• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Pop Culture Clash

Should Godzilla and King Kong be swapped for MechaGodzilla and MechaniKong as bosses?

• Yes

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Only Godzilla/MechaGodzilla

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Only King Kong/MechaniKong

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Summon Name: The Prism
Summon "Series": Pink Floyd
Summon Origin: Dark Side of the Moon (Album, 1973)

Who doesn't love collecting albums? I think that if we're going for the "gotta catch 'em all" style gameplay, then a wacky thing like this seems fun. When summoned, the Prism will simply sit on the ground... but suddenly, a beam of white light will shoot from the sky, hitting the prism - and from the other side will spring a rainbow! Whilst the rainbow does damage if it hits you directly, it's interesting in that it acts as a platform that can be stood on. The angle will slightly change over time as the angle of the laser changes - and if the Prism is hit, it'll move, moving the platform with it! (Notably, the white laser isn't a platform.) It'll stay on stage for around 30 seconds before the light goes out and the Prism disappears by ascending to the great gig in the sky.

Need I say why this should be represented somehow? Dark Side of the Moon is one of the best-selling albums ever, a work of auditory (and visual!) art, and the source of endless band kids asking what brand you're wearing and, in response, asking who "Pink Floyd" is. The icongraphy of this art alone is baked into pop culture as a cornerstone of an entire format of entertainment, a representation of albums as a whole (and far more appropriate than other artistic covers like Nirvana's Nevermind.)

Also, I should explain this - the concept is based on, well, the very concept of collecting. One of the biggest things for people to collect (aside from maybe stamps and coins) is albums, because if it wasn't, you wouldn't have had folks in the 90s and 00s diving through crates of endless records looking for samples of Doctor in Distress for their new jungle album that'll sell like two copies! Whilst it's not a Pokemon, or from another monster collecting game, the very concept of collecting that's such an integral part of those games has a basis in earlier forms - and before you whippersnappers had those Gamey Boys and Nintendoes, we had good old vinyl players! (why am I saying this I'm literally 18)

But yeah, feel free to tell me if this isn't allowed or something of the like but I hope it's at least somewhat of interest.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Red Puffle (Club Penguin)
F1C6E6A8-9446-4F10-B63B-8BAF5470DDBF.png

When summoned, the Red Puffle will ride across the stage on a surfboard on top of a wave. Anyone that gets caught in the hit by the wave will be sucked in and thrown out at one of the ends of the stage. The Red Puffle itself can also perform tricks with the surfboard that could hurt anyone in the air around it. It will surf back and fourth from each end of the stage doing tricks, until it’s time for it to go.

AlRex

Smash Lord
Here are our Pokémon...so to speak...
AlRex AlRex Shoe (South Park)
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast Agumon (Digimon)
Baysha Baysha Cat
@Darkonedagger Suezo (Monster Rancher)
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Jack Frost (Shin Megami Tensei)
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Zbtb7
HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64 Jibanyan (Yo-Kai Watch)
DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 Blue-Eyes White Dragon (Yu-Gi-Oh!)
Pokelego999 Pokelego999 Palkia (Pokémon Diamond & Pearl)
Otoad64 Otoad64 MissingNo (Pokémon Red & Blue)
AirMac1 AirMac1 Wracky (Monster Rancher)
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 The Prism (Pink Floyd)
evanwoo10 evanwoo10 Red Puffle (Club Penguin)

I think I'll be selecting at least three from this, so the voting will be like this:
1. Zbtb7
2. Agumon
3. MissingNo
4. Shoe

AlRex

Smash Lord
Zbtb7: 6
Agumon: 29
MissingNo: 31
Shoe: 5
Jack Frost: 9
Cat: 12
Suezo: 7
Red Puffle: 2
Palkia: 2
Blue-Eyes White Dragon: 4
Wracky: 3
Jibanyan: 0
The Prism: 0

This means we'll be adding AlteredBeast AlteredBeast 's Agumon, Otoad64 Otoad64 's MissingNo, and Baysha Baysha 's Cat. Not their actual cat, as far as I know, but who knows?

Job #58: Submit a LEGO Fighters Pack.
These will work like the Mii Fighter Pack submissions do in the Fourth Party Fighter’s Pass thread. Basically, you’ll submit a good few costume ideas (around 6 to 12) for the LEGO Fighters, with each pack oriented around a specific theme. You can also specify whether the costume or costume piece is applicable to Brawlers, Bonkers, or Bashers [see the LEGO Fighters doc for explanation], or is just generally applicable to all LEGO Fighters. The top two or three voted on here may be selected from this job. You’ll be happy to know that, even if a character is also a LEGO Fighter, they are not necessarily deconfirmed.

Job 58:
SEGA Lego Fighter PACK:

1. Gilius Thunderhead (Headgear + Outfit) (Bonker) (Uses his axe)
2. Alex Kidd (Headgear + Outfit) (Brawler)
3. Akira Yuki (Headgear + Outfit) (Brawler)
4. Axel Stone (Headgear + Outfit) (Brawler)
5. Ulala (Headgear + Outfit) (Blaster) (Uses her blaster)
6. Vyse (Headgear + Outfit) (Bonker) (Uses his sword)
7. Joker (Headgear + Outfit) (Blaster) (Uses his gun)

I nominate this pack, because it would represent the History of SEGA.

Did I followed the prompt?

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 58:

Marvel Comics Pack

1. Thor (Bonker)
2. The Hulk (Brawler)
3. Captain America (Brawler)
4. Iron Man (Blaster, he will have his hand as the gun)
5. Black Widow (Blaster, she will use a handgun)
6. Wolverine (Brawler)
7. Star-Lord (Blaster)
8. Captain Marvel (Brawler)
9. Black Panther (Brawler)
10. Thanos (Brawler)
11. Falcon (Brawler)
12. Scarlet Witch (Brawler)

Why not make the first LEGO Fighters pack based off of a brand that they have collaborated with plus Marvel has tons of cool ideas for LEGO Fighters?

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The Simpsons pack
  1. Homer (Basher)
  2. Bart (Bonker with a skateboard or Basher)
  3. Marge (Blaster or Bonker with vacuum for both)
  4. Maggie (Blaster with a pistol)
  5. Flanders (Bonker with a crucifix)
  6. Krusty (Blaster with a water flower)
  7. Mr. Burns (Basher)
  8. Moe (Blaster with a beer cup)
  9. Groundskeeper Willie (Bonker with a rake)
  10. Hans Moleman (Bonker with cane knife)
  11. Otto (Basher)
  12. Sideshow Bob (Bonker with a knife)
  13. Itchy (Bonker with a chainsaw, Basher with knuckle dusters, or Blaster with a tommy gun)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

DC Pack
1. Batman (Brawler)
2. Wonder Woman (Bonker. Uses Lasso)
3. Flash (Brawler)
4. Aquaman (Bonker. Uses Trydent)
5. Green Lantern (Hal Jordon)
6. Green Arrow (Blaster)
7. Robin (Brawler)
8. Catwoman (Bonker. Uses her whip.)
9. Joker (Blaster. Uses a pop gun)
10. Harley Quinn (Bonker. Uses her malllet)
11. Deathstroke (Blaster)
12. Lex Luthor (Blaster. Uses a Krytonite gun)

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Minifigures Pack
Demolition Dummy
1648843674625.png

Vampire
1648843950440.png

Mime
1648843976492.png

Gorilla Suit Guy
1648844002186.png

Clockwork Robot
1648844121860.png

Samurai Warrior
1648843987699.png
(Attacks with sword)

Viking
1648844067530.png
(Attacks with axe)

Ice Fisherman
1648844105324.png
(Attacks with fishing rod with fish on the end)

Mr. Gold
1648844226681.png
(Attacks with cane)

Forestman
1648843841809.png
(Attacks with bow)

Lizard Man
1648844089371.png
(Attacks with flame breath)

Saxophone Player
1648844250861.png
(Attacks with sound from Saxophone)

I tried to get a good variety of Minifigures in here with a variety of styles. Hopefully this is good.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 58:Disney Pack

1.Hercules (Bonker)
2.Aladdin (Bonker)
3.Winnie The Pooh (Brawler)
4.Stitch (lilo & stitch) (Blaster with the Plasma Blaster)
5.Scrouge McDuck (Bonker with the walking stick)
6.Beast (the belle and the beast) (Brawler)
7.Dipper Pines (gravity falls) (Brawler)
8.Mabel Pines (gravity falls) (Brawler)
9.Judy Hopps (zootopia) (Brawler)
10.Nick Wilde (Brawler)
11.Jack Sparrow (pirates of the caribiean) (Bonker)
12.Oswald The Lucky Rabbit (Brawler)

AlRex

Smash Lord
LEGO introduces itself with...itself!
LEGO Original Series
Pepper Roni (LEGO Island) (Bonker, uses his skateboard)
The Brickster (LEGO Island) (Brawler)
Tahu (Bionicle) (Bonker)
Lloyd (Ninjago) (Bonker)
Emmet (The LEGO Movie) (Any type, since he’s a Master Builder)
Wyldstyle (The LEGO Movie) (Any type, since she’s a Master Builder)
Chase McCain (LEGO City Undercover) (Blaster, uses a special gun)
Monkie Kid (LEGO Monkie Kid) (Bonker, uses his staff)
Mr. Gold (Bonker, uses his staff)
Skeleton (Any type, will use a giant bone as a Bonker and a bone-like gun as a Blaster) [is "Skeleton" really a series? No. But I like skeletons.]
Clutch Powers (Brawler)
Johnny Thunder (LEGO Adventurers) (Blaster, uses a gun)

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Job #58:
Well... let's do something a little bizarre: the Ideas/CUUSOO pack! Each character here is, in some way, a representative of an official LEGO Ideas set (or CUUSOO, as it used to be known.)

1. Steve (Bonker, using a Diamond Sword piece as seen in the modern Minecraft theme. This is based on the third CUUSOO set, LEGO Minecraft - although the original set was in microscale.)
2. Marty McFly (Either a Bonker, using his electric guitar as we saw in Dimensions, or just a Brawler. This is based on the DeLorean set.)
3. Peter Venkman (He's a Blaster, using his Proton Pack to his advantage. This is of course based on the classic Ecto-1 set.)
4. Classic Astronaut (I'd say a Blaster, with that classic Space look. This is based on the Exo-Suit set - a sort of "Neo-Space" theming we've seen since with characters like Benny in The LEGO Movie.)
5. Sheldon Cooper (Brawler, this being based on the The Big Bang Theory set. I think he's probably the best representative of the set overall.)
6. The Doctor (Bonker - though I considered a Brawler, he'd fight with his Sonic Screwdriver. This could go several ways, but most likely with the 12th Doctor given he was the "main character" seen in the original TARDIS set.)
7. Paul McCartney (Brawler, though this could be any of the Beatles as seen in Yellow Submarine. I just decided Paul would be a good fit!)
8. Finn the Human (Bonker, though we're going to use the minifigure seen in Dimensions, similar to how Steve's design is based on his actual minifig. He uses his sword!)
9. Sam Flynn (I'd say a Brawler, though he could use his Identity Disc for some attacks. As you can imagine, he's based on the Tron: Legacy set.)
10. Fred Flintstone (I'd say a Bonker, using a traditional club moreso in reference to cavemen as a whole. He's a representative of the Flintstones set.)
11. Mickey Mouse (Brawler, specifically in his classic design as seen in the Steamboat Willie set. I think you could add his modern colouration in as a bonus though! You could even take the extra step of making the steering wheel seen in his collectable minifigure into a weapon he could use as a Bonker.)
12. Ross Geller (Brawler. Arguably the main character of Friends? There's not really all too much to work with here, but I feel like Friends is a really important thing to represent somehow or other. He represents the Central Perk set.)
13. Elmo (Brawler. I had to take a lot of deliberation as to whether to include more characters from the Sesame Street set, but I felt it'd be slightly unfair, so I went with the most popular single character - though admittedly, I came close to adding Bert as well.)
14. Winnie the Pooh (Blaster, with him using blasts from his jar of honey. I think it'd be wacky enough to work. Also, this is based on the self-titled Winnie the Pooh set. As you can tell, this game is now banned in China.)
15. Jerry Seinfeld (Brawler? The problem with him, Ross and Sheldon is there's not much to work with. Let's just go with this. Of course, this is based on the Seinfeld set. Oh, and he fights with his microphone!)
16. Sonic (Brawler. Sonic felt like an obvious choice, plus he's already pretty popular from Dimensions. Of course this is based on his Green Hill Zone set.)

As you can tell, I've made some cuts - but the only real cuts have been either real people (aside from Paul, who's playing a fictionalised version of himself in Yellow Submarine anyway) and some of the sets that don't have obvious minifigures - or minfigs at all! (Most notably Voltron and Wall-E, despite me genuinely considering adding the latter in a similar appearance to his look in the LEGO Incredibles game.) Also, there's a few Ideas sets coming up (such as Starry Night) and likely others in the future, these are just selected based on, well, right now. The choice of there being 16 characters harkens back to the original Minifigures line, with earlier Series often having 16 characters a piece (or a 17th "special" character.)

1648909928457.png

Last edited:

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
Job #58: Legeneds of Professional Wrestling Pack
1. “Stone Cold” Steve Austin (Brawler)
2. The Undertaker (Brawler)
3. Razor Ramon (Brawler)
4. Diesel (Brawler)
5. Shawn Michaels (Brawler)
6. Triple H (Bonker, using his signature sledgehammer)
7. X-Pac (Brawler)
8. Chris Jericho (Brawler)
9: Big Boss Man (Bonker, using his signature nightstick)
10: The Mountie (Blaster, using his signature shock stick/taser)
11: Sting (Bonker, using his signature black baseball bat)
12: Tommy Dreamer (Brawler)
13: The Sandman (Bonker, with his signature Singapore cane)
14: Shane Douglas (Brawler)

AlRex

Smash Lord
Here we are with all the LEGO Packs!
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds SEGA Pack
Otoad64 Otoad64 Star Wars Pack
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast Marvel Comics Pack
HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64 Nintendo Pack
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario The Simpsons Pack
@Darkonedagger DC Pack
Pokelego999 Pokelego999 Minifigures Pack
DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 Disney Pack
AlRex AlRex LEGO Original Series Pack
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 Ideas/CUUSOO Pack
AirMac1 AirMac1 Legends of Professional Wrestling Pack

I think two will come from this. As for me:
1. Ideas/CUUSOO Pack
2. Minifigures Pack
3. LEGO Original Series Pack

A lot of big packs here, any assortment could be interesting.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
1. Minifigures. There's tons of variety in both characters and parts here, and it's a really fun mishmash of ideas whilst representing LEGO itself really well! Also, I just adore the concept of the saxophone player using a saxophone as a ranged weapon.

2. Original Series. I feel like this is a pretty obvious pick too - with plenty of variety in the ideas we can see here as well as representing a wide range of different LEGO IPs both old and new, I love the vibes this gives and it feels like a great starting point!

3. The Simpsons. There's a ton of both obvious, and obscure, picks here. Whilst I love the idea of other packs we can see here, I really like that this pack isn't afraid to show off some more unusual but still befitting picks - a vibe we often get from actual LEGO games!

Top Bottom