• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Fighters Legacy, A Fighting Game Crossover

D

Deleted member

1. Sub-Zero
2. Fulgore
3. Filla

I think both Sub and Scorp should make the roster but Scorp is the obvious crossover pick so I went Sub first for a bit of a change lol.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
1. Fulgore
Also, Cyborgs are rad, every character ever should be a cyborg.
2. Sub-Zero (We gonna get a MK rep sometime, why not now... Plus, the entire reason we're getting two fighters this time is just because one is probably going to a MK kharacter, so that's also why I'm voting one)
3. Filia (Admittedly I haven't played Skullgirls, but I think a rep from it would be great to see and Filia looks cool. Also, I just want Indie rep at this point, any is fine)

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Job #16: Submit A Street Fighter and/or King of Fighters Boss

If you remember, a while ago we decided our modded would be called World Tournaments and some would have bosses. So this job will be the first one to decide bosses. We’ll do a total of 5 bosses but our first two will be from Street Fighter and King of Fighters. The boss will become unlockable as a playable character meaning our number of 50 is really 55.

So for now I’d like you to submit a boss character you think we should add from Street Fighter or King of Fighters. Bosses from Fatal Fury or Art of Fighting will be allowed for KoF. Anyone is allowed just as long as they were a boss in those series and if you’re wondering if a character counts as a boss, you can go ahead and ask. Please submit the character and explain what their moves would be. Don’t worry about how they would be controlled when they’re playable, we’ll deal with that later. I’d also like you to describe the area the fight takes place in.

(and the picture is just there for visual flare, it’s not saying your submission has to be one of those characters)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mbison-fist-of-the-north-star-legends-revive-art.png

M. Bison

Arguably the most most iconic Street Fighter boss. The Head of the criminal organisation known as Shadaloo. He is an extremely common threat throughout the series, often dying and being resurrected. He fights with his powerful psycho power attacks. His Arena would be something like the Lair of the Four Kings from SFV.

Rugal Bernstein

The main villain of the first two King of Fighters games and a recurring boss throughout the series. A crime boss with dark hidden power. He was famous for being a difficult opponent. He copies the fighting styles of other strong fighters, including fellow bosses Gesse Howard and Wolfgang Krauser. He also is sometimes known to possess the power of Orochi. His arena would be based on one of his boss stages from KOF.

Sorry for the short write ups. Hoping someone submits Geese and Akuma.

Last edited by a moderator:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Job #16:

Street Fighter Boss - Gill

I'll just leave this here below, as my research went for the following boss. A credit goes to Perkilator Perkilator for the original post.

View attachment 247564

Boss: Gill (VA: Liam O'Brien)

Game of Origin: Street Fighter III: New Generation (1997)

What does the boss do?

-Impact Claw: Gill chokes the player with either hand (16%, OK knockback). With his left hand, Gill can freeze the player. With his right, Gill can Meteor Smash the player.

-Pyro-kinesis (left side only): Gill shoots a fireball from his right hand that goes wherever the players is (17%, OK knockback)

-Cryo-kinesis (right side only): Gill shoots an ice ball from his left hand (17%, OK knockback) that has a chance to freeze the player.

-Flames of Ruination: Gill creates a pool of lava on the floor, and several small pellets of lava spurt out of the ground (9% each, small knockback)

-Primal Hail: Gill sends out six hail blocks (6%, small knockback) that move around in different patterns; every odd one moves clockwise, and every even one moved counterclockwise.

-Moonsault Knee Drop: Gill jumps up doing a moonsault, and then drops down attacking with his knees (19%, OK knockback)

-Divine Comet: Five small icicles rain down one at a time at Gill's command, leaving a giant stalagmite that can freeze the player (6% each, small knockback)

-Primal Fire: Gill creates a fireball that shoots three streams of fire (11% each, OK knockback)

-Ice of Doom: Gill can either create an icicle with his left hand, going out horizontally (16%, OK knockback with a chance to freeze the player) or step on the ground with his left foot and create a row of stalagmites (17%, OK knockback)

Super Arts: Gill has a gauge below his health bar (about ⅕ the length of his health) that gives him access to one of three Super Arts (along with a secret one) once full.

Meteor Strike: Gill sends down a rain of pyrokinetic and cryokinetic meteors (7% each, OK knockback) in the space in front of him.

Seraphic Wing: Gill jumps up and lets out six wings, and then summons an attack similar to Tabuu's Off Waves (39%, far knockback)

Primal Tornado: Gill surrounds himself in a tornado of fire and ice, and launches it in the direction he's facing (44%, far knockback)

Resurrection: When defeated with a full Super meter, Gill comes back to life and his health is restored to ¾ the length of his Super meter, pushing back the player with a brief shockwave (15%, OK knockback)

Setting/Intro: The Egypt stage from Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact. Gill gives his book to his assistant, and raises his right hand up.

"The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA."

Defeat: When defeated with normal attacks, Gill's knees collapse and he falls to the ground. When defeated by special moves, Gill is launched into the air and falls on the ground.

Music: Nile
Fatal Fury/King of Fighters Boss - Geese Howard

Fatal Fury's big bad, South Town's kingpin and the original SNK Boss Syndrome nightmare (figuratively and literally) with a hobby of falling down high buildings himself, who even visited Heihachi once in the seventh King of Iron Fist tournament. No introduction needed.

The fight takes place at the top of his signature Geese Tower (especially it's appearance in Real Bout Fatal Fury) and during it, his iconic theme song, "Soy Sauce for Geese", will play in the background.

Intro Animation: The classic sliding door intro cutscene plays before showing Geese with his back facing the camera and tossing off a white kimono, as the player character prepares for a fight and he gestures at them while shouting: "Bring it on! I'll destroy you all!". When Terry faces him, he'll say instead "I've been waiting for you!", following with Terry growling his name as he clenches his fist before entering a idle stance.

Victory Animation: If the player loses against Geese in a fight, a cutscene will play in which he crosses his arms and steps down on their body as he exclaims "Stay down, maggot.", akin to one of his victory poses in Tekken 7. If he wins under his "nightmare" form, Geese will laugh while spreading his arms and saying "Give in to your fears!"

Defeat Animations:
  • Normal - A cutscene plays where Geese is shown dazed at the edge of his tower, as the player performs a jumping kick, which causes him to fall off the tower at a large height. Based on the normal ending in Fatal Fury: King of Fighters.
  • Easter Egg - If Terry defeats Geese with a super move attack (either using one of his Super Special Moves or a normal finisher), the latter will be sent flying through the balcony. Terry quickly grabs his hand in attempt on trying to save him from falling. However, Geese wrenches his arm away from Terry's grasp, laughing while falling to his death when a screen goes to black. This references a scene from Terry's ending in Real Bout Fatal Fury, which was also re-enacted at the end of his reveal trailer in Tekken 7.
Moveset: Geese himself definitely lives up to his REPPU-tation as one of the difficult bosses to face off, all because of his high health, AI's insane priority and many powerful attacks of his own besides normal martial arts attacks and jumping kicks, such as:
  • Reppuken - Geese slashes his hand upwards, creating a wind blade-like chi projectile that quickly travels forward along the ground.
  • Double Reppuken - Geese quickly creates a stationary chi projectile in place, before performing a second and slightly larger Reppuken which goes forward, doing more damage and canceling any projectile it hits.
  • Shippuken - When in the air, Geese will fire a chi fireball diagonally downwards from his hand. He can also launch two of them at once with both hands.
  • Jōdan Atemi Nage - Geese's infamous counter move, which has him catching the player's attack either above or in-front of him with his hand, before grabbing and slamming them hard onto the ground behind him, all while shouting his iconic "PREDICTABO!"
  • Hishō Nichirinzan - Geese charges forward with a shoulder tackle, then leaps into the air and swipes his hand downwards to create a wind blade, acting pretty much like Terry's Power Dunk.
  • Ja'ei Ken - Geese rushes forward while performing a quick three-hit fist combo, which he ends with a chi-fueled palm strike that launches the player forward.
  • Raimei Goha Nage - When a player is left downed on the floor, Geese will grab them right from it, lifting them up as he exclaims "Stand up!" and then turns around to slam them back onto the ground as a lightning bolt strikes them right at the same time.
When his health goes out for the first time, Geese will start a second phase by going back up and summons a purple chi energy aura around him (similar to his secret Nightmare boss fight in Real Bout Fatal Fury Special) to make his attacks much more powerful, able to perform them/recover faster, become more resilient to damage and even giving him access to perform three of his desperation moves.
  • Raging Storm - Geese crosses both of his arms as he channels his power when raising them into the air as he shouts "RAGING.... STORM!!!!" and then slams both onto the ground, summoning large claw-like energy spikes or lightning bolts around him, the latter referencing Thunder Break.
  • Deadly Rave - Geese quickly lunges forward as he channels his fists with chi energy. If he hits the unfortunate player in-front of him, he will attack them with a quick and strong 7-hit melee combo, before finishing by blasting them with an explosive, point-blank energy shot.
  • Rashomon - Geese points at the player as he says "Now die!" as he grabs them in-front of him. He then uppercuts them into the air and starts quickly swinging both arms in opposite directions as he charges chi energy into them. He then strikes the falling player with a two-handed palm strike, which launches them forward far away and does the most damage compared to his other desperation moves.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
Since Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule mentioned that the bosses can be from Capcom and SNK in general: then for each side i choose:
Capcom: Pyron (DarkStalkers)
SNK: Neo Dio (World Heroes) [Note: ADK's franchises are now fully owned by SNK]

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Since Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule mentioned that the bosses can be from Capcom and SNK in general: then for each side i choose:
Capcom: Pyron (DarkStalkers)
SNK: Neo Dio (World Heroes) [Note: ADK's franchises are now fully owned by SNK]
These aren’t eligible sorry. For this job specifically they have to be from Street Fighter or King of Fighters, and they can also be from Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting due to those series’s heavy connections to KoF. Bosses from other Capcom and SNK series will be eligible for future boss jobs though.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Street Fighter:
  1. M. Bison
  2. Gill
King of Fighters:
  1. Geese (well, feels a little cheating, but if Champion insisted so in Discord for only this particular job...)
  2. Rugal

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Alright, here are the results of the Job #16 voting:

M. Bison 14
Gill 4
Akuma 12
Geese 15
Rugal 10

And so M. Bison and Geese will be the first two bosses we add! Now onto the next job:

Job #17: Submit A Final Destination Equivalent

For this one, submit a completely flat stage to be our final destination equivalent and have the same layout. The stage can be from a series that isn’t represented yet, a series that already has a stage or a series that is represented but doesn’t have a stage yet. Also keep these things in mind:
1. If you submit a stage that is from a series that isn’t represented yet, it will deconfirm that series for playable representation.
2. Fatal Fury, Soul Calibur, Mortal Kombat, and Killer Instinct will all get their own seperate jobs for stages and if a stage for any of those series gets added in this job they’ll get two stages.

Thats pretty much all there is so please submit a location for a stage and where exactly in the location the fight takes place!

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Since there aren't any more submissions, Aomori will be used. Now we'll move onto the next job:

Job #18: Submit A Second Tekken Character
See the source image

Since it was... technically one of the first series we had in this game, we're gonna have another rep from Tekken! So please submit a character from Tekken, explain who they are and how they fight, and why they should be in this game.

Resubmitting Heihachi:
Job 2:
Heihachi Mishima

Heihachi is a Villain of Tekken Series. He is Kazuya's father and Kasumi's Husband and Jinpachi's Son. He threw Kazuya to volcano while Kazuya was 5 year old and later he was thrown by Kazuya in Tekken 1 & 7. Heihachi is the most Iconic Tekken Character and he is considered to be Tekken's Mascot.

If he was Added into Fighting Game Platform Fighter, he could have the Same moveset from Tekken Series and Playstation Allstars. He could be Rushdown Character, where he focuses more attacking Enemies while going towards them. His Final Smahs could be where he throws opponents into Volcano like in Tekken Series.

D

Deleted member

Nina Williams
Nina is a mainstay of the Tekken franchise, having appeared in every Tekken game since her first appearance in the original game. She even got her own (admittedly not that great) beat em up spin off, Death by Degrees. An Irish woman raised as an assassin alongside her sister Anna, who she would develop a fierce rivalry with. She was originally hired to kill Heihachi Mishima and later his son Kazuya. Kazyua used her in an experiment, putting her and Anna in cryo sleep for 16 years, leading her to having slow aging and amnesia. She would later become the bodyguard to Jin Kazama. She is known for her fast and brutal fighting style.

tbh I'm hoping we get more submissions as there are a lot of cool Tekken characters

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
My submission is gonna be Paul Phoenix. Pretty much just because… he’s one of the original cast and he’s cool and I like him. Yeah I just kinda like him that’s why I think he would be good as a second Tekken rep.

With that, I’m finishing up Job #18 so here are the options. Please vote for your top three or two most wanted in order. You can only put your own submission in second or last place.
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Heihachi Mishima
@Darkonedagger Nina Williams
airConditioner airConditioner Lee Chaolan
nirvanafan nirvanafan Yoshimitsu
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Paul Phoenix

My votes:
1. Nina
2. Lee
3. Paul
Man, it’s gonna be tough picking just a few characters from each series to put in here. It’s highly likely tekken will get another rep eventually so I do hope we get a good character then

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the Job #18 voting:
Heihachi 2
Nina 10
Lee 5
Yoshimitsu 14
Paul 5

And so Yoshimitsu is gonna be our second Tekken rep! Now onto the next job:

Job #19: Submit A Moveset For Nightmare And/Or Kazuya
A fitting job for after we just added a “Tekken and Soul Calibur” rep, for this one you can submit a moveset for either Kazuya, Nightmare or both. Please submit each special, the ultimate attack and any command specials.

Now for Kazuya, it’s fine if your moveset is mostly attacks from smash ultimate and if you wanna just submit his smash ultimate moveset that’s fine too. (let’s just say this game is developed by namco, that way it’s not technically plagiarism) You can also submit changes to his ultimate moveset if you want to as well.

D

Deleted member

Nightmare is a giant character with a great range. He can quickly rack up damage with Soul Edge. He has great knock back force. However, his size makes him an easy target and if he misses an attack he is left wide open. His jumping and speed leave much to be desired, and he has little defense against fast and long range attacks.

Special Gimmick - Soul Charge:
Executing combos correctly will cause Soul Edge to glow red, activating Nightmare's special form. His attacks will be more powerful. Missing attacks will cause this to disappear.

Neutral Special - Soul Wave:
Nightmare unleashes a burst of dark energy that deals damage to anyone who gets too close. This can be charged up. If someone tries to attack Nightmare during this, it will turn into a counter, dealing more damage.

Side Special - Grim Stride
Nightmare dashes towards the opponent and. But if the player inputs a command during the dash, they will preform a special attack:

Forward + A will allow players to preform Grim Fang: Nightmare will swat forwards with his claw. This can be used to reflect incoming attacks.

Back + A will allow them to preform Grim Launcher: Nightmare slams Soul Edge unless, flinging an opponent up into the air.

Pressing B during the Stride will activate Grim Wave: Nightmare unleashes a mini Soul Wave.

Grabbing during Grim Stride will activate Death Strike: A powerful command grab that if pulled off will grant Soul Charge.

Up Special - Canonball Splitter:
Nightmare does a front flip with Soul Edge pointing out. Will keep dealing damage untill he lands.

Down Special: Soul Smasher:
Nightmare stabs Soul Edge into the ground in front of him. If this move lands a direct hit on an opponent. Nightmare will then channel dark energy and release it into his pinned opponent, sending them flying. Pulling this off grants Soul Charge.

Final Smash - Dark Reconquista Triumph:
Nightmare uses Soul Edge’s power to create a horse out of its dark energy. He then rides forward on his steed, delivering a powerful slash to anyone who gets in his way.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Kazuya's Moveset would mostly be the same from ultimate with the same gimmicks and everything, but there is a big change

Devil Kazuya is a proper transformation, With this transformation Kazuya has a different set of specials for each form. Kazuya Gains his Devil Form when he has Rage.

Normal Form

Neutral B: Wind God Fist/Electric Wind God Fist, Functions the same as the command input version but less powerful overall.

Side B: Hell Lancer, Kazuya Leaps Forwards with his foot out, this is a powerful long range kick

Up B: Dragon Uppercut, Same as the command input version, but less powerful but when done in the air Kazuya is propelled upwards.

Down B: Slicing Blade, Kazuya Performs an Entrails Smash, which is a powerful punch to the ribs, If Kazuya presses B after someone is hit Kazuya performs a Lion Slayer which is a powerful right elbow hit.

Devil Form
(Same as in Ultimate)

Both forms share the same final Smash.

Final Smash: Devil Kazuya, Kazuya transforms into Devil Kazuya and immediately enters an ultra powerful devil form. When the timer ends Kazuya shoots a volley of lasers.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Both submitted movesets will be used by default. Now onto the next job:

Job #20: Submit A Soul Calibur or Mortal Kombat Stage

For this one, I’d like you to submit a stage for either Soul Calibur, Mortal Kombat, or both. Please submit a location and the layout.

Top Bottom