• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Fighters Legacy, A Fighting Game Crossover

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Feel like we could maybe get two from this (that's mostly because I love all these submissions) but it's up to the OP obviously
I was thinking that as well but I think I won’t do it this time just because we’ve already had a few previous jobs added two characters and we have quite a few movesets to do. I probably will have some more jobs that add two characters in the future, though.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Here are the results of the Job #10 voting:
Sub-Zero 10
Taffy 4
Filia 3
Arizona 1
Akira 10
Terry 11
Sukapon 6
Orcane 7

And so Terry will be the next character! Now onto the next job:

Job #11: Submit A Moveset For Sol Badguy or Morrigan
We’re continuing the job from before this thread went on hiatus. I’d like you to submit either a moveset for Sol Badguy, Morrigan or both. All you need to submit are the specials and ultimate attack as well as any command specials or stronger versions of specials.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Did you forget? I don't currently have time for Morrigan.
Gimmicks:
  • Airdash - By double-tapping left or right in the air during a first jump, Sol will dash horizontally forwards or backwards mid-air.
  • Super Jump - By inputting down and then quickly up while on the ground, Sol will jump at a high vertical distance to catch opponents higher up in juggling..
  • Tension Gauge - When Sol attacks opponents or receives damage, the gauge will rise. However, he will lose Tension if he stands still, doesn’t attack or shields too often.
  • Faultless Defense - By pressing both "shield" and “special” buttons at the same time when attacked, Sol will become immune to shield damage in exchange for 25% Tension.
  • Roman Cancels - Allows Sol to extend his combos by spending a certain amount of Tension, being able to entirely cancel the animation of an attack he’s currently doing and suffering no end-lag. A cancel is indicated by the flash of aura he displays while using them.
    • Yellow Roman Cancel - Occurs when cancelling a move while an opponent is not in hit-stun or block-stun. Consumes 25% Tension.
    • Red Roman Cancel - Occurs when cancelling a move while an opponent is in hit-stun or block-stun. Consumes 50% Tension.
    • Purple Roman Cancel - Occurs when cancelling a move during recovery frames. Consumes 50% Tension.
  • Burst - By pressing the “special” button while in hit-stun, Sol will rise a short distance into the air and release a burst of energy, spawning a hitbox that knocks the opponent away. Requires 100% Tension.
Special Moves:
  • Neutral Special:
    • Ground: Gun Flame - Sol slams his Junkyard Dog Mk. III onto the ground, producing fiery pillars which travel along it. Pressing the button twice will fake out/"feint" a move as Sol just slams it onto the ground, but doesn’t create any flame pillars. Using the strong special button variant will slightly increase flame pillars’ damage and make them go faster.
    • Air: Sidewinder - Sol performs an aerial flaming straight punch, similar to Fafnir's. Using the strong special button variant will increase the move's damage.
  • Forward Special:
    • Light: Bandit Revolver - Sol jumps forward in an arc, while performing a two-hit overhead kick. Holding the button will increase the move's damage.
    • Strong: Bandit Bringer - Sol leaps forward in an arc and performs a lunging, downwards punch akin to Terry’s Power Dunk instead of a overhead kick. Just like Bandit Revolver, holding the button will increase the move's damage.
  • Back Special:
    • Ground: Fafnir - Sol engulfs his fist on fire and then quickly dashes forward while punching. Using the strong special button variant will increase the move's damage and distance.
    • Air: Riot Stamp - While in the air, Sol will leap forwards with his foot engulfed in flames. When connecting with an opponent, the kick will create a small explosion. Using the strong special button variant will make it stronger with a larger explosion.
  • Up Special: Volcanic Viper - Sol jumps up into the air, performing a flaming uppercut with his Junkyard Dog Mk. III. Pressing the button again will make Sol perform an aerial kick which spikes opponents. Using the strong special button variant will increase the move's damage and cause multiple hits while rising before a spiking kick.
  • Down Special:
    • Ground: Night Raid Vortex - Sol glides across the ground while keeping his stance low before delivering an explosive blow, launching an opponent into the air. Holding the button will extend the distance Sol moves. The move can be used to evade high attacks and projectiles. Using the strong special button variant will make an uppercut much stronger.
    • Air: Break - While in the air, Sol will perform a flaming kick downwards that explodes when he lands, working similarly to Captain Falcon's aerial Down Special. Using the strong special button variant will make a move much stronger.
  • Final Smash: Branding Breach - Sol performs Fafnir to hit any opponents to trigger a cutscene. When done, Sol will charge up his Junkyard Dog Mk. III, jabbing opponents onto the gun barrel and then fires a massive laser beam out of their backs. If Sol kills the last opponent with a Final Smash while they’re over 100%, a special victory screen will play in which he is seen with his back turned to the camera, standing up, turning around and facing the camera as he says “You’re still just medium rare.”, complete with a “DESTROYED” banner from the Guilty Gear games.
Overdrives:
  • Tyrant Rave (→ ↘↙ ← →) - Sol performs a flaming gut punch, which stuns the opponent in-front of him and then uses his Junkyard Dog Mk. III to deliver an extremely powerful flame blast, which launches them away. Costs 50% Tension to use and a stronger version (Tyrant Rave ver. Beta, which is inputted with → ↘↙ ← → + strong special button) requires a full gauge.
  • Dragon Install (↓ ↙ ← ↓ ↙←) - Sol activates his Dragon Install form by overflowing himself with power, making himself glow red across his body to increase his damage and movement/attack speed for 10 seconds. It also makes his special moves far more powerful than strong special button variations. Costs 50% Tension.
    • Gun Flame - Becomes a strong, single flame pillar with a larger, higher hit-box.
    • Sidewinder - Now has increased range and damage, akin to Fafnir.
    • Bandit Revolver - Produces a larger damaging kick with an explosive effect.
    • Bandit Bringer - A hit-box extends both in-front of and behind Sol, with increased damage.
    • Fafnir - Propels Sol even further with increased attack range and damage.
    • Riot Stamp - Becomes much quicker and more powerful, even spiking an opponent when connecting a kick.
    • Volcanic Viper - A uppercut is much stronger and has more horizontal/vertical recovery.
    • Night Raid Vortex - Has farther rushing distance and stronger damage.
    • Break - Becomes faster, has a vacuum effect and makes a more powerful explosion upon hit.
    • Tyrant Rave - A flame burst becomes larger and travels farther, doing multiple hits.
    • Air Throw - Turns into P.B.B, a dashing command grab, which has a much stronger explosion.
  • Heavy Mob Cemetery (↓ ↙ ← ↓ ↙ ← + Dragon Install) - When in his Dragon Install form, Sol transforms into a much stronger form, lunging forwards with his wings (having super armor during this). If he hits an opponent, he will grab them, flying up and slamming them down with a huge fiery explosion, causing massive damage. Costs 50% Tension.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Neutral Special: Soul Fist
She punches one fist forward which makes a wave of white and yellow energy come forward.

