• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: LEGO Dimensions 2

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Spider Gwen (We need a female in this starter pack and I feel Spider Gwen can promote the new Spider-verse movie easily alongside having fun interactions with Bugs Bunny and Darth Vader.)
2. Scarlet Witch (Self-vote here. Female character plus promotion reasons. Mage powers could be fun.)
3. The Wasp (A classic Marvel pick plus a female character to add to the starter pack. KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 provided a great explanation for the pick.)

Job 7

Darth Vader's Abilities:
-Laser Ability
-Magic Ability (for his choking)
-Technology Ability
-Special Attack Ability (for force stuff)

That's all I can think of.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Submissions are now over!

Tony Stark/Iron Man - Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Gwenpool - cashregister9 cashregister9
Scarlet Witch - AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Spider-Man - @Darkonedagger
The Hulk - Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Captain America - Northsouthmap Northsouthmap
Spider Gwen - Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear
The Wasp - KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99
Deadpool - Glubbfubb Glubbfubb
Wolverine - YoshiandToad YoshiandToad

Marvel character submissions for the starter pack are now over! Vote for your top three favorites! First place is three points, second place is two points, third place is one point. You can vote for your own in second or third place. Only one Marvel character will be selected for the starter pack!

Voting for Bugs Bunny’s list of abilities are now over as well! KneeOfJustice99’s list of abilities will be selected for Bugs Bunny! Congratulations to KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 and thanks to everyone who participated in this job!

Job #7: Submit a list of abilities for Darth Vader from the first LEGO Dimensions

Just like with a lot of LEGO games, we will be reusing older abilities. Below is a link to the LEGO Dimensions wiki that includes the entire list of abilities from the first game. You can also describe special animations that Darth Vader would do to perform them. We will be doing separate jobs to add new abilities to characters and vehicles/gadgets into LEGO Dimensions 2. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me!

Voting and submissions will end in 24 hours!
Iron Man
Spider-Man
Captain America

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
1. Spider-Gwen. (Aside from her recent prominence in the Spider-Verse... series?, she's also pretty notable because of her surprising level of prominence in the comics too - creating a happy medium of representation. Not only this, but a "Spider-character" would actually be really cool to see on a conceptual level here, mostly because of the unique abilities they could bring to the table. Lastly, I think Spider-Gwen is a solid pick on her own, as someone like Spider-Man could easily sell a Fun Pack, and someone like Miles Morales might be packaged with some other character in a Team Pack - my idea personally being Sam Wilson's Captain America - but that's kinda unrelated. Tl;dr, a fun, funky, and overall really fresh, pick!)

2. Tony Stark/Iron Man. (I agree we need a female character here, but if there's any Marvel character that can be equated to the classic pack's Batman, it's Iron Man. With a vast number of abilities from his previous appearances in LEGO Marvel titles, and having appeared in a grand total of... all of them, he's a pretty solid pick overall. A representative of the MCU as well as of comics, I feel like one of his coolest possible abilities could perhaps be to have character switches between various different Iron Man suits he's seen over the years - Heartbreaker, Centurion, Mark I, Avengers Gold... hell, I think the Hall of Armours would be a solid inclusion in the Marvel World, and at the very least, we need to be able to switch between Iron Man and Tony Stark. Whilst Iron Man could sell a Fun Pack on his own - or perhaps a Team Pack alongside War Machine - he'd be an obvious inclusion here nonetheless.)

3. Gwenpool. (Whilst I'm not exactly sure how some of her more... unusual abilities could be handled in a game like this, I think she'd be such a fun inclusion overall. It'd be useful to draw attention to her surprising prominence in LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2, but also in her overall surprisingly high degree of acceptance within the community at large. Overall, she feels like a great character to see!)

Job #7:
  • Grapple. In this case, Vader doesn't have a physical "cable", but instead uses the Force to pull orange handles downward. We could add particle effects or other such additions to make it clear that he's doing that, though. However, he doesn't get the Rope Swing ability, because you can't swing on the Force. "That's not how the Force works."
  • Magic. As mentioned by some others in the Discord, I think that his "Magic" would again simply be him using the Force to move objects around.
  • Boomerang. Vader, in this case, tosses his lightsaber, as seen in the climatic battle between him and Luke at the end of Return of the Jedi. Canonically, he'd use the Force to be able to return it right to his hand, and this could also go some way to explain how he can make it hit multiple targets with such accuracy. However, due to his lack of a traditional projectile, he can't use Target.
  • Vine Cut. Finally, Vader using his lightsaber effectively. Obviously, he's able to use it to cut the vines because it can cut through anything except things it can't, and unless said vines are also lightsabers, Vader should be fine.
  • Illumination. Despite the only real example of Vader doing this being his post-credit scene in the Tantive IV following Rogue One, lightsabers... well, it's in the name. They produce enough light for you to see with, and with no other character as of yet having this, it makes sense.
  • Laser Deflection. Another key ability of lightsabers is their ability to parry plasma-based blaster fire, and I'd imagine a laser would be able to work similarly. Vader, of course, uses this - it's not like he doesn't have experience of blaster fire after his time in the Clone Wars.
I wanted to originally add a couple more here, but I feel like this is a solid number of abilities for Vader to have. (Namely, I considered Sword Switch, but then reasoned that the lightsaber would actually just cut the mechanism open.) In terms of abilities I might add to him, I am in consideration to give him immunity to fire/lava (as a sort of joking reference to his... state on Mustafar after his battle with Obi-Wan), but I'm not sure if it'd work particularly well. Obviously that's not part of this anyways, but I thought it'd be good to add. Anyways, I'll shut up now.)

