• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Mighty Marvel Melee - A Marvel Comics Platform Fighter

Include Megadoomer's comic panal idea?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Megadoomer

Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Job 23: Jet Skates

Yes, Iron Man used to get around using roller skates. These gold boots will allow whoever's wearing them to move faster. (though maybe they'll make the user glow yellow for a bit or put a logo beside their health bar/percentage meter rather than having the boots on every character, for simplicity's sake)

Job 24: Classic/Arcade mode

I'm assuming this has the deck/page-building system, so you have to beat all of the opponent's characters to win. Opponents are random (like Melee's classic mode - they aren't the same every time), and you get more options as you unlock more characters. Assuming that there are difficulties, the lower difficulty would have the opponents using weaker versions of the playable characters (4-5 panel ones, so lower stats), while the higher difficulties would use the more powerful versions (7-8 panel ones where possible). Each CPU character has two player characters (effectively, two lives) in their deck/page, along with one support and one passive buff. (certain supports, like Ego the Living Planet or Galactus, might not be included with the CPU opponents)

Round 1: vs. one CPU opponent
Round 2: vs. one CPU opponent with items
Round 3: vs. two CPU opponents, free for all
Round 4: vs. two CPU opponents, who are on a team
Round 5: vs. three CPU opponents, free for all
Round 6: vs. three CPU opponents, free for all, with items
Round 7: vs. a boss - I'm thinking that this will be a non-player character, to make it clear that this is the end of arcade mode and to increase the spectacle beyond a normal fight. Not sure if you want us to come up with specific ideas for a boss, or save it for later.

As tempting as it is to include a rival battle like in Street Fighter IV or PlayStation All Stars, I didn't want to force it in there, since I find that it can lead to some REALLY random rivalries once we reach the end of the roster. (say, for example, the last two characters wound up being Thanos and Daredevil somehow) Plus, character interactions can be saved for story mode.

Last edited:

Darkonedagger

Smash Ace

Yes, Iron Man used to get around using roller skates. These gold boots will allow whoever's wearing them to move faster. (though maybe they'll make the user glow yellow for a bit or put a logo beside their health bar/percentage meter rather than having the boots on every character, for simplicity's sake)

I'm assuming this has the deck/page-building system, so you have to beat all of the opponent's characters to win. Opponents are random (like Melee's classic mode - they aren't the same every time), and you get more options as you unlock more characters. Assuming that there are difficulties, the lower difficulty would have the opponents using weaker versions of the playable characters (4-5 panel ones, so lower stats), while the higher difficulties would use the more powerful versions (7-8 panel ones where possible). Each CPU character has two player characters (effectively, two lives) in their deck/page.

Round 6: vs. three CPU opponents
Round 7: vs. a boss - I'm thinking that this will be a non-player character, to make it clear that this is the end of arcade mode and to increase the spectacle beyond a normal fight. Not sure if you want us to come up with specific ideas for a boss, or save it for later.

As tempting as it is to include a rival battle like in Street Fighter IV or PlayStation All Stars, I didn't want to force it in there, since I find that it can lead to some REALLY random rivalries once we reach the end of the roster. (say, for example, the last two characters wound up being Thanos and Daredevil somehow)
Bosses are coming!

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Switch FC
2036-9032-5151
Job 24: Mighty Story

The role of a classic mode or arcade mode is filled by a short story mode called "Mighty X", with the X being substituted in for the character's name. It's very simmilar to Ultimate's classic mode, premade for every character. There's dialog before and after each match, with an individual match being described as Issue #1, #2, etc. There's 6 issues in a Mighty Story. The idea of this is to mimic all the side stories that accompany a big marvel comics event, in addition to a main story. I don't remember what story we're going with, but (for example) if we were doing my Axis idea from earlier...

Mighty Iron Man tells the story of Iron Man being inverted, and building an empire. Mighty Captain America has Steve try and figure out who's the same. Mighty Doc Ock would be about him trying to be a hero, etc.

cashregister9

Smash Master
Job 23

Symbiote Canister

Picking up a Symbiote canister gives your character a Symbiote which increases the users Speed and Jump Height while also changing their grab to a long range tether with a special more powerful throw.

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Ace
Job #23: Destroyer Armor Prototype Gun
AE26961E-C193-4C25-9A69-E4D0DE029A70.jpeg

This weapon made it’s very first appearance in the Marvel Cinematic Universe in the first Avengers film and later Agents of SHIELD. The gun would be really heavy and slow down everyone carrying it. The gun also takes a long time to charge, but it will shoot out a huge laser (similar to the Destroyer) all the way across the stage. You would need to use this weapon with the perfect amount of timing and concentration.

Darkonedagger

Smash Ace
Voting is done! Our submissions are:

Job 23

Symbiote Canister

Picking up a Symbiote canister gives your character a Symbiote which increases the users Speed and Jump Height while also changing their grab to a long range tether with a special more powerful throw.
Job #23: Destroyer Armor Prototype Gun
View attachment 342395
This weapon made it’s very first appearance in the Marvel Cinematic Universe in the first Avengers film and later Agents of SHIELD. The gun would be really heavy and slow down everyone carrying it. The gun also takes a long time to charge, but it will shoot out a huge laser (similar to the Destroyer) all the way across the stage. You would need to use this weapon with the perfect amount of timing and concentration.
View attachment 342420

S.H.I.E.L.D. Flight Harness

It's a rocket pack. How can you not love rocket packs?
Since we need more items, I'm going go be generous. We all be adding all four items. So Jet Skates, Symbiote Canister, Destroyer Armor Prototype Gun and Flight Harbess will be our items.

Our classic submissions are:

I'm assuming this has the deck/page-building system, so you have to beat all of the opponent's characters to win. Opponents are random (like Melee's classic mode - they aren't the same every time), and you get more options as you unlock more characters. Assuming that there are difficulties, the lower difficulty would have the opponents using weaker versions of the playable characters (4-5 panel ones, so lower stats), while the higher difficulties would use the more powerful versions (7-8 panel ones where possible). Each CPU character has two player characters (effectively, two lives) in their deck/page, along with one support and one passive buff. (certain supports, like Ego the Living Planet or Galactus, might not be included with the CPU opponents)

Round 6: vs. three CPU opponents, free for all, with items

As tempting as it is to include a rival battle like in Street Fighter IV or PlayStation All Stars, I didn't want to force it in there, since I find that it can lead to some REALLY random rivalries once we reach the end of the roster. (say, for example, the last two characters wound up being Thanos and Daredevil somehow) Plus, character interactions can be saved for story mode.
Job 24: Mighty Story

The role of a classic mode or arcade mode is filled by a short story mode called "Mighty X", with the X being substituted in for the character's name. It's very simmilar to Ultimate's classic mode, premade for every character. There's dialog before and after each match, with an individual match being described as Issue #1, #2, etc. There's 6 issues in a Mighty Story. The idea of this is to mimic all the side stories that accompany a big marvel comics event, in addition to a main story. I don't remember what story we're going with, but (for example) if we were doing my Axis idea from earlier...

Mighty Iron Man tells the story of Iron Man being inverted, and building an empire. Mighty Captain America has Steve try and figure out who's the same. Mighty Doc Ock would be about him trying to be a hero, etc.
We will be having a poll for these. If Mighty Story wins we will work out the details when we do story mode.

While we vote on this. We will be staring our next round
Job 25:
Submit a boss !
Time to submit a boss! These will appear in the classic mode, our eventful story mode, and possibly other modes. These will disconfirm future fighters! Assist haracters like Modok, Souron and (most crucialy) Galactus will be allowed as we can just say Assists wouldn't be usable during boss fights.

Speaking of. My submission will be:

Galactus

The world eater himself! Galactus will act much like he did in Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, but obviously reworked for a platform fighter. He will appear behind the fighters and tower over them, trying to crush and devour them.

Megadoomer

Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Magus

An evil version of Adam Warlock, whether it's an alternate future version of himself or his own evil qualities made manifest. Possessing all of Adam Warlock's power and intellect with none of his restraint, Magus seeks to become omnipotent however he possibly can. His powers include sorcery, manipulating cosmic energy, and time manipulation, making him a powerful foe even without something like the Infinity Gauntlet. Considering that (much like Adam Warlock) he can manipulate matter to shrink a large creature down to handheld size, he could presumably also grow himself to be a much larger, more imposing size for a boss battle.

The reason why I picked him as a boss is twofold: he's known for making clones of various heroes to use as a distraction (which would justify why the heroes are fighting each other, both for classic mode and a possible story mode), and he's a big cosmic threat (being the central antagonist of the Infinity War comic) but not as popular as someone like Thanos. (so people would have less of a problem with taking him out of the running)

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
Beyonder.jpg

The Beyonder

He is from Beyond the limits of the multiverse as we know it. The Beyonder comes from an empty white void where only it existed. Upon discovering the Marvel Universe, it took human form to better understand the nature of human beings.

Beyonder has show almost limitless power, swatting away Galactus like a fly, takes blasts from the Phoenix without flinching, and even killing Death itself. And then, making a new Death.

As an opponent, it's not a matter of what Beyonder can do, it's a matter of what he chooses to do as reality itself it little more than a toy to him.

Darkonedagger

Smash Ace
Voting is over. We will be going for Megadoomer's pitch!

Time to vote for our boss:

Speaking of. My submission will be:

Galactus

The world eater himself! Galactus will act much like he did in Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, but obviously reworked for a platform fighter. He will appear behind the fighters and tower over them, trying to crush and devour them.

Magus

An evil version of Adam Warlock, whether it's an alternate future version of himself or his own evil qualities made manifest. Possessing all of Adam Warlock's power and intellect with none of his restraint, Magus seeks to become omnipotent however he possibly can. His powers include sorcery, manipulating cosmic energy, and time manipulation, making him a powerful foe even without something like the Infinity Gauntlet. Considering that (much like Adam Warlock) he can manipulate matter to shrink a large creature down to handheld size, he could presumably also grow himself to be a much larger, more imposing size for a boss battle.

The reason why I picked him as a boss is twofold: he's known for making clones of various heroes to use as a distraction (which would justify why the heroes are fighting each other, both for classic mode and a possible story mode), and he's a big cosmic threat (being the central antagonist of the Infinity War comic) but not as popular as someone like Thanos. (so people would have less of a problem with taking him out of the running)
View attachment 342478
The Beyonder

He is from Beyond the limits of the multiverse as we know it. The Beyonder comes from an empty white void where only it existed. Upon discovering the Marvel Universe, it took human form to better understand the nature of human beings.

Beyonder has show almost limitless power, swatting away Galactus like a fly, takes blasts from the Phoenix without flinching, and even killing Death itself. And then, making a new Death.

As an opponent, it's not a matter of what Beyonder can do, it's a matter of what he chooses to do as reality itself it little more than a toy to him.

Go vote! We will also be holding our next round

Job 26:
Submit a 70's character
Yep. You all kinda knew this was coming. Submit a Marvel character who debuted in the 70s.

Megadoomer

Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
In case anyone needs a reference, here's a list of some major Marvel characters who debuted in the 70's - https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/marvel-s-bronze-age-the-comics-of-the-1970s

Edit: here's a more complete list that includes some that were left out of the first link, like Moon Knight and the Etemals - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Marvel_Comics_first_appearances

There's plenty to choose from, but I feel like we could use another villain, so...

Thanos

First appearing in 1973, in an Iron Man comic of all things, the Mad Titan is an Eternal from Saturn's moon Titan. Born with Deviant syndrome that gave him his purple craggly skin, Thanos fell madly in love with Death and would do anything to please her, whether it was wiping out all life in the universe or becoming omnipotent.

Even without the Infinity Gauntlet or various other reality warping devices such as the Cosmic Cube, Thanos is still a major threat to those around him. Capable of fighting Thor when Thor had the Power Gem or smacking around the Hulk, Thanos has incredible physical strength, along with the ability to fire energy beams from his eyes and hands or teleport.

Thanos has been at the center of plenty of cosmic Marvel events, but the Marvel Cinematic Universe definitely raised his profile among a casual audience, turning him from "who's that purple guy at the end of The Avengers?" into the overarching threat and the main villain of the series' climax in Avengers Infinity War and Avengers Endgame (along with the source of countless memes). Past fighting game appearances haven't always portrayed him in the best light (MvC2 had him throwing bubbles at people), but he's become more prominent in recent years (corporate synergy might play a part in that), so he's got more to draw from between games like Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
Ghost Rider.png

Ghost Rider

After making a deal with the devil, the motorcycle stuntman known as Johnny Blaze was bonded with the demon Zarathos, turning him into a hellfire fueled and skull faced biker who seeks vengeance against those who would cause harm in the world.

While the chains and armored bike didn't become part of Ghost Rider lore until the 90s, the character originated in the 70s.

Jondolio

Smash Champion
89P13, also known as Rocket Raccoon
Debut: July 1976

1642187170294.png

Rocket Raccoon is a genetically engineered raccoon-like creature (he can't be a raccoon, seeing as raccoons don't live in space) who's known for being part of the Guardians of the Galaxy team. He very agile and wields guns.

The Guardians of the Galaxy have become extremely popular ever since their movie came out. Rocket is essentially the unofficial team mascot, having appeared in UMvC3 way before the movie came out, and I feel he would showcase the team's general wackiness better than anyone else. He's also got a bombastic personality that would be on full display in his taunts.

Top Bottom