• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Mighty Marvel Melee - A Marvel Comics Platform Fighter

Include Megadoomer's comic panal idea?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Doctor Strange (he's one of the most important characters not yet in)
Magneto (See Dr.Strange)
Black Panther (see Magneto)
Shuma-Gorath (if we're adding specifically a MVC character, I think it's the best option. It's probably the Captain Falcon of MVC, a relatively niche character elevated to stardom)
Venom (The SPUMC is pure cinema and deserves ∞ reps. #MorbiusSweep #GetThemFries)
Iceman (he could be cool and the X-Men are still a bit under-represented.)

osby

Smash Obsessed
  1. Cyclops
  2. Venom
  3. Black Panther
  4. Magneto
  5. War Machine
  6. Phoenix

D

Deleted member

I forgot to mention that Rescue will be our next assist!
Gonna wrap up voting since we have some early leads and I have stuff on later.

Our results:
Magneto - 33
Black Panther - 28
Ghost Rider - 11
Ultron - 8
Shuma - 7
Cyclops - 21
War Machine - 2
Phoenix - 1
Iceman - 9
Doctor Strange - 24

That means our next characters are:

The Master of Magnetism, Magneto!

And

The King of Wakanda, Black Panther!

Congrats to osby osby (and myself.) !

Submit a stage tied to a character we've added
Submit a stage tied to a character we've added to our cast. This can be any character we've added so far. Though some characters such as Black Panther or Spider-Man already have their iconic locations in, though I won't stop from from submitting another. But I think it would be good to give a stage to someone who haven't got one yet.

My submission:
Magneto-Asteroid-M.jpg

Astroid M - Magneto
Pretty simple stage. Will take place in an orbital space station above the earth. Space can be seen in the background. The stage will sometimes shake as it goes through an asteroid field. The Brotherhood can be seen in the background. (Though this doesn't mean we can't add the likes of Mystique if we want to later)

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Shrine to Death - Thanos

It's already a floating platform in space, so why not? Most of our stages are on Earth (the Multiverse being an exception), so I figure this can work as an opportunity to branch out into cosmic locations. The stage was also the setting of the final battle of Marvel Super Heroes, albeit modified.

While the stage itself is flat, platforms could be generated if needed - the whole stage was originally generated from nothing, after all. Mephisto and Death can be hanging out in the background, unless they're supports that are being used. (or, less likely, made playable at some point)

(Also, we're halfway through the roster! Glad to see we've made it this far, and glad that both Magneto and Black Panther made it in)
Magneto panels.png

black panther panels.png

I'll take whatever opportunity I can get to have characters beating up Nazis - Black Panther's three-panel looks like he's punching a lawn gnome, but he's punching the Hate Monger, and I had to include something from the issue where Magneto beat up the Red Skull and left him for dead)

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Stage Name: Throne of Atlantis
Character Represented: Namor
First Appearance: Motion Picture Funnies #1 (1939)

1649871000803.png

It's pretty much what it says on the tin, but I think it'd be a necessary inclusion. Fighters would fight in a pocket of air graciously kept within the throne room for the sake of surface dwellers - said throne is atop a tower, and similarly to the Mishima Dojo, you can smash the glass on either side to break it open (though the air pocket will stay in place.) The background would be packed with various Atlanteans and other underwater-based characters such as the Stingray (who we'll say patched things up with Namor since their first encounter), as well as lots of aquatic life and maybe a statue or two. Overall, it's a very ornate-looking place with a really unique look.

D

Deleted member

My submission:
View attachment 350170
Astroid M - Magneto
Pretty simple stage. Will take place in an orbital space station above the earth. Space can be seen in the background. The stage will sometimes shake as it goes through an asteroid field. The Brotherhood can be seen in the background. (Though this doesn't mean we can't add the likes of Mystique if we want to later)
Shrine to Death - Thanos

It's already a floating platform in space, so why not? Most of our stages are on Earth (the Multiverse being an exception), so I figure this can work as an opportunity to branch out into cosmic locations. The stage was also the setting of the final battle of Marvel Super Heroes, albeit modified.

While the stage itself is flat, platforms could be generated if needed - the whole stage was originally generated from nothing, after all. Mephisto and Death can be hanging out in the background, unless they're supports that are being used. (or, less likely, made playable at some point)
Stage Name: Throne of Atlantis
Character Represented: Namor
First Appearance: Motion Picture Funnies #1 (1939)

View attachment 350192

It's pretty much what it says on the tin, but I think it'd be a necessary inclusion. Fighters would fight in a pocket of air graciously kept within the throne room for the sake of surface dwellers - said throne is atop a tower, and similarly to the Mishima Dojo, you can smash the glass on either side to break it open (though the air pocket will stay in place.) The background would be packed with various Atlanteans and other underwater-based characters such as the Stingray (who we'll say patched things up with Namor since their first encounter), as well as lots of aquatic life and maybe a statue or two. Overall, it's a very ornate-looking place with a really unique look.
Vote for your favorite here

To make up for being busy these next couple of days and possible being late on updating this. We're gonna do another character round.

everyxmenever1280jpg-3f19a0_160w.jpg

Submit a Mutant
Submit a Mutant / X-Men character. Last Round there was some talk of pepole wanting more X-Men characters, and with their entry to the MCU slowly approaching, I feel this is a good time to do it.

My submission
Img_0211_mystique_mout.obj.png

Mystique

The ability to shape shift into other characters would give her a very interesting and versatile moveset. She could copy her opponents and it would even be a fun way to include characters who didn't quite make the cut.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Toad

He's a very silly character, and we could use more wacky picks on our roster. He would jump high like Greninja, use his tongue to grapple around like Ranno, have poison darts, and maybe have a mechanic similar to Sylvanos due to his paralytic resin. A fun Final Smash (or whatever we're calling them) could be summoning a bunch of amphibian creatures to do his bidding.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Nightcrawler

Kurt Wagner may look demonic, but he's a kind and devoutly religious man. Born visibly mutated, Kurt has the mutant power of teleportation, leaving a cloud of brimstone behind whenever he teleports. Despite his past of being shunned and persecuted, both for his demonic appearance and mutant nature, Kurt is often idealistic and light-hearted.

In addition to his teleportation powers, he can cling to walls and use his tail as an extra limb. He's also a skilled swordfighter, fancying himself as an Errol Flynn-style swashbuckler. He's also encountered tiny demons that closely resemble him called Bamfs, who he could call upon for a projectile if needed.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Character Name: Squirrel Girl
Character Origin: Marvel Super Heroes (Vol. 2) #8 (1991)

An unbeatable force of nature. An unstoppable being, feared by beings such as Doctor Doom, Thanos, Fin Fang Foom, Ego the Living Planet, Korvac and Galactus amongst many others. One of her aliases is "The Slayer of All That Breathes." Squirrel Girl is unbeatable. (Though for the purposes of balancing, we're going to have to nerf her a little. Sorry!)

Also, the jury's out on whether she's technically a mutant? I mean, whilst her doctor suggested she's not a member of the species "Homo-Superior", she still has a modification in her genes that gives her the abilities of a squirrel. (Also, she was briefly a part of the Great Lakes X-Men.) Essentially, for all intents and purposes, she is a mutant - even if she's not like, a headline X-Men member.

So why would I suggest a relatively obscure and slightly weird character like Doreen Green? Well, that's just it - I think she'd be such a funky and weird addition that it'd be amazing to see her here. Her abilities lend pretty well to a platfighter, after all - and I can imagine her using her tail as a prehensile limb, or perhaps even bringing in some squirrels to fight alongside her a little like Olimar's Pikmin. After all, the mutant population isn't just limited to the world of the X-Men - perhaps it'd be a little refreshing to see a couple of weirder and more off-kilter additions! Also, I can imagine it being really fun to see her interactions with villains like Magneto and Doctor Doom, with them being absolutely terrified of her due to their previous defeats at her hands.

So yeah! Despite not being a headlining X-Man, or even particularly notable in the MCU or other movies as of yet, I think Squirrel Girl should be able to join the fight here.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Emma Frost
1650029877403.png

Formerly an enemy of X-Men and a member of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost later joined them, working as a trusted ally, teacher, and even as their leader for a while. She's a rare mutant with two different mutations, one being an incredibly strong telepath, and the other turning her body into an organic diamond. While she might appear as cold and selfish on the surface, Emma Frost cares about her loved ones deeply - as anyone who tried to hurt her students can attest.