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job 7

Darth Vader's Abilities:
-Laser Ability
-Magic Ability (for his choking)
-Technology Ability
-Special Attack Ability (for force stuff)

That's all I can think of.
Abilities:
Illumination
Laser Deflect
Vine Cut
Magic (Force)
Job #7:
  • Grapple. In this case, Vader doesn't have a physical "cable", but instead uses the Force to pull orange handles downward. We could add particle effects or other such additions to make it clear that he's doing that, though. However, he doesn't get the Rope Swing ability, because you can't swing on the Force. "That's not how the Force works."
  • Magic. As mentioned by some others in the Discord, I think that his "Magic" would again simply be him using the Force to move objects around.
  • Boomerang. Vader, in this case, tosses his lightsaber, as seen in the climatic battle between him and Luke at the end of Return of the Jedi. Canonically, he'd use the Force to be able to return it right to his hand, and this could also go some way to explain how he can make it hit multiple targets with such accuracy. However, due to his lack of a traditional projectile, he can't use Target.
  • Vine Cut. Finally, Vader using his lightsaber effectively. Obviously, he's able to use it to cut the vines because it can cut through anything except things it can't, and unless said vines are also lightsabers, Vader should be fine.
  • Illumination. Despite the only real example of Vader doing this being his post-credit scene in the Tantive IV following Rogue One, lightsabers... well, it's in the name. They produce enough light for you to see with, and with no other character as of yet having this, it makes sense.
  • Laser Deflection. Another key ability of lightsabers is their ability to parry plasma-based blaster fire, and I'd imagine a laser would be able to work similarly. Vader, of course, uses this - it's not like he doesn't have experience of blaster fire after his time in the Clone Wars.
I wanted to originally add a couple more here, but I feel like this is a solid number of abilities for Vader to have. (Namely, I considered Sword Switch, but then reasoned that the lightsaber would actually just cut the mechanism open.) In terms of abilities I might add to him, I am in consideration to give him immunity to fire/lava (as a sort of joking reference to his... state on Mustafar after his battle with Obi-Wan), but I'm not sure if it'd work particularly well. Obviously that's not part of this anyways, but I thought it'd be good to add. Anyways, I'll shut up now.)
Here are the results!

Tony Stark/Iron Man - 13
Gwenpool - 4
Scarlet Witch - 3
Spider-Man - 22
The Hulk - 9
Captain America - 6
Spider Gwen - 6
The Wasp - 1
Deadpool - 0
Wolverine - 2

Spider-Man will be our last starter pack character and our first Marvel character! Congratulations to @Darkonedagger and thanks to everyone who participated in this job!

Submissions for Darth Vader’s abilities are now over! Below is a poll to vote for which abilities Vader should have from the first LEGO Dimensions.

Job #8: Submit a vehicle for the starter pack!

Now that we have are three main starter pack characters, it time to submit a vehicle as well! The vehicle must come from one of the three starter pack franchises. The vehicle doesn’t have to specifically be associated with one of the starter pack characters to be submitted, just as long as it’s from one of the three franchises. We will also be doing abilities submissions for vehicles as well in the future. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me!

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Okay, so my main line of thinking here is that I need to think of a vehicle that can be quite a multifaceted tool. It needs to be able to be built into three seperate "things", each with their own role. As such, I'm going to submit three builds, but bear in mind that they're for one vehicle. Overall, I think this would be a good opportunity to take advantage of the similarities between the TIE line and the normally similar colour scheme of the Imperial Navy.

Build One:
Build Name: TIE Advanced X1.
Build Series: Star Wars.

Darth Vader's trademark vehicle. My reasoning here is simple - it's the first vehicle you think of when you think of "Vader." Whilst Star Wars is packed with lots of vehicle potential, I think it'd be important to make sure characters get vehicles that they'd be likely to drive themselves, so this was a necessary pick. In terms of abilities and function, the TIE Advanced X1 is your traditional flying vehicle (remember, we don't have any flying characters!) with the ability to shoot your traditional small shots and the like, but overall it's pretty bog-standard.

Build Two:
Build Name: TIE Crawler.

1651268673067.png

The TIE Crawler has a surprising history with LEGO specifically, what with the original set being one of very few Extended Universe sets ever released under the Star Wars name. However, we'd ditch the blue colour scheme here in place of a more traditional grey as seen throughout the Imperial Navy. Overall, it's a powerful ground vehicle - essentially, a tank. We'd use this to it's advantage as required, as it'd have good ground traction and be able to activate certain switches - but as a tradeoff, it's a little slower than some vehicles out there, despite being a lot stronger.

Build Three
Build Name: TIE Bomber.

One of the more well-known variants, and probably the most obvious building from the Advanced X1 layout, this would be a pretty solid inclusion. I think it should have a couple of abilities that the Advanced doesn't - such as blowing up silver LEGO bricks - but should be slower as a tradeoff. (Plus, I'm considering adding Hyperdrive as an ability for certain vehicles, and only the Advanced would get it if we're allowed to add it at some point.) I don't really have a lot to say here - it just feels like a solid, pretty obvious inclusion in my eyes.

I'd like to stress that this is only one "vehicle", but has the three alternative builds as with every other vehicle back in the classic game. This is, as such, one "vehicle" - despite being three individual builds, each with their own abilities. (Feel free to tell me if I'm looking at this incorrectly.)

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Vehicle: TIE Fighter

Basically just a submissions for the sake of submission, but I think they look cool.
Job 8

Bugs Bunny's Carrot Car

This car was seen in multiple merchandising toys from Looney Tunes. A fun, racing car.

View attachment 351524
View attachment 351525
Spider-Mobile

Well, I'm presenting Spider-Mobile, Spiderman's vehicle from Spiderman Comics (The comics based on Earth-616 Spiderman).

Well, It would be Spidey's cool car that would appear in Lego dimensions in starter pack.
Job 8: Acme Rocket

View attachment 351526

Whilst things like the X-Men Blackbird and Han Solo's Falcon exist, the Acme Rocket, often used by Wile.E.Coyote was unironically the first 'vehicle' I thought of.

Instantly recognisable and equal parts ridiculous and fun.
All Terrain Armored Transport (Star Wars)
Okay, so my main line of thinking here is that I need to think of a vehicle that can be quite a multifaceted tool. It needs to be able to be built into three seperate "things", each with their own role. As such, I'm going to submit three builds, but bear in mind that they're for one vehicle. Overall, I think this would be a good opportunity to take advantage of the similarities between the TIE line and the normally similar colour scheme of the Imperial Navy.

Build One:
Build Name: TIE Advanced X1.

Darth Vader's trademark vehicle. My reasoning here is simple - it's the first vehicle you think of when you think of "Vader." Whilst Star Wars is packed with lots of vehicle potential, I think it'd be important to make sure characters get vehicles that they'd be likely to drive themselves, so this was a necessary pick. In terms of abilities and function, the TIE Advanced X1 is your traditional flying vehicle (remember, we don't have any flying characters!) with the ability to shoot your traditional small shots and the like, but overall it's pretty bog-standard.

Build Two:
Build Name: TIE Crawler.

The TIE Crawler has a surprising history with LEGO specifically, what with the original set being one of very few Extended Universe sets ever released under the Star Wars name. However, we'd ditch the blue colour scheme here in place of a more traditional grey as seen throughout the Imperial Navy. Overall, it's a powerful ground vehicle - essentially, a tank. We'd use this to it's advantage as required, as it'd have good ground traction and be able to activate certain switches - but as a tradeoff, it's a little slower than some vehicles out there, despite being a lot stronger.

Build Three
Build Name: TIE Bomber.

One of the more well-known variants, and probably the most obvious building from the Advanced X1 layout, this would be a pretty solid inclusion. I think it should have a couple of abilities that the Advanced doesn't - such as blowing up silver LEGO bricks - but should be slower as a tradeoff. (Plus, I'm considering adding Hyperdrive as an ability for certain vehicles, and only the Advanced would get it if we're allowed to add it at some point.) I don't really have a lot to say here - it just feels like a solid, pretty obvious inclusion in my eyes.

I'd like to stress that this is only one "vehicle", but has the three alternative builds as with every other vehicle back in the classic game. This is, as such, one "vehicle" - despite being three individual builds, each with their own abilities. (Feel free to tell me if I'm looking at this incorrectly.)

TIE Fighter - Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Bugs Bunny’s Carrot Car - AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Spider-Mobile - Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Acme Rocket - YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
All Terrain Armored Transport - Northsouthmap Northsouthmap
TIE Advanced X1 - KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99

Vehicle submissions for the starter pack are now over! Vote for your top three favorites! First place is three points, second place is two points, third place is one point. You can vote for your own in second or third place. Only one Vehicle will be selected for the starter pack!

Voting for Darth Vader’s list of abilities are now over as well! KneeOfJustice99’s list of abilities will be selected for Darth Vader! Congratulations to KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 and thanks to everyone who participated in this job!

Job #9: Submit a list of abilities for Spider-Man from the first LEGO Dimensions

Just like with a lot of LEGO games, we will be reusing older abilities. Below is a link to the LEGO Dimensions wiki that includes the entire list of abilities from the first game. You can also describe special animations that Spider-Man would do to perform them. We will be doing separate jobs to add new abilities to characters and vehicles/gadgets into LEGO Dimensions 2. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me!

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

TIE Fighter - Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Bugs Bunny’s Carrot Car - AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Spider-Mobile - Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Acme Rocket - YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
All Terrain Armored Transport - Northsouthmap Northsouthmap
TIE Advanced X1 - KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99

Vehicle submissions for the starter pack are now over! Vote for your top three favorites! First place is three points, second place is two points, third place is one point. You can vote for your own in second or third place. Only one Vehicle will be selected for the starter pack!

Voting for Darth Vader’s list of abilities are now over as well! KneeOfJustice99’s list of abilities will be selected for Darth Vader! Congratulations to KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 and thanks to everyone who participated in this job!

Job #9: Submit a list of abilities for Spider-Man from the first LEGO Dimensions

Just like with a lot of LEGO games, we will be reusing older abilities. Below is a link to the LEGO Dimensions wiki that includes the entire list of abilities from the first game. You can also describe special animations that Spider-Man would do to perform them. We will be doing separate jobs to add new abilities to characters and vehicles/gadgets into LEGO Dimensions 2. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me!
TIE Fighter
Acme Rocket
Spider-Mobile

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. All Terrain Armored Transport (It's a super iconic vehicle from Star Wars after all. People will easily recognize it.)
2. Bugs Bunny's Carrot Car (Self-vote plus simple enough for a starter pack after all.)
3. Acme Rocket (Pretty cool idea for a vehicle.)

Job 9

Spiderman's ability list

-Acrobat ability
-Fix-It Ability
-Flying Ability
-Grapple Ability (has to be in there)
-Special Attack Ability (with Spidey-sense)
-Technology Ability

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
1. TIE Fighter. (Arguably one of the most iconic "spaceships" in fiction with a unique look to it and lots of potential for alternate builds by using the TIE line to our advantage, I think this would be a solid fit. Whilst I'd personally pair it with a Stormtrooper pack or something, including an alternate Empire vehicle like a Speeder Bike would be a great way to handle it.)
2. Spider-Mobile. (Whilst it's probably not as "instantly logical" as a Star Wars vehicle on a conceptual level, I think the Spider-Mobile is a pretty obvious choice if we wanted Spidey to have a vehicle - and overall, it's a weird but fun inclusion I can see working pretty well.)
3. AT-AT. (I think a "walking vehicle" would be quite fun to see in a starter pack, and the overall vibe of it would suit the whole building aspect quite well. Usefully, I also think that the hinge pieces you'd use for the legs would lend well to you being able to build other vehicles, such as the Imperial Transporter - so it's a solid choice, even if it's not as instantly recognisable as, say, the TIE Fighter.)

Shoutout to the ACME Rocket, though! I adore the idea of it, even if I think it'd be better suited to a Roadrunner & Wile. E. Coyote Team Pack due to its more direct association - it came like, a close fourth.

Job #9:
  • Acrobat. (Spidey is one of the most acrobatic characters in Marvel as a whole, and his whole fighting style revolves around it. It'd be ridiculous not to include this, in my eyes.)
  • Grapple. (Again, using his web shooters as suggested elsewhere, this feels like an obvious inclusion that'd fit extrordinarily well.)
  • Super-Strength. (We all remember that one, extremely iconic panel of Spidey stuck under an entire building, right? Well, I think this would fit well. No other character here has this ability, and given that "a wall" is an effective way to block progress, this would make it easier for us to handle levels.)
  • Target. (Spider-Man doesn't just have to shoot rope-like webs, and he's been known to shoot smaller ones as well. This would work like any other, but he doesn't have a boomerang. Again, it differentiates him from the other characters here in important ways.)
  • Technology. (Spidey built nearly all of his tech on his own, and I think it'd be very nice to see him expressing this in some ways.
  • Fix-It. (Again, a key aspect of Parker is his technological knowhow. Whilst I hardly imagine him as a mechanic similar to B.A.Baracus, I can understand him being able to fix stuff overall, like the Spider-Mobile. Hey, doing donuts on the side of the Daily Bugle must do a number on the tires.)
  • Rope Swing. (Spider-Man's main method of traversing is swinging on a rope-like object. This would have to be a part of his kit.)
  • Character Change. (This... wouldn't be as exciting as some. Essentially, he'd be able to change into Peter Parker - but in keeping with Peter's normal form, he doesn't have any of his abilities except Technology and Fix-It in this form. I'd like to suggest that he could have a lot of unique costumes, but if we wanted to be realistic about this, his most realistic "alternate form" would have to be Peter himself.)
  • Drone Mazes. (This ability will depend on the version of Spidey we're including, but I'm presuming that for promotional reasons, he'd be his MCU counterpart. As seen in Homecoming, Spidey has a small drone attached to his chest, which we could use here. Again, nobody else has this ability, but if we're including his comic-accurate counterpart, then feel free to disregard this.)
I'm aware he seemingly has a lot here, but I think that a lot of them are in some ways related (Grapple and Rope Swing are very similar, for instance, as are Technology and Fix-It.) Also, I just felt it'd be very important to represent the man behind the mask, especially in the case of Peter Parker - as Spider-Man was a revolution in superhero characters, in that his identity as Peter Parker was of equal importance to that of Spider-Man (in terms of our narrative, anyways.)

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job 9

Spiderman's ability list

-Acrobat ability
-Fix-It Ability
-Flying Ability
-Grapple Ability (has to be in there)
-Special Attack Ability (with Spidey-sense)
-Technology Ability
Job #9:
  • Acrobat. (Spidey is one of the most acrobatic characters in Marvel as a whole, and his whole fighting style revolves around it. It'd be ridiculous not to include this, in my eyes.)
  • Grapple. (Again, using his web shooters as suggested elsewhere, this feels like an obvious inclusion that'd fit extrordinarily well.)
  • Super-Strength. (We all remember that one, extremely iconic panel of Spidey stuck under an entire building, right? Well, I think this would fit well. No other character here has this ability, and given that "a wall" is an effective way to block progress, this would make it easier for us to handle levels.)
  • Target. (Spider-Man doesn't just have to shoot rope-like webs, and he's been known to shoot smaller ones as well. This would work like any other, but he doesn't have a boomerang. Again, it differentiates him from the other characters here in important ways.)
  • Technology. (Spidey built nearly all of his tech on his own, and I think it'd be very nice to see him expressing this in some ways.
  • Fix-It. (Again, a key aspect of Parker is his technological knowhow. Whilst I hardly imagine him as a mechanic similar to B.A.Baracus, I can understand him being able to fix stuff overall, like the Spider-Mobile. Hey, doing donuts on the side of the Daily Bugle must do a number on the tires.)
  • Rope Swing. (Spider-Man's main method of traversing is swinging on a rope-like object. This would have to be a part of his kit.)
  • Character Change. (This... wouldn't be as exciting as some. Essentially, he'd be able to change into Peter Parker - but in keeping with Peter's normal form, he doesn't have any of his abilities except Technology and Fix-It in this form. I'd like to suggest that he could have a lot of unique costumes, but if we wanted to be realistic about this, his most realistic "alternate form" would have to be Peter himself.)
  • Drone Mazes. (This ability will depend on the version of Spidey we're including, but I'm presuming that for promotional reasons, he'd be his MCU counterpart. As seen in Homecoming, Spidey has a small drone attached to his chest, which we could use here. Again, nobody else has this ability, but if we're including his comic-accurate counterpart, then feel free to disregard this.)
I'm aware he seemingly has a lot here, but I think that a lot of them are in some ways related (Grapple and Rope Swing are very similar, for instance, as are Technology and Fix-It.) Also, I just felt it'd be very important to represent the man behind the mask, especially in the case of Peter Parker - as Spider-Man was a revolution in superhero characters, in that his identity as Peter Parker was of equal importance to that of Spider-Man (in terms of our narrative, anyways.)
Spider-Man's Abilites:
  • Acrobat
  • Grapple
  • Glide
Here are the results!

TIE Fighter - 16
Bugs Bunny’s Carrot Car - 4
Spider-Mobile - 9
Acme Rocket - 8
All Terrain Armored Transport - 5
TIE Advanced X1 - 6

The TIE Fighter will be our vehicle for the starter pack and the first vehicle/gadget for LEGO Dimensions 2! Congratulations to Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario and thanks to everyone who participated in this job!

Submissions for Spider-Man’s abilities are now over! Below is a poll to vote for which abilities Spider-Man should have from the first LEGO Dimensions.

Job #10: Submit the main villain for story mode!

Now that we have our starter pack characters and vehicle, it’s time to start working on the story mode. We will need someone to be the main antagonist in our game. The first LEGO Dimensions had Lord Vortech as the main villain, who sought to conquer the LEGO Multiverse by collecting the Foundation Elements. You can have a villain based on the end credits scene from LEGO Dimensions (Link). You can submit someone from an already represented franchise. You can submit someone from LEGO’s history. You can bring Lord Vortech back or an alternate version. You can even create your own original character to be the villain. Just remember that this character will be the the main antagonist threatening the LEGO Multiverse in some form. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me!

Last edited:
Job 10:
Lady/Queen Vortress (Original)

Lady Vortress would be female version of Lord Vortech, who comes from parallel Lego Multiverse and just like Vortech, she wants to conquer the Lego Multiverse like Lord Vortech.

Her origins imply that she is sister of Lord Vortech and she followed his steps just to also dominate all dimensions like him. However, due to Vortech's annoyance of her sister, he banished her to other side of the void just to find her place to dominate (Although she wanted to help him reach his dreams, but he wanted to do by himself) and she found random universes to conquer without a problem.
She threatens the LEGO Multiverse by absorbing the powers of the worlds to become stronger and invincible, just makes it easier to conquer other Universes (including the ones from first game). If she reaches her goal, she'll become the multiversal queen.

Her design is similar to Vortech's, albeit with female proportions like more slimmer model.

The idea was inspired by trope of "Female versions of Male Antagonists".

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Duplo Invaders

I feel these lot deserve a proper antagonist role after only being used to set up the Lego Movie 2. I personally imagine the Duplo Rabbit being involved not as an antagonistic figure, but as an ally - specifically the ruler of the overall Duplo race who is trying to keep the minority of their species that is the invaders in check and called upon the Master Builders of the Lego universe. The vague nature of Duplo creations when compared to Lego means we could have all sorts of enemy shapes, and the size and shape of their blocks would make it easy for players to distinguish enemies from allies when playing in worlds they're not familiar with. They probably won't have the baby voices they have in the Lego Movie, if only because that'd make beating em up a little uneasy.

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Job 10: Prince Pourtaux

Prince Pourtaux is a more withered and incomplete version of helmetless Lord Vortech with yellow essence and red armor. His plan is to use the Keystones to create a Vortech Keystone to release Vortech from his prison.

D

Deleted member

20150203_120558.jpg

Original Lego Family

The orignal logo family from 1974. Fun fact. One of the game's directors revealed that an original pitch had these guys as the villain, wanting Revenge for being replaced by the modern mini figure. This would be a really fun tribute to Lego's history.

Last edited by a moderator:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Here are the results!

TIE Fighter - 16
Bugs Bunny’s Carrot Car - 4
Spider-Mobile - 9
Acme Rocket - 8
All Terrain Armored Transport - 5
TIE Advanced X1 - 6

The TIE Fighter will be our vehicle for the starter pack and the first vehicle/gadget for LEGO Dimensions 2! Congratulations to Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario and thanks to everyone who participated in this job!

Submissions for Spider-Man’s abilities are now over! Below is a poll to vote for which abilities Spider-Man should have from the first LEGO Dimensions.

Job #10: Submit the main villain for story mode!

Now that we have our starter pack characters and vehicle, it’s time to start working on the story mode. We will need someone to be the main antagonist in our game. The first LEGO Dimensions had Lord Vortech as the main villain, who sought to conquer the LEGO Multiverse by collecting the Foundation Elements. You can have a villain based on the end credits scene from LEGO Dimensions (Link). You can submit someone from an already represented franchise. You can submit someone from LEGO’s history. You can bring Lord Vortech back or an alternate version. You can even create your own original character to be the villain. Just remember that this character will be the the main antagonist threatening the LEGO Multiverse in some form. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me!
My own concept for this would be an admittedly weird one, but one that I think would be quite fun to see - that is:

"The power to connect all that you create, that is what holds us all together. Our design may have been intelligent in nature, for we are all comprised of the same materials. I assure you, however, that all order between these worlds will be removed. All that will remain is I... Entropy."

Entropy is, in this case, the personification of three unique concepts.

The first is something briefly touched on as a theme in The LEGO Movie, being that of chaos when building - going against the instructions, as it were - but in this case, specifically the idea of "putting bricks together with no rhyme or reason to see how they look."

The second is the concept of clutch power, and the idea that over time, the bricks themselves will deteriorate until they reach a point where they fall apart without outside influence.

The third is the concept of destruction - that is, the idea that all it would take to destroy a LEGO Multiverse is a younger sibling with a tennis racket.

Entropy is a personification of all of these, an unseen force that blends worlds and IPs together mindlessly. Whilst there is a physical form for Entropy (which would take a lot of cues from Lord Vortech and the portals as a whole,) Entropy itself is basically an eldritch being beyond comprehension - because to comprehend the concepts at play from the perspective of a LEGO world, you'd have to have an in-depth understanding of the very things that make up you, your friends, and everything else that exists.

Vortech and the "Vortech Virus", as I'm calling it, is simply a pawn in the greater game of Entropy. Entropy's whole gig is like that of the Joker, but up to eleven. It's calculated and cruel, but mindless and unpredicable. It's a force of nature as much as it is a force of intellect. And all it takes for Entropy to arrive... is time.

Entropy cannot be destroyed. It's not a foe that can be fought. Rather, it's something that you have to come to terms with, the idea that nothing will ever stay the same. (Plus, after "defeating" Entropy in the story mode, you could have a mode similar to Disney Infinity's Toy Box where you can put different landmarks into a single Toy Box world, as well as being able to assemble your own characters from parts of other characters. Just a thought!)

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Villains of the Lego Multiverse:
One of them creates a device that lets them travel through different worlds and brings together other villains like Joker, Sauron, Dr. Eggman, Lord Business, Glados, Master Chen, Wicked Witch, and more to take over the Lego Multiverse. Villains from this game's franchises could include Darth Sidous, Green Goblin, Elmer Fudd, and more.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 10

My own original character:

Lord Quacken (pun on quack and kraken)

Wooden_Duck.jpg

Basically in the veins of the LEGO family idea, this wooden duck toy was one of the first toys LEGO ever released. Similar to the LEGO family idea, this wooden duck is jealous to see what the LEGO Multiverse has become and thus wants things to go back to normal. He's just a duck like monster with wheels is all. Honestly, we should have LEGO's super early beginnings represented in some form. Plus, this year does mark the 90th anniversary of LEGO.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Lord Vortech
Yep, same dude. Still trapped inside the same rift loop from last game's climax, Vortech has been heavily weakened, but is able to get his voice out to the multiverse. He shatters himself across the Multiverse to escape the loop, promising anyone who reassembles him indescribable power. (Probably just going to end betraying whoever does reassemble him). The villains of the Multiverse thus end up fighting the main characters, who have set about trying to stop them from gathering the parts of Vortech.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Lord Franklinstein

A monster made from mismatched lego parts, this being is in it for the science. Being a being made from scraps they were naturally outcasted by all dimensions, despite them loving the scenery of said dimensions. So their plan was that if they can't be welcomed in any dimension, they should make their own dimension. A major plot point of the game is that Franklinstein wants to steal parts of the worlds they explore they particularly like (Maybe the Mos Eisley cantina or the the Duck Season Shooting range) they also steal the parts of various creatures and create mutant chimeras out these parts to act as minions. A cool feature of their dimension (Dubbed Franklinland) is that the more level packs you complete the bigger the location becomes meaning that if you get more level packs you have access to the full breadth of Franklinland. In terms of powers, Franklinstein's main ability is the ability to shoot multicolored lightning from their hands, this lightning causes various effects depending on the color.

Red Lightning Simply Destroys Stuff
Orange Lightning Magnetises Objects
Yellow Lightning Makes Bodies Numb
Green Lightning Raises The Dead
Blue Lightning Tickles The Target
Purple Lightning Causes Franklinstein's Creations To Come Alive

Aside from that Franklinstein also is incredibly durable, they can take apart any item and add it to their body to change their appearance, as long as they have their face intact they can simply form a new body from the general surroundings. Their minions are the forces of the Undead, zombies for footsoldiers, skeletons for magic users, gargoyles for heavy-duty fire, vampires for healers, and mutants for vehicle drivers. Finally, Franklinstein can create perfect copies of anyone they closely analyze, the only difference being that their eyes are different. Franklinstein's biggest advantage, however, is their high intelligence, they have a high amount of knowledge about the machines and creatures dwelling in each of these dimensions and can use them to their advantage to creature bosses for you to fight. Their greatest weakness is their nativity when it comes to making friends, I can see as the story goes on the villains of these worlds will try to trick Franklinstein into helping them before backstabbing them, this makes them angry and Franklinstein will begin to steal a piece of the dimension for themselves as a subplot. Eventually, this reaches a point where Franklinstein backstabs the villain and uses their plan to create Franklinland. So in conclusion this idea has so many possibilities to use for this villain.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job 10:
Lady/Queen Vortress (Original)

Lady Vortress would be female version of Lord Vortech, who comes from parallel Lego Multiverse and just like Vortech, she wants to conquer the Lego Multiverse like Lord Vortech.

Her origins imply that she is sister of Lord Vortech and she followed his steps just to also dominate all dimensions like him. However, due to Vortech's annoyance of her sister, he banished her to other side of the void just to find her place to dominate (Although she wanted to help him reach his dreams, but he wanted to do by himself) and she found random universes to conquer without a problem.
She threatens the LEGO Multiverse by absorbing the powers of the worlds to become stronger and invincible, just makes it easier to conquer other Universes (including the ones from first game). If she reaches her goal, she'll become the multiversal queen.

Her design is similar to Vortech's, albeit with female proportions like more slimmer model.

The idea was inspired by trope of "Female versions of Male Antagonists".
I think our main villain should be a new reincarnation of Vortech, but it’s actually Vortech’s essence possessing the default Lego Man. You know, the red shirt, blue pants, smily face dude.
Duplo Invaders

I feel these lot deserve a proper antagonist role after only being used to set up the Lego Movie 2. I personally imagine the Duplo Rabbit being involved not as an antagonistic figure, but as an ally - specifically the ruler of the overall Duplo race who is trying to keep the minority of their species that is the invaders in check and called upon the Master Builders of the Lego universe. The vague nature of Duplo creations when compared to Lego means we could have all sorts of enemy shapes, and the size and shape of their blocks would make it easy for players to distinguish enemies from allies when playing in worlds they're not familiar with. They probably won't have the baby voices they have in the Lego Movie, if only because that'd make beating em up a little uneasy.
Job 10: Prince Pourtaux

Prince Pourtaux is a more withered and incomplete version of helmetless Lord Vortech with yellow essence and red armor. His plan is to use the Keystones to create a Vortech Keystone to release Vortech from his prison.
View attachment 351632
Original Lego Family

The orignal logo family from 1974. Fun fact. One of the game's directors revealed that an original pitch had these guys as the villain, wanting Revenge for being replaced by the modern mini figure. This would be a really fun tribute to Lego's history.
My own concept for this would be an admittedly weird one, but one that I think would be quite fun to see - that is:

"The power to connect all that you create, that is what holds us all together. Our design may have been intelligent in nature, for we are all comprised of the same materials. I assure you, however, that all order between these worlds will be removed. All that will remain is I... Entropy."

Entropy is, in this case, the personification of three unique concepts.

The first is something briefly touched on as a theme in The LEGO Movie, being that of chaos when building - going against the instructions, as it were - but in this case, specifically the idea of "putting bricks together with no rhyme or reason to see how they look."

The second is the concept of clutch power, and the idea that over time, the bricks themselves will deteriorate until they reach a point where they fall apart without outside influence.

The third is the concept of destruction - that is, the idea that all it would take to destroy a LEGO Multiverse is a younger sibling with a tennis racket.

Entropy is a personification of all of these, an unseen force that blends worlds and IPs together mindlessly. Whilst there is a physical form for Entropy (which would take a lot of cues from Lord Vortech and the portals as a whole,) Entropy itself is basically an eldritch being beyond comprehension - because to comprehend the concepts at play from the perspective of a LEGO world, you'd have to have an in-depth understanding of the very things that make up you, your friends, and everything else that exists.