Side Special: Vector Drain
She reaches forward. If she grabs anyone she then flies directly upwards, spins around, then flies back down and slams them into the ground

Up Special: Shadow Blade
She turns one wing into a blade and jumps upwards, slashing it upwards

Down Special: Shell Pierce
She jumps upwards then drills downwards directly into the ground

Ultimate Attack (Close): Valkyrie Turn
She flies directly forward. If she then hits someone she goes behind them and does a drill attack into their back

Ultimate Attack (Far): Finishing Shower
She shoots a bunch of homing missiles from her wings which fly at enemies
Anyways I think we're going to do tracklists for this thread so I want to ask everyone something: would people prefer it if I had us do specific jobs for stage tracklists, or would it be better to allow everyone to submit music and have it be added automatically? I'm fine with it either way so I'm wondering what people would prefer.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Or would it be better to allow everyone to submit music and have it be added automatically? I'm fine with it either way so I'm wondering what people would prefer.
I'm probably going to choose the latter decision. Maybe movesets would be those in future too, considering that it led into hiatus the last time, as people are there mostly for character jobs rather than participating in others, which was usually the case in other threads.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
The movesets will be used by default. Okay moving forward we're going to do music so that people can submit it at any time. There are a few rules to it though: the limit for music for each series will be 10 and the series will get 3 more for each new stage. You can submit as many tracks as you want but try not to completely fill up the tracklist with music right at the start. Also, whatever music track plays on the stage in it's source will be added automatically. Here's a smaller next job:

Job #12: Submit A Way For Ultimate Attacks To Work
Submit a way for characters to be able to get their ultimate attacks. It can be a smash ball like smash ultimate or a meter like more traditional fighting games.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Job #13: Submit A Stage For Yie Ar Kung Fu or Tekken
Please submit either a Yie Ar Kung Fu stage or a Tekken stage or both. Please submit a location and the layout. Remember to try and keep the layout simple.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Skyring (Tekken 3)
1644270166805.png

A wrestling ring probably too high in the sky, the Skyring is a wrestling ring that is too high in the sky.

This stage has a long width with 3 jump/fall-through platforms evenly placed (one at the very left, the very middle, and the very right) with winds suddenly appearing being able to push players to the left or right (like the stage Dream Land, except the winds come from outside the blast zone and extends to the other side)

Mountains (Yie Ar Kung Fu)
1644271003994.png

Mountains are a cold environment it seems.

The stage has a slight upward slope from the left side of the screen stopping around the half of the stage, then it stays flat for the length comparable to the bottom platform of Small Battlefield, finally the main platform stops and shots straight down ending the main platform. On the straight part of the platform the entire stage in Yie Ar Kung Fu can be seen in it's entirety. The main platform is icy and
slippery.

The stage has a ceiling with Icicles injuring anyone that touches it.

This is a stage I'm not comfortable enough with my words to describe so here's a rough draft of what the stage looks like (missing background details and I accidentally made the icicles too big).

Mountains.png

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
If nothing else gets submitted, Mountains will be added as a stage by default. Now onto the voting for the Tekken stage. Please vote for your top three most wanted in order. You can only put your own submission in second or third place.
CheeseAnton CheeseAnton Sky Ring
Tekken_Guy Tekken_Guy G. Corp Helipad
@Darkonedagger Moonlit Wilderness
nirvanafan nirvanafan Tekken Bowl
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Mishima Dojo

My votes:
1. Moonlit Wilderness
2. G Corp
3. Sky Ring
Really interesting stage ideas. We probably will add a second Tekken stage at some point, just so everyone knows. And we will definitely add another Tekken character sometime soon as well.

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
1. Moonlit Wilderness (sometimes it's great to just have locations that look nice. I get this is a fighting game, and one that's not even real, but I like the idea of a couple of stages that act kind of as a breather from the chaos of other stages. Plus, from what I gathered from the stage description this is probably a walk-off stage and I'd like to Cheese the opponents with blastzone camping)
2. G Corp (don't know much about Tekken but this seems important plus I like the ideas enough)
3. Skyring (Me)

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Here are the results of the Job #13 voting:
Sky Ring 10
G Corp Helipad 17
Moonlit Wilderness 11
Tekken Bowl 3
Mishima Dojo 7

And so G Corp Helipad will be our stage! Now onto the next job:

Job #14: Submit An Oolong or Chun-Li Moveset
Submit a moveset for either Oolong or Chun-Li. Please submit the four specials as well as any command specials and the final smash. I’m curious to see if people have any ideas for how to adapt Oolong into a game like this so this should be fun!

D

Deleted member

Chun-Li:

Neutral Special: Kikoken
She puts her palms together and shoots out a small ball of energy.

Side Special: Spinning Bird Kick
She jumps up, feet first in the air, and does the splits. She will then twirl her upside down body and attack with her legs like helicopter blades.

Up Special: Tenshokyaku
She leaps upwards and kicks repeatedly while spinning.

Down Special: Hazanshu
She flips forward, slamming one of her legs onto the ground.

Final Smash (Far): Kikosho
She gathers intense ki energy in her palms, then releases a strong energy blast forwards that travels across the stage and finishes off with a large explosion of energy that sends opponents flying

Final Smash (Close): Hoyokosen
She kicks whoever is in front of her, and then preforms a rapid fury of kicks before kicking them upwards, spinning into them and kicking them upwards with both feet.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Alright, so I might attempt an oolong moveset later on so we can finish this job but I also think I’ll do a change to the way music is submitted. I’m gonna make it so that we’ll just automatically use whatever music track is on the stage in its original game and then by the end when we have every stage we’ll add a few iconic tracks people think should be in.

also just so everyone knows my laptop broke so it might be a while before I’m able to add things to the main page again

After this moveset job, I’ll do another character job.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Okay so what I think I’ll do is add the Chun-Li moveset, start the next job, and then submit my Oolong moveset later on. So then, here is the next job:

Job #15: Submit A Western Character
Submit a character from a western fighting game property to add as a playable character! Please submit a character, explain who they are and a bit about how they fight, and why they should be in this game. Only criteria for this one is that they must be owned or created by a western company, so pretty much one from anywhere aside from Asia.

Gonna add the top two most voted characters from this job. Mostly because honestly I feel like one of them is pretty much 100% gonna be a mortal kombat character lol.

Job 15:
Scorpion (Mortal kombat)

Scorpion, aka Hanzo is main character of Mortal Kombat series made by Midway, but it's owned now by Warner Bros. He is a netherrealm spirit that fights with others in brutal and gory way to protect the Earthrealm from threats that exist in the his universe.
Scorpion and his game were iconic, so he deserves to be in the Game.

Scorpion would fight like in his game, where he uses his Spear and his martial arts that he practiced.
He also has some input commands in his moveset.
His Ultimate would be, where he takes of his iconic mask and breathes fire at opponents, making the look toasty!

I did a short write-up, because you guys know Mortal Kombat, so nuff said about Scorpion...

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
View attachment 343937
In any case, my submission will be Orcane (Rivals of Aether)

We do not have platform fighters yet represented. Orcane would be perfect to represent the genre. He originally started as Vaporeon in Dan Fornace's demake Super Smash Land. Since then, Orcane has been used to represent the Rivals franchise since then in games like Fraymakers. He can fight with his puddles as well as not be able to grab ledge (like in the original Rivals game) as well as have no shield and rely on parries.
Job 15

Resubmitting Orcane.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
I could submit Arizona but I feel I do that enough already, so I'm doing something else this time.

Kick (Divekick)
1645221055211.png

Kick was raised in West Philadelphia with his fraternal twin brother, Dive. When trouble brewed at their local park, the boys’ mother sent them to live with their Uncle Sensei in Bel Air to learn how to Divekick. Kick strives to perfect the art of kicking, and is sure that success on the Divekick circuit will help him launch a music career. His focus on chasing the local honeys has lead him to neglect his dive training, however. (stolen word for word from
here)

Kick comes from a unique fighting game where there's only two buttons, a Dive button and a Kick button. This immediately brings up a red flag as he shouldn't have moves for a full moveset, but
IndiePogo already proved otherwise as we could use his personality and The Fresh Prince of Bel Air as references for a good moveset.

I think Kick would be a great inclusion because he's a unique fighter in terms of fighting and characteristics, and overall would be a fun character to include.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
I'm submitting Sub-Zero. I won't go too in detail because he's been submitted here before and another mortal kombat character has been submitted already but I do think he would be a good first mortal kombat rep to add.

With that, I'll finish up Job #15. Here are your options so please vote for your top three most wanted in order. Your own submission can only be in second or third place.
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Scorpion - Mortal Kombat
cashregister9 cashregister9 Filia - Skullgirls
HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64 Fulgore - Killer Instinct
@Darkonedagger Lum - Fantasy Strike
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast Orcane - Rivals of Aether
CheeseAnton CheeseAnton Kick - Divekick
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Sub-Zero - Mortal Kombat

My votes:
1. Fulgore
2. Orcane
3. Sub-Zero

Top Bottom