While she wouldn't be particularly mobile, Emma Frost could play as a tank/glass cannon hybrid: having super armor on her physical moves that make use of her diamond body, while her Mewtwo-esque psychic attacks would be much stronger with a better range at the cost of leaving her vulnerable.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Behold, the Master of Magnetism! (also, it's been a while since I've done a moveset)

Magneto moveset:

Neutral Special: Magnetic Blast! Magneto shoots a beam of energy from his hands. On the ground, it launches straight forward, while in the air, it's fired at a downward angle, similar to Akuma's fireballs in Street Fighter.

Up Special: Magnetic Flight! Magneto launches himself into the air - his initial lift-off has an aura around him that deals damage, and he gets a lot of height out of it.

Side Special: Magnetic Barrage! Waving his arms, Magneto launches sharp pieces of metal forwards. They don't travel as far as the beam, and the individual hits don't do much damage, but there's a lot of them and they're good for breaking an opponent's guard or getting a lot of quick hits in.

Down Special: Magnetic Field! A barrier appears around Magneto momentarily before expanding and disappearing. It acts as a reflector and damages opponents who are close to him.

Ultimate Attack: Magnetic Crush! Magneto gestures skyward, and tons of metal objects (such as satellites or pieces of the city-sized space station Greymalkin) rain onto the stage. Magneto has a shield around himself as this happens, but everyone else isn't so lucky. The larger pieces of metal can be aimed to some degree (their shadows are visible on the ground, and they fall one at a time) while smaller ones fall randomly, and the final/largest piece hits with a tremendous explosion that covers roughly half of a Final Destination-sized level.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Black Panther moveset:

Black Panther can wall cling, which he can wall jump and attack from.

Neutral Special: Panther Bite. T'Challa prepares for an attack, his vibranium habit glowing with energy. After a second, he takes a long step forward with a charged claw thrust, piercing through shields and dealing a good amount of damage. During the charge, he can armor an attack which makes the move stronger.

Up Special: Predator Arts. T'Challa jumps high into the air with a dragon-punch-like slash. At the zenith of his ascend, he throws three throwing blades made of energy diagonally downward before going into free fall.

Side Special: Chain of Hunting. T'Challa slices in front of himself with his claws four times, taking a step forward with each slash. Depending on which directional input is held, the last slash can send any opponent caught in the attack into different trajectories.

Down Special: Stealth Claw. T'Challa uses his Panther Habit's cloaking ability to turn invisible temporarily, then reappears, with a powerful slash attack if the attack button is held. During this invisibility period, projectiles attacks deal less damage and knockback but powerful enough moves can interrupt it.

Ultimate Attack: Kings' Honor. T'Challa crouches like a big cat and then dashes forward, traveling a distance of an average stage. If he comes into contact with a foe, he claws them and starts a cinematic. In the cinematic, he disappears and reappears around his foe, attacking with claw slashes, kicks, knives, and punches. In the end, he appears behind them again and delivers a final powerful slash that launches them in the opposite direction he was traveling.

D

Deleted member

Throne of Atlantis is our next stage.

My submission
View attachment 350365
Mystique

The ability to shape shift into other characters would give her a very interesting and versatile moveset. She could copy her opponents and it would even be a fun way to include characters who didn't quite make the cut.
Toad

He's a very silly character, and we could use more wacky picks on our roster. He would jump high like Greninja, use his tongue to grapple around like Ranno, have poison darts, and maybe have a mechanic similar to Sylvanos due to his paralytic resin. A fun Final Smash (or whatever we're calling them) could be summoning a bunch of amphibian creatures to do his bidding.

Nightcrawler

Kurt Wagner may look demonic, but he's a kind and devoutly religious man. Born visibly mutated, Kurt has the mutant power of teleportation, leaving a cloud of brimstone behind whenever he teleports. Despite his past of being shunned and persecuted, both for his demonic appearance and mutant nature, Kurt is often idealistic and light-hearted.

In addition to his teleportation powers, he can cling to walls and use his tail as an extra limb. He's also a skilled swordfighter, fancying himself as an Errol Flynn-style swashbuckler. He's also encountered tiny demons that closely resemble him called Bamfs, who he could call upon for a projectile if needed.
Character Name: Squirrel Girl
Character Origin: Marvel Super Heroes (Vol. 2) #8 (1991)

An unbeatable force of nature. An unstoppable being, feared by beings such as Doctor Doom, Thanos, Fin Fang Foom, Ego the Living Planet, Korvac and Galactus amongst many others. One of her aliases is "The Slayer of All That Breathes." Squirrel Girl is unbeatable. (Though for the purposes of balancing, we're going to have to nerf her a little. Sorry!)

Also, the jury's out on whether she's technically a mutant? I mean, whilst her doctor suggested she's not a member of the species "Homo-Superior", she still has a modification in her genes that gives her the abilities of a squirrel. (Also, she was briefly a part of the Great Lakes X-Men.) Essentially, for all intents and purposes, she is a mutant - even if she's not like, a headline X-Men member.

So why would I suggest a relatively obscure and slightly weird character like Doreen Green? Well, that's just it - I think she'd be such a funky and weird addition that it'd be amazing to see her here. Her abilities lend pretty well to a platfighter, after all - and I can imagine her using her tail as a prehensile limb, or perhaps even bringing in some squirrels to fight alongside her a little like Olimar's Pikmin. After all, the mutant population isn't just limited to the world of the X-Men - perhaps it'd be a little refreshing to see a couple of weirder and more off-kilter additions! Also, I can imagine it being really fun to see her interactions with villains like Magneto and Doctor Doom, with them being absolutely terrified of her due to their previous defeats at her hands.

So yeah! Despite not being a headlining X-Man, or even particularly notable in the MCU or other movies as of yet, I think Squirrel Girl should be able to join the fight here.
Emma Frost
View attachment 350368

Formerly an enemy of X-Men and a member of the Hellfire Club, Emma Frost later joined them, working as a trusted ally, teacher, and even as their leader for a while. She's a rare mutant with two different mutations, one being an incredibly strong telepath, and the other turning her body into an organic diamond. While she might appear as cold and selfish on the surface, Emma Frost cares about her loved ones deeply - as anyone who tried to hurt her students can attest.

While she wouldn't be particularly mobile, Emma Frost could play as a tank/glass cannon hybrid: having super armor on her physical moves that make use of her diamond body, while her Mewtwo-esque psychic attacks would be much stronger with a better range at the cost of leaving her vulnerable.
Gambit
View attachment 350455
He's epic and cool and I like him
Mystique - me
Toad - Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
Nightcrawler - Megadoomer Megadoomer
Squirrel Girl - KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99
Emma Frost - osby osby
Gambit - Speed Weed Speed Weed

Vote for your top three. Your own can't be in first place.

1. Nightcrawler
2. Gambit
3. Mystique

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
1. Nightcrawler. (I've always had a soft spot for Nightcrawler, mostly because of his role in X-Calibur and alongside the massively underrated Captain Britain. Aside from that, I think that teleporting in platform fighters is a really weird situation, mostly because it's so rare to feel fresh and fluid - look at Mewtwo for instance. Also, I love his design!)
2. Gambit. (I just think he's cool. Jokes aside, his whole schtick lends really well to a platfighter, and I think that fighting with a staff would be a very fun archetype that we tend not to really see in platfighters as a whole. Plus, he's cool.)
3. Toad. (I just find the idea of Toad getting in so funny that I had to put him here. The best part - he actually has so much moveset potential! I think he'd be such a weird but amazingly fun inclusion that it'd be fun to see him.)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Mystique
2. Squirrel Girl
3. Nightcrawler

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
1. The character who could beat everyone else on this list of newcomers singlehandedly (enough said)
2. Nightcrawler (I love religious superheroes, they provide for great narrative. Also Nightcrawler would easily be a fun top tier).
3. Mystique (I want her in for the same reason as Taskmaster, would be funny to have an all-encompassing echo/mirror fighter)

D

Deleted member

Mystique - 11
Toad - 1
Nightcrawler - 14
Squirrel Girl - 5
Gambit - 9

Which means our next character is:

Nightcrawler!

Submit an assist character from the 90s, 2000s or the 20010s

Time to do the sequal to this Round. We might add two if we get enough.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Sam Alexander (Nova) - first appeared 2011

A young hero and one of Ms. Marvel's fellow Champions, Sam's powers come from his Nova Corps helmet, which makes him like a human rocket. As an assist, he can fire an energy ball from his hands or dash forward to ram into whoever's in front of him, surrounded by the energy of the Nova Force.

EDIT: Before I forget, Nightcrawler panels:
Nightcrawler panels.png

Also, these recent voting events, combined with watching X-Men: Dark Phoenix and wanting to see what the Dark Phoenix saga was actually like, have got me reading Chris Claremont's X-Men. I'm enjoying it so far, though I'm still pretty early. (around issue 103 - his run starts around issue 94 or 95)

Since I like making visuals, here's the roster so far!

mmm roster.png

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Carnage (First Appearance: 1992)

An offspring of the Venom symbiote, this archnemesis of Venom has taken hosts of many different entities over the years, firstly and most notably, the serial killer Cletus Kasady. He's slimmer than Venom in physique, but much more powerful and sadistic. In MMM, Carnage would run around at full speed and, once he gets near someone (even his summoner), he'll basically try to rip them apart in the most gruesome way imaginable (for an E10+ game).

I was going to submit maybe Agent Venom or Anti-Venom, but I think they'd both be great contenders for another Spider-Man fighter.
also your mother hung herself grahhhhh

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Character Name: Hit-Monkey
Character Origin: Hit-Monkey #1 (2010)

1650375836400.png

I feel like it's important for us to recognise the bizarre and weird aspects of Marvel, and Hit-Monkey feels like a brilliant way to do so. Having had a recent Hulu series, and literally being a monkey possessed by the spirit of an assassin, I think he's just a genuinely fun and weird pick for a role such as this.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Anole / Victor Borkowski (first appearence: New Mutants, Vol #2, 2003)
1650376498744.png

Anole is one of the younger mutants that joined the X Academy before Decimation and later became a member of X-Men. While he has a pretty one-off roles throughout different titles, he's one of the more well-known characters from his era laong with mutants such as Pixie or Prodigy.

As a support character, Anole would use his wall cling skills to jump around the stage, usng his elongated tongue to grab and throw items. He can also camouflage to turn himself invisible for surprise attacks.

D

Deleted member

Vote for your favorite. The top two will get in.

Submit a stage from the 60s, 70s or 80s
It only makes sense to do a stage version of this. Submit a location that appeared in these decades.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Stage: Castle Doom

Looking through the stage list, we have yet to determine a diabolical dwelling for Doctor Doom, so I'd like to do that. (though it was tempting to go with the Baxter Building)

The stage would take place on one of the outer walls (maybe in front of the public address tower on the diagram above), with the rest of the castle looming in the background. The architecture looks medieval, though laser cannons, Servo Guards, and Doombots can appear (the cannons are hidden in the surroundings, while the robots fly out of one of the other buildings) to serve as stage hazards. (logically, they wouldn't attack Doom, but let's say that when Doom's being played as, there's a coup happening or something)

The stage has two steep walls on either edge, so you can't pass underneath it, and the tower roof serves as a platform. I can't find a picture that gives me a good angle for what I'm picturing, but it's kind of like the Breath of the Wild stage in Smash. I'll try to put together an image with PhotoShop, but PhotoShop isn't working on my computer at the moment for some reason; I'll edit it into this post when I get the chance.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Stage Name: The Negative Zone
Stage Origin: Fantastic Four #51 (1966)

1650462528976.png

Arguably one of the most famous panels in comic history, a collage made by him (which in itself has a very interesting history.) The stage takes a lot of inspiration from this panel specifically, really feeling like a Kirby panel brought to life. With the Negative Zone being such a weird place as is, my thought here is that it'd be designed in such a way that whilst everything's in motion, it'd actually look like the page of a comic - with a papery look behind everything similar to what we see here, really bringing the bizarre and beautiful nature of the imagery to life. We could easily just plop a few floating platforms here, and we could even see various things - such as the enemies Ree'ds tossed into there in the past floating in the background. (I just find it so funny to imagine the Super-Adaptoid mindlessly floating here.)

(Plus, if we could add comic-accurate cel-shaded alts to every character similar to Spider-Man PS4's 1960s suit, they'd be amazing to see here!)

D

Deleted member

Hit-Monkey is our next asssit
Stage: Castle Doom

Looking through the stage list, we have yet to determine a diabolical dwelling for Doctor Doom, so I'd like to do that. (though it was tempting to go with the Baxter Building)

The stage would take place on one of the outer walls (maybe in front of the public address tower on the diagram above), with the rest of the castle looming in the background. The architecture looks medieval, though laser cannons, Servo Guards, and Doombots can appear (the cannons are hidden in the surroundings, while the robots fly out of one of the other buildings) to serve as stage hazards. (logically, they wouldn't attack Doom, but let's say that when Doom's being played as, there's a coup happening or something)

The stage has two steep walls on either edge, so you can't pass underneath it, and the tower roof serves as a platform. I can't find a picture that gives me a good angle for what I'm picturing, but it's kind of like the Breath of the Wild stage in Smash. I'll try to put together an image with PhotoShop, but PhotoShop isn't working on my computer at the moment for some reason; I'll edit it into this post when I get the chance.
Stage Name: The Negative Zone
Stage Origin: Fantastic Four #51 (1966)

View attachment 350798

Arguably one of the most famous panels in comic history, a collage made by him (which in itself has a very interesting history.) The stage takes a lot of inspiration from this panel specifically, really feeling like a Kirby panel brought to life. With the Negative Zone being such a weird place as is, my thought here is that it'd be designed in such a way that whilst everything's in motion, it'd actually look like the page of a comic - with a papery look behind everything similar to what we see here, really bringing the bizarre and beautiful nature of the imagery to life. We could easily just plop a few floating platforms here, and we could even see various things - such as the enemies Ree'ds tossed into there in the past floating in the background. (I just find it so funny to imagine the Super-Adaptoid mindlessly floating here.)

(Plus, if we could add comic-accurate cel-shaded alts to every character similar to Spider-Man PS4's 1960s suit, they'd be amazing to see here!)
Vote here

top_10_marvel_anti_heroes_by_herocollector16_dcj55ok-fullview.jpg

Submit an anti hero
Submit a character who could be classed as an anti hero. Those moraly grewy characters we Ll love. Doesn't have to be a character from the image. That's just something I found on Google.

My submission

The Punisher
I think it would be good to have some non powered characters on our roster. Punisher has a large array of weapons he could use and the alt costume potential is off the charts.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ghost Rider / Robbie Reyes
1650535689917.png

While Johnny Blaze is the more well-known character carrying the name, Robbie is my favorite. Despite initially being reluctant to take the mantle of the demonic avenger, he still performs most bad guy killing activities his namesake is known for. Rather than a bike, his vehicle of choice is a modified Dodge, Hell Charger. He still uses the chain, though, only with added knives.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Agent Venom

Flash Thompson, once the bully of Peter Parker and huge fan of Spider-Man, had lost his legs after serving in the United States army. However, he fused with a symbiote during a military experiment that he was enlisted for, and gained powers comparable to Spider-Man, which he uses to save as many people as he can. In Mighty Marvel Melee, he would be a grappler/zoner who would rely on his symbiotic powers and weapons. He could also have alternate costumes based on the Scarlet Spider or Agent Anti-Venom.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I feel like it's worth mentioning that the stage poll is in one of the quotes. (the one about the Negative Zone) As of now, I'm the only one who's voted on it, so I feel like people might have missed it. (also, the assist poll is currently unanimously in favour of Hit Monkey, which is great, but I'm not sure who the second assist would be) (EDIT: both of these have been addressed; sorry if my comment seemed nit-picky)

Anti-Hero nomination: Cable

Born Nathan Christopher Charles Summers, Cable's existence was planned before he was even born, as Mister Sinister viewed Cable as a means to defeat Apocalypse. Events were put in motion so that Scott Summers, a.k.a. Cyclops, and Jean Grey would meet, fall in love, and have a child. Then Jean Grey died, so Sinister made a clone of Jean (named Madeline Pryor) and she wound up marrying Scott and having a child with him.

Eventually, Apocalypse infected Nathan with a techno-organic virus, forcing Nathan to be sent 2000 years into the future in order to cure him. Being raised by a cult in an Apocalypse-ruled future that worshipped Nathan as a messiah, he eventually became known as Cable, and travelled back to the present day to try and prevent Apocalypse's rule from happening.

TL;DR: he's from the future. (and I'm just going by a Wiki summary, so there's likely a lot that I've left out)

Very much an "ends justify the means" kind of guy, Cable is a highly cynical contrast to Xavier's idealism who will do whatever it takes to complete a mission. Cable is an incredibly powerful telepath and telekinetic, though a good portion of his power is used to keep the techno-organic virus from consuming more than his arm. He also uses guns - lots of guns.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Well, I'm not sure if this is technically allowed, but here goes nothing - an inseperable pair:

Character Names: Cloak and Dagger
Character Origin: Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man Vol. 1 #64 (1982)

1650555008546.png

As of current, we dont really have characters like this yet. The idea for their moveset is simple - they work together symbiotically in order to make their moveset work. Whist Dagger might be better at close-up attacks, Cloak has many of his own abilities that reay bring the pair into being here.

I think that they're a pretty unique pair, plus they did recently have a series? I think the whole "light and dark" nature is a fun inclusion, and their nature as anti-hero vigilantes makes them quite a fun inclusion overall that might be a little more obscure, but have a lot of unique moveset potential.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, I'm not sure if this is technically allowed, but here goes nothing - an inseperable pair:

Character Names: Cloak and Dagger
Character Origin: Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man Vol. 1 #64 (1982)

View attachment 350891

As of current, we dont really have characters like this yet. The idea for their moveset is simple - they work together symbiotically in order to make their moveset work. Whist Dagger might be better at close-up attacks, Cloak has many of his own abilities that reay bring the pair into being here.

I think that they're a pretty unique pair, plus they did recently have a series? I think the whole "light and dark" nature is a fun inclusion, and their nature as anti-hero vigilantes makes them quite a fun inclusion overall that might be a little more obscure, but have a lot of unique moveset potential.
We have them as an assist character. However that was my submission and I'm not a fan of how it turned out (plus it won by default) so in gonna allow this and if they win we'll replace the assist

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Character Submission: Robbie Baldwin (New Warriors/Thunderbolts)
1650561795670.png

Robbie Baldwin is a more obscure marvel superhero, mainly because he's yet to receive a live action adaptation (He was going to be in a New Warriors show, but it was cancelled due to the restructuring of Marvel TV). He started his career as Speedball, a cheery and incredibly 80's superhero that can create forcefields with bubbles. He joined the New Warriors, a junior superhero team that was trying to get their big break. They bit off a bit more than they could chew, and in 2006 they battled against a much more powerful supervillain team. In the battle, there were 612 casualties, including a schoolbus of children. Speedball was the sole survivor, and the catalyst of the carnage. Not only was this a key factor in starting the Civil War event, Baldwin was wracked with guilt after he murdered hundreds of innocents. He abandoned the Speedball persona and took up a new one... Penance.
1650562592614.png

As Penance, his powers shifted to a more... kinetic form. instead of bubbles, they manifest as explosions. His powers additionally grow more powerful the more pain he is in, and as such his suit has 612 spikes lining it, one for each person he was responsible for the death of. As Penance, he joined the Thunderbolts, a "superhero" team led by Norman Osborne. Recently the character's returned to the Speedball persona, but he still has a deep personal loathing for what he did (and that move is a bit controversial).

In this game, Baldwin would either be a transformation character or solely Penance. As Penance, he would have both Pichu's self damaging gimmick and a mechanic similar to Lucario's aura. This is a very abridged overview of the character, this video is a fantastic deep dive (and was what informed me of the character in the first place).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom