• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Pop Culture Clash

Should Godzilla and King Kong be swapped for MechaGodzilla and MechaniKong as bosses?

• Yes

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Only Godzilla/MechaGodzilla

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Only King Kong/MechaniKong

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Michael Myers (Halloween)
5CFFB29E-EA93-44B0-A6CB-995E982E6F86.png

Michael Myers is the main slasher villain in the iconic horror movie series, Halloween. Michael was once the son of Edith and Peter Myers. On the Halloween night of 1963, Michael (6 years old at the time) in a clown costume, murders his older sister, Judith Myers with a butcher knife. When his parents got home, they saw Michael standing outside with the butcher knife covered in her blood. Michael was taken to Smith’s Grove Sanitarium and became a patient to Dr. Samuel Loomis. For years he barely moved and never spoke a word, seen by many to be nothing but an empty shell. Loomis spent eight years trying to reach him and another seven trying to keep him locked up. He knew deep down that what was inside Michael was purely and simply evil, not a man or human.

What Dr. Loomis said was proven correct when Michael Myers escaped from Smith’s Grove Sanitarium on October 30, 1978. Michael stole Dr. Loomis’ car and took off from the facility to his old family home in the city of Haddonfield that was recently put up for sale. The next day, a teenager by the name of Laurie Strode would drop off a key of the Myer’s house for her father. That encounter would effect Laurie Strode for the rest of her life. That Halloween night, Michael went on a killing spree. Michael killed all of Laurie Strode’s friends in violent gruesome ways. He saved Laurie for last and did everything he could to finish her off, but she luckily survived by defending herself. That night would haunt Laurie and Haddonfield for years.

After the first movie, Michael went on to have eleven more films, branching off into different stories, timelines, and plot points. Michael, along with Leatherface, helped kickstart the horror slasher genre boom of the 1980s. Many would try to copy and make their own films in the same slasher style. If it wasn’t for Halloween, we might not have gotten other horror characters like Jason Voorhease and Freddy Kruger. Michael Myers could use his iconic butcher knife, along with all the other weapons he has used for his iconic kills. Michael also has a huge amount of brute strength and resilience.

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
Now let’s vote on the horror characters!
Yiptap Yiptap Gene the Meh (The Emoji Movie) [oh lord]
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Xenomorph (Alien)
Oddball Oddball Freddy Krueger (Nightmare on Elm Street)
AlRex AlRex The Blob
@Darkonedagger Pennywise (IT)
DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 Jason Voorhees (Friday the 13th)
AirMac1 AirMac1 Bray Wyatt/the Fiend (WWE)
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast Leatherface (Texas Chainsaw Massacre)
Dan Quixote Dan Quixote Ash Williams (Evil Dead)
Pokelego999 Pokelego999 Audrey II (Little Shop of Horrors)
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario The Killer Tomatoes (Attack of the Killer Tomatoes)
evanwoo10 evanwoo10 Michael Myers (Halloween)

My personal votes so far
  1. Xenomorph
  2. Freddy Krueger
  3. Ash Williams
Did an RNG for the last spot and Ash managed to beat out the Blob and the Killer Tomatoes, unfortunately for them.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Now let’s vote on the horror characters!
Yiptap Yiptap Gene the Meh (The Emoji Movie) [oh lord]
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Xenomorph (Alien)
Oddball Oddball Freddy Krueger (Nightmare on Elm Street)
AlRex AlRex The Blob
@Darkonedagger Pennywise (IT)
DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 Jason Voorhees (Friday the 13th)
AirMac1 AirMac1 Bray Wyatt/the Fiend (WWE)
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast Leatherface (Texas Chainsaw Massacre)
Dan Quixote Dan Quixote Ash Williams (Evil Dead)
Pokelego999 Pokelego999 Audrey II (Little Shop of Horrors)
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario The Killer Tomatoes (Attack of the Killer Tomatoes)
evanwoo10 evanwoo10 Michael Myers (Halloween)

My personal votes so far
  1. Xenomorph
  2. Freddy Krueger
  3. Ash Williams
Did an RNG for the last spot and Ash managed to beat out the Blob and the Killer Tomatoes, unfortunately for them.
Xenomorph
Jason Voorhees
Pennywise

AlRex

Smash Lord
I've officially added our most recent additions (Popeye, Sherlock, and Optimus) to the original post, finally. Since I'm back home with my computer and all that, the horror voting job and who we end up selecting with it, will be easy to add sooner, as well. Speaking of, that closes tomorrow, so if you haven't voted yet, go ahead and do so.

AlRex

Smash Lord
It has officially been two days and some change since the last one, so I'll figure that I show the results nowww
Xenomorph: 23
Freddy: 23

Ash: 14
Audrey: 5
Gene: 3
Jason: 18
Michael: 6
The Blob: 4
Leatherface: 5
Pennywise: 1
Bray/Fiend: 0
Killer Tomatoes: 0
I'm sad especially for the Tomatoes. But since the last tie I did, I just decided to put both characters on, I half-feel like doing the same, although it makes me think that the movie category may potentially quickly fill up with the obvious counterparts of Alien, Freddy, and RoboCop. Still, congratulations to Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds and Oddball Oddball !

Our next job...
Job #55: Discuss Spider-Man and Bugs Bunny's movesets.
Yeah, we haven't gotten to these, have we? We usually don't get a lot of submissions for these, so I prioritized many other things for a while, but I think it's fair to actually get to this now.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Spider-Man's Level 3 Super would be similar to Mega Man's Final Smash, but appears Miles Morales, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Man Noir, Spider-Man 2099, Spider-Ham, Peni Parker(Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse version) and Spider-Woman

note:if the player is controlling Miles Morales, Spider Gwen, Spider-Man 2099 or Spider-Man Noir, Peter Parker appears on Level 3 Super in the other's place

Oddball

Smash Lord
Bugs Bunnys moves

Special: Bugs will hit somebody with an oversized hammer (random chance of him pulling out an oversized carrot and using it instead)
Up Special: Bugs will spin his ears like a helicopter and fly into the air
Down Special: Bugs will dive underground. There will be a moving lump of dirt on the ground showing Bugs position. He'll travel a short ways before jumping back up. (If the move is used in mid-air, Bugs will simply Dive straight down)
Forward Special: Bugs will toss a stick of dynamite

Final Smash: SMASH Season
Bugs will dash over the opponent and a tree will pop up right between them. The tree will have a sign saying Rabbit Season
Bugs will rip it down and the sign underneath will say (characters name) Season. The character will give it a quick jab and it will go back to Rabbit season
Bugs will act like he's about to rip if off but won't the opponent will again jab it changing it to (their name) Season and a bunch of hunters will pop up and open fire on them.

Taunts:
Up Taunt: Chomps on a carrot and says "What's up, Doc?"
Down Taunt: Dresses up as a woman and blows a kiss
Side Taunt: looks to the camera and points with his thumbs towards the opponent saying "What a maroon."

Job 55:
Spiderman Moveset:

Neutral Special: Web Shooter - Spiderman shoots a Web in front of him and if he shoots at opponent, it makes them unable to attack for 2 seconds. Also it you keep shooting longer at them, it can extend time up to 8 seconds.

Side Special: Electricity Touch - Spiderman uses Miles' electric powers as a touch and shocks the opponent if it's close to the opponent.

Up Special: Web Grappler/Web Swing - Spiderman shoots out the web and it acts like Joker's Up B. Also it midair, whe Swings around on invisible ceiling.

Down Special: Web Bomb - Spiderman deploys the Web bomb and it explodes in seconds. If it explodes near the opponent, it gets stuck in web for 2.5 seconds.

Shield Special: Spider-sense - Spiderman senses an attack and dodges like Shulk's foresight.

Super Move 1: Spider Fury - Spiderman does a flurry of punches like in Marvel vs. Capcom games. It works like Little Mac's Giga Mac Rush.

Super Move 2: Phoenix Force - Spiderman Activates his Phoenix Force and zips across the Screen like Sonic's Final Smash in SSBU.
It's similar to one of Santa Claus' super moves, but it can burn the opponents.

Super Move 3: Across the Spiderverse - Spiderman rushes at opponent and he jumps into cutscene, where it shows a void similar to Spiderverse's void and he summons other Spidermen from other realities and they start to attack the opponents. Gwen Stacy does a kick that sends to Miles Morales that electrocutes the opponent and Spiderman does a punch that sends opponents far away. This final smash instantly KOes the opponent.

AlRex

Smash Lord
I’m unsure of having baseline Peter use electric attacks. Miles as an Echo and 2099, IIRC, could, though. Phoenix Force also feels odd to include. The Symbiote seems like a more common “power-up mode”, though I guess a few of his alt costumes already include that. If we want to use a hyper power-up, Captain Universe seems like a good option. Aside from that, it’s a different Spider-Man, but Leopardon showing up would be fun(ny).

Another potential idea I had was to combine Maximum Spider with the Spider-Verse idea, it starts out as normal, but then a bunch of Spiders appear out of various portals to do their own attacks, bouncing the foe around. If Miles isn’t in play, he comes out with an electric blast, Gwen smacks them with drumsticks, Spider-Ham smashes them with a mallet, Peni and her mech jab strongly with a mechanical spider-leg, etc. Then Spider-Man himself finishes them off and the move ends with them laying on the floor while Peter snaps a photo with the various Spiders.

Bugs having a burrow through the ground move is a great idea. Project M Knuckles shows it can be pulled off. I feel like he needs something where he drops an anvil or safe down, which can get even work in the air. I can see a good amount of applicability there. Maybe a pie move, as well, but it doesn’t seem as strong as dynamite and all that. If his shield special isn’t burrowing, maybe he can have a counter where he somehow sticks his finger in a projectile or shooting weapon and disables it? I dunno. Somehow, logically, pulling out a giant pencil and erasing the projectile seems more like you can apply it to multiple types of projectiles. He needs something that turns foes’ own attacks against them in some way, for sure.

AlRex

Smash Lord
ah... The anvil! I KNEW I forgot something!

I don't know whether to swap out the hammer or the dynamite for the anvil.
The digging could be a Shield Special (slightly reminds me of the Inkling recharging ink thing) and an anvil could be a Down Special.

On the topic of music, slight help w/our new characters (Optimus, Popeye, Sherlock, Xenomorph, Freddy) would be appreciated.

AlRex

Smash Lord
I feel Bugs Bunny should be a trapper fighter - those "100 IQ Snake/Pac-Man plays" are Bugs incarnate.
One other idea I had that might get too complicated: Bugs pulls out a hole and places it down wherever, as long as it’s a solid surface. People can fall down it, or he can hide in it, or he can even keep it and hold it before putting it down to trap projectiles and things like that.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 55:Spider-Man's and Bugs Bunny's Moveset

Spider-Man Moveset

Spider-Man is a lightweight Fighter, he's fast, he have two jumps and he does has crawl and wall climb

Neutral Special: Web Ball-Spider-Man shoots a web ball on his wrists at the opponent,the Web Balls' speed is the same speed from Fox's Neutral Special,it's possible shooting web balls in the air,but Spider-Man's falling speed in so slowly when he is shooting

Side Special: Web Zip Line-Spider-Man shoots a web sling forward on both wrists and he throws himself like a slingshot, Spider-Man can grab the opponents with the Side Special,very similar to Luffy's Side special on Super Smash Flash 2

Up Special: Web Sling-Spider-Man shoots a Web sling upward, similar to Joker's Up Special, but Spider-Man also can shoots forward-up or backward-up,in the ground Spider-Man can catches the opponent and throws downward, it's possible do this attack in the air but it's only up, in the air Spider-Man can shoot up-forward or up-backward by picking an invisible ceiling and swings himself forward with a kick, Similar to Simon Belmont's Up Special on Super Smash Flash 2

Down Special: Web Bomb-Spider-Man shoots a cybernetic red bomb on the ground and the bomb explodes into an amount of webbing (Detail: if the player is controlling the Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man,he shoots the Green Goblin's Bomb)

Shield Special: Spider-Sense-appears 8 yellow zig-zag lines around on Spider-Man's head and he dodges the attacks

Level 1 Super: Crawler Assault-Spider-Man dashes forward with a flurry of punches and uppercuts and finishes with a roundhouse kick

Level 2 Super: Web Blossom-Spider-Man jumps up and starts spinning rapidly while shooting web balls all over the place

Level 3 Super: Into The Spider-Verse: Spider-Man dashes at the opponent and then shows a cutscene, appears Miles Morales' Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Man Noir, Spider-Man 2099, Spider-Ham, Peni Parker (from Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse) and Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), all Spider-Men (and three Spider-Women) performs a several flying kicks while trap the opponents making a web together and they gives a diagonal flying kick at the opponents (Note: if the player is controlling Miles Morales, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Man Noir or Spider-Man 2099, the Peter Parker's Spider-Man appears in the Spider-Man Player's place)

Bugs Bunny Moveset
Bugs Bunny is a Middleweight Fighter, his speed is medium-fast, he have two jumps and he doesn't has crawl and wall jump

Neutral Special: Pie Toss-Bugs Bunny throws a pie at the opponent that deals damage

Side Special: Hammer Bash-Bugs Bunny sledges into the ground with a wooden hammer that buries the opponent, it's possible to attack into the air but the animation is similar to Kirby's Side Special

Up Special: Propeller Ears-Bugs Bunny flies up using his ears as a propeller, Bugs' ears deals damage when Bugs using this special attack

Down Special: Rabbit's Dig-Bugs Bunny borrow himself into the ground, it's possible control Bugs Bunny burived left or right and then Bugs Bunny comes out to the ground with an uppercut

Shield Special: Carrot-Bugs Bunny takes a carrot that is buried in the ground next to him and eats the carrot which heals 20% of damage

Level 1 Super: Elmer Fudd-Elmer Fudd appears behind Bugs Bunny,Elmer Fudd with a shotgun shoots at the Bugs Bunny but Bugs dodges the Elmer's shot and hits the opponent and Elmer Fudd disappears

Level 2 Super: Piano Drop-Bugs Bunny stands still eating a carrot and the player controls a large shadow, the player can control the shadow left or right and pressing the special attack button, pressing the special attack button, drops a piano towards the large shadow, the piano deals damage when it is put down

Level 3 Super: That's All, Folks!-Bugs Bunny attacks at the opponent with a boxing glove gun and shows a cutscene, appears Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, Taz, Lola Bunny, Pepe Le Pew, Foghorn Leghorn, Speed Gonzalez, Sylvester The Cat, Tweety, Yosemite Sam, Marvin The Martian, Coyote and Road Runner, they go towards the opponent to attacks, shows a cartoony ball of smoke that the opponent is taking damage,the opponent is thrown out of the ball of smoke,but Bugs Bunny hit the opponent with a wooden hammer and the opponent is thrown again, but the opponent was thrown towards the Looney Tunes logo background and show a text saying "That's All, Folks!", this Level 3 Super deals high damage that KOed the opponent

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
Nightmare on Elmstreet Main themeYeah, I'm going to switch out the hammer for the anvil. Bugs can still use a hammer for his smash attacks/

Here's the new modified set.
Bugs Bunnys moves

Special: An anvil will appear in the air and quickly fall down. The move will sort of work like when Pikachu calls down lightning.
Up Special: Bugs will spin his ears like a helicopter and fly into the air
Down Special: Bugs will dive underground. There will be a moving lump of dirt on the ground showing Bugs position. He'll travel a short ways before jumping back up. (If the move is used in mid-air, Bugs will simply Dive straight down)
Forward Special: Bugs will toss a stick of dynamite

Final Smash: SMASH Season
Bugs will dash over the opponent and a tree will pop up right between them. The tree will have a sign saying Rabbit Season
Bugs will rip it down and the sign underneath will say (characters name) Season. The character will give it a quick jab and it will go back to Rabbit season
Bugs will act like he's about to rip if off but won't the opponent will again jab it changing it to (their name) Season and a bunch of hunters will pop up and open fire on them.

Taunts:
Up Taunt: Chomps on a carrot and says "What's up, Doc?"
Down Taunt: Dresses up as a woman and blows a kiss
Side Taunt: looks to the camera and points with his thumbs towards the opponent saying "What a maroon."

Top Bottom