• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: Drifting Dimensions - The ultimate crossover kart racer!

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Anime/Manga Franchise:
lupin.png

Lupin the III

One of the more iconic manga/anime and for a very good reason having zany plots and high-energy action and some of the best car chase scenes ever seen.

I think there's possible ideas for vehicles and tracks like having the famous yellow Fiat as a kart for example.

Characters: Lupin III, Fujiko Mine, and Kochi Zenigata

Edit: Oh wait that was already submitted

Last edited:

Baysha

Smash Ace
Anime/Manga Franchise:
View attachment 363648
Lupin the III

One of the more iconic manga/anime and for a very good reason having zany plots and high-energy action and some of the best car chase scenes ever seen.

I think there's possible ideas for vehicles and tracks like having the famous yellow Fiat as a kart for example.

Characters: Lupin III, Fujiko Mine, and Kochi Zenigata
I think you'll like what Champion of Hyrule submitted.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Ghost Gang's skin will be Ghost Gang 2

Taizo's skin will be classic

Mappy's skin will be his Shiftylook design

1. Knight Pac-Man = 2
  2. Pac-Land = 4
  3. Ghostly Adventures Pacster = 5
  4. Pac-Devil = 8
  5. Super Pac-Man = 10
Pac-Man's skin will be Super Pac-Man
  1. Pac-Marie = 4
  2. Pepper Pac-Man = 5
  3. Classic Promo Ms. Pac-Man = 10
  4. Pac-Mom = 10
Please vote here in the runoff

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - Jotaro, Dio, Giorno

Just imagine the memes.

Ms:
  1. Pepper
  2. Classic Promo

Pac
  1. Pac-Devil
  2. Knight
Dragon Ball (Shonen Jump/Shueisha, Manga/Anime)
View attachment 363621
Dragon Ball is a manga/anime series made by Akira Toriyama, a famous manga writer and it's released by Shonen Jump (or Shueisha). It also has really popular anime adaptations that were made by famous Toei animation studio.
The series follows about Son Goku, who is saiyan with really strong powers and he defends the planet Earth from cosmic threats like the main antagonist Frieza.

Dragon Ball is one of Most iconic manga/anime series ever made and it's popular worldwide. Also Goku is a pop culture icon, so it would make it as very obvious pick.

As for the season, it would include 3 racers:
1. Goku (The protagonist)
2. Vegeta (Goku's rival)
3. Frieza (The villain of the series)
Dragon Ball has a lot of vehicles to use as karts in this game for example like Goku's cloud or Krillin's car.
Heck, it also has many locations to use as race tracks like planet Namek and Gizard wasteland for notable examples.

I nominate Dragon Ball Z, because it's one of most popular manga franchises that are known worldwide and it would be cool if we included Goku in Drifting Dimensions.
Also the concept of DB content in DriDim seems awesome, since we have many DB characters to use in game.
(Can't wait to see Goku racing with Homer in this game)
1. Super
2. Ghostly Adventures

1. Pac-Marie
2. Pac-Mom

Astro Boy
View attachment 363647
Astro Boy, Dr. Tenma, Uran
1. Pac-Devil
2. Ghostly Adventures

1. Classic Promo Ms. Pac-Man
2. Pepper Pac-Man

Anime/Manga Franchise:

Resubmitting Speed Racer/Mach GoGoGo

ezgif-2-98990f0175.jpg

Since Pac-Man was all about chasing, now how about a classic anime franchise that’s all about auto racing? Speed Racer/Mach GoGoGo is an anime franchise that pretty much defined anime in the United States until the 90s. Since then, it spawned a franchise in America resulting in a live-action movie, an one-act play, toys, video games, etc. This franchise is kind of a big no-brainer to join a big crossover racing game as after all, the series is about auto racing.

Racers:

Speed Racer/Gō Mifune (the protagonist)

1362258-speed_racer_speed_racer_485532_701_576.jpg

Racer X (The Masked Racer) (The mysterious character)

Racer_X_promotional_image.jpg

Trixie/Michi Shimura (The female rep, she is the girlfriend of Speed Racer and is basically the anti-Penelope Pitstop)

View attachment 363623
Pac Devil
Knight

Pac Mom
Classic Promo

Tokyo Ghoul - Kaneki, Juuzou, Eto
My Hero Academia

View attachment 363628

Characters:Izuku Midoriya,All Might and Ochaco Uraraka
Don't know if this one is eligible, but want to try anyway
Studio Ghibli

