• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Pop Culture Clash

Should Godzilla and King Kong be swapped for MechaGodzilla and MechaniKong as bosses?

• Yes

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Only Godzilla/MechaGodzilla

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Only King Kong/MechaniKong

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Here we are with all the LEGO Packs!
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds SEGA Pack
Otoad64 Otoad64 Star Wars Pack
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast Marvel Comics Pack
HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64 Nintendo Pack
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario The Simpsons Pack
@Darkonedagger DC Pack
Pokelego999 Pokelego999 Minifigures Pack
DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 Disney Pack
AlRex AlRex LEGO Original Series Pack
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 Ideas/CUUSOO Pack
AirMac1 AirMac1 Legends of Professional Wrestling Pack

I think two will come from this. As for me:
1. Ideas/CUUSOO Pack
2. Minifigures Pack
3. LEGO Original Series Pack

A lot of big packs here, any assortment could be interesting.
Star Wars
Nintendo
Ideas

AlRex

Smash Lord
Here are the votes for the first two LEGO Fighters packs!
Ideas: 15
Minifigures: 5
LEGO Original: 15
SEGA: 6
Simpsons: 5
Star Wars: 6
DC: 5
Pro Wrestling: 5
Marvel: 4
Disney: 4
Nintendo: 2
Given that they both tied, anyways, we will get KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 's Ideas Pack and my own LEGO Original Series Pack!

Our next job will be this one, indeed...
Job #59: Items for any of the playable series that haven’t got any yet.
No items are currently here for DC, Marvel, Disney, Looney Tunes, Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon, Sonic, Muppets/Sesame Street, Alien, Nightmare on Elm Street, RoboCop, Dracula/Castlevania (if you want), Dr. Seuss, Christmas, McDonald’s/fast food, or Transformers. The top three (or maybe even four) voted here will be what we select.

Here's one from me.
1649207581673.png

Boomerang Fish (The Muppet Show)
Thrown by Lew Zealand, these are fish that act like boomerangs. So it'd be a pretty standard boomerang item, but it'd either look like a realistic or Muppet fish.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Christmas Surprise!
Series: Christmas

The item will spawn as a Christmas Star like ones at the top of a tree. Upon throwing the item, it will plant itself in the ground, with the top of the star sticking out. If someone steps on it (outside of the thrower), a Christmas Tree will suddenly spin out of the ground, acting as a multi hit that traps the person in the tree's attack until it finishes, knocking the person away when it does so. The tree will remain for a few moments before leaving. As the tree spins out, various Christmas themed symbols, such as Candy Canes, Snowmen, Gingerbread Men, Ornaments, and Stockings will appear to be flying off the tree, though these are purely for decoration rather then having an actual effect.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
The Tesseract (Marvel)

The Tesseract is one of the 6 Infinity Stones, the Space Stone. When you use it, it will create a portal. You can create 2 different portals that you can teleport between. If you use it and 2 portals are already active, you will replace the oldest one.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Item Name: Green Kryptonite
Item Origin: DC Comics

1649211323869.png

Rather than working like Kryptonite does canonically, in this case, it'd be more of a representation of Kryptonite on a conceptual level. When summoned, the Kryptonite will sit on the stage and emanate a circular green field of energy around it. Any fighter that enters the field is actively affected by the Kryptonite - decreasing their attack power, defence power, and speed, which overall makes them much weaker. Even passing in range for a moment will afflict you - and the effect remains in place even if you're outside of the field, for up to 10 seconds. Essentially, it's the ultimate stage control gambit. Do you risk trying to head through, and taking your chances - or do you try and use ranged attacks through the field of radiation? The choice is yours.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 57:Seven Dragon Balls (Dragon Ball)

the seven dragon balls are objects from Dragon Ball franchise, the dragon balls are like the magic lamp from Aladdin with the chaos emeralds from Sonic.

the seven dragon balls would be a combining item,similar to Dragoon and Daybreak on smash,but instead of collect 3 pieces are collect 7 pieces (or better,7 balls),when the player collected all 7 dragon balls,appears Shenron into the stage, shenron gives the playable character who collected all 7 dragon balls random things as heal the playable character,gives a random item (execpt the dragon balls) for playable character,grow character's size (similar to super mushroom) or gives the character an extra life (this just happen on stock battles)

Resubmitting ACME Anvil.
Acme Anvil (Looney Tunes)

ACME Anvil is one of items that exist in Looney Tunes universe and it's an Anvil that falls down on character and it squished him brutally by Toon physics.

When summoned, you can throw it on opponent to stun it with great vertical knockback effect (It could also bury someone when perfectly landed on opponent). You can drop it on Someone while mid-air (Also, it Spikes the opponent when touched the Anvil) like Steve's Down Air.
Also a song submission for Spiderman section:
  • "Something just like this" - Chainsmokers ft. Coldplay (It also appears in Superman stage) (It mentions Spiderman)
  • "Venom" - Eminem
  • "Last one standing" - Skylar Grey ft. Eminem, Mozzy and Polo G (From Venom: Let there be carnage)

Also for Obstacle Course:
- Main Theme - Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout

AlRex

Smash Lord
It's been three days, it seems. :O
Because of that, I'll have both the vote for the items...and a new character job!

AlRex AlRex Boomerang Fish (The Muppet Show)
Pokelego999 Pokelego999 Christmas Surprise (Christmas)
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast Happy Meal (McDonald’s)
Otoad64 Otoad64 The Tesseract (Marvel)
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 Green Kryptonite (Superman/DC Comics)
DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 Seven Dragon Balls (Dragon Ball)
cashregister9 cashregister9 M41A Pulse Rifle (Alien)
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Acme Anvil (Looney Tunes)

My personal votes
1. Happy Meal
2. Green Kryptonite
3. Boomerang Fish

As well as...
Job #60: Submit an alien character!
Greylien.png

I’m going incredibly broad and submitting the Grey Alien/Little Green Man. With various devices, like rayguns and flying saucers, these guys are small, but you should not judge them by their size.

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
1. Kryptonite
2. Tesseract
3. Happy Meal

Yoda
1649553000815.png

We may already have one Star Wars character, but it would just feel wrong to have a sith without a jedi. Yoda could have a unique playstyle given his agility and small stature, and would represent aspects of the series Vader does not, such as the alien races, the jedi, the prequels, etc.

Attachments

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Seven Dragon Balls
2. Happy Meal
3. Acme Anvil

Job 60: E.T.

170px-E.T._figure_at_Madame_Tussauds_London.jpg

I know the movies section is bloated right now but I do not think we have a character to represent the Steven Spielberg movies. E.T. The Extra Terrestrial was one of the highest grossing films of all time for 11 years and has been a blockbuster. Also, the movie received probably the most infamous and crappiest video game on Earth on the Atari 2600. I can't imagine how E.T. would fight. Maybe with Elliott, bicycle attacks, alien powers, who knows? But, I feel E.T. is the best choice to fill the quota for Spielberg movies.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
It's been three days, it seems. :O
Because of that, I'll have both the vote for the items...and a new character job!

AlRex AlRex Boomerang Fish (The Muppet Show)
Pokelego999 Pokelego999 Christmas Surprise (Christmas)
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast Happy Meal (McDonald’s)
Otoad64 Otoad64 The Tesseract (Marvel)
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 Green Kryptonite (Superman/DC Comics)
DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 Seven Dragon Balls (Dragon Ball)
cashregister9 cashregister9 M41A Pulse Rifle (Alien)
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Acme Anvil (Looney Tunes)

My personal votes
1. Happy Meal
2. Green Kryptonite
3. Boomerang Fish

As well as...
Job #60: Submit an alien character!
View attachment 349856
I’m going incredibly broad and submitting the Grey Alien/Little Green Man. With various devices, like rayguns and flying saucers, these guys are small, but you should not judge them by their size.
Martian (War of the Worlds)
View attachment 346582
A bit of an odd one, the Martians from the War of the Worlds would definitely be a fitting pick stating the iconicity of the War of the Worlds and the iconic Martian Tripod. Owing to the lack of fighting ability, the Martian would be a ranged character, inside of a scaled down tripod. The tripod itself would be among the tallest characters in the game, towering over smaller characters, but would be no bigger than how tall Ridley is in Smash Ultimate at his full height. The Martians would attack using the arms of the tripod, as well as with other Martian weapons such as the Heat-Ray, Black Smoke, and Red Weed. (Which would be weaker than the ones seen in the novel due to the smaller size of the tripod) These ranged weapons make it so the Martian acts as a trapper/sniper type of character, as its large size makes it easier to take down up close and leaves it vulnerable around there.
Resubmitting Martians

Pulse Rifle
Kryptonite
Happy Meal

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
1. Happy Meal
2. Tesseract
3. Seven Dragon Balls

Job 60:Predator

The Predator (also known as Yautja) is eponymous Main Villain from a movie franchise. the predator is a extraterrestrial species that lives on a planet called Yautja Prime and he is a hunter who collects skulls of other species (including human skull).

The Predator is a character very iconic of Sci-Fi movies and Horror movies,Predator appears in Fortnite,in Mortal Kombat X as a guest fighter,in South Park,in Robot Chicken,in Call of Duty:Ghosts and in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon:Wildlands and have a lot of references about Predator. and Predator fought against Xenomorph, yep. Xenomorph Vs. Predator in one of most famous rivalries in film and pop culture,there are comic books,a movie duology and many games.

we have other famous rivalries on Pop Culture Clash,Mario Vs. Sonic, Goku Vs. Sailor Moon and Mickey Mouse Vs. Bugs Bunny,and why not add Predator for complete more one rivalry?

My votes:
1. Happy Meal
2. ACME Anvil
3. Kryptonite (It was one of ideas and I'm happy about it)

I'm going with something weirder...

Space Invaders (Square Enix/Taito)

I know I know It's very weird submission, but hear me out.
Who are these guys?
Space Invaders are Enemies, who descend down on Earth and they attack the player with pellets from their mouths and the player needs to shoot at the with Cannon in order to defeat them before they touch the ground and GAME OVER.
Their game was made in 1978 by Japanese video game company Taito, which it was acquired by Square-Enix back in 2005.
Space Invaders are one of greatest video game icons and they are considered as one of important characters to the gaming. Even the crab is Pop-Cultural icon that represents video games, especially the early ones that debuted in 70's and early 80's.

How they could work in Pop Cultural platform Fighter?
Okay, I know some of you argue that Space Invaders can fit as assists or stage Hazards, but they have moveset potential, like they could allude to different Taito games like Duck Hunt alludes to NES Zapper games. They also could have original Moves like they could attack with their tentacles or something like that. Their super moves would be very creative like basically game of Arkanoid or maybe alien Invasion descending down to terrorize the stage.

They could be Trio fighters (Like Ice Climbers, but with third member) and they are not depicted as Voxels, but rather modernized that they resemble our real animals (Crab enemy looks like Crab for example), but they still are aliens from outer space.

Why Space Invaders?
I submit them, because they could represent the early Era of video games and he could be arcade representants that would join the roster. Also they could be wild/weird choice for the roster, but it doesn't mean that they can't join roster, since they are important to video game culture.
Space Invaders is also one most influential sci-fi games and without them we wouldn't see Shoot em up games, which they were also important for game industry.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
1. Happy Meal
2. Christmas Surprise
3. Green Kryptonite

As for the character...

Character Name: Ben Tennyson
Character Series: Ben 10

"Now wait a second. Ben is a human, you cretin!"

Well, yes, but my thinking here is based on Ben's ability to transform into different aliens (which is kinda his whole schtick.) Given his main mechanic is the ability to transform into aliens, it seems illogical for him to just have to stay as a human, right? As for which ones? Well, go wild! With various different series (such as classic, Alien Force, Ultimate Alien and more), each comes with an all new cast of aliens to transform into! There's powerhouses like Four Arms and Humungosaur, small fry like Echo Echo and Grey Matter, hotheads like Heatblast and Swampfire... the possibilities are endless!

In terms of representation, this could just be a representation of Ben 10, or of CN as a whole if you wanted. (BUT IF YOU DON'T GIVE HIM AN ALT BASED ON GENERATOR REX IMMA CRY)

(Feel free to tell me if this is inelegible, however.)

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
I am going to submit Stitch from Disney's Lilo and Stitch for Job 60. He is an alien who escaped to an island and made friends with a family there.

He can shoot energy pistols, roll into a ball, and use his super-strength. One of his super moves could be riding in his red spaceship.

We need a representative for animated films, and Stitch is one of the obvious picks.

1. Kryptonite
2. Tesseract
3. Dragon Balls

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
Happy Meal: 21
Kryptonite: 10
Boomerang Fish: 1
Christmas Surprise: 3
ACME Anvil: 6
Tesseract: 6
Dragon Balls: 6
Pulse Rifle: 3

Based on the votes, we’ll have the Happy Meal and the Green Kryptonite, submitted by AlteredBeast AlteredBeast and KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 respectively!

AlRex AlRex Little Green Man/Grey Alien
@Darkonedagger The Doctor (Doctor Who)
AirMac1 AirMac1 Chewbacca (Star Wars)
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario ALF
Otoad64 Otoad64 Yoda (Star Wars)
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast E.T.
DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 Predator
Oddball Oddball Spock (Star Trek)
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Space Invaders
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 Ben Tennyson (Ben 10)
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Stitch (Lilo & Stitch)

My personal votes
1. The Doctor
2. Mr. Spock
3. ALF [just narrowly over E.T.]

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Spock
2. Doctor
3. ET

1. The Doctor (We need him most in the roster)
2. Space Invaders (You can be creative with Space Invaders in terms of moveset)
3. Predator (Well, I like him)

All picks were solid, so shout-out to all picks that were submitted.
Him?

I'm aware she's leaving the role but I had to :p.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Happy Meal: 21
Kryptonite: 10
Boomerang Fish: 1
Christmas Surprise: 3
ACME Anvil: 6
Tesseract: 6
Dragon Balls: 6
Pulse Rifle: 3

Based on the votes, we’ll have the Happy Meal and the Green Kryptonite, submitted by AlteredBeast AlteredBeast and KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 respectively!

AlRex AlRex Little Green Man/Grey Alien
@Darkonedagger The Doctor (Doctor Who)
AirMac1 AirMac1 Chewbacca (Star Wars)
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario ALF
Otoad64 Otoad64 Yoda (Star Wars)
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast E.T.
DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 Predator
Oddball Oddball Spock (Star Trek)
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Space Invaders
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 Ben Tennyson (Ben 10)
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Stitch (Lilo & Stitch)

My personal votes
1. The Doctor
2. Mr. Spock
3. ALF [just narrowly over E.T.]
The Doctor
E.T
Spock

A lot of really good choices, but I'm mainly gunning for The Doctor as they're a very needed part of the roster in my opinion

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
1. The Doctor (huge "bri'ish bias" here but yeah like doctor who was a huge part of my childhood like wow that'd be cool to see here)
2. Spock (i know next to nothing about star trek but i know it's important so like, he seems obvious to me. idk if i'd have him on his own like maybe pair him up with captain kirk but yeah he'd be cool to see)
3. Space Invaders (they'd be so weird i think it'd be fun like just a lil space invader would be kinda cute ngl)

Top Bottom