• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Shonen Jump Vs. Capcom: Tankobon Throwdown

Should Jotaro’s classic fighting game stand mechanic return in Shonen Jump vs. Capcom?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Jump:

1. Kurama
2. Killua
3. Yugi

Capcom:

1. Asura
2. Zero
3. Hsien Ko

Lots of good submissions this time. It was kinda hard to decide who to vote for aside from my two submissions that I'm dead set on getting into this game. Honorable mention goes to Zoro who I would've probably voted for if not for Usopp, I think another One Piece character is definitely warranted and I like Zoro a lot but I kinda think the next OP rep shouldn't be a straw hat

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Gintoki
2. Yugi
3. Medaka

1. Juri
2. Asura
3. Lynne & Sissel

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Alright, here are the results of all our voting:

Senku 1
Saitama 2
Killua
Zoro 0
Medaka 4
Piccolo 0
Gaara 2
Kenshin 4
Donquixote Doflamingo 0
Gintoki 8
Yugi 7
Uravity 0
Kurama 5
Sasuke 1
Frieza 4
Bobobo etc 3

Regina 2
M. Bison 1
Vergil 3
Monster Hunter 2
Zero 5
Athena Cykes 0
Juri 9
Hsien-Ko 2
Ratha & Rider 0
Asura 9
Menat 0
Ada Wong 0
Lynne & Sissel 3
Sigma 7
Alastor 0

(I’ll probably give us the option to vote for the top 4 in jobs as big as this in the future lol) And so the characters we’re adding are:
Gintoki, Yugi, Kurama, Asura and Juri!

Now onto the next job:
Job #26: Submit A Stage For A Capcom Series Without Any
Submit a stage from a capcom series that doesn’t have any yet. Please submit a location, exactly where people would fight, and any locations. Here are the series you can submit stages for:
Ace Attorney
Strider
Captain Commando
Rival Schools
Viewtiful Joe
Asura’s Wrath

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’ll submit St. Petersburg from Strider
I
You play in the area of the first boss from strider. The boss will fly around but it won’t do anything.

strider hiryu is pretty much a mainstay of the vs series hand so I wanna finally give him an actual stage lol.

Also I’m gonna open back up alternate costume submissions. This time you can submit four at a time though. Remember they can’t change voices and each character can have up to two costumes. If you have any questions about it feel free to ask me.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Alright so, about music:
I've just went ahead and made the kinnikuman opening his theme since there wasn't any other ideas. As for the new characters, I think i'll make this kurama's theme, this asuras theme, and this juri's theme. If you have any ideas you think should be used instead then please suggest them.

I also don't really know anything about gintama or yugioh so if you have any ideas for gintoki or yugi's theme please suggest them as well.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the Job #26 voting:
St. Petersburg 2
Taiyo High 9
Metro City 4

And so Taiyo High and Metro City will be selected as stages. Now onto the next job:

Job #27: Submit A Capcom Series To Get A Character
Hope you aren’t sick of adding characters! For this one though I’d like you to start by submitting a capcom series, it can be one represented in this thread or not, to get a character (or another character). Please submit the series, explain what it is, and potential candidates for a playable character.

Job 27:
Dino Crisis

Dino Crisis is Survival Horror game with elements of Action-Adventure game stuff. It's about Regina, who tries to Survive from Dinos, who broke out from Habitats and they want to Kill the Characters, especially Regina and Doctor.

Regina should be in the Game due to fact that we need a Character, who would use Btutal Dinos as her Moveset to fight in the Game, perhaps she could be like Jill Valentine, who I from Horror Game, but Regina has something with Dinosaurs and that would be cool in the Game.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Job #27:
1636060801236.png

GTPD is the one-off DS game that follows Sissel, an amnesiac ghost trying to find out the cause of his death which quickly escalates to madness as he partners with young detective Lynne trying to prove her hero's (Detective Jowd) innocence.

GTPD admittedly doesn't have much going for it, but it's a cult classic with interesting ideas to it so it so I think that should be celebrated.

Unfortunately Sissel can't fight directly with a health bar, he's a ghost, but I think Lynne being the main fighter you control with Sissel helping out would be a really interesting fighter. I have a lot of ideas but to try summing it up, imagine Pheonix Wright's gameplay from MvC3 with a slight mixture of having a Stand, something like that is what I imagine for Lynne and Sissel.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Alright, new rule about alternate costumes: from now on you can submit alternate costumes again whenever 24 hours have passed after you submit costumes.

For example if I submit two costumes in one day, I'll have to wait 24 hours to submit costumes again. You can submit up to four at a time, just like last time.

Anyways I will submit Darkstalkers:
See the source image

Darkstalkers pretty much always gets at least two characters in mvc games and so I think we should do it here. It's a really iconic series and has a great collection of characters. We could pick someone like Felcia or Hsien-Ko who have been in these game before or someone like Victor, Jon Talbain or Demitri who are really important to the series and haven't really been in crossovers like this yet. We could also submit someone completely wacky like Q-Bee or Sasquatch. Really good selection of characters here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Breath of Fire

A long running JRPG series, a genre that doesn't often get represented in the VS games. There are series protagonists Ryu (no not that one) and Nina, other options including Katt, Deis, Fou-Lou, Rei and Garr, among others.

I think it would be cool to add a seires that has never been in a VS games (though Nina was nearly in MVC3) and this one has a wide variety of crazy characters to choose from.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 27

Final Fight

an iconic beat 'em up series by capcom featuring many characters like Guy, Cody, Mike Haggar and Poison to name a few it would be a great addition that would fit like a glove

Costumes

Tanjiro (Original Outfit)

Chopper Hat Gintoki

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Job 27: Mega Man
1636103305422.png

Mega Man is one of Capcom's flagship series, and while it already has representation in the form of X, I feel it has a good amount of other potential fighters that could make for great fighters like Zero, Sigma, Tron Bonne, or even characters who have never been in a vs game like Bass or Proto Man.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
1. Breath of Fire
I've never played it, but I know we've never had a character from that series in a vs game, which is surprising as it's one of the more niche Capcom properties that I have actually heard of.
2. Darkstalkers
Haven't played it either but the character designs are top notch

Sorry Zero, you'll get your chance another day

Edit: I just noticed Frank West is still missing from numbered list on the main page

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Edit: I just noticed Frank West is still missing from numbered list on the main page
Thanks, I’ve fixed it.

Anyways here are all the results of the Job #27 voting:
Dino Crisis 4
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective 0
Darkstalkers 9
Breath of Fire 15
Final Fight 0
Mega Man 4

And so we will add a rep from Breath of Fire and a second character for Darkstalkers. Well, let’s do the job right now:

Job #28: Submit A Darkstalkers or Breath of Fire Character
For this one I’d like you to submit a potential character from darkstalkers or breath of fire to be added. Please submit the character, explain who they are, and why they should be in this game. You can submit two characters (one for each series), or just one for one series.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Job 28

Lord Raptor (Darkstalkers)
1636139909667.png

Note: I have never played Darkstalkers, so I'm basically just writing what the Wikipedia page has to say on him with my own words

Lord Raptor is an undead rock guitarist who killed himself and hundreds of his fans in a live performance, and was resurrected as a Zombie by emperor Ozomu,
He's a very silly and over the top character who would fit right in a One Piece arc, and he's never been in a vs. game before, so I think we could really benefit from including him.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Job #28: Felicia (Darkstalkers)
Felicia in a white dress made in MS Paint because I don't want to be banned

Felicia is the catwoman from Darkstalkers known for being energetic and optimistic, and is often seen as the second face of the franchise behind Morrigan.

She'd be a great addition because she's a well loved character and I think she'd have fun with the Shonen Jump cast. Also Catgirls are an extremely popular idea in Japan, so when crossing over with Anime it just makes sense to add a Catgirl.

Last edited:
Job 28:
Ryu (Breath of Fire)

Ryu is main Character of Breath of Fire Series, which is RPG game. (I dont know about the Series tho).
Ryu is a Fighter, who fights the evil in His series by using his power of Shapeshift, which he can turn into Dragon to fight evil.

He could have moveset potential based on Breath of Fire Games like Turning into Dragon and Breath Flames at opponents, which it makes them Toasty!

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Thanks, I’ve fixed it.

Anyways here are all the results of the Job #27 voting:
Dino Crisis 4
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective 0
Darkstalkers 9
Breath of Fire 15
Final Fight 0
Mega Man 4

And so we will add a rep from Breath of Fire and a second character for Darkstalkers. Well, let’s do the job right now:

Job #28: Submit A Darkstalkers or Breath of Fire
For this one I’d like you to submit a potential character from darkstalkers or breath of fire to be added. Please submit the character, explain who they are, and why they should be in this game. You can submit two characters (one for each series), or just one for one series.
Character Name: Jon Talbain
Character Origin: Darkstalkers
1636142556376.png

Jon Talbain is a werewolf that trains in martial arts, in order to prevent himself from going feral and killing people. As much as this screams anime already, I think the idea of Talbain being a clever mix between a violent rushdown fighter and a patient striker works well - having to use logic to step back, but going in for the kill when you get the option to - much like his appearance in the source material, as well as his own character.

Top Bottom