, is a banger source to have access to,) her sources as of right now are pretty based too, and work for where you're taking her character pretty well!

2. DEVOlution. Self-vote, but I do this because of the sheer potential of New Wave. When you consider that source alone, you could easily have a banger "takeover day" similar to DJ Professor K's, given how much unique stuff comes under the genre - and to be completely honest, I'm surprised we didn't see a rep for the genre in KFAD2. Aside from that, DK proved how good a monkey source can be, and there's a surprising amount of rips that DEVO themselves get access to - a weird example being The Sims 2. Also... mmm, monke.

3. Caddy Christ. When you consider that Scott the Woz won the original Mashup Week, you might be beginning to see why this is on my list. "Gaming YouTubers" is a surprisingly vast source depending on how you want to take it - plus, the idea that the only way he was able to walk on water was because he was in a "Bouns Round" is pretty funny too. Turns out religion is a pretty based source as well, by the way! The concept of him getting a One Winged Angel rip as he clambers out of a skip screaming seems like a fun concept.

I'd also like to give a shoutout to Mushroom Kingdom F.C., given the sheer amount of banger rips that they have access to. Given that their sourcelist includes "sports," that makes them the Jet Set Radio rep and the Space Jam rep. (Oh, and a ton of epic stuff like Lethal League Blaze and Wii Sports and hell, even songs from Wii Fit or Ring Fit Adventure, technically count!) The only reason I'm not putting them on here is because I feel like the other ones ever so slightly edge them out, but if things had gone differently, they'd absolutely have made the list.

Last edited:

Baysha

Smash Ace
1. Mushroom Kingdom F.C.
2. Tara
3. DEVOlution

I also like the idea of her redemption - though I would love to have seen a variation of "youtube horror/args" as a source (Local58, for instance, is a banger source to have access to,) her sources as of right now are pretty based too, and work for where you're taking her character pretty well!
I did think of that, but she wasn't created to be scary and I feel like Youtube horror could count as it's own character without needing robots as a source.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
I did think of that, but she wasn't created to be scary and I feel like YouTube horror could count as it's own character without needing robots as a source.
Ah, that makes sense! I would like to stress, I love her sources as is! That was just my thinking, but I think you're on the right track with this :D

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
I mean I'd at least like to hear what Baysha's idea is first before voting in a poll lol

1. DEVOlution (New wave as a source oh my goodness, and just the sheer creativity of the character idea itself!)
2. Mushroom Kingdom F.C. (Jock jams are the best music, for the record.)
3. Caddy Christ (I'm Catholic, so am I obligated to vote for this? Or is it blasphemy for me to vote for this?)

Yiptap

Smash Lord

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Newcomer Prompt: Submit an "unusual team" character. The roster slot should consist of two or more characters who may seem different (and should ideally originate from different source material,) but could bring similar or otherwise well-working sources to the table in terms of their nature as a pairing, and have some form of connection that doesn't make the pairing feel... bizarre. Examples of this include:

• KFAD2's Jack and Elmo
  • Mashup Week Megamix's Club Bangers
  • Ultimus Tourney's Windows Warriors
  • Key of Fate's Metal Overload
  • Crown Crash: Double Dash!!'s... well, everyone, but I'll namedrop the Draw-pellgangers

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Job #22: Submit a child

Other than Fantano as a boss, we haven't had a normal human character in a while. Let's bring that back! Except it'll have to be a character who is under the age of 18. Could be a real person who is currently older as long as it's their child phase being represented.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Job #22: Submit a child

Other than Fantano as a boss, we haven't had a normal human character in a while. Let's bring that back! Except it'll have to be a character who is under the age of 18. Could be a real person who is currently older as long as it's their child phase being represented.
Question: Does it have to be human?

Baysha

Smash Ace
Prompt: Submit a character that speaks a non-English language

I feel characters like Pitbull, Daft Punk, and Nico Nico brought a lot to the table. So let's get some of those in here

As for my KFAD-inspired character idea... After the first KFAD, the biggest loser underwent a transformation. His flesh turned to metal. Now what happens to the biggest loser of the second?
FleshHobart.png

Flesh HOBaRT (Image drawn by me)

Sources:
  • HOBaRT's original source list
  • Rips related to flesh or meat
  • Rips related to mad science
Examples
  • I-It's just the original
  • Gooseworx - Waltz of the Meatball Man
  • Oingo Boingo - Weird Science

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion

I feel characters like Pitbull, Daft Punk, and Nico Nico brought a lot to the table. So let's get some of those in here

As for my KFAD-inspired character idea... After the first KFAD, the biggest loser underwent a transformation. His flesh turned to metal. Now what happens to the biggest loser of the second?
View attachment 343499

Sources:
Examples
I CANNOT PUT INTO WORDS HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS
It makes such a nice change to HOBaRT2, a common suggestion, and this horrific amalgamation seems incredibly fun to work with :0

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord

View attachment 343499

Sources:
Examples
You know what, I'll allow this if you wish to submit it. I actually really like it!

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
View attachment 343499

Sources:
Examples
[/QUOTE]
oh god this is like an scp
i hate it so much
i will vote for it

Baysha

Smash Ace
Only tangentially related, but is there a name for these types of tournaments other than "Thing like King For Another Day"? Cause that's kinda clunky.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Only tangentially related, but is there a name for these types of tournaments other than "Thing like King For Another Day"? Cause that's kinda clunky.
They're often simply referred to as "tourneys" by much of the community, but externally they're usually "mashup tourneys" or, as you suggested, "thing like KFAD". There's not really an official term for it though, most of them are just colloquial.

I'd like to note that I don't personally use "fanFAD" or something of the like - it doesn't really make sense given the acronym and implied meaning, and KFan will make people think of King For A Neil

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
I always just called them music tournaments and usually context does the rest.

Baysha Baysha that idea is damn beautiful but I must ask, how did he get from that tournament over to this one in that case, lore-wise?

Question: Does it have to be human?
Nah but then they should be before the age of maturity for their species.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Sorry for the holdup everyone! I had some irl things to do today, so I forgot about this thread for a bit. Anyway, I'm going to set up voting...

Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds A character who debuted in the 2000s decade
Yiptap Yiptap A TV character
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 An unusual team
Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear A real artist or music group
Dan Quixote Dan Quixote A child
Baysha Baysha A character that speaks a non-english language
Vote for your top three!
1. Unusual Team
2. Child
3. TV
Honorable mention to non-english, but to be honest, no ideas are really coming to me. Pitbull and Aliens were still great, though.

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Also, regarding modified KFAD contestants, I think they would be better fit as bosses. How would you guys like if I set one of the 3 remaining boss prompts to be a modified KFAD contestant?

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Also, regarding modified KFAD contestants, I think they would be better fit as bosses. How would you guys like if I set one of the 3 remaining boss prompts to be a modified KFAD contestant?
I'd totally be down for that! Fleshy HOBaRT sure feels like a boss to me...

anyways the votes are
1. Unusual Team
2. TV
3. Non-English

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Sorry for the holdup everyone! I had some irl things to do today, so I forgot about this thread for a bit. Anyway, I'm going to set up voting...

Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds A character who debuted in the 2000s decade
Yiptap Yiptap A TV character
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 An unusual team
Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear A real artist or music group
Dan Quixote Dan Quixote A child
Baysha Baysha A character that speaks a non-english language
Vote for your top three!
1. A real artist or music group.
2. An unusual teamup.
3. A non-English-speaking character.

I think it'd be a really interesting prompt to see how time in the Void had changed them (like with Flesh HOBaRT.) I can imagine some of the eldritch abominations we could see here are incredibly exciting!

Top Bottom