• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Shonen Jump Vs. Capcom: Tankobon Throwdown

Should Jotaro’s classic fighting game stand mechanic return in Shonen Jump vs. Capcom?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
True, maybe the Ultimate move can be altered to be Road Rolla. I just haven't mentioned that because I thought my original submission was already a stretch but if it's possible to have an ult changed I'd gladly have that.
I just figure he'd be a better fit for a full character rather than an alternate costume. Having Dio as a Jotaro costume would be like if Smash Bros. had Shadow as an alternate costume for Sonic instead of him being a playable character or even a clone/echo fighter - sure, it would mean that he's technically playable, but given his popularity and the potential for differences from Sonic, I feel like a lot of people would see that as wasted potential.

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
I just figure he'd be a better fit for a full character rather than an alternate costume. Having Dio as a Jotaro costume would be like if Smash Bros. had Shadow as an alternate costume for Sonic instead of him being a playable character or even a clone/echo fighter - sure, it would mean that he's technically playable, but given his popularity and the potential for differences from Sonic, I feel like a lot of people would see that as wasted potential.
Fair point, but we already have 3 unique JoJo characters. Imagine if Smash only had ~30 characters and 3 of them were Sonic characters, then we added Shadow as a completely separate character. JoJo's doesn't need 4 characters when not even Dragon Ball has that many, having DIO as a Jotaro skin is generous as DIO doesn't make sense otherwise (imo)

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
One alternate costume that I'm surprised nobody's submitted yet: the Pharaoh Atem for Yugi.

Also, maybe a Lord Wily costume from Mega Man Battle Network (or at least one inspired by it) for Dr. Wily.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Yes, pallet swaps are allowed. And in fact I’m submitting Goku Black as a costume for Goku. I know in-universe he does have some moves that are different from Goku but still I think he could work as a pallet swap of goku with voice lines changed in this game.

I’ll also submit Shadow Lady for Chun-Li

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Okay thanks everyone for submitting alternate costumes but there doesn’t seem to be much interest in them so I don’t think we’ll do voting for them, for now we will stick to characters and stages for DLC. So now we’ll do the next character job:

Job #39: Submit A Capcom and Jump DLC Character
Just like last time, please submit a shonen jump and capcom DLC character! Please submit the character, explain who they are and a bit about how they would fight, and say why you think they should be in the game. Two capcom and two jump characters will be added.

D

Deleted member

Gonna resubmit Lady D

Alcina Dimitrescu (Resident Evil)

One of the main villains from the latest Resident Evil and a character who the internet completely ate up. She would be a slow character but with vicious attacks and would likely summon her daughters in combat. Yes, there is the problem that shes a gaint, but we could could likely work around this.

Hisoka

A main villain from Hunter X Hunter. Hisoka is super popular, and his creepy over the top attitude would give him a very fun playstyle.

D

Deleted member

Edit: Ignore this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I will once again resubmit Killua and Arthur
Shonen Jump: Killua Zoldyck (Hunter × Hunter)
View attachment 333204
Killua is the deuteragonist of Hunter × Hunter. He's arguably more popular than his best friend and the protagonist, Gon, and has a more unique set of powers - due to being raised in a family of assassins, he has many techniques that would distinguish him from the rest of the cast, such as being able to sharpen his fingernails (to the point he can rip a person's heart out), shadow stepping, and the ability to turn his arms into whips, as well as a pair of yo-yos that pack a serious punch made by his brother Milluki. He's also immune to poison and electricity, the latter which plays into his nen ability as he's able to "charge" himself with electricity and attack with it. This includes his iconic "godspeed" transformation which increases his speed.

Like Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule 's submission, Killua being added before Gon would prove that we don't neccesarily need to add the main character first (also coincidentally, Killua was modeled after Hiei and they share a creator).

Nothing from Capcom unfortunately, the only Capcom series I played are ones that are already on the roster.
Since we now have Gon, parts of that original post are outdated, but Killua is still the no-brainer pick for a second HxH character as he's the deuteragonist and is probably the most popular character in the series, plus his fighting style is unlike anyone else in the roster. also i just want my son to join his boyfriend please vote for him
Should add that now that the Zoldyck estate is a stage it's all the more reason to add him
Capcom Character: Sir Arthur (Ghosts N Goblins)
1637426841199.png

Arthur is a knight who needs to rescue the princess from Satan. He is the main character of Ghosts N Goblins, an iconic Capcom classic notorious for its difficulty. It could be considered Capcom's take on Castlevania, being an insanely difficult platformer that features iconic monsters as the main enemies.

Arthur has appeared in both MvC3 and Infinite and would play similarly to how he'd play in those games.

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Shonen Jump: Dai (Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai)
1638034449407.png
Dai is the protagonist of the manga Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai, with an Anime so nice they had to make it twice. Dai is the twelve year old hero from Dermline Island. Dai should be considered for his wide range of spells and excellent sword fighting skills. Also, I wouldn't consider Square an issue because they allowed Dai in Jump Force so I don't see their minds changing since then.

Capcom: Felicia
1638034428149.png
Felicia is a Catwoman from the Darkstalkers series, she's an energetic and optimistic music star who wants Darkstalkers and Humans to have a peaceful coexistence. Reasons to include her are that Catgirls are particularly popular in Japan so having one makes sense in a crossover with Anime, and Felicia would be a fun character who I can see having a particularly good time with the Shonen cast. Felicia would be a fast fighter without much range but she is great with combos and can basically fly around the stage (doing stuff like flips, leaping off walls, and have fast lunges).

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Okay thanks everyone for submitting alternate costumes but there doesn’t seem to be much interest in them so I don’t think we’ll do voting for them, for now we will stick to characters and stages for DLC. So now we’ll do the next character job:

Job #39: Submit A Capcom and Jump DLC Character
Just like last time, please submit a shonen jump and capcom DLC character! Please submit the character, explain who they are and a bit about how they would fight, and say why you think they should be in the game. Two capcom and two jump characters will be added.
Character Name: Proto Man
Character Series: Mega Man
Character Origin: Mega Man 3 (1990)
Character Abilities: Near-Indestructible Shield, Robotic Physiology
Theme Song: Proto Man's Theme (remix)
1638048518519.png

With Mega Man X already being here, I did consider submitting the original Mega Man as a seperate character, but I felt as a DLC pick, he might be seen as too similar in basic concept to X. As such, I decided to go with a very popular pick to represent the classic series - Proto Man.

His story could go a little as follows: "A mysterious figure who travels the world, often helping Mega Man on his path, Proto Man has arrived here alone, and he's taking down Wily once and for all. His endless battles have left him jaded and alone, and his nuclear core is still damaged as it always was - every second of his existance leading closer to either the death of his body, or the death of his consciousness. He's travelled as far as this tournament, finally planning to eliminate his greatest enemy." Not only this, but his pretty serious personality could potentially be played for laughs in some circumstances, like with Goku, or for the sake of fear in the circumstance of certain antagonists, as well as amusing interactions with Viewtiful Joe.

In terms of playstyle, Proto Man is actually a bit of an anomaly, in that he's a mix of a rushdown character and a zoner, a little like X. He's actually a little stronger in terms of attack power than X, but is somewhat of a glass cannon - being caught up in comboes absolutely eats up his health, which is in reference to his playstyle in Mega Man 9 and 10, where he takes twice as much damage as Mega Man, but can deal twice as much damage as a means of offsetting this. Not only this, but he has access to his shield as a reflector, but it's actually not a great thing to do up close.

Unlike Wily, who would likely have great reliance upon Robot Master weapons, Proto Man only really uses them as additions to his general toolkit. Given that he doesn't have robotic companions such as Rush or Beat, he uses Item 1 and Item 2, as well as attacks loosely based on both various Robot Masters, as well as the Joe variant of enemies (of which there's a lot of potential.) You could also give him his beam sword that ProtoMan.EXE uses if you wanted to, though I imagine this would only be used for a couple of attacks.

I'd say for alternate colours, Proto Man has a lot of potential, listed here:

1. Sniper Joe 01 - an enemy originating from Mega Man 7, though based on the Joe series as a whole.

1638049270069.png

2. ProtoMan.EXE - Proto Man's "counterpart" in the Battle Network series, as well as a rival to MegaMan.EXE.
1638049522687.png

3. Break Man - more of a bonus costume as an homage to his classic appearance. In this, there's some recolours to make him more accurate to his MM3 spritework, such as his red colouration becoming more of a red-pink colour, and his scarf being made a similar colour.
1638049430047.png

4. Shadow Man - whilst not including the large star at the back, this costume is in reference to one of the most famously difficult bosses from Mega Man 3, being Proto Man's origin.
1638049670100.png

In terms of his theme tune, there was actually a lot of potential here. I decided to go with a really cool variant of his main theme that I found in a chiptune style, but there's lots of alternate possibilities, such as the themes from the Dark Man Stages of Mega Man V, a remix of the Mega Man 3 theme, or even a sort of Mega Man 3 medley!

So, yeah. I think Proto Man would be a really cool pick as a character for DLC. I hope y'all do too!

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Sorry for the wait everyone, I'll submit a couple:
Gene (God Hand)
I have Suggestion for add this Character in tekken 7 (god hand) : r/Tekken

God Hand is a cult classic Capcom game that released a while ago on PS2. I don't really know much about his game but it's fairly popular and he's been requested for games like this for a while now. I also think some lesser known characters from the PS2 era should be in this game because that would be cool.

Crocodile (One Piece)
Crocodile - One Piece Sir Crocodile PNG Image | Transparent PNG Free  Download on SeekPNG

Crocodile is one of the seven warlords of the sea and the villain of the Alabasta saga, the first main saga that takes place in the grand line. He's really popular and is still regarded as one of the best villains in the series (Personally, he's easily my favorite) I think he would be good because villains are always cool in fighting games and he's one of the most iconic in the series. He would fight by using sand and can turn into sand.

With that, here are the options for Job #39. Please vote for your top three or two most wanted in order for both companies, your own submission can only be in second or third place.
Shonen Jump:
@Darkonedagger Hisoka
Jondolio Jondolio Killua
CheeseAnton CheeseAnton Dai
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Crocodile

Capcom:
@Darkonedagger Lady Dimitrescu
Jondolio Jondolio Arthur
CheeseAnton CheeseAnton Felicia
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 Proto Man
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Gene

My picks:
1. Hisoka
2. Croc
3. Killua

1. Dimitrescu
2. Arthur
3. Gene

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
1. Dai (fitting rival for Arthur)
2. Killua
3. Hisoka

1. Arthur
2. Proto Man
3. Dimitrescu

D

Deleted member

My picks:
1. Killua
2. Dai
3. Hisoka

1. Felica
2. Dimitrescu
3. Gene

Last edited by a moderator:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the Job #39 voting:
Hisoka 5
Killua 8
Dai 6
Crocodile 5

Lady Dimitrescu 9
Arthur 7
Felicia 4
Proto Man 2
Gene 2

And so Killua, Dai, Lady Dimitrescu and Arthur will be added as characters! Now onto the next job:

Job #40: Submit A Capcom And Shonen Jump Stage
You know the drill, for this one submit a capcom, shonen jump stage or both. They can correspond to the characters if you want. Please submit a location, explain where exactly the fight takes place, and any cameos.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Capcom: Demon Village (Ghosts 'n Goblins)
1638568399744.png

Based on the first area of the first stage, Demon Village is a map playable in UMvC3 and MvC3FOTW and would be a unique vibe as instead of being stationary you are on a moving raft.

EDIT: Sorry for the late edit, I was trying to find a DQ:TAOD stage but I just couldn't find any images to use. Sorry I can't act on what I said but I just couldn't make a stage.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Little question regarding Dai, are we gonna do a Sora thing where we only allow stuff originating from Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai, or am I allowed to have all of DQTAOD (like Slimes and other monsters featured in it). Asking because this determines if I submit a stage for it or not.

Capcom: Demon Village (Ghosts 'n Goblins)
View attachment 339480
Based on the first area of the first stage, Demon Village is a map playable in UMvC3 and MvC3FOTW and would be a unique vibe as instead of being stationary you are on a moving raft.

I swear my Shonen Jump stage submission will be more detailed, I just don't know much about GnG and didn't want it to not have a stage
Yeah I think things originating from other dragon quest games would be allowed but I think I’m gonna draw the line at specific locations from the dragon quest games being included

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Jump stage: Kame House
1638607067014.png

An iconic location from Dragon Ball, Kame House is the residence of Master Roshi (and also Krillin and his family for some reason) and serves as sort of the unofficial base of operation for the Dragon Team. It's also where Goku and Krillin trained under Roshi.

The fight would take place in front of the house and Roshi, Turtle, Launch, Bulma, Krillin, Oolong, Android 18 and possibly a few more of Goku's allies would appear in the background.

Capcom stage: Shopping District
1638607200795.png

Chun-Li's stage from Street Fighter 2. It would be basically the same as it was in that game.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Sorry about that delay everyone. I’ll submit a couple of stages and we will get to voting soon:

Yard (Resident Evil)

The yard in between the main house and old house from RE7. You play in the area right in front of the trailer

World Tournaments Arena

The stage is pretty self explanatory, it’s the tournament arena from dragon ball

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Since we don’t have any other shonen jump stages, Kame House and World Tournament Arena will both be added as stages. As for capcom stages, here are the options so please vote for your two most wanted, your own submission can only be in second place.
CheeseAnton CheeseAnton Demon Village
Jondolio Jondolio Shopping District
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Yard

My votes:
1. Demon Village
2. Shopping District

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’ll just end the voting now. Here are the results:
Demon Village 6
Shopping District 4
Yard 0

With that, Demon Village and Shopping District will be added. Alright so we have one more DLC character prompt to get to after this and honestly… I think this is gonna just be the final job for this thread and not do the stage job after this. So this is the last job we’re gonna do for this thread:

Job #41: Submit A DLC Character
Submit both a Capcom and Shonen Jump character to be added as DLC. Please submit a character, explain who they are and a bit about how they would fight, and why they should be in this game.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Resubmitting my favorites one last time, and hoping they get in

Shonen Jump: Shōyō Hinata (Haikyu!!)
1639849631376.png

Hinata is a first year at Karasuno High and is one of the Volleyball team's middle blockers. Being small, Hinata compensates by being able to jump high and dreams of being strong enough to spike past tall blockers.

Obviously he has the hurdle of realistically not being able to compete with characters like Goku, but considering we have characters like Frank West and Pheonix Wright the suspension of belief in the game is just enough to be able to visualize Hinata spiking Naruto. Which leads me to my main point, I don't think a sports character would ever be possible in another Shonen Jump crossover fighting game, and one of our leading philosophies is to give characters who otherwise had no chance a time to shine. Plus considering how popular Sports manga are for Shonen Jump and how well Haikyu!! did and was critically received, I think Hinata would be an excellent first impression to the game's DLC.

As to how he'll fight, he uses Volleyball tactics like Spiking, Setting, Dives, and could even be assisted by Kageyama who could set the ball. Also, Volleyballs could appear on screen and be hit by both players, I kind of see a Lethal League type deal but the volleyballs do significantly less damage and slow down over time (also, when a volleyball loses all momentum Kageyama would set them up until they are hit again). Hinata would also have a very high jump and be one of the game's fastest characters but isn't very strong

Lynne and Sissel (Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective)
1639849665926.png

Lynne and Sissel are the protagonists of the 2010 DS game
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective. Lynne's the optimistic and determined detective trying to prove Detective Jowd's (her hero) innocence, and Sissel's the amnesiac ghost trying to find out the cause of his death while looking after Lynne.

Reasons to add L&S are that they'd be fun additions character wise, GT : PD is a cult classic that is loved by those who played it so adding a rep would be magical to some people, they'd have a unique moveset not achievable by other characters, and lastly considering GT : PD was made by the creator of Ace Attorney having L&S be able to fight (with) Pheonix Wright would be amazing.

As for moveset potential, Lynne could be the main character you control (the one with the health bar) doing detective moves while Sissel controls objects and can do "Tricks" on objects (stuff like firing a gun and opening a door).

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Resubmitting Lord Raptor
Job 28

Lord Raptor (Darkstalkers)
View attachment 336814
Note: I have never played Darkstalkers, so I'm basically just writing what the Wikipedia page has to say on him with my own words

Lord Raptor is an undead rock guitarist who killed himself and hundreds of his fans in a live performance, and was resurrected as a Zombie by emperor Ozomu,
He's a very silly and over the top character who would fit right in a One Piece arc, and he's never been in a vs. game before, so I think we could really benefit from including him.
Jump character: Yuji Itadori (Jujutsu Kaisen)
1639850845794.png

Yuji is the main character of what seems to be Jump's new breakout hit series, Jujutsu Kaisen. After his grandfather told him on his deathbed to make sure that he dies surrounded by people by helping, Yuji happens to get involved in a supernatural event involving a curse that attacks his friend, which leads to swallow a finger of the ancient evil curse Ryomen Skuna, allowing Skuna to partially take control of his body.

However, Yuji is able to contain Skuna to an extent, and gets the ability to use Cursed Energy and enrolls in Jujutsu High, vowing to eat all of Skuna's fingers in order to follow his grandfather's instructions to help people by making sure Skuna is contained.

Yuji is both incredibly athletic and has the ability to control cursed energy, which for him translates to basically punching people really hard. However, he can also transform into Skuna on command, which would translate into this game by him being a stance character, as Skuna has a vastly different moveset and fighting styles compared to Yuji.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
For a Jump character, I'm going to re-submit Raoh from Fist of the North Star.

I'm assuming that we're allowed to submit one from each - correct me if I'm wrong.

Shonen Jump: Raoh (Fist of the North Star)

The adopted older brother of Kenshiro, also known as Ken-Oh (King of Fists). Raoh is someone who seeks to bring order to the nuclear wasteland by any means necessary, earning the nickname "The Conqueror of Century's End". With the desire to become the strongest, and a mastery of Hokuto Shinken the likes of which hasn't been seen in over a thousand years, Raoh is ruthless towards most people, only showing a well-hidden soft side to those he cares about (his biological brother Toki, along with Yuria and eventually Kenshiro), and is a more complicated character than he appears to be at first glance.

Raoh is very much someone who fights with brute force and overwhelming power. He's a mountain of a man (nearly seven feet tall, though often drawn larger), and is one of the few fighters in Fist of the North Star who can use ki energy to create ranged blasts. In addition, he eventually unlocks the hidden technique Muso Tensei, rendering him untouchable, though this would likely just be a special move like it is in some video games.

Raoh has appeared in numerous video games, like the Arc System Works fighting game, J Stars Victory Versus, the Dynasty Warriors spin-off, the Yakuza spin-off, and Jump Ultimate Stars, so there's no shortage of material to work with.
For Capcom, I'm going to submit Jon Talbain from Darkstalkers

A British martial artist werewolf, Jon Talbain has an unusual history with crossover fighting games - he gets left out of most of them. Marvel vs. Capcom 2? Despite being a game that reuses assets from all across Capcom and brings in Morrigan, Anakaris, Felicia, and B.B. Hood, he doesn't appear. Capcom Fighting Evolution, which went out of its way to not use the near-omnipresent Morrigan? Still doesn't appear, despite there being five Darkstalkers characters. (and the series doesn't have an especially big roster) Capcom vs. SNK? You guessed it, still absent. It's become something of a running gag at this point, despite him being a relatively popular character who's been in most if not all of the Darkstalkers games.

As for how he'd fight... he's a British martial artist werewolf from a fighting game series. Seriously, it writes itself. Here's footage from an arcade playthrough to give some idea of how he'd fight.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I will resubmit Monster Hunter
Monster Hunter Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite moves

I won't really go too in-depth now but monster hunter is easily one of the biggest capcom series and it hasn't been represented in here yet besides the kaiba fight and so I think it would be a good pick for DLC. Series that have representation in a fighting game crossover but not as a fighter are almost always prime candidates for DLC IMO. Except for smash maybe I guess.

And I’ll submit Saiki

Saiki is the main protagonist from a comedy/slice of life manga called The Disastorous Life of Saiki K. He was born with psychic powers but it ended up being more of a curse than a blessing to him for a lot of reasons like how he is constantly listening to people’s minds and is extremely powerful to the point that he can very easily hurt people in everyday situations. The manga series is funny and ridiculous but also explores a lot of realistic emotions someone would feel in that situation and what their life would be like.

He would fight with abilities he’s been shown to have in the series and would use some of the gags from the manga as attacks. He would also likely use other characters from the manga for attacks and would probably have at least one counter move since he can read peoples minds. Some of the potential interactions he could have would be hilarious as well.
(also we should incorporate the toilet paper spear in one of his attacks and then have an interaction where phoenix wright says it reminds him of “a certain someones hair,” referencing klavier gavin)

D

Deleted member

Pegasus Seiya

Saint Seiya is a classic and beloved series that has been left out of our roster so far. Seiya usually makes it into these jump crososvers and there would likely be a lot of demand for his inclusion here.

Edward Falcon

Power Stone is a very fondly remembered game, and has a very shonen-y vibe that would fit into this game well.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Well everyone, here are the options for Job #41. Of course, the last job of this thread! Please vote for your top three most wanted Capcom and Shonen Jump characters. Your own submission can only be in second or third place.

Shonen Jump:
CheeseAnton CheeseAnton Shoyo Hinata
Jondolio Jondolio Yuji
Megadoomer Megadoomer Raoh
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Saiki
@Darkonedagger Seiya

Capcom:
CheeseAnton CheeseAnton Lyne & Sissel
Jondolio Jondolio Lord Raptor
Megadoomer Megadoomer Jon Talbain
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Monster Hunter
@Darkonedagger Edward Falcon

My votes:
1. Raoh
2. Yuji
3. Saiki

1. Edward Falcon
2. Monster Hunter
3. Lyne & Sissel

Jondolio

Smash Hero
1. Seiya
2. Yuji
3. Saiki

1. Lynne & Sissel
2. Lord Raptor
3. Edward Falcon

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Saiki
2. Raoh
3. Yuji

1. Edward Falcon
2. Lord Raptor
3. Jon Talbain

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
1. Seiya. He's one of the single biggest snubs on our roster's Jump side, get him in
2. Yuji
3. Saiki

1. Falcon
2. Monster Hunter
3. Raptor

D

Deleted member

1. Yuiji
2. Saiya
3. Saki

1. Hunter
2. Falcon
3. Lyne and Sissel

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Alright, here we go. The results of the voting of the final job of this thread:
Shoyo Hinata 0
Yuji 10
Raoh 5
Saiki 7
Seiya 8

Lyne & Sissel 5
Lord Raptor 5
Jon Talbain 1
Monster Hunter 7
Edward Falcon 12

And so the final characters to be added are: Yuji, Seiya, Monster Hunter and Edward Falcon.

I wanna thank everyone for participating in this thread and submitting content. It was really fun doing this with everyone and I think we have a pretty good roster.
I’ll leave submissions for DLC characters alternate costumes open for a few days and after that I’ll finish the thread. Thanks again everyone!

Alright, here we go. The results of the voting of the final job of this thread:
Shoyo Hinata 0
Yuji 10
Raoh 5
Saiki 7
Seiya 8

Lyne & Sissel 5
Lord Raptor 5
Jon Talbain 1
Monster Hunter 7
Edward Falcon 12

And so the final characters to be added are: Yuji, Seiya, Monster Hunter and Edward Falcon.

I wanna thank everyone for participating in this thread and submitting content. It was really fun doing this with everyone and I think we have a pretty good roster.
I’ll leave submissions for DLC characters alternate costumes open for a few days and after that I’ll finish the thread. Thanks again everyone!
This thread was so good that it can get a sequel someday. One man can dream about it.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Gonna submit some costumes for the DLC now
Yuji Itadori: Yellow Hoodie
1640556379896.png

The outfit Yuji wore before he ate fingers, I think this would be a neat outfit to include.

Tequila Joseph
1640557337005.png

One of Josephs most known looks, this form has been in some of the modern JoJo crossover games so it makes sense to be here.

Kurama: Kurapika Recolor
1640558711139.png

Both Kurama and Kurapika are well-liked characters with similar enough personality, and I would've loved to see them be in the same fighting game. However Jondolio was way more passionate about Killua getting in and I couldn't possibly submit Kurapika with the chance of ruining Killua's chances, so I wanted Kurama to get a Kurapika recolor instead. Kurama would get blonde hair and his suit gets more Blue and Yellow and White.

Kira and Kira color swaps:
1640557482370.png
1640557653129.png

When making a crossover fighting game it's always great to have some crossover fun, and I don't think these Kira's are going to be in a crossover fighting game again so let's have somewhat cheap color swaps where Yoshikage has brown hair and a brown suit while Light has Blonde Hair and a purple suit.

Phoenix Wright: Sissel and Lynne recolor
1640556974233.png

As we all know, everyone wanted Lynne and Sissel, everyone not just me it was absolutely everyone don't think about it, but unfortunately they never got in due to time constraints and being out prioritized. I was hoping they can somewhat get in as costumes, they had some in MvC3 so why not here?
Also since this thread is basically done can we expect the fighting crossover creation thread to come back soon?

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Decided to make a visual for this game's roster. Looking back it is interesting just how much Shonen Jump has changed since we last did this, I mean we didn't even include Chainsaw Man and the JJK character was only the last DLC character haha. There are a few picks in general I would change but hey we got a pretty interseting collection of characters
(that gap is where random and random all can go)

Top Bottom