Vortech and the "Vortech Virus", as I'm calling it, is simply a pawn in the greater game of Entropy. Entropy's whole gig is like that of the Joker, but up to eleven. It's calculated and cruel, but mindless and unpredicable. It's a force of nature as much as it is a force of intellect. And all it takes for Entropy to arrive... is time.

Entropy cannot be destroyed. It's not a foe that can be fought. Rather, it's something that you have to come to terms with, the idea that nothing will ever stay the same. (Plus, after "defeating" Entropy in the story mode, you could have a mode similar to Disney Infinity's Toy Box where you can put different landmarks into a single Toy Box world, as well as being able to assemble your own characters from parts of other characters. Just a thought!)
Villains of the Lego Multiverse:
One of them creates a device that lets them travel through different worlds and brings together other villains like Joker, Sauron, Dr. Eggman, Lord Business, Glados, Master Chen, Wicked Witch, and more to take over the Lego Multiverse. Villains from this game's franchises could include Darth Sidous, Green Goblin, Elmer Fudd, and more.
Job 10

My own original character:

Lord Quacken (pun on quack and kraken)

View attachment 351643

Basically in the veins of the LEGO family idea, this wooden duck toy was one of the first toys LEGO ever released. Similar to the LEGO family idea, this wooden duck is jealous to see what the LEGO Multiverse has become and thus wants things to go back to normal. He's just a duck like monster with wheels is all. Honestly, we should have LEGO's super early beginnings represented in some form. Plus, this year does mark the 90th anniversary of LEGO.
Lord Vortech
Yep, same dude. Still trapped inside the same rift loop from last game's climax, Vortech has been heavily weakened, but is able to get his voice out to the multiverse. He shatters himself across the Multiverse to escape the loop, promising anyone who reassembles him indescribable power. (Probably just going to end betraying whoever does reassemble him). The villains of the Multiverse thus end up fighting the main characters, who have set about trying to stop them from gathering the parts of Vortech.
Lord Franklinstein

A monster made from mismatched lego parts, this being is in it for the science. Being a being made from scraps they were naturally outcasted by all dimensions, despite them loving the scenery of said dimensions. So their plan was that if they can't be welcomed in any dimension, they should make their own dimension. A major plot point of the game is that Franklinstein wants to steal parts of the worlds they explore they particularly like (Maybe the Mos Eisley cantina or the the Duck Season Shooting range) they also steal the parts of various creatures and create mutant chimeras out these parts to act as minions. A cool feature of their dimension (Dubbed Franklinland) is that the more level packs you complete the bigger the location becomes meaning that if you get more level packs you have access to the full breadth of Franklinland. In terms of powers, Franklinstein's main ability is the ability to shoot multicolored lightning from their hands, this lightning causes various effects depending on the color.

Red Lightning Simply Destroys Stuff
Orange Lightning Magnetises Objects
Yellow Lightning Makes Bodies Numb
Green Lightning Raises The Dead
Blue Lightning Tickles The Target
Purple Lightning Causes Franklinstein's Creations To Come Alive

Aside from that Franklinstein also is incredibly durable, they can take apart any item and add it to their body to change their appearance, as long as they have their face intact they can simply form a new body from the general surroundings. Their minions are the forces of the Undead, zombies for footsoldiers, skeletons for magic users, gargoyles for heavy-duty fire, vampires for healers, and mutants for vehicle drivers. Finally, Franklinstein can create perfect copies of anyone they closely analyze, the only difference being that their eyes are different. Franklinstein's biggest advantage, however, is their high intelligence, they have a high amount of knowledge about the machines and creatures dwelling in each of these dimensions and can use them to their advantage to creature bosses for you to fight. Their greatest weakness is their nativity when it comes to making friends, I can see as the story goes on the villains of these worlds will try to trick Franklinstein into helping them before backstabbing them, this makes them angry and Franklinstein will begin to steal a piece of the dimension for themselves as a subplot. Eventually, this reaches a point where Franklinstein backstabs the villain and uses their plan to create Franklinland. So in conclusion this idea has so many possibilities to use for this villain.

Lady/Queen Vortress (Original) - Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Vortech’s Essence - Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear
Duplo Invaders - Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Prince Pourtaux - Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP
Original LEGO Family - @Darkonedagger
Entropy - KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99
Villains of the LEGO Multiverse - Northsouthmap Northsouthmap
Lord Quacken - AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Lord Vortech - Pokelego999 Pokelego999
Lord Franklinstein - Glubbfubb Glubbfubb

Main villain submissions for story mode are now over! Vote for your top three favorites! First place is three points, second place is two points, third place is one point. You can vote for your own in second or third place. Only one main villain will be selected for the story mode!

Voting for Spider-Man’s list of abilities are now over as well! KneeOfJustice99’s list of abilities will be selected for Spider-Man! Congratulations to KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 and thanks to everyone who participated in this job!

Job #11: Submit a list of abilities for the TIE Fighter from the first LEGO Dimensions

Below is a link to the LEGO Dimensions wiki that includes the entire list of abilities from the first game. You can also describe special animations that the TIE Fighter would do to perform them. We will be doing separate jobs to add new abilities to vehicles/gadgets into LEGO Dimensions 2. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me!

Top Bottom