I don't necessarily know if a single ghibli film would provide enough content for a whole IP, so why not all of Ghibli's classic films
Characters: Totoro, Kiki, San
One Piece

One Piece is one of the most famous anime/manga franchises out there

the 3 characters will be Luffy, Zoro & Sanji, Nami & Usopp
1. Classic Promo
2. Pepper

1. Super
2. Pac Land

Gonna be honest my main picks for these are definitely either Dragon Ball or One Piece (totally not biased but also I think both of their aesthetics are perfect for this game, like imagine a ship as a kart that’s cool) but still I’ll throw one out there:

Lupin III has frankly a ridiculous amount of shows and movies all carried by super iconic characters and really fun adventures.
Characters:
1. Lupin III
2. Fujiko
3. Zenigata
Super Pac-Man
Pacster

Pac-Marie
Pac-Mom

I really don’t intake much anime but my sister does so I’ll drop in her favorite:
View attachment 363640
Demon Slayer
I don’t know much about this show but I’ve been keeping my sister up to date on this thread since she finds it funny, and I think she’d like it if this made the cut. Starter characters are Tanjiro, Nezuko, and Inosuke.
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Iconic for the memes, beloved for its unforgettable story. The first three characters would be Shinji, Asuka, and Rei.
1. Super Pac-Man
2. Pac-Devil

1. Pac-Mom
2. Pepper

View attachment 363646
Cowboy Bebop
Spike Spiegel, Faye Valentine, Radical Edward & Ein

A beloved series full of cool vehicle designs and settings. Considered a hugely influential and iconic show. Cast may not be as huge as some others but there's enouth fun characters for js to work with.
  1. Cowboy Bebop
  2. Neon Genesis Evangeleon
  3. Demon Slayer
  4. Lupin the 3rd
  5. One Piece
  6. Studio Ghibli
  7. My Hero Acadamia
  8. Tokyo Ghoul
  9. Speed Racer
  10. Astro Boy
  11. Dragon Ball
  12. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Please vote for your top 5:
  1. 4
  2. 3
  3. 2
  4. 2
  5. 1

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Franchise: Wipeout
Track: Sol
Sol 2.png

Sol is the craziest track ever built! Twists and turns and stuff all in one building. This track runs high in the skies of Nova State City. Watch out, because there are barely any barrier walls, making the racers prone to falling down as they are more likely to happen to fly off the track. So, take it easy and be careful, as the lack of barrier walls could lead you to the drop of doom.

Sol 1.png

All the craziness in one single freakishly tall skyscraper!

Music:

1. Jojo
  2. Lupin
  3. Dragon Ball
  4. Hero Academia
  5. Speed Racer

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Dragon Ball
2. One Peice
3. Jojo
4. Ghibli
5. Lupin

Last edited by a moderator:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
View attachment 363667
Sol is the craziest track ever built! Twists and turns and stuff all in one building. This track runs high in the skies of Nova State City. Watch out, because there are barely any barrier walls, making the racers prone to falling down as they are more likely to happen to fly off the track. So, take it easy and be careful, as the lack of barrier walls could lead you to the drop of doom.

View attachment 363668

Music:

1. Jojo
  2. Lupin
  3. Dragon Ball
  4. Hero Academia
  5. Speed Racer
  6. Astro Boy
Vote for 5, not 6.

FazDude

Smash Master
I have very little experience with anime, so I mainly based my submissions based on what I knew best.
  1. Dragon Ball
  2. MHA
  3. Jojo
  4. One Piece
  5. Speed Racer
Track Only Franchise: Hot Wheels (Trick Tracks)

I previously submitted Hot Wheels as a vehicle-only franchise, but after remembering this specific line, I knew I wanted it in as a track.

For three glorious years (2008-2011), Hot Wheels released several sets for the Trick Tracks line. Each of these sets consisted of a few pieces of track, as well as a "stunt" piece which could be used as either a beginning, middle, or end piece. This allowed you to create tons of different track combinations for stunt-after-stunt action. And it was awesome.

As a track in DriDim, Trick Tracks would encompass all three "themes" that the line had; A generic theme, the Dino subtheme, and the Robots subtheme. Of course, the main draw of this track is the wide variety of stunt sets which serve as setpieces and hazards during the race. Definitely one of the game's wildest tracks yet!

Music: Main Theme - Hot Wheels: Beat That!
Technically, this song has nothing to do with Trick Tracks, but it's the song I associate with Hot Wheels the most.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Studio Ghibli
2. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
3. Speed Racer
4. Neon Genesis Evangelion
5. Dragon Ball

Track Only Franchise: Six Flags (Six Flags Theme Park)
Song: We Like to Party (The Vengabus) by Vengaboys

Six-Flags-1.jpeg

It was hard for me to come up with a track only franchise and since we do not have a theme park brand yet, why not Six Flags? Sure, Six Flags is declining but hopefully in this world, the dev team of Drifting Dimensions will collaborate with them to bring a new attraction to the theme park based off of the game as well as Drifting Dimensions getting a track where you race around the theme park. You will race across and on roller coasters, go past carnival games, etc. It will be a bit like Mount Wario, each lap counting as a section of the park.

First part will be the roller coasters/thrill rides, second part will be past the souvenir stores/carnvial games, final part is by the waterpark and then the kiddy rides area.

Six Flags only has Mr. Six but he will be cameoing in the background dancing. There is not a lot of potential for racers and karts so Six Flags seems fit for this job.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I don't have a good image for it at the moment, but I will add one when I get home.

Crazy Train (Ozzy Osbourne) (Remixed Track: Crazy Train)

Finally, a home track for Thomas!

This track would take place on and beside the railroad seen in the music video, complete with the transcending red guitar flying alongside the racers. Like many of the tracks in Sonic And Sega All-Stars Racing: Transformed, the first lap starts out fine enough in terms of hazards, just one train that occasionally blisters across the narrow (fits about 2 karts or 4 bikes) track, forcing you to choose between getting squashed or driving along the rougher, noticeably slower, but much safer terrain. As the race goes on, however, trains are flying above (with jet boosters) and crashing into the earth, the train on the railroad gets continually faster to the point where you can't even use it anymore, and the second half of Lap 3 has the racers driving atop a gaggle of trains that have crashed out of the ground beneath them and fly them to the finish lap in the clouds, where the band is waiting for them (which reveals that they were providing the song that was playing this whole time).

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Track franchise: Planet of the Apes

You start by driving around a canyon and then go into the village from the original. You then drive a bit through some caves with a missile, inspired by Beneath the Planet of the Apes and then the track finishes at the iconic scene of the statue of liberty at t he beach. Various ape characters make cameos.

Song: Dr. Zaius (The Simpsons)

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master

You start by driving around a canyon and then go into the village from the original. You then drive a bit through some caves with a missile, inspired by Beneath the Planet of the Apes and then the track finishes at the iconic scene of the statue of liberty at t he beach. Various ape characters make cameos.

Song: Planet of the Apes Main Title
(i had no ideas for songs so I just looked up planet of the apes main theme lemme know if the song doesn’t really fit)
all fun and games until homer and bart race on the dr. zaius stage

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Franchise: A-Ha
Track: Take on Me

One of the most iconic music videos of all time. On this track you drive from the cafe to the comic book, turning into a sketch from time to time, and come out in the apartment at the finish line. A 3-part track.

Song: Take on Me
View attachment 363667

View attachment 363668

Music:

1. Jojo
  2. Lupin
  3. Dragon Ball
  4. Hero Academia
  5. Speed Racer
Hero Academia
Tokyo Ghoul
One Piece
Dragon Ball
Ghibli

Horizon Festival (Forza)

Original track based around the big car/music festival aesthetic all the games go for.

Song - A medley remix of the series menu themes.
I have very little experience with anime, so I mainly based my submissions based on what I knew best.
  1. Dragon Ball
  2. MHA
  3. Jojo
  4. One Piece
  5. Speed Racer
Track Only Franchise: Hot Wheels (Trick Tracks)

I previously submitted Hot Wheels as a vehicle-only franchise, but after remembering this specific line, I knew I wanted it in as a track.

For three glorious years (2008-2011), Hot Wheels released several sets for the Trick Tracks line. Each of these sets consisted of a few pieces of track, as well as a "stunt" piece which could be used as either a beginning, middle, or end piece. This allowed you to create tons of different track combinations for stunt-after-stunt action. And it was awesome.

As a track in DriDim, Trick Tracks would encompass all three "themes" that the line had; A generic theme, the Dino subtheme, and the Robots subtheme. Of course, the main draw of this track is the wide variety of stunt sets which serve as setpieces and hazards during the race. Definitely one of the game's wildest tracks yet!

Music: Main Theme - Hot Wheels: Beat That!
Technically, this song has nothing to do with Trick Tracks, but it's the song I associate with Hot Wheels the most.
1. Studio Ghibli
2. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
3. Speed Racer
4. Neon Genesis Evangelion
5. Dragon Ball

Track Only Franchise: Six Flags (Six Flