• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Mighty Marvel Melee - A Marvel Comics Platform Fighter

Include Megadoomer's comic panal idea?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Our next stage will be the danger room. Our next asssit will be shatterstar.

For our next job.
Submit a new online mode!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Tournament Mode

Much like Smash Bros. Ultimate, there could occasionally be themed online tournaments where you're restricted to what playable and support characters you can use based on certain criteria. (ex. only Spider-Man characters; only mutants; only characters who live outside of New York; only characters who can fly)

If you place higher in the tournament, you get better rewards, though it wouldn't be anything exclusive - it would be things like currency or collectibles that you can also earn through normal gameplay.

I'm not sure if it would be better to have them as limited time events like in Smash or constantly available but cycling through different criteria. I'm not sure how people feel about how Smash handles that sort of thing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Tournament Mode will be our next mode

Submit a 90s character!
You know how these things go by now.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Squirrel Girl (Debut: 1991)

Also known as Doreen Green, Tail Girl, and the Slayer of All That Breathes, Squirrel Girl has the power to communicate with squirrels. This has allowed her to beat the likes of Doctor Doom (in a story by Steve Freakin' Ditko), MODOK, and Thanos.

As you can probably guess, Squirrel Girl is a light-hearted comedic character. She has superhuman strength, speed, and agility, along with a prehensile tail and the aforementioned power to talk to squirrels. Her goofy nature seems like it would contrast with a lot of the other characters in the roster, and her abilities seem like they'd work well in a platform fighter.

Also, I feel like it helps to include a list of characters that debuted in the decade (at least, that's what seems to have worked in the past), so hopefully this helps to give people some ideas:

Some examples include Cable, Deadpool, Gambit, and Domino (and War Machine, if we're counting characters taking on a new identity similar to Psylocke - James Rhodes was a substitute for Iron Man in the 80's, but took on the War Machine identity in the 90's), along with the entire 2099 line-up. (or you could go with someone lesser-known like Nightwatch, a character who resembles Spawn so closely that I'm surprised nobody got sued)

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
What's a fighting game without a few weird picks?
Silverclaw (Avengers)
Vintage Geek Culture — Silverclaw was ahead of her time
(somehow all the picture options for her are awful)
Silverclaw (real name Maria de Guadalupe Santiago) is a relatively obscure member of the Avengers - she was really only relevant in the late 90's and early 2000's, being phased out later. To the best of my knowledge she's never had a solo run, or appeared in any non-comic media. That being said, she has a really interesting power set - she can transform into a variety of animals (mostly those from South America), basically a greyscale Beast-Boy from DC. That would be cool i think. We'd also be relatively free to make some changes, there isn't a massive Silverclaw fanbase that would be pissed if she isn't the same as she was in the comics. She could be our Captain Falcon, or Shuma-Gorath.

Attachments

Oddball

Smash Lord
Let's get the obvious out of the way.

The '90s poster boy.

Nathan Christopher Charles Askani'Son Summers
known better as ...

CABLE

Cable art.jpg

The son of Cyclops and a clone of Jean Grey created by Mr. Sinister, Nathan was infected by a virus that was turning his body into living metal. Sent into the future to treat it, he grew up to lead the rebellion against Apocalyspe in a war torn future. He would eventually travel back in time to ensure his future never comes to pass.

Cable has been many things over the years. Superhero, soldier, terrorist, mercenary, messiah, Deadpool's buddy, and lawyer witha law degree from Harvard.

For fighting moves, Cable has powerful mental abilities, but those are often used just to keep his infection in check, limiting him to basic telekentic powers (the ability to move objects with his mind). Cable is MORE well known for his huge guns and would most likely rely heavily on them.

AlRex

Smash Lord

Slapstick is a Marvel character who has a giant mallet and basically, cartoon abilities and elasticity, like those you would see in Looney Tunes, Tom & Jerry, or similar shorts. This wackiness and versatility would do well for making an interesting, distinctive fighter. He would’ve been great in the MVC games, but alas. He was short lived in the 90’s, but somewhat recently did have a new title.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've got an extremely rough draft for a Ms. Marvel sprite - it's not much, but it's progress.

ms marvel sprite.png
- here's a side-by-side comparison with the Doom sprite that I edited:
sprite comparison.png

Here's my attempt at creating a palette for her clothes based on Marvel vs. Capcom sprites, though I have no idea how well the shading turned out:
ms marvel sprite 2.png

I took an image from a Marvel Facebook game, shrank it down to similar proportions (using official heights as a guideline), and outlined it, removing any colours along the edges. I have no idea how I'll find the right palette for it (maybe using palettes from the Marvel vs. Capcom games for any hero that uses primary colours), or how well the face will turn out with so little space to work with, but it's a start, at least.

I'm hoping to get one sprite per playable character, though I don't know how plausible that is. At the very least, between the Versus series, SNES platformers, and the Facebook game that I mentioned, there should be material for me to use as a base for most if not all of the roster.

EDIT: Here's the finished project, or at least as close to it as I can get with my current skills.

ms marvel sprite 3.png
and a bigger version to make the details more visible:
Ms Marvel big sprite.png

Not sure about the face or hair, but I think everything else turned out well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

deadpool_PNG65.png

Deadpool
I did want to do something a bit more unusual but I really felt that this guy should be nominated. He feels like one of the must haves for a marvel game. He would bring his forth wall breaking ways.

Our nominations:

Squirrel Girl (Debut: 1991)

Also known as Doreen Green, Tail Girl, and the Slayer of All That Breathes, Squirrel Girl has the power to communicate with squirrels. This has allowed her to beat the likes of Doctor Doom (in a story by Steve Freakin' Ditko), MODOK, and Thanos.

As you can probably guess, Squirrel Girl is a light-hearted comedic character. She has superhuman strength, speed, and agility, along with a prehensile tail and the aforementioned power to talk to squirrels. Her goofy nature seems like it would contrast with a lot of the other characters in the roster, and her abilities seem like they'd work well in a platform fighter.

Also, I feel like it helps to include a list of characters that debuted in the decade (at least, that's what seems to have worked in the past), so hopefully this helps to give people some ideas:

Some examples include Cable, Deadpool, Gambit, and Domino (and War Machine, if we're counting characters taking on a new identity similar to Psylocke - James Rhodes was a substitute for Iron Man in the 80's, but took on the War Machine identity in the 90's), along with the entire 2099 line-up. (or you could go with someone lesser-known like Nightwatch, a character who resembles Spawn so closely that I'm surprised nobody got sued)
What's a fighting game without a few weird picks?
Silverclaw (Avengers)
Vintage Geek Culture — Silverclaw was ahead of her time
(somehow all the picture options for her are awful)
Silverclaw (real name Maria de Guadalupe Santiago) is a relatively obscure member of the Avengers - she was really only relevant in the late 90's and early 2000's, being phased out later. To the best of my knowledge she's never had a solo run, or appeared in any non-comic media. That being said, she has a really interesting power set - she can transform into a variety of animals (mostly those from South America), basically a greyscale Beast-Boy from DC. That would be cool i think. We'd also be relatively free to make some changes, there isn't a massive Silverclaw fanbase that would be pissed if she isn't the same as she was in the comics. She could be our Captain Falcon, or Shuma-Gorath.
Let's get the obvious out of the way.

The '90s poster boy.

Nathan Christopher Charles Askani'Son Summers
known better as ...

CABLE

View attachment 347853

The son of Cyclops and a clone of Jean Grey created by Mr. Sinister, Nathan was infected by a virus that was turning his body into living metal. Sent into the future to treat it, he grew up to lead the rebellion against Apocalyspe in a war torn future. He would eventually travel back in time to ensure his future never comes to pass.

Cable has been many things over the years. Superhero, soldier, terrorist, mercenary, messiah, Deadpool's buddy, and lawyer witha law degree from Harvard.

For fighting moves, Cable has powerful mental abilities, but those are often used just to keep his infection in check, limiting him to basic telekentic powers (the ability to move objects with his mind). Cable is MORE well known for his huge guns and would most likely rely heavily on them.

Slapstick is a Marvel character who has a giant mallet and basically, cartoon abilities and elasticity, like those you would see in Looney Tunes, Tom & Jerry, or similar shorts. This wackiness and versatility would do well for making an interesting, distinctive fighter. He would’ve been great in the MVC games, but alas. He was short lived in the 90’s, but somewhat recently did have a new title.
In written form:
Squirrel Girl - Megadoomer Megadoomer
Silverclaw- PeridotGX PeridotGX
Cable - Oddball Oddball
Slapstick - AlRex AlRex
Deadpool - @Darkonedagger

Vote as usual! Top three. Your own can't be in first.

1. Squirrel Girl
2. Silverclaw
3. Deadpool

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Deadpool - it's Deadpool; I haven't read a ton of his comics, but the Ryan Reynolds movies alone are enough to get me to vote for him, and as far as X-Men characters in a Marvel game go, he seems like he'd be up there with Wolverine, Storm, and Magneto in terms of "must-haves"
2. Silverclaw - I read Kurt Busiek's run on the Avengers, where she was introduced, and while she wasn't a major member of the team during that time period (having a few arcs centered around her but not doing much beyond that from what I recall), I like the idea enough to vote for her
3. Squirrel Girl - self-vote - I just think she's neat

While I didn't include Cable and Slapstick, and I'm not super familiar with 90's Marvel comics in general, all of the picks were great this time, and it was tough to narrow it down to three - even the lesser-known ones have a lot of interesting and unique abilities that would help them stand out. (Slapstick in particular seems like he'd be a hilarious contrast to most of the cast, seeing as he seems like a Looney Tunes character)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Deadpool - 12
Cable - 7
Silverclaw - 5
Squirrel Girl - 9
Slapstick - 3

Deadpool is our next character!

We've been on a bit of an X-Men kick, huh?

New job will start soon.

D

Deleted member

Submit a stage based on location from the MCU
Submit a stage based on something from the Marvel Cinematic Universe! I will allow locations based on Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D or the Netflix shows.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm well prepared for Deadpool's addition - I've already finished a sprite for him along with his panels.

Deadpool panels.png

deadpool sprite.png
deadpool zoomed sprite.png

As for an MCU stage, I'll nominate...

Asgard

I chose the picture because I figured the stage would take place on the Bifrost Bridge with Asgard being visible in the background, and this was the only image I could find which depicts that.

The opening scene of Thor does a pretty good job at hyping up Asgard, and narration by Anthony Hopkins makes anything dramatic. The Realm Eternal, and home to Thor, Loki, Odin, and most of Thor's supporting cast, the stage takes place on the Bifrost Bridge, a flat platform with flying Viking-like boats that serve as floating platforms. The boats move in a slow pattern around the stage, so they're predictable but not always reliable.

EDIT: I feel like it's worth mentioning that we don't have a Guardians Of The Galaxy stage yet, so that seems like a franchise with a lot of potential stages.

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
In No Way Home, we saw the Satue of Liberty being slightly remodeled to pay tribute to Captain America.

spider-man-no-way-home-captain-america-statue-of-liberty.jpg

I think fighting outside and on top of the statue could make for an interesting stage.

D

Deleted member

Time to vote! I would include both but we've been doing that a lot lately

Submit an X-Men or Spider-Man boss
Time for another boss. But we're narrowing it hit. Submit a boss related to one or both of these franchises. You can submit one for each if you wish.

my submissions:

Onslaught_(Psychic_Entity)_(Earth-616)_by_Granov.jpg

Onslaught:
The powerful psionic being created from the consciousness of two powerful mutants: Professor Charles Xavier and Magneto. He would act much like the version from the old Capcom fighters.

Venom_Vol_4_5_Frankie's_Comics_Exclusive_Virgin_Variant.jpg

Knull
I admittedly don't know a lot about this guy but he seems really cool. The creator of the Symbiote and a more recent Marvel creation.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Morlun

A devourer of animal totems (Spider-Man is included in that list) and one of the ones responsible for kicking off the Spider-Verse event, Morlun seemingly targets any animal-themed superbeing (the Black Panther and M'Baku are also on his hitlist). A vampire in all but name, he can absorb life force and fly, on top of having enhanced strength, speed, and durability.

Apocalypse

I'm not really sure about including him here (he could make for an interesting playable character), but Apocalypse is one of the oldest foes that the X-Men have faced, both in terms of tenure as an X-Men threat and in terms of age. Born in ancient Egypt as En Sabah Nur, Apocalypse is the first known mutant, and he operates on the philosophy of "survival of the fittest" taken to irrational extremes. Able to morph his own body, and armed with psychic powers and Celestial technology, Apocalypse is nearly unstoppable. (also, as someone with ties to ancient Egypt, he could also be used as a final boss for the likes of Kang the Conqueror or Moon Knight if they get in)

D

Deleted member

Asgard is our next stage!

Time to vote! I would include both but we've been doing that a lot lately

Submit an X-Men or Spider-Man boss
Time for another boss. But we're narrowing it hit. Submit a boss related to one or both of these franchises. You can submit one for each if you wish.

my submissions:

View attachment 348726
Onslaught:
The powerful psionic being created from the consciousness of two powerful mutants: Professor Charles Xavier and Magneto. He would act much like the version from the old Capcom fighters.

View attachment 348727
Knull
I admittedly don't know a lot about this guy but he seems really cool. The creator of the Symbiote and a more recent Marvel creation.

Morlun

A devourer of animal totems (Spider-Man is included in that list) and one of the ones responsible for kicking off the Spider-Verse event, Morlun seemingly targets any animal-themed superbeing (the Black Panther and M'Baku are also on his hitlist). A vampire in all but name, he can absorb life force and fly, on top of having enhanced strength, speed, and durability.

Apocalypse

I'm not really sure about including him here (he could make for an interesting playable character), but Apocalypse is one of the oldest foes that the X-Men have faced, both in terms of tenure as an X-Men threat and in terms of age. Born in ancient Egypt as En Sabah Nur, Apocalypse is the first known mutant, and he operates on the philosophy of "survival of the fittest" taken to irrational extremes. Able to morph his own body, and armed with psychic powers and Celestial technology, Apocalypse is nearly unstoppable. (also, as someone with ties to ancient Egypt, he could also be used as a final boss for the likes of Kang the Conqueror or Moon Knight if they get in)
Vote for your favorite in each category. You can vote your own.

1. Apocalyspe
2. Knull

We're also starting the next round.
Submit a 2000's character
We're gonna just keep going with these. Submit a Marvel character who made their first appearance in 2000 to 2009.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Onslaught
2. Knull

2000s character

Blue Marvel (Adam Brashear) - first appearance: Nov. 2008

One of Marvel's many Superman analogues, Adam Brashear is a Korean War veteran who became the lead scientist on a project to harness anti-matter. However, an unforeseen explosion caused Adam to become a living anti-matter reactor, giving him superhuman strength, durability, and speed, along with flight, a longer lifespan than most humans, and energy manipulation.

Fighting crime as the Blue Marvel, Adam battled many threats until his outfit was damaged in battle, revealing to the world that he's a black man. As this was 1962, it wasn't taken well, and the US president reluctantly asked the Blue Marvel to step down. Faking his death, he only returned to action recently with groups like Luke Cage's Mighty Avengers and Captain Marvel's Ultimates.

While not one of Marvel's best-known characters, he's got brawn on par with Thor or the Hulk and brains up there with Hank McCoy or Hank Pym. I figure that there's a lot that could be done with him if he was used more often.

Here's a list of characters who debuted in the 2000s:

Examples include:

* the Runaways

* most of the Young Avengers (including Kate Bishop, for those who have seen Hawkeye)

* the Sentry

* Laura Kinney/X-23/Wolverine

* Jessica Jones

* the modern incarnation of Groot. (There was a tree-man named Groot in the Silver Age monster comics, but I'm not sure if they're the same character)

* Star Lord (who?)

...among others.

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
Galacta the Daughter of Galactus

Galacta.jpg

Galacta is the daughter of Galactus. Unlike her father, she's a lot less dramatic and doesn't go around eating entire planets. She mostly stays on earth eating alien presences that don't belong on the planet. Of course since there aren't that many of them, she tends to be very hungry at all times. In her spare time, she passes herself off as a normal teenager and runs her own blog that she frequently updates often talking about her diet habbits and father issues in vague terms.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
The Winter Soldier (2004)

James Buchanan Barnes or Bucky Barnes was Captain America's best friend in WW2 and was presumed dead.

He then rose up as the Winter Soldier, a Soviet Sleeper Agent and committed many crimes and assassinations. He eventually was broken free of his mind control and fought alongside the avengers

D

Deleted member

Nico Minoru / Sister Grimm
I've wanted a runaways character on the roster for some time. Nico is hands down the most popular member and also the one who gets to appear most outside of the main book. She would be a magic user, but also summon other members of the runaways.

Submissions end tonight.

D

Deleted member

Knull will be our Spider-Man boss. If someone could vote for our x-men vote and break the tie that would be nice.

Submissions.

1. Onslaught
2. Knull

2000s character

Blue Marvel (Adam Brashear) - first appearance: Nov. 2008

One of Marvel's many Superman analogues, Adam Brashear is a Korean War veteran who became the lead scientist on a project to harness anti-matter. However, an unforeseen explosion caused Adam to become a living anti-matter reactor, giving him superhuman strength, durability, and speed, along with flight, a longer lifespan than most humans, and energy manipulation.

Fighting crime as the Blue Marvel, Adam battled many threats until his outfit was damaged in battle, revealing to the world that he's a black man. As this was 1962, it wasn't taken well, and the US president reluctantly asked the Blue Marvel to step down. Faking his death, he only returned to action recently with groups like Luke Cage's Mighty Avengers and Captain Marvel's Ultimates.

While not one of Marvel's best-known characters, he's got brawn on par with Thor or the Hulk and brains up there with Hank McCoy or Hank Pym. I figure that there's a lot that could be done with him if he was used more often.

Here's a list of characters who debuted in the 2000s:

Examples include:

* the Runaways

* most of the Young Avengers (including Kate Bishop, for those who have seen Hawkeye)

* the Sentry

* Laura Kinney/X-23/Wolverine

* Jessica Jones

* the modern incarnation of Groot. (There was a tree-man named Groot in the Silver Age monster comics, but I'm not sure if they're the same character)

* Star Lord (who?)

...among others.
Galacta the Daughter of Galactus

View attachment 348996

Galacta is the daughter of Galactus. Unlike her father, she's a lot less dramatic and doesn't go around eating entire planets. She mostly stays on earth eating alien presences that don't belong on the planet. Of course since there aren't that many of them, she tends to be very hungry at all times. In her spare time, she passes herself off as a normal teenager and runs her own blog that she frequently updates often talking about her diet habbits and father issues in vague terms.
The Winter Soldier (2004)

James Buchanan Barnes or Bucky Barnes was Captain America's best friend in WW2 and was presumed dead.

He then rose up as the Winter Soldier, a Soviet Sleeper Agent and committed many crimes and assassinations. He eventually was broken free of his mind control and fought alongside the avengers

Nico Minoru / Sister Grimm
I've wanted a runaways character on the roster for some time. Nico is hands down the most popular member and also the one who gets to appear most outside of the main book. She would be a magic user, but also summon other members of the runaways.

Submissions end tonight.
Blue Marvel - Megadoomer Megadoomer
Galacta - Oddball Oddball
Winter Soldier - cashregister9 cashregister9
Nico Minoru - me

Vote for your two favorites. Your own can't be in first.

1. Bucky
2. Nico

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Nico
2. Galacta

While I'm not familiar with the Runaways or Galacta, it seems like these two would have a ton of possible options for gameplay, and they're quite different from the characters that we currently have.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I figure that posting these videos might help with breaking the tie between Onslaught and Apocalypse for who the X-Men boss will be - at the very least, they provide quick overviews of both characters:

Also, here's both of them in action in the Marvel vs. Capcom games, with Cyber Akuma thrown in between:

D

Deleted member

Blue Marvel - 1
Galacta - 1
Bucky - 5
Nico - 7

And our next character is Nico Minoru !

This is a real cool pick and a sign that our roster isn't just your usual Marvel line up!
We're gonna take a quick break from jobs today. I'll submit a job sometime tomorrow.

Discussion Period:
What do you think of our current line up? What characters do you wanna see? Who do you think we should add? I wanna get an idea of what people would like to see.

AlRex

Smash Lord
There are a lot of major Marvel characters already in. I don't want to flood this by listing a ton off. Marvel Knights and Guardians of the Galaxy are areas I don't recall seeing a whole lot in here yet, aside from Blade. I'll also say I'd like a few weirdos on here, at least in terms of body type. Most of the character so far have basically regular human body types, or a bulkier version of such. So some MODOK, Sugar Man, Devil Dinosaur, Bonebreaker, Fin Fang Foom, Howard the Duck, etc. type of picks would be pretty good. Not saying all of those need to be in, just giving examples. The biggest villain not yet on is Magneto, so he would be good, as well.

It'd be way far-off, but what would the policy on guests be? Don't want to add DC characters or ones that have no relevance, but ones that got licensed under Marvel, like Optimus Prime, or ones who even previously existed in the Marvel universe, like Godzilla or ROM the Space Knight, could be alright. But Marvel games generally stick to just Marvel-owned/created ones, so if we didn't, that's also understandable.

D

Deleted member

There are a lot of major Marvel characters already in. I don't want to flood this by listing a ton off. Marvel Knights and Guardians of the Galaxy are areas I don't recall seeing a whole lot in here yet, aside from Blade. I'll also say I'd like a few weirdos on here, at least in terms of body type. Most of the character so far have basically regular human body types, or a bulkier version of such. So some MODOK, Sugar Man, Devil Dinosaur, Bonebreaker, Fin Fang Foom, Howard the Duck, etc. type of picks would be pretty good. Not saying all of those need to be in, just giving examples. The biggest villain not yet on is Magneto, so he would be good, as well.

It'd be way far-off, but what would the policy on guests be? Don't want to add DC characters or ones that have no relevance, but ones that got licensed under Marvel, like Optimus Prime, or ones who even previously existed in the Marvel universe, like Godzilla or ROM the Space Knight, could be alright. But Marvel games generally stick to just Marvel-owned/created ones, so if we didn't, that's also understandable.
When we get to dlc I am planning a couple guest characters. Not many but I have a couple promnts in mind.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The line-up seems solid so far - I can only think of a few "must-haves" that we're missing. (the only ones that come to mind are Magneto, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, and maybe Doctor Strange, though I'm aware that this sort of thing is heavily debatable; I just figure that you could make cases for any of the Fantastic Four or countless X-Men, but it seems hard to argue that those three/four shouldn't be included)

I'm hoping we can include someone like the Thing or Gwenpool at some point down the line, though that's more of a personal thing rather than one where I think they need to be here. I feel like Ant-Man and the Wasp tend to get overlooked compared to the other founding Avengers, so I'm hoping there will be an opportunity to include one or both of them at some point. I'd like to see some weird picks get included (I loved the idea of Fin Fang Foom, for example), though I don't want to force it.

Also, here's the panels that I made for Nico Minoru. Like I said, I'm not familiar with Runaways, so I mainly went with covers and other images I could find on the Marvel wiki.

Nico Minoru panels.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I did a coin flip and we'll be adding Apocalypse as a boss!

We're also gonna do a lighter job.
Submit a collectible
We need something for our players to unlock. Something for them to go through arcade mode for (other than alts, which I promise we'll return to!). These can be anything but should be something cosmetic and a little extra.

AlRex

Smash Lord
Marvel Trading Cards
1649030629772.png

Done in the style of at least one of the old Marvel trading card lines from the early 90s, we'd see these with that design + some artwork of the character, stage, item, or other concept, along with a profile about them on the back. This could also be an equivalent to trophies/stickers for this game, if we want to go further.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Comic Covers

comic cover mock-up.png

comic covers 2.png

(this is a mock-up; I picked the covers based on what came to mind, they're in no particular order, and I assume it would look better than this. The description came from the Marvel website.)

Marvel's had a ton of comics over the years, but it's almost impossible to be familiar with all of them, and some people might come into this game with no Marvel experience at all, so having some kind of a summary seems like it would help. Significant issues or character debuts could be unlocked with a brief summary included to fill people in on major milestones in Marvel's long history, along with listing the creators who originally made the comics. Some covers can be unlocked through accomplishments or an in-game store, while others (usually a character's debut or the first issue of a solo series) can be unlocked by beating classic mode as that character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I was gonna do a vote but you know what! We'll add both. I try not to do this too often but I think it makes sense her.e

Add a healing item
All or items are attack or movement based. Submit something that heals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom