• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Shonen Jump Vs. Capcom: Tankobon Throwdown

Should Jotaro’s classic fighting game stand mechanic return in Shonen Jump vs. Capcom?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Not sure if I can put my own in first or not, but if I can...

1. All Might
2. Toga

(if I can't, then reverse them)

I'm not going to vote in the Dragon Ball poll because either one of them would be great, and I can't decide which one I'd want more. (Piccolo's my favourite Dragon Ball character, while Frieza's my nomination)

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the Job #31 voting:
All-Might 5
Himiko Toga 15
Eraser Head 4
Katsuki Bakugo 16

And so Bakugo and Frieza will be added as characters. Now onto the next job:

Job #32: Submit A Stage For A Series Without Any
These are all the series without stages:
Fist of the North Star
Kinnikuman
Death Note
Demon Slayer
Gintama
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Viewtiful Joe
Cyberbots
Dead Rising
Asura’s Wrath
Breath of Fire

And so we’ll give some of those series stages in this job! You can submit one shonen jump series stage and one capcom series stage and two stages for each company will be added. Please submit the location, exactly where in the location the fight would take place, and any cameos.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Hokuto Training Grounds (Fist of the North Star)

kenshiro stage.png

The site of the final battle between Kenshiro and Raoh, an abandoned and ruined temple adorned with gigantic statues. Rin, Bat, Yuria, and Raoh's titanic horse Kokuoh are in the background, watching the fight as they did in the series itself.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’ll leave submissions open for a couple more hours. If there aren’t over two submissions for capcom and shonen jump until then everything will be an auto-pick.

D

Deleted member

Infinity Castle (Demon Slayer)
Muzan's base and the lair of the Twelve Kizuki. it is the primery setting for the arc of the same name. In the background the Castle will shift and change. Various characters from the series will appear in the background, dueling.

Karma Fortress (Asura's Wrath)

The demigods' stronghold in which they house their most powerful weapon, the Brahmastra. The stage will take place in the large cosmic fortress, with the Brahmastra himself looking menacing in the background. The Seven Deities will make cameos.

Last edited by a moderator:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Willamette and Karma Fortress will be added. Now okay, we don’t really get many submissions for stages and so I think for now we’ll also add all the shonen jump series as well. And so Hokuto Training Grounds, Shinigami World and Infinity Castle will all be added as well. The last stage job will happen soon after we get all the characters in.

Right now we have 42 characters in the game (since I didn’t update it to add bakugo and frieza yet) and so, this will actually be the final character job of the base game!

Job #33: Submit A Shonen Jump and Capcom Character
Please submit a character from shonen jump and a character from capcom who you think should get in. Please submit the character, explain a bit about how they would fight, and why they should be in this game. The final four characters of this threads base game will be decided now!

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Resubmitting Killua and Zero
Shonen Jump: Killua Zoldyck (Hunter × Hunter)
View attachment 333204
Killua is the deuteragonist of Hunter × Hunter. He's arguably more popular than his best friend and the protagonist, Gon, and has a more unique set of powers - due to being raised in a family of assassins, he has many techniques that would distinguish him from the rest of the cast, such as being able to sharpen his fingernails (to the point he can rip a person's heart out), shadow stepping, and the ability to turn his arms into whips, as well as a pair of yo-yos that pack a serious punch made by his brother Milluki. He's also immune to poison and electricity, the latter which plays into his nen ability as he's able to "charge" himself with electricity and attack with it. This includes his iconic "godspeed" transformation which increases his speed.

Like Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule 's submission, Killua being added before Gon would prove that we don't neccesarily need to add the main character first (also coincidentally, Killua was modeled after Hiei and they share a creator).
Since we now have Gon, parts of that original post are outdated, but Killua is still the no-brainer pick for a second HxH character as he's the deuteragonist and is probably the most popular character in the series, plus his fighting style is unlike anyone else in the roster. also i just want my son to join his boyfriend please vote for him
Capcom Submission #1: Zero (Mega Man)
1635799726906.png

Since we have X in this game, I’m surprised this guy hasn’t been submitted yet. I know we like our unexpected characters in this thread, but Zero feels to me like a no brainer. He’s basically the second main character of the Mega Man franchise as a whole, even headlining his own sub-series in Mega Man Zero, and has appeared in crossovers like Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 where he’s top tier. Plus, he’s a robot with a lightsaber - he fits the aesthetic of this game way too well!

Last edited:
Job 33:
Shonen:
Kakashi Hatake (Naruto)

Kakashi Hatake is a character from Naruto anime and Manga series. He is one of Konoha's most talented ninja, regularly looked to for advice and leadership despite his personal dislike of responsibility.
He could have moveset like Naruto, but he could have ninja-like Moveset like throwing Kunais or etc. He could be the Fastest Fighter in the Game due to his talented Ninja status.

Capcom:
Ladd (Bionic Commando)

Ladd is main character of Bionic commando game series. He is a soldier, who fights with Nazzs (Game verison of N*zis) in his Game Universe. His game comes from 80's, so he could be Retro Rep character. He even got Remake in 2008 and Sequel with redesign.
He could have Moveset like he would have Grappling Hook that could pull fighters to him rather than swinging on circle platforms or Gun shooting as original moveset idea due to his name Commando, which it has relation to Military Soldiers.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm going to avoid re-nominating characters this time if I can help it.

Jump: Hinata Hyuga (Naruto)

I figure that Naruto's big enough to get a second character at this point, and I figure it's more interesting to go outside of Team Seven and dip into the series' supporting cast. Hinata's the shy heiress of the Hyuga clan who admires Naruto for his refusal to give up, no matter how badly the odds are stacked against him. Hinata's graceful, precise fighting style seems like a marked contrast with Naruto's straightforward brawling (I was torn between Hinata and Rock Lee, but I picked Hinata for that reason), and she's a popular character, even outranking the main heroine Sakura by the end of the series.

Whereas Naruto seems like he'd be a rushdown character, Hinata seems like someone who would reward patience, spacing, and good timing.

Capcom: Mike Haggar (Final Fight)

We've got the chance to have Mike Haggar vs. Kinnikuman - we might as well take it. Mike Haggar is one of the protagonists of Final Fight, Capcom's series of side-scrolling beat-em-ups, and arguably the face of the series, as he appears in all of its instalments. A former pro-wrestler who became the mayor of Metro City, Haggar takes the law into his own hands, roaming the streets and beating the tar out of any gang members or other criminals that he comes across.

Haggar gives the Capcom side a big grappler type character, and in addition to punches, kicks, and wrestling moves, he can also pull out a lead pipe to bludgeon people with. We've already seen him work in a fighting game in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and while I probably could have gone with a character who isn't already in a Versus Series fighting game (I was going to go with Valgas from Power Stone at first), Haggar's a big enough figure in Capcom's history that I felt like I had to nominate him.

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Lynne and Sissel (Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective)
1636569658373.png
Lynne and Sissel are the protagonists of the 2010 DS game
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective. Lynne's the optimistic and determined detective trying to prove Detective Jowd's (her hero) innocence, and Sissel's the amnesiac ghost trying to find out the cause of his death while looking after Lynne.

Reasons to add L&S are that they'd be fun additions character wise, GT : PD is a cult classic that is loved by those who played it so adding a rep would be magical to some people, they'd have a unique moveset not achievable by other characters, and lastly considering GT : PD was made by the creator of Ace Attorney having L&S be able to fight (with) Pheonix Wright would be amazing.

As for moveset potential, Lynne could be the main character you control (the one with the health bar) doing detective moves while Sissel controls objects and can do "Tricks" on objects (stuff like firing a gun and opening a door).

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Willamette and Karma Fortress will be added. Now okay, we don’t really get many submissions for stages and so I think for now we’ll also add all the shonen jump series as well. And so Hokuto Training Grounds, Shinigami World and Infinity Castle will all be added as well. The last stage job will happen soon after we get all the characters in.

Right now we have 42 characters in the game (since I didn’t update it to add bakugo and frieza yet) and so, this will actually be the final character job of the base game!

Job #33: Submit A Shonen Jump and Capcom Character
Please submit a character from shonen jump and a character from capcom who you think should get in. Please submit the character, explain a bit about how they would fight, and why they should be in this game. The final four characters of this threads base game will be decided now!
Shonen:
Character Name: Genos
Character Origin: One Punch Man (Chapter 5, 2012)
1636571607498.png

Originating from One Punch Man, the webcomic-turned full-blown Shonen series that acts as a clever take on the superhero genre as a whole, Genos himself is an interesting pick from this series. Despite Saitama arguably being the "protagonist" of the series, his sheer power level means that Genos is the most logical choice. Using his cyborg body to its fullest, giving him exceptionally high speed and power, he'd surely be a powerful rushdown fighter with a powerful transformation for a super - Arms Mode - giving him even more power. However, he'd have low defence, in reference to the comical amount of times he's completely defeated in the series. (Hell, maybe he could even have Saitama as an "assist" of sorts in one of his supers!)

His interactions have the capacity to be very interesting. Characters like X and Captain Commando could relate very well based on their own robotic/cyborg natures, and Genos' own quite humourous personality could interact wonderfully with other characters.

Capcom:
Character Name: Ruby Heart
Character Origin: Marvel VS Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes (2000)
1636571203287.png

Originally intended to be a Darkstalker, Ruby Heart is a pirate who fights with various mystical treasures she's found on her journeys - such as a haunted chest, a book that is able to manipulate water, and even anchors and whips! I think she'd be a very good pick for this game - canonically speaking, for example, she used her ship - the Partenaire - to transport all the fighters in MVC2 to their battlefields, and being a pirate, she'd likely interact well with the One Piece characters, as well as many other characters in the game.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I don't really have a Capcom character I want to submit at this point, but...

Shonen Jump Character: Joseph Joestar (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)

Joseph Joestar is the protagonist of Battle Tendency, the second part of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (He's also a supporting character in Stardust Crusaders and Diamond is Unbreakable, but I'm specifically submitting him based on his appearance in Battle Tendency). As the grandson of Jonathan Joestar, he moved from Britain to New York with Grandma Erina in the late 1930s. However, shortly after arriving, Joseph gets embroiled in a series of events that see him battling the Pillar Men, monstrous, superpowered humanoids, and uncovering the Joestar family's bizarre history. He's cocky, immature, abrasive, dramatic, and quick to conflict, but also incredibly clever and loyal to those he's close to.

Unlike many JoJo characters, Joseph doesn't have a stand (at least not at this point in his life). Instead, Joseph is a hamon user, a martial artist whose breathing produces solar energy that can be transformed into attacks called "overdrives" and transferred to other objects to enhance them and turn them into weapons. However, Joseph is defined by his pragmatic and creative fighting style, which is based around making logical assumptions about his opponents, predicting their movements, setting elaborate traps, and using any tool around him to win a battle.

Despite the fact that Battle Tendency was released before JoJo's Bizarre Adventure exploded in popularity following Stardust Crusaders and the introduction of stands, Joseph continues to be one of the most beloved characters in the series. Joseph's wacky, never-give-up attitude and antics have entertained readers in the 30+ years since Battle Tendency was published and, much like Son Goku, Joseph's influence can still be seen in modern Shonen heroes. Even today, Joseph often tops polls for the fanbase's favourite JoJo, ranking above other juggernauts like Jotaro Kujo, Giorno Giovanna, and Johnny Joestar.

While Joseph does have a pre-existing Capcom-made moveset from Heritage for the Future, I'd ideally like to see that moveset supplemented or outright replaced with options that better reflect how Joseph actually fights in Battle Tendency. Joseph's tactical and cerebral combat would better be represented by tools that aware players for making hard reads, such as bait-and-punish normals, counters, and traps.

Also, a "Your next line is..." super with unique dialogue for each member of the cast like in All-Star Battle is a must.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Job 33:

Capcom:
Ladd (Bionic Commando)

Ladd is main character of Bionic commando game series. He is a soldier, who fights with Nazzs (Game verison of N*zis) in his Game Universe. His game comes from 80's, so he could be Retro Rep character. He even got Remake in 2008 and Sequel with redesign.
He could have Moveset like he would have Grappling Hook that could pull fighters to him rather than swinging on circle platforms or Gun shooting as original moveset idea due to his name Commando, which it has relation to Military Soldiers.
Uh the main character of Bionic Commando is Nathan Spencer (sometimes Rad Spencer)

Anyway submissions:

Rukia (Bleach)
A major character from the Bleach seires. Rukia is almost allways the next character to get into crossovers after Ichigo. I think that after Naruto bleach is the series that most deserves a second character and also our Jump side doesn't have any women yet so.

Grandmaster Meio (Strider)
The main villain in the Strider series. A fairly obscure pick, but his appearance as an NPC in Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite made people interested in him as a playable character. Strider has been around long enough that he could get a second character. He would have a projectile heavy moveset and could summon enemies from the Strider series.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Trafalgar Law (One Piece)

Law is a popular and important character in One Piece, he is one of the "Worst Generation" and an allie of the Straw Hat Pirates.

He has the skills of a powerful doctor and can perform miracles with the Op-Op Fruit.

The Arisen (Dragon's Dogma)

Dragon's Dogma is an action RPG by Capcom. Dragon's Dogma hasn't had any content in any Capcom crossover so this would be the series first introduction to many people

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’ll resubmit Arale. It was an idea posted by Megadoomer Megadoomer a while ago and I’d like to repost it:
Job 22: Arale Norimaki (Dr. Slump)

Arale is the main character of Akira Toriyama's pre-Dragon Ball hit, Dr. Slump. While Dragon Ball tends to overshadow Toriyama's other work nowadays, Dr. Slump is what put him on the map to begin with. As a character from a gag manga, and a super-powered robot, she's got plenty of material to work with, and it seems like it would be funny to put her up against a more serious robot like Mega Man X.

Most of the Jump series that we've included so far are serious and/or action based, so I figure it would be interesting to change things up a bit and include a gag series instead. (I could have nominated Bo-bobo instead, but I wanted to do something different)
I’d also like to add that it was brought to my attention we don’t have any female shonen jump characters and so she might be a good pick for one.

Dr. Wily

Does this guy even need an introduction at this point? Dr wily is the main antagonist of the classic mega man series which may not be as popular as others nowadays but is obviously really huge and hasn’t gotten much representation besides mega man and roll in fighting games so I think it would be cool to include a villain from the series, Dr Wily!

He would fight with the abilities he has in the boss battles of mega man as well as some abilities of generic enemies. He would likely be able to summon them too.

Also
Also, a "Your next line is..." super with unique dialogue for each member of the cast like in All-Star Battle is a must.
This would be perfect to do for a match against phoenix wright lol. I’m just imagining him going “Your next line is… objection!” and phoenix acting surprised.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Aight, guess I'll be submitting my first character for this thread - and right at its end! I probably won't submit a Capcom character, as most of my investment in this thread has been directed towards the Jump side, but I do want to participate. And although there are other big ones we've missed so far, there is one character that, to me, stands head-and-shoulders above anyone else when it comes to important Jump characters who aren't on this roster yet. And that would be...

Job #33: Kankichi Ryotsu from Kochikame
5467.jpg

Kochira Katsuhika-ku Kameari Koen Mae Hashutsujo - better known as just Kochikame - is a Weekly Shonen Jump comedy manga that began in 1976.

The series follows the misadventures of one Kankichi Ryotsu - a middle-aged cop who works at a neighborhood police station in downtown Tokyo. The typical plot in the series revolves around Ryotsu coming up with some get-rich-quick scheme based on the latest fad or a new gadget of his and achieving great success, only for it to always come crashing down on him at the end. Believe it or not, Kochikame is actually a very very important series to Jump history - it's immensely popular in Japan, to the point that real-life Japanese celebrities often made appearances in it. Although most of the characters never aged, the series always evolved with the times, often centering chapters around - and subtly mocking - recent trends or events in Japan. Interestingly enough, the chapters actually weren't numbered - each one was its own completely self-contained little story, which meant it was a lot more accessible than most other Jump series which you oftentimes have to, like, actually catch up to. This also allowed it to go for a really long time - it ran for 40 whole goddamn years, clocking in at 1,960 chapters and 200 volumes, until it finally ended in 2016. This makes it not just the longest-running series in Jump history, but one of the longest-running manga of all time. In fact, it's also the seventh highest-selling manga of all time, beating out such series as Demon Slayer, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Crayon Shin-chan, Attack on Titan and goddamn Astro Boy. It's gotten such things as an anime, three animated films, a live-action series, two live-action movies and several stage adaptations.

So Kochikame is generally just a very revered series within Jump's library of franchises. They went all out when it reached its 30th anniversary, with several special events being held, and it's a near-constant presence in Jump crossover games. In fact, the only notable large-scale Jump crossover game (so not counting stuff like Battle Stadium DON that's only supposed to cross over a select few properties) that Ryotsu has missed out on.....is Jump Force. J-Stars? He's there! The Jump Stars games on the DS? He's there! The two Jump crossover RPGs on the Famicom? He's there! The mobile games like Jumputi Heroes and Jikkyou Janjan Stadium? He's there! The obscure Game Boy quiz game Cult Jump? You bet your sweet bippy he's there.

There's also the fact that as it stands, our roster is pretty light on characters from non-action series on the Jump side and I'd really like it for us to fix that ever so slightly now that we have the opportunity. So when looking at all this, I think I've made a good case for Ryotsu. Despite the regional barrier oftentimes preventing him from getting acknowledgement, he's a surprisingly iconic and important character to Jump history, and it definitely kinda weirds me out seeing the amount of rosters that omit him. He'd also just be a generally fun character that helps diversify the Jump side's genre representation a bit more, but above all else, I feel he's genuinely too important to exclude.

I'll admit also part of it is nostalgia cause the anime used to air where I live but LETS NOT WORRY ABOUT THAT-

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Uh the main character of Bionic Commando is Nathan Spencer (sometimes Rad Spencer)
It was spelled as “Ladd Spencer” in the manual for the NES version of the original bionic commando

Anyways:
Here are the options for Job #33. Please vote for your top three most wanted in order for both series. Your own submission can only be in second or third place.
Shonen Jump
Jondolio Jondolio Killua
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Kakashi
Megadoomer Megadoomer Hinata
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 Genos
Garteam Garteam Joseph Joestar
@Darkonedagger Rukia
cashregister9 cashregister9 Trafalgar Law
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Arale
Speed Weed Speed Weed Kankichi Ryotsu

Capcom
Jondolio Jondolio Zero
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Ladd Spencer
Megadoomer Megadoomer Mike Haggar
CheeseAnton CheeseAnton Lyne & Sissel
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 Ruby Heart
@Darkonedagger Grand Master Meio
cashregister9 cashregister9 Arisen
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Dr. Wily

My votes:
1. Hinata
2. Kankichi
3. Arale

1. Meio
2. Zero
3. Wily
(Honorable mention goes to joseph. I really like the idea of his addition but I just feel like other types of characters need to be prioritized now, although joseph seems pretty much perfect for DLC. Same with law.)

While I’m on the topic of DLC… just so everyone knows I was planning on us having three packs of DLC, each with four characters, four stages and four alternate costumes all split evenly between capcom and jump. The alternate costumes would be able to change the voice for characters this time.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Ryotsu Kankichi
2. Hinata
3. Arale

(Honourable mention goes to Joseph Joestar, a.k.a. the Best JoJo)

1. Dr. Wily
2. Mike Haggar
3. Grandmaster Meio

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Well here it is everyone, the results of the voting for the final four characters of the base game...

Killua 5
Kakashi 3
Hinata 11
Genos 2
Joseph Joestar 3
Rukia 3
Trafalgar Law 1
Arale 5
Kankichi Ryotsu 9

Zero 8
Ladd 2
Mike Haggar 4
Lyne & Sissel 5
Ruby Heart 2
Grand Master Meio 6
Arisen 3
Dr. Wily 11

And so our final four characters are... Hinata, Kankichi, Zero and Dr. Wily!

Now we're almost at DLC but before we do we have just one quick stage job to get through:

Job #34: Submit A Stage For A Series Without Any
These are all the series we got so far that don't have any stages in the game:
Kinnikuman
Gintama
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Kochikame
Viewtiful Joe
Cyberbots
Breath of Fire

We're gonna add one stage from one of those shonen jump series, and two from capcom to give us a nice, even 26. However, I realized there isn't much options for stages and not a lot of people know about viewtiful joe, cyberbots and breath of fire so for this job you can submit stages for any capcom series, in addition to stages for those listed shonen jump series. You can submit two stages, one for each company.
Anyways, please submit a location for a stage, explain exactly where the fight is, and any cameos.

Also, last chance to submit alternate costumes, everyone! I'll make it so that now you can submit any amount you want. Remember that each character can only have two alternate costumes so if someone has two you can't submit any more and they cannot change characters voices.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Viewtiful Joe Stage: Viewtiful Awards

The site of the final boss battle in Viewtiful Joe 2, an awards show that the heroes and villain manage to crash. Decorated with posters of the various movies that the two games take place in, with a massive projector screen in the background and large golden statues on either side of a staircase, it could serve as the setting of a major movie premiere, or a gateway between the movie world and the real world, justifying the presence of any number of characters. (Alastor, Captain Blue, Sylvia, Fire Leo, Hulk Davidson, Jet Black, Big John, etc.)

Wily Alternate Costume:

The mysterious billionaire Mr. X from Mega Man 6 - he's totally a different character from Dr. Wily, I know, but considering that he's been manipulating Wily from the very beginning, it seems like there should be a reference to him, at least. In a shocking twist that nobody could have possibly seen coming, it turns out that Mr. X was actually Dr. Wily all along!

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Don't have stage ideas so I'll make Hiei shirtless
1636685119367.png
Shirtless Hiei
Hiei is seen shirtless probably too many times in the show, so fanservice aside it does make sense to add.

1636716518527.png
Younger Kurama
Kurama as he appears in the 2018 Two Shots OVA. Thanks to Jondolio Jondolio for the idea.

1636685801629.png

Indoor Clothing
An outfit seen by Herlock when at home, looks neat and this was the best image I could find.

1636686006977.png

Dead Man with a lot of questions (Yoshikage Kira)
This outfit comes from the short manga Dead Man's Questions following Kira as an amnesiac ghost in the afterlife. It'd be a really great reference and concerns about a moveset change could be "Kira is just wearing it now because it looks neat"

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Don't have stage ideas so I'll make Hiei shirtless
View attachment 337521
Shirtless Hiei
Hiei is seen shirtless probably too many times in the show, so fanservice aside it does make sense to add.

View attachment 337522
Yoko Kurama
Yoko is the demon fox form of Kurama, and would be a neat reference for a costume

View attachment 337524
Indoor Clothing
An outfit seen by Herlock when at home, looks neat and this was the best image I could find.

View attachment 337525
Dead Man with a lot of questions (Yoshikage Kira)
This outfit comes from the short manga Dead Man's Questions following Kira as an amnesiac ghost in the afterlife. It'd be a really great reference and concerns about a moveset change could be "Kira is just wearing it now because it looks neat"
I don't think Yoko Kurama could work as a costume. He has way too many different abilities in that form. He should probably be in his supers if anything

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Job #34: Yoshiwara Paradise from Gintama
017885.JPG.jpg

Yoshiwara Paradise is an underground red-light district in Edo Japan - a city locked in eternal night that's sustained by corrupt government officials and is beyond the reach of the law. I picked it cause not only is it the setting of an entire arc, it's also just a cool and memorable location.

In this stage, you'd fight at the rooftops of the overlord's mansion (pictured above), through which you'd be able to see the whole city from the background, which could make for a pretty cool stage. There aren't really any major cameos

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
We currently have a tie between Shadow Realm and Yoshiwara Paradise. My vote was for yoshiwara paradise, so I’ll just remove it now. Meaning…

And with that, that’s all of the content for the base game! Thank you everyone who submitted content and participated in this thread so far! Now this thread is gonna be on a bit of a break before DLC. Not too long, just a couple of days so stay tuned until I start up this thread again. Thanks everyone and remember the DLC will include three packs of four characters, four alternate costumes, and four stages.

I will end submissions for alternate costumes once DLC starts.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Thanks for waiting, everyone! I’m starting up this thread again:

Job #35: Submit A Shonen Jump and Capcom DLC Character
Please submit both a potential Shonen Jump DLC character and a Capcom DLC character. Please submit the character, explain who they are and a little bit about how they would fight, and why they should be in this game.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Joseph Joestar (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)

The protagonist of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure part 2, Joseph is basically the polar opposite of his grandfather (part 1's Jonathan Joestar) and grandson (part 3's Jotaro Kujo). Extremely energetic and goofy, Joseph's least favourite words are "hard work". ...which is unfortunate for him, because he needs to do a lot of training with the mystical solar energy Hamon in order to defeat the super-vampires known as Pillar Men.

He fights with clackers, infusing them with Hamon energy to turn a yo-yo-like device into a deadly weapon. However, he uses other tools like a pop bottle, thread, and a machine gun, along with his cunning and wit. While JoJo's Bizarre Adventure has a lot of protagonists and antagonists to choose from (it's currently eight parts, and there's not a ton of overlap between the casts of each part), I figure it would make for a nice change of pace to represent one of the non-Stand parts of the series, as Stands basically took over beyond part 3.

Vergil (Devil May Cry)

Vergil is Dante's twin brother who has cast aside his humanity and craves more power, no matter what the cost is to the world. In contrast to Dante, who's wacky and fights with countless different weapons, Vergil takes himself completely seriously and almost entirely relies on Yamato, the sword that he inherited from their father Sparda.

There's plenty of material to draw from when it comes to including Vergil in a fighting game. He was in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, which is already a solid base, and he's also playable in the special editions of Devil May Cry 3, 4, and 5. (here's his DMC4 moveset) He tends to fight with iaijutsu, or a quick-draw style, either hitting his enemies with his sheathed sword, or quickly drawing it from the sheathe, usually faster than the eye can follow. Yamato can somehow cut through space itself, allowing for long distance slashes, and in case his normal levels of power aren't enough, he can transform into a demonic state using Devil Trigger.

Last edited:
Resubmitting these:
Job 33:
Shonen:
Kakashi Hatake (Naruto)

Kakashi Hatake is a character from Naruto anime and Manga series. He is one of Konoha's most talented ninja, regularly looked to for advice and leadership despite his personal dislike of responsibility.
He could have moveset like Naruto, but he could have ninja-like Moveset like throwing Kunais or etc. He could be the Fastest Fighter in the Game due to his talented Ninja status.

Capcom:
Ladd (Bionic Commando)

Top Bottom