• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Shonen Jump Vs. Capcom: Tankobon Throwdown

Should Jotaro’s classic fighting game stand mechanic return in Shonen Jump vs. Capcom?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member

Resubmitting Nina.

Nina (Breath of Fire)

One of the two main characters from the jrpg series Breath of Fire, with a version of her appearing as a playable character in every game in the seires. She is a fae princess from Windia. She is a magic user, and her wings would give her an interesting play style.

Nina would represent a popular and underutilized series that has yet to appear in a VS game.

Baby Bonnie Hood

A bounty hunter who kills Darkstalkers for money. BB is basically a twisted version of Little Red Riding Hood, who happens to use a load of heavy weapons. She stands out among the darkstalkers cast due to being the only non magical playable character. Her cutesy appearance hides a deadly killer.

Last edited by a moderator:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 28

Hsien-ko

A Popular character in Darkstalkers

Hsien-ko is a Jiangshi which means "Hopping Vampire" as a result she has good kicking abilities but mainly she has her giant claws which not only act as claws that can grab opponents but can also be thrown out and used as a chainsaw

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Jon Talbain
2. Felicia
3. B.B. Hood

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the Job #28 voting:
Lord Raptor 13
Felicia 3
Jon Talbain 12
Baby Bonnie Hood 14
Hsien-Ko 6

And so Baby Bonnie Hood will be added to the roster! Also Nina will be added as well! Now onto the next job where we’ll pretty much do the same as this, only with shonen jump:

Job #29: Submit A Shonen Jump Series To Get A Rep
Please submit a shonen jump series you think should get a character in this game or another character, if it’s already represented. Please submit the series, explain what it is and what it’s about, and why it should be in this thread, or get a second rep in this thread and explain some possible candidates

Job #29:
One Punch Man

One Punch man is Anime/Manga/Webcomic series, where it shows Saitama's Life, where he was bored, because he was too strong and he always found weaker opponents. He got is strength, because he trained his strength for 1 year and he got Superhuman Strengh as his Weapon!

Saitama could be good pick, since he coukd be nerfed Down and it won't betray his Series. Saitama doesn't need Projectiles, since he could fight you in Close Combat.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Here are the results of the Job #28 voting:
Lord Raptor 13
Felicia 3
Jon Talbain 12
Baby Bonnie Hood 14
Hsien-Ko 6

And so Baby Bonnie Hood will be added to the roster! Also Nina will be added as well! Now onto the next job where we’ll pretty much do the same as this, only with shonen jump:

Job #29: Submit A Shonen Jump Series To Get A Rep
Please submit a shonen jump series you think should get a character in this game or another character, if it’s already represented. Please submit the series, explain what it is and what it’s about, and why it should be in this thread, or get a second rep in this thread and explain some possible candidates
I think My Hero Academia needs a second rep.

My logic for this is simple - MHA is one of Jump's better-selling manga right now, as well as being a more modern series in comparison to many Jump series. However, pretty much every character from the series also has a ton of moveset potential - and the series has no shortage of interesting characters that could be chosen as playable. My own personal suggestions would be either Bakugou (Extreme rushdown fighter with some midrange tools), Uraraka (floaty, but surprisingly heavy-hitting though slow) or Todoroki (expert zoner and slow mover, has a few mixups and defensive tools but lacks close-up prowess) - though a character like All Might would also be really interesting to see too. Not only this, but MHA as an IP seems to be recieved well globally - not just in certain regions - which, compared to many series, is somewhat of a rarity for some Shonen series.

(If you couldn't tell I was originally gonna submit OPM LOL)

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
1636299107191.png
Haikyu!! is the sports manga following Shōyō Hinata and the School's Volleyball Club.

I think the main reason to add it now is Sports are a popular topic in Shonen Jump yet they never get represented in crossover games simply because they can't compete. I propose that since this is a Vs. Capcom game suspension of belief is enough to reasonably see a Sports character in (so it's now or never for them), and a teen just playing Volleyball against someone like Dante is absolutely the chaotic energy we need.

D

Deleted member

Bleach

The story of the Soul Reapers and their battle against the Hollows. Bleach may not have reached the heights of some of its contemporaries but it is still a series that was extremely popular during its heyday, and is about to get a revival and a new anime adaption. Bleach actually received 7 characters in Jump Force, three of them as DLC. Any of those characters (Rukia, Azien, Renji, Grimmjow, Hitsugaya and Yoruichi) would be cool but we could go for another character like Kenpachi or Byakuya.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
1636301062696.png

Hunter x Hunter

Possibly Shonen Jump's darkest series, Hunter x Hunter focuses on a boy named Gon who's on a quest to become a Hunter and find his father. However, while Gon may be the main protagonist and the face of the franchise, it's not uncommon for arcs to shift focus to other characters such as Killua and Kurapika, and in the Chimera Ant arc basically had a whole ensemble cast that included Gon, Killua, and a buttload of new characters, each with a unique set of abilities. We've included Gon but I feel that only including him would be a disservice to a series with such an amazing cast of characters. There's a good reason Jump Force had 6 characters from this series.

My personal choice would be Killua, but tbh you can't go wrong with Kurapika, Hisoka, Chrollo, Meruem, Neferpitou, or even Leorio - there are so many good choices in this series and my list wasn't even scratching the surface.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm concerned that I might regret this, but I'm going to nominate Naruto. (I'm not a fan of the Uchihas, and I think the disproportionately high focus on them ruined the series, but I'm willing to take the chance that we get someone who isn't one of them) The series is definitely one of Jump's biggest (up there with One Piece and Dragon Ball), and it's got a bunch of characters that people have grown attached to over the years, so I figure it could use a second character.

I was tempted to nominate Dragon Ball - there's so much more to the series than just Goku - but by that comment about the series getting a second rep, I'm assuming we're supposed to avoid ones that already have two or more characters like Dragon Ball, One Piece, Yu Yu Hakusho, and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Oh yeah, I forgot to say that you are allowed to submit series that have two characters in this. In fact, my submission will be Dragon Ball

What’s there really to be said? Dragon ball is easily one of the biggest series by shonen jump and we don’t have any other characters from Z yet so I think we should add some because it would be a little weird if we didn’t. Especially because of the similarities between dbfz and the vs series. There are a lot of potential characters, especially villains like vegeta, frieza or piccolo and I think they would be good additions.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Dragon Ball
2. My Hero Academia
3. Naruto

(I love One Piece, but I feel like these three series need more than just Goku, Deku, and Naruto, respectively)

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the Job #29 voting:
One Punch Man 4
My Hero Academia 10
Haikyu!! 1
Bleach 2
Hunter X Hunter 5
Naruto 8
Dragon Ball 16
One Piece 2

And so we will add another Dragon Ball character and another My Hero Academia character. We’ll do the job now:

Job #30: Submit A Dragon Ball or My Hero Academia Character
Please submit either a character from dragon ball, a character from my hero academia, or both. Please submit the character, explain who they are and a bit about how they would fight, and why they should be in this game

Jondolio

Smash Hero
For the DBZ fighter I shall resubmit Piccolo
Jump Submission #2: Piccolo (Dragon Ball)
1635799821653.png
1635799821653.png

Piccolo is both a DB and a DBZ character, appearing as the main antagonist of the former’s two final arcs (in a sense - King Piccolo and Piccolo Jr are two separate entities but their personalities are practically the same, there’s a reason they dropped the Jr name in the Saiyan saga) and joining the good guys’s side in the latter. He’s more visually distinct from Goku compared to characters like Vegeta, and he’s technically a villain, or an anti-hero if you wanna get technical, which the roster doesn’t have very many of right now.

As for his moveset, he would utilize his native namekian abilities to stretch his arms and fire his Special Beam Cannon. There’s more stuff he can do, but it’s been a while since I watched Dragon Ball and I’m too tired to look up everything, but he would definitely be a unique fighter and a welcome addition to the roster.
Might submit a MHA character later idk

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
For Dragon Ball, I'll re-nominate Frieza.

Frieza (Dragon Ball)

Probably one of the more iconic/recognizable/popular Jump villains out there, to the point where he had an entire movie dedicated to his resurrection and a Japanese metal song inspired by him. I am not joking about that last one.

Frieza was the main villain of Dragon Ball during Namek saga, and probably the first one that comes to mind when most fans think "Dragon Ball villain". Infamous for his refusal to die and the sheer amount of forms that he has (lines like "This isn't even my final form!" have stuck with people for a reason), Freeza was a seemingly-unstoppable juggernaut despite the unassuming appearance of his final/true form (pictured above). Sadistic, cruel, self-centered, and racist, Frieza set a standard that later villains like Perfect Cell or Super Buu seemingly tried and failed to imitate.

Dragon Ball FighterZ (along with countless other Dragon Ball fighting games) already gives an idea of how he could play, but in addition to the series standards of punching, kicking, and ki blasts, Frieza can hit or choke people with his tail, use psychic powers, throw around ki energy that's shaped in the form of buzzsaws, and transform into Golden Frieza to give himself a power boost. (while his other forms would make his gameplay more interesting, such as stabbing opponents with the horns of his second form, it's probably best to stick to his fourth form for simplicity's sake)
For My Hero Academia, I'll nominate the Symbol of Peace...

All Might

The number one pro hero and Deku's idol, All Might passes his Quirk/power to Deku when he sees how determined the boy is to save others, even without any powers of his own. He becomes the boy's mentor, and a teacher at U.A. High School.

All Might has a very distinct character design, even among characters from his own series, and while his powers aren't especially flashy, he's a juggernaut that any villain should think twice before facing. He loses prominence as the series goes on and Deku comes into his own as a hero, but he's still important and popular enough to be a face of the series and be playable in games like Jump Force.

Last edited:
Job 30:
Himiko Toga

Himiko Toga is a Character from MHA, who is a Villainous Female Student, who has ability to transform into Someone as Shapeshift way. She likes to be Brutal and Violent.
Her moveset could be Brutal and Shapeshifting, since she could be only one who can shapeshift in the Game. She could be most Brutal Character in the Game

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
MHA fighter submission: Eraserhead
1636404157136.png

Shouta Aizawa, also known by his hero name, Eraserhead, is the homeroom teacher of class 1-A who serves as something of a mentor to the kids, including main character Deku. Aizawa is a realist who takes somewhat extreme measures to prepare his students for the dangerous profession that his heroism, going as far as to threaten to expel them on the first day. He has the ability to erase people's quirks and also wears bandages that he grabs people with and slams them. Combine that with his ninja like agility, and you've got a unique take on the grappler archetype that basically no other character could fill.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
D

Deleted member

1. Bakugo
2. Toga

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
  1. Bakugo
  2. Toga
Deku already cover some of All Might arsenal so having someone who doesn't have One for All would be good, plus he is a guarantee to come back even he lost this one.

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
1. Toga
2. Eraser Head
Being that All Might and Deku have the same quirk, I'm probably never going to vote him because if I did I'd be a hypocrite because that's the main reason I submitted and we have Yoshikage Kira and not DIO. And I didn't go for Bakugo because it'd be very unfair if we had Deku/Bakugo and not Naruto/Sasuke. Meanwhile Toga and Shouta Aizawa are both unexpected but actually brilliant choices so I went with them. As for the Dragon Ball poll I honestly know nothing about the series so admittedly I didn't even vote, I just hope the other people here know what works as I don't.

Top Bottom