• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: LEGO Dimensions 2

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Here are the results!

Monkie Kid - 14
Marvel - 14
Star Wars - 16
Minecraft - 9
Looney Tunes - 18
Super Mario - 4
Disney - 3

Looney Tunes and Star Wars will be our first two franchises to join LEGO Dimensions and be in our starter pack! Congratulations to AlteredBeast AlteredBeast , Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario , and Northsouthmap Northsouthmap ! For our third franchise, we have a tie between Monkie Kid (submitted by cashregister9 cashregister9 ) and Marvel (submitted by KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 ). Below is a poll to vote for which theme/brand should be selected!

Job #2: Submit a Looney Tunes character for the starter pack!

One character from each winning theme/brand will be selected to be in the starter pack. Feel free to discuss potential abilities they could have, we will have ability jobs for everyone in the future. Each of the starter pack characters will be interacting with each other in the story and cutscenes. They don’t have to be able to speak, but they will have to interact in some form throughout. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me!

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Daffy Duck

While Bugs might seem an obvious pick, I think Daffy is more well fit as a starter because his egotistical personality and punished-perpetrator (as opposed to victorious-victim) role could give him a fun dynamic for his speaking roles with whichever other 2 characters are chosen

Ninja'd, but I'll leave this here because of my reasoning and also northsouthmap's very uh... impatiant approach to his submission.

Job 2:
Elmer Fudd

Well, he is third no-brainer pick and he would be cool if he joined Lego Dimensions.
As he is supporting LT character, he is a hunter that hunts for Bugs Bunny while travelling through his forest.

He would have some abilities based on Cartoons like he could shoot with Shotgun or even set traps on enemies, which is cool for a hunter character.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Character Name: Porky Pig
Character Origin: I Haven't Got a Hat (1935)

1650738364982.png

I think that this popular porcine is a surprisingly solid pick for a role like this. Whilst Bugs and Daffy are arguably the most well-known choices, and Marvin the Martian would be a really unique choice, Porky happens to be in one of the most important, well-known roles in all of both Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies:

Okay, but that aside: I think that his more neurotic, slightly nervous disposition compared to some other characters might make him a really fun choice when it comes to character interactions. When we consider the other series that'd be getting in here (Marvel/Monkie Kid and Star Wars,) both have a pretty heroic tone - and I think that with a lot of the logical Star Wars picks being quite serious in their disposition, Porky's personality would really make him quite unique.

Not only this, but Porky's in an interesting historical situation too - actually being older than Bugs and Daffy - even holding some star power in the 30s before becoming a part of the trilogy now seen in modern Tunes media. This would also give us the potential capability to have specific pairings (ie, Bugs & Daffy and Wile & Roadrunner) in Team Packs as opposed to having to feel like a dripfeed - whilst also having characters like Taz and Marvin in their own Fun Packs!

Overall, whilst he's a bit of a dark horse pick, I think that Porky would be a pretty fun inclusion - despite not being as instantly recognisable as Bugs or Daffy across the board, I think his personality and overall importance in Tunes as a whole would make him a really neat character to see here.

Again all the good picks are chosen so I'll sit this one out, unless you can include Shaq, we need that Shaq pack, (in all seriousness I'm joking)
totally wouldn't be opposed to a shaq fu fun pack ngl. like, we have shaquille o'neil but he can also become the shaq-fu master, as well as being able to become kazam the genie from the movie kazam. that'd be fun

with more research i am beginning to realise the power we could have if we embraced the ****ty 90s promo movies he was in. shaq-fu, kazam, steel... hell i think that his fun pack could genuinely end up being one of the best of all. no cap

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Oh man, I absolutely adore the Looney Tunes. My absolute favourite has yet to be put forth so I'm happy to do so!

Job 2: Sylvester the Cat

Sylvester_the_Cat.svg.png

Bugs, Daffy and Taz may get the lions share of the Looney Tunes merchandise, but Sylvester? Sylvester is the fourth most reoccurring Looney Tunes character after Bugs, Porky and Daffy(in that order). He also has considerable range, which I think is something you can't say about every Looney Tune character.

Don't believe me? Here's a few of the Looney Tunes he's bounced off:
  • Tweety. Obviously. These two are a classic pair.
  • Speedy Gonzales. Speedy's main antagonist. Daffy also antagonises Speedy but to a less frequent degree.
  • Hippity Hopper. Another Sylvester staple. Frequently mistakes him for a mouse.
  • Sylvester Jr. His son. Sometimes Sylvester isn't an antagonist at all and is just trying to be a good dad.
  • Porky Pig. Is sometimes depicted as a silent housecat belonging to Porky, usually trying to keep Porky's dumb ass alive when he obliviously walks into danger.
  • Wile.E.Coyote. Worked alongside him in a villain team up to catch both Road Runner and Speedy in a race. They obviously failed.
  • Granny. Is usually Granny's housecat.
  • Hector. Usually gets pummeled by the bulldog, but occasionally (briefly) gets a victory over him.
  • Pepe Le Pew. Whilst this is usually Penelope Pussycat's role, Sylvester has been mistaken as a female skunk by Pepe at least once.
  • Elmer Fudd. Sylvester has been an antagonist to Elmer Fudd, either irritating him through yowling at night, or taking advantage of him by pretending to be a poor stray who wants to be his housecat.
  • Foghorn Leghorn. Only one cartoon together, but once again, Sylvester played an antagonist to the giant rooster and his adversary, Barnyard Dog.
  • Daffy. Yes. Sylvester has even played antagonist to Daffy in a few roles such as 'The Yolks on You' where they start as friends but fall out. Also the Scarlet Pumpernickel which has the two at odds with one another.
So phew. That's a lot of Tunes Sylvester has bounced off of.

Sylvester's other claims to fame include having the worst win/lose ratio out of any of the Looney Tunes, and having the most deaths of any character in the series (likely due to cats having 9 lives saying).

Despite his feline instincts being the major cause of most of his interactions, Sylvester has even occasionally become a surrogate father for a baby animal he'd usually devour without thinking, including a baby bird in 'Father of the Bird' and a baby mouse in 'A Mouse divided'.

Lastly to sweeten the deal, there's nothing really against having Tweety as part of a Sylvester pack considering how insanely small the canary would be. That's a possible two for tune deal there ladies and gents. Absolutely Looney!

Edit: I completely forgot they did a full grown Tweety fig. My bad.

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job 2

Bugs Bunny

View attachment 351039

The no-brainer choice and the mascot of the Looney Tunes franchise. He can have lots of trapper based abilities as well as have cartoon antics in his moveset. Plus, his dialogue would be funny as heck.
Tasmanian Devil “Taz”
Abilities: Spinjitzu, Tracking, Dig, Tunnel, Cracked LEGO Walls, Drill, Vine Cut, Mini Access
Daffy Duck

While Bugs might seem an obvious pick, I think Daffy is more well fit as a starter because his egotistical personality and punished-perpetrator (as opposed to victorious-victim) role could give him a fun dynamic for his speaking roles with whichever other 2 characters are chosen

Ninja'd, but I'll leave this here because of my reasoning and also northsouthmap's very uh... impatiant approach to his submission.
Job 2:
Elmer Fudd

Well, he is third no-brainer pick and he would be cool if he joined Lego Dimensions.
As he is supporting LT character, he is a hunter that hunts for Bugs Bunny while travelling through his forest.

He would have some abilities based on Cartoons like he could shoot with Shotgun or even set traps on enemies, which is cool for a hunter character.
Really it shouldn't be anyone other than Bugs or Daffy or maybe Taz but

Marvin the Martian
I just think he's neat. He'd have fun interactions with the rest of the cast and a lot of weapons to use.
Character Name: Porky Pig
Character Origin: I Haven't Got a Hat (1935)

View attachment 351049

I think that this popular porcine is a surprisingly solid pick for a role like this. Whilst Bugs and Daffy are arguably the most well-known choices, and Marvin the Martian would be a really unique choice, Porky happens to be in one of the most important, well-known roles in all of both Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies:

Okay, but that aside: I think that his more neurotic, slightly nervous disposition compared to some other characters might make him a really fun choice when it comes to character interactions. When we consider the other series that'd be getting in here (Marvel/Monkie Kid and Star Wars,) both have a pretty heroic tone - and I think that with a lot of the logical Star Wars picks being quite serious in their disposition, Porky's personality would really make him quite unique.

Not only this, but Porky's in an interesting historical situation too - actually being older than Bugs and Daffy - even holding some star power in the 30s before becoming a part of the trilogy now seen in modern Tunes media. This would also give us the potential capability to have specific pairings (ie, Bugs & Daffy and Wile & Roadrunner) in Team Packs as opposed to having to feel like a dripfeed - whilst also having characters like Taz and Marvin in their own Fun Packs!

Overall, whilst he's a bit of a dark horse pick, I think that Porky would be a pretty fun inclusion - despite not being as instantly recognisable as Bugs or Daffy across the board, I think his personality and overall importance in Tunes as a whole would make him a really neat character to see here.

totally wouldn't be opposed to a shaq fu fun pack ngl. like, we have shaquille o'neil but he can also become the shaq-fu master, as well as being able to become kazam the genie from the movie kazam. that'd be fun

with more research i am beginning to realise the power we could have if we embraced the ****ty 90s promo movies he was in. shaq-fu, kazam, steel... hell i think that his fun pack could genuinely end up being one of the best of all. no cap
Oh man, I absolutely adore the Looney Tunes. My absolute favourite has yet to be put forth so I'm happy to do so!

Job 2: Sylvester the Cat

View attachment 351047

Bugs, Daffy and Taz may get the lions share of the Looney Tunes merchandise, but Sylvester? Sylvester is the fourth most reoccurring Looney Tunes character after Bugs, Porky and Daffy(in that order). He also has considerable range, which I think is something you can't say about every Looney Tune character.

Don't believe me? Here's a few of the Looney Tunes he's bounced off:
  • Tweety. Obviously. These two are a classic pair.
  • Speedy Gonzales. Speedy's main antagonist. Daffy also antagonises Speedy but to a less frequent degree.
  • Hippity Hopper. Another Sylvester staple. Frequently mistakes him for a mouse.
  • Sylvester Jr. His son. Sometimes Sylvester isn't an antagonist at all and is just trying to be a good dad.
  • Porky Pig. Is sometimes depicted as a silent housecat belonging to Porky, usually trying to keep Porky's dumb ass alive when he obliviously walks into danger.
  • Wile.E.Coyote. Worked alongside him in a villain team up to catch both Road Runner and Speedy in a race. They obviously failed.
  • Granny. Is usually Granny's housecat.
  • Hector. Usually gets pummeled by the bulldog, but occasionally (briefly) gets a victory over him.
  • Pepe Le Pew. Whilst this is usually Penelope Pussycat's role, Sylvester has been mistaken as a female skunk by Pepe at least once.
  • Elmer Fudd. Sylvester has been an antagonist to Elmer Fudd, either irritating him through yowling at night, or taking advantage of him by pretending to be a poor stray who wants to be his housecat.
  • Foghorn Leghorn. Only one cartoon together, but once again, Sylvester played an antagonist to the giant rooster and his adversary, Barnyard Dog.
  • Daffy. Yes. Sylvester has even played antagonist to Daffy in a few roles such as 'The Yolks on You' where they start as friends but fall out. Also the Scarlet Pumpernickel which has the two at odds with one another.
So phew. That's a lot of Tunes Sylvester has bounced off of.

Sylvester's other claims to fame include having the worst win/lose ratio out of any of the Looney Tunes, and having the most deaths of any character in the series (likely due to cats having 9 lives saying).

Despite his feline instincts being the major cause of most of his interactions, Sylvester has even occasionally become a surrogate father for a baby animal he'd usually devour without thinking, including a baby bird in 'Father of the Bird' and a baby mouse in 'A Mouse divided'.

Lastly to sweeten the deal, there's nothing really against having Tweety as part of a Sylvester pack considering how insanely small the canary would be. That's a possible two for tune deal there ladies and gents. Absolutely Looney!

Edit: I completely forgot they did a full grown Tweety fig. My bad.
Looney Tunes character submissions for the starter pack are now over! Vote for your top three favorites! First place is three points, second place is two points, third place is one point. You can vote for your own in second or third place. Only one Looney Tunes character will be selected for the starter pack!

Bugs Bunny - AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Tasmanian Devil “Taz” - Northsouthmap Northsouthmap
Daffy Duck - Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Elmer Fudd - Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Marvin the Martian - @Darkonedagger
Porky Pig - KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99
Sylvester the Cat - YoshiandToad YoshiandToad

Voting will end in 24 hours! I will also leave the poll for the third starter pack franchise open an extra 24 hours as well!

Job #3: How many franchises should we include for LEGO Dimensions 2 (Year One)?

LEGO Dimensions included many different franchises/series throughout it’s two year run. The first year of LEGO Dimensions included fourteen franchises in total. The second year of LEGO Dimensions included sixteen franchises in total. Added up, LEGO Dimensions had a total of thirty franchises in total. Keep in mind that this job is just for the first year of LEGO Dimensions. If nothing bad happens to the thread, we will be expanding it for more years.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Looney Tunes character submissions for the starter pack are now over! Vote for your top three favorites! First place is three points, second place is two points, third place is one point. You can vote for your own in second or third place. Only one Looney Tunes character will be selected for the starter pack!

Bugs Bunny - AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Tasmanian Devil “Taz” - Northsouthmap Northsouthmap
Daffy Duck - Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Elmer Fudd - Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Marvin the Martian - @Darkonedagger
Porky Pig - KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99
Sylvester the Cat - YoshiandToad YoshiandToad

Voting will end in 24 hours! I will also leave the poll for the third starter pack franchise open an extra 24 hours as well!
Bugs
Marvin
Taz

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
1. Marvin. (Whilst he's probably not as popular as "the big picks," I think his whole vibe - plus his potential in terms of abilities, which would be important from a gameplay standpoint - would make him a really fun inclusion!)
2. Taz. (Again, I just love his vibe. Not only that, but once again he's someone with a ton of potential - where can you go wrong? I think his almost bestial nature would make him very fun to see interact with the others.)
3. Daffy. (I just think he's neat. Daffy feels like a fun, if slightly obvious, pick - but I think his personality would really suit a game like this. Bugs would sell brilliantly in a Fun Pack anyways, right? And Wyldstyle wasn't the main protagonist of the LEGO Movie!)

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Thanks to Glubbfubb Glubbfubb , I have decided to add another job as well! We will also be submitting the number of franchises for the first year of LEGO Dimensions!
Job #3: How many franchises should we include for LEGO Dimensions 2 (Year One)?

LEGO Dimensions included many different franchises/series throughout it’s two year run. The first year of LEGO Dimensions included fourteen franchises in total. The second year of LEGO Dimensions included sixteen franchises in total. Added up, LEGO Dimensions had a total of thirty franchises in total. Keep in mind that this job is just for the first year of LEGO Dimensions. If nothing bad happens to the thread, we will be expanding it for more years.
If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask me!

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
Go big. Year two had 16. We need at least 18.

also for the 'toons

Bugs
Daffy
Porky

Top Bottom