• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Mighty Marvel Melee - A Marvel Comics Platform Fighter

Include Megadoomer's comic panal idea?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Negative Zone is our next stage
My submission

The Punisher
I think it would be good to have some non powered characters on our roster. Punisher has a large array of weapons he could use and the alt costume potential is off the charts.
Agent Venom

Flash Thompson, once the bully of Peter Parker and huge fan of Spider-Man, had lost his legs after serving in the United States army. However, he fused with a symbiote during a military experiment that he was enlisted for, and gained powers comparable to Spider-Man, which he uses to save as many people as he can. In Mighty Marvel Melee, he would be a grappler/zoner who would rely on his symbiotic powers and weapons. He could also have alternate costumes based on the Scarlet Spider or Agent Anti-Venom.
Ghost Rider / Robbie Reyes
View attachment 350864

While Johnny Blaze is the more well-known character carrying the name, Robbie is my favorite. Despite initially being reluctant to take the mantle of the demonic avenger, he still performs most bad guy killing activities his namesake is known for. Rather than a bike, his vehicle of choice is a modified Dodge, Hell Charger. He still uses the chain, though, only with added knives.
I feel like it's worth mentioning that the stage poll is in one of the quotes. (the one about the Negative Zone) As of now, I'm the only one who's voted on it, so I feel like people might have missed it. (also, the assist poll is currently unanimously in favour of Hit Monkey, which is great, but I'm not sure who the second assist would be) (EDIT: both of these have been addressed; sorry if my comment seemed nit-picky)

Anti-Hero nomination: Cable

Born Nathan Christopher Charles Summers, Cable's existence was planned before he was even born, as Mister Sinister viewed Cable as a means to defeat Apocalypse. Events were put in motion so that Scott Summers, a.k.a. Cyclops, and Jean Grey would meet, fall in love, and have a child. Then Jean Grey died, so Sinister made a clone of Jean (named Madeline Pryor) and she wound up marrying Scott and having a child with him.

Eventually, Apocalypse infected Nathan with a techno-organic virus, forcing Nathan to be sent 2000 years into the future in order to cure him. Being raised by a cult in an Apocalypse-ruled future that worshipped Nathan as a messiah, he eventually became known as Cable, and travelled back to the present day to try and prevent Apocalypse's rule from happening.

TL;DR: he's from the future. (and I'm just going by a Wiki summary, so there's likely a lot that I've left out)

Very much an "ends justify the means" kind of guy, Cable is a highly cynical contrast to Xavier's idealism who will do whatever it takes to complete a mission. Cable is an incredibly powerful telepath and telekinetic, though a good portion of his power is used to keep the techno-organic virus from consuming more than his arm. He also uses guns - lots of guns.
Well, I'm not sure if this is technically allowed, but here goes nothing - an inseperable pair:

Character Names: Cloak and Dagger
Character Origin: Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man Vol. 1 #64 (1982)

View attachment 350891

As of current, we dont really have characters like this yet. The idea for their moveset is simple - they work together symbiotically in order to make their moveset work. Whist Dagger might be better at close-up attacks, Cloak has many of his own abilities that reay bring the pair into being here.

I think that they're a pretty unique pair, plus they did recently have a series? I think the whole "light and dark" nature is a fun inclusion, and their nature as anti-hero vigilantes makes them quite a fun inclusion overall that might be a little more obscure, but have a lot of unique moveset potential.
Character Submission: Robbie Baldwin (New Warriors/Thunderbolts)
View attachment 350896
Robbie Baldwin is a more obscure marvel superhero, mainly because he's yet to receive a live action adaptation (He was going to be in a New Warriors show, but it was cancelled due to the restructuring of Marvel TV). He started his career as Speedball, a cheery and incredibly 80's superhero that can create forcefields with bubbles. He joined the New Warriors, a junior superhero team that was trying to get their big break. They bit off a bit more than they could chew, and in 2006 they battled against a much more powerful supervillain team. In the battle, there were 612 casualties, including a schoolbus of children. Speedball was the sole survivor, and the catalyst of the carnage. Not only was this a key factor in starting the Civil War event, Baldwin was wracked with guilt after he murdered hundreds of innocents. He abandoned the Speedball persona and took up a new one... Penance.
View attachment 350897
As Penance, his powers shifted to a more... kinetic form. instead of bubbles, they manifest as explosions. His powers additionally grow more powerful the more pain he is in, and as such his suit has 612 spikes lining it, one for each person he was responsible for the death of. As Penance, he joined the Thunderbolts, a "superhero" team led by Norman Osborne. Recently the character's returned to the Speedball persona, but he still has a deep personal loathing for what he did (and that move is a bit controversial).

In this game, Baldwin would either be a transformation character or solely Penance. As Penance, he would have both Pichu's self damaging gimmick and a mechanic similar to Lucario's aura. This is a very abridged overview of the character, this video is a fantastic deep dive (and was what informed me of the character in the first place).
View attachment 350906

I'm going to submit Venom, because we need somebody that will talk about eating people's brains.

Venom!
Vote for your top three. Own can't be in first.

1. Venom
2. Ghost Rider
3. Punisher

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Venom
2. Cable
3. Ghost Rider

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Surprised Moon Knight wasn't submitted, lol.
Yeah, I was surprised that Moon Knight wasn't submitted, and I was also surprised that nobody tried to submit Morbius (you know, Dr. Michael Morbius from the hit film that earned a trillion dollars and got 203% on Rotten Tomatoes), even as a joke/meme before revealing their actual submission.

I guess that's another sign not to take it for granted that someone else will submit a character. (I know that's happened at least once before with Scarlet Witch)

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
1. Venom. (Idk, he just seems like a really obvious but overall solid choice. Bonus points if his alts reference other symbiotes like Carnage, Scream and Toxic. They don't get enough rep these days.)
2. Punisher. (Again, iconic choice with a lot of potential. Only problem is he'd need literal MK style fatalities because this is the Punisher we're talking about here, he's probably gonna have that.)
3. Agent Venom. (I think he's a surprisingly solid choice overall actually. Like, pairing up Venom with guns n stuff is just a really weird but fun concept and he is somewhat popular too. I don't think he'd get in over "actual Venom" but hey here's my vote at least.)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
2. Punisher. (Again, iconic choice with a lot of potential. Only problem is he'd need literal MK style fatalities because this is the Punisher we're talking about here, he's probably gonna have that.)
Considering that he's playable in games like Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, that doesn't seem necessary - I haven't read many Punisher comics (he doesn't seem like my kind of character), but it seems like there'd be plenty of ways to make him playable without going to those extremes.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Considering that he's playable in games like Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, that doesn't seem necessary - I haven't read many Punisher comics (he doesn't seem like my kind of character), but it seems like there'd be plenty of ways to make him playable without going to those extremes.
That sounds fair! I think maybe if we took the Ridley approach and made him feel like, well, Frank Castle, it'd be a good start. Sorry about that, though - you strike a valid point.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
With so many choices, I wonder if we'll be including one character this time around, or if it will be the top two. (the first place seems pretty clearly decided at the moment, though second place seems like a closer call)

I've made it further in Chris Claremont's X-Men run (the one that added Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Storm, and Colossus to the team and introduced the Phoenix side of Jean Grey), so here's an out-of-context panel:

278773229_721368012354619_5608622980574276221_n.jpg

(also, I can clearly hear Steve Blum's voice when I read Wolverine's dialogue - I can only think of a few cases where that happens, like with Kevin Conroy as Batman or Mark Hamill as the Joker)

I might look into comics featuring Robbie Reyes as Ghost Rider and Agent Venom; I don't know much about either character, but I'm interested in the concepts.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I might look into comics featuring Robbie Reyes as Ghost Rider and Agent Venom; I don't know much about either character, but I'm interested in the concepts.
I recommend All-New Ghost Rider. It's a bit heavy in terms of subject matter but does a great job at establishing Robbie as a character.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
My first exposure to Agent Venom was with the Ultimate Spider-Man show which I liked quite a bit. Don't know much about comics but I definitely recommend the show.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Ghost Rider
Punisher
Venom

As for Pennance, I'd have no problem with Speedball, but the Pennance version of the character was one of the worst revamps to a character I've ever seen.

Oddball

Smash Lord
honorable mention for Ghost Rider, i prefer Johnny Blaze than Robbie Reyes
So do I. I prefer Dan Ketch to either of them though. I just assumed that the selectable character "Ghost Rider" would have different costumes depicting the different incarnations.

D

Deleted member

Venom - 26
Ghost Rider - 17
Punisher - 11
Agent Venom - 2
Cable - 5
Cloak and Dagger - 3
Penance - 0

this means our next character is Venom!

Submit more event matches
A nice light one since we've been doing character-stage-assist jobs a lot lately. Same rules as last time.

However. Last time this didn't get much traction so I'm gonna put up two rounds!

Submit a pitch for an Adventure/Story mode
It's time! Let's go! Submit an adventure mode. It's all up to you to decide how this works and what the plot is.

However. I'm going to make a change. Galactus will be our only base game boss. Though we will include a sub boss who we will vote on later. This is to keep things simple. However. Apocalypse and Knull will be added as bonus bosses in a DLC mode with two other bosses. This is to make sure the work that went into their submissions wasn't for nothing. If people don't like this choice I will reverse it I kind of just feel our game may be too busy wit all those villains?

Since we have more jobs than usual these will stay open longer. But we'll do a character round next to make up for it. and it's gonna be a fun one

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
For starters, I already had the Venom panels made, so that works out:

Venom panels.png

Event Matches:

1. Marvelous!

Your choice vs.
marvels deck.png

Face off against heroes who have included "Marvel" in their superhero name at some point, on Jersey City.

2. Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe

deadpool deck.png
vs.
avengers deck.png
x-men deck.png
and
villains deck.png

Deadpool has discovered that he's in a video game, and he thinks that the only way to get out is to prove that he's so overpowered that the developers will remove him from the game rather than trying to balance him. Little does he realize that the game has already shipped, but let's humour him anyway. (Deadpool vs. a bunch of characters in the Multiverse stage)

3. Back in Black

stealth team.png
vs.
avengers deck 2.png

Feeling like the Avengers could use some practice handling stealthy opponents, Black Panther calls in a few favours. (Black Panther vs. the Avengers in Stark Manor)

4. Civil War 2

Much like the previous Civil War event, pick between one of two decks (Iron Man's anti-predictive-justice side and Captain Marvel's pro-predictive-justice side) and fight the other one. (I'll add in deck pictures later) (Iron Man vs. Captain Marvel in Hell's Kitchen - choose your side and fight the other one)

5. Highway to the Danger Room

The X-Men are training in the Danger Room, and Magneto has been called in to provide a more authentic challenge. (an X-Men themed deck vs. a Magneto-themed deck; I'll add images later)

Story Mode idea:

Admittedly, I'm concerned that it's something of a cliche at this point to have a quest for the Infinity Stones/Gems be the basis of the plot (since that's the premise of Marvel Super Heroes, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite, Avengers Infinity War and Endgame, and likely plenty of others), but it provides a justification for why so many heroes are involved, why characters are traveling the globe/universe, and given the "gotta catch 'em all" nature of the things, I could see them changing hands several times throughout the story. (sure, Thanos or Doctor Doom could get ahold of them at some points, but it would be interesting to see what Iron Man, Magneto, or Namor would do with unlimited power)

After the latest cosmic scuffle that involved the Infinity Gauntlet, the secret cabal of heroes known as the Illuminati (consisting of Iron Man, Mister Fantastic, Professor X, Black Bolt, Doctor Strange, and Namor) divided the six Infinity Stones among themselves, figuring that they needed to be separated and kept out of the hands of anyone who wanted to use them. However, Doctor Doom develops a method to track the Infinity Stones, and obviously seeks to use them for his own diabolical purposes.

Before long, plenty of other heroes and villains are involved in the hunt, seeking to use or get rid of the Infinity Stones, or to simply survive the chaos. The gameplay could include some platforming elements, similar to Melee's Adventure Mode or Brawl's Subspace Emissary, to break up the fights and differentiate it from Arcade Mode.

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
Submit a pitch for an Adventure/Story mode
It's time! Let's go! Submit an adventure mode. It's all up to you to decide how this works and what the plot is.

However. I'm going to make a change. Galactus will be our only base game boss. Though we will include a sub boss who we will vote on later. This is to keep things simple. However. Apocalypse and Knull will be added as bonus bosses in a DLC mode with two other bosses. This is to make sure the work that went into their submissions wasn't for nothing. If people don't like this choice I will reverse it I kind of just feel our game may be too busy wit all those villains?

Since we have more jobs than usual these will stay open longer. But we'll do a character round next to make up for it. and it's gonna be a fun one
I'm going to go slightly against your ideas here. Feel free to shoot it down or modify it as you like.

Emperor Doom

Dr. Doom has conquered the world. Using a mysterious high-tech devise, he's enslaved the minds of most of the world's population. Using this technology, Doom has taken control of most of earth's heroes and are using them to hunt down the other heroes that were somehow unaffected by his powers. In addition to this, various villains are also being used as his generals/police/enforcers.

Taking control of the hero of your choice (who was somehow immune or unaffected for whatever reason) you try to free the minds of earth's other heroes to raise a rebellion against Doom. Or maybe you control a villain who's using this setup for his own ends.

Regardless, you fight a bunch of people, take part in a bonus stage or two, and finally fight Emperor Doom! (Emperor Doom will be an enhanced version of Dr. Doom like Metal Mario, Giant Donkey Kong, or maybe Giga Bowser.)

When you defeat Doom and destroy his machine he has his "You don't know what you've just done!" moment. Then you realize that what he was using to power his machine was an imprisoned and weakened Galactus. So you just freed Galactus. And he isn't happy.

D

Deleted member

I'm going to go slightly against your ideas here. Feel free to shoot it down or modify it as you like.

Emperor Doom

Dr. Doom has conquered the world. Using a mysterious high-tech devise, he's enslaved the minds of most of the world's population. Using this technology, Doom has taken control of most of earth's heroes and are using them to hunt down the other heroes that were somehow unaffected by his powers. In addition to this, various villains are also being used as his generals/police/enforcers.

Taking control of the hero of your choice (who was somehow immune or unaffected for whatever reason) you try to free the minds of earth's other heroes to raise a rebellion against Doom. Or maybe you control a villain who's using this setup for his own ends.

Regardless, you fight a bunch of people, take part in a bonus stage or two, and finally fight Emperor Doom! (Emperor Doom will be an enhanced version of Dr. Doom like Metal Mario, Giant Donkey Kong, or maybe Giga Bowser.)

When you defeat Doom and destroy his machine he has his "You don't know what you've just done!" moment. Then you realize that what he was using to power his machine was an imprisoned and weakened Galactus. So you just freed Galactus. And he isn't happy.
This works!

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
me when the thread adds Popular McMovie instead of Strength-Man, the superhero that only had a 5 issue run in the 80s and has never had a live action adaptation
Unsafe memes. Best Collection of funny Unsafe pictures on iFunny Brazil

just to cover all my bases this is a parody of the scrimblo bimblo post. i'm only a little upset that my submission didn't get a single vote

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
me when the thread adds Popular McMovie instead of Strength-Man, the superhero that only had a 5 issue run in the 80s and has never had a live action adaptation
Unsafe memes. Best Collection of funny Unsafe pictures on iFunny Brazil

just to cover all my bases this is a parody of the scrimblo bimblo post. i'm only a little upset that my submission didn't get a single vote
It happens sometimes; I wouldn't take it personally. (two of my past three submissions didn't get a single vote, but that's because they were up against some really good options) For all I know, the Penance period of Speedball's life could be seen as a point that people wouldn't want to be the main focus since it's very different from the usual nature of the character, like if She-Hulk was based entirely on Jason Aaron's portrayal of her in the Avengers, or if the Punisher made playable but you could only play as the Franken-Castle version of the character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am planing on doing at least one job about adding an obscure character. And there are some rounds that may lend themselves well to more out there picks.

D

Deleted member

Story Mode idea:

Admittedly, I'm concerned that it's something of a cliche at this point to have a quest for the Infinity Stones/Gems be the basis of the plot (since that's the premise of Marvel Super Heroes, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite, Avengers Infinity War and Endgame, and likely plenty of others), but it provides a justification for why so many heroes are involved, why characters are traveling the globe/universe, and given the "gotta catch 'em all" nature of the things, I could see them changing hands several times throughout the story. (sure, Thanos or Doctor Doom could get ahold of them at some points, but it would be interesting to see what Iron Man, Magneto, or Namor would do with unlimited power)

After the latest cosmic scuffle that involved the Infinity Gauntlet, the secret cabal of heroes known as the Illuminati (consisting of Iron Man, Mister Fantastic, Professor X, Black Bolt, Doctor Strange, and Namor) divided the six Infinity Stones among themselves, figuring that they needed to be separated and kept out of the hands of anyone who wanted to use them. However, Doctor Doom develops a method to track the Infinity Stones, and obviously seeks to use them for his own diabolical purposes.

Before long, plenty of other heroes and villains are involved in the hunt, seeking to use or get rid of the Infinity Stones, or to simply survive the chaos. The gameplay could include some platforming elements, similar to Melee's Adventure Mode or Brawl's Subspace Emissary, to break up the fights and differentiate it from Arcade Mode.

Emperor Doom

Vote away

I did promise a new character round..

MCU-hilarious.jpg

Submit a Parody / Comedy character

Look at them all laughing. Submit a character who is comedic in nature. I felt this would be a good contrast to the last round we did. Should be interesting since Deadpool and She-Hulk are out of the running.

My submission:

Gwenpool
I just think she's neat. Gwen Poole, not actually Gwen Stacy, was just a normal fangirl from our earth before she somehow landed in the Marvel universe. She uses her intense knowledge of the the around her to her advantages on her mad cap adventures. She would have a pretty different moveset to Deadpool, dispite their similar appearances.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Howard.png

Howard the Duck.

Howard is an ill-tempered animaorphic duck stuck in a human world. His adventures tend to vary from parody and satire to surprisingly normal and mundane. Howard had a rather famous run in comics, a rather famous movie by George Lucas, and once ran for President and apparently received a large number of write-in votes.

and If it ain't funk, he don't feel it.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 351261
Howard the Duck.

Howard is an ill-tempered animaorphic duck stuck in a human world. His adventures tend to vary from parody and satire to surprisingly normal and mundane. Howard had a rather famous run in comics, a rather famous movie by George Lucas, and once ran for President and apparently received a large number of write-in votes.

and If it ain't funk, he don't feel it.

Ah should have said. He's an assist character.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

The Trapster/Paste-Pot Pete

Peter Petruski is a man who developed a super-adhesive only to inexplicably use his discovery for a life of crime. Bafflingly, he chose to dress like an artist who was inspired by the Riddler, and in an even more bewildering move, he intentionally chose to call himself "Paste-Pot Pete".

These are the first of many bizarre decisions in the life of Paste-Pot Pete, which included stealing a missile on his second outing as a super-villain or thinking that he could take the Fantastic Four in a fight. Changing his supervillain name to "The Trapster" or changing his costume did little to help, as he remained a laughingstock. (at one point, he broke into the Fantastic Four's home only to be defeated by the home)

The Trapster could fight using his paste gun (which would allow him to lock opponents in place, create traps, or swing similarly to Spider-Man) or various other traps and weapons that have been supplied to him by the Wizard over the years, such as spring-loaded spheres.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Resubmitting Toad.
Toad

He's a very silly character, and we could use more wacky picks on our roster. He would jump high like Greninja, use his tongue to grapple around like Ranno, have poison darts, and maybe have a mechanic similar to Sylvanos due to his paralytic resin. A fun Final Smash (or whatever we're calling them) could be summoning a bunch of amphibian creatures to do his bidding.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
There's a character I'm very surprised no one has submitted yet.
I'm not sure if you mean Squirrel Girl (at least, she's one of the first that comes to mind when I think of comedic Marvel characters), but I wanted to try something different this time and go with a weird/obscure pick.

Plus, I really like the idea of Gwenpool being included, given her ability to ignore the fourth wall and do things like throwing characters into the white space between panels or trapping the Punisher in an infinite loop of bees, and I wasn't sure how many opportunities there would be for her to get in. (whereas with Squirrel Girl, I figure there will be other opportunities)

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I just spent a bunch of time writing up a story for the Smash Conquest thread, so why not do it again here for the Adventure mode?

Dimensional Convergence

Basically, Peter Parker is experimenting with some Reality Stone residue from his last encounter with the Mad Titan (this is somewhat implied to be an alternate version of the MCU universe), but he accidentally sneezes on it when Ned comes in, holding some food which Peter is apparently allergic to. The combination of his radioactive spider DNA and the reality-bending properties of the Reality Stone cause a dimensional convergence of sorts, not too different from the one seen in Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2.

(There are many different ways that the dimensional convergence happens - for example, it might happen while Hank Pym accidentally blows up the Quantam Realm, or Deadpool just wants to mess **** up, or something like that - the Spider-Man version is just the one I thought of).

The convergence leaves Galactus (who, curiously, has only one alternate reality version of himself) as the sole most powerful being in the multiverse. He decides to eat it all in one swift chomp, and it's up to your character (in this case, Spider-Man) to stop him! Add in a few minigames, a couple of special dialogue bits, and a unique epilogue for each fighter (with Peter's, he is praised by the world for his heroic feat, but the battle damage he recieved in the fight reveals his true identity, so he swings away with a screaming Ned tucked under his arm, off to go make sure his other loved ones are okay).

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Submit a Parody / Comedy character

Look at them all laughing. Submit a character who is comedic in nature. I felt this would be a good contrast to the last round we did. Should be interesting since Deadpool and She-Hulk are out of the running.
**** it. We need an utter ****post of a villain. A character that's become a complete and utter laughing stock despite all his efforts. The greatest underdog in Marvel history. Whilst there's quite a few characters that could fit here, I think that only one is worthy of this title.

Character Name: Big Wheel (Jackson "Axel" Weele)
Character Origin: The Amazing Spider-Man #183 (1978)

If any character here represents "the utterly unstoppable tank" archetype, it has to be Big Wheel. Despite his very concept being utterly ridiculous (he's a man in a big wheel,) said wheel is kitted out with plenty of weaponry, and is even waterproof enough to allow Jackson to survive a bath at the bottom of the Hudson River. The wheel can drive directly up buildings, turn on a dime, move at high speeds... you know, for as idiotic as this is on a conceptual level, you have to give the Tinkerer some credit for this.

Overall, this character would be kind of like a hellish combo between Captain Falcon and Bowser. He's by far the heaviest character in the entire game - and one of the largest - due to always fighting from inside his large wheel. Plus, getting up after being hit, or turning around, is a slow process, and his aerial mobility leaves a lot to be desired. However, he's also one of the fastest characters in the game, and hits like an absolute truck. Overall, this is an easy character to take down if you're careful about it, but underestimating the Big Wheel will leave you (literally) run into the ground.

Not only this, but he might well have a lore-based reason for being here. Jackson's a spokesperson for the Vil-Anon group (an analog to Alcoholics Anonymous but for supervillains), and as part of his 12-step program, he wound up turning things around and attempting to become a hero, before using his wheel in demolition derbies. Perhaps his role as a one-time villain trying to turn his life around could give him some actual conflict in the story, especially seems as both sides refuse to take the man inside a gigantic ****ing wheel seriously, and he's pretty much left to fend for himself with the only people who are willing to even stick around him.

So yeah. A ridiculous character with an unusual moveset and a surprising amount of depth. The Big Wheel is a genuinely solid pick in my eyes.

D

Deleted member

The Emperor Doom outline will be used! Congrats to Oddball Oddball
My submission:

Gwenpool
I just think she's neat. Gwen Poole, not actually Gwen Stacy, was just a normal fangirl from our earth before she somehow landed in the Marvel universe. She uses her intense knowledge of the the around her to her advantages on her mad cap adventures. She would have a pretty different moveset to Deadpool, dispite their similar appearances.
Doop

Gotta be honest, I don't know much about this dude, He is named Doop, he is part of the X-force and is hyper intelligent and at one point fused with Deadpool to become Dooppool

The Trapster/Paste-Pot Pete

Peter Petruski is a man who developed a super-adhesive only to inexplicably use his discovery for a life of crime. Bafflingly, he chose to dress like an artist who was inspired by the Riddler, and in an even more bewildering move, he intentionally chose to call himself "Paste-Pot Pete".

These are the first of many bizarre decisions in the life of Paste-Pot Pete, which included stealing a missile on his second outing as a super-villain or thinking that he could take the Fantastic Four in a fight. Changing his supervillain name to "The Trapster" or changing his costume did little to help, as he remained a laughingstock. (at one point, he broke into the Fantastic Four's home only to be defeated by the home)

The Trapster could fight using his paste gun (which would allow him to lock opponents in place, create traps, or swing similarly to Spider-Man) or various other traps and weapons that have been supplied to him by the Wizard over the years, such as spring-loaded spheres.
Resubmitting Toad.
**** it. We need an utter ****post of a villain. A character that's become a complete and utter laughing stock despite all his efforts. The greatest underdog in Marvel history. Whilst there's quite a few characters that could fit here, I think that only one is worthy of this title.

Character Name: Big Wheel (Jackson "Axel" Weele)
Character Origin: The Amazing Spider-Man #183 (1978)

If any character here represents "the utterly unstoppable tank" archetype, it has to be Big Wheel. Despite his very concept being utterly ridiculous (he's a man in a big wheel,) said wheel is kitted out with plenty of weaponry, and is even waterproof enough to allow Jackson to survive a bath at the bottom of the Hudson River. The wheel can drive directly up buildings, turn on a dime, move at high speeds... you know, for as idiotic as this is on a conceptual level, you have to give the Tinkerer some credit for this.

Overall, this character would be kind of like a hellish combo between Captain Falcon and Bowser. He's by far the heaviest character in the entire game - and one of the largest - due to always fighting from inside his large wheel. Plus, getting up after being hit, or turning around, is a slow process, and his aerial mobility leaves a lot to be desired. However, he's also one of the fastest characters in the game, and hits like an absolute truck. Overall, this is an easy character to take down if you're careful about it, but underestimating the Big Wheel will leave you (literally) run into the ground.

Not only this, but he might well have a lore-based reason for being here. Jackson's a spokesperson for the Vil-Anon group (an analog to Alcoholics Anonymous but for supervillains), and as part of his 12-step program, he wound up turning things around and attempting to become a hero, before using his wheel in demolition derbies. Perhaps his role as a one-time villain trying to turn his life around could give him some actual conflict in the story, especially seems as both sides refuse to take the man inside a gigantic ****ing wheel seriously, and he's pretty much left to fend for himself with the only people who are willing to even stick around him.

So yeah. A ridiculous character with an unusual moveset and a surprising amount of depth. The Big Wheel is a genuinely solid pick in my eyes.
In text form:
Gwenpool - me
Doop - cashregister9 cashregister9
Paste Pot Pete - Megadoomer Megadoomer
Toad - Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
Big Wheel - KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99

What a lineup.

Vote for your three favourites. Your own can't be in first.

1. Pete
2. Gwenpool
3. Big Wheel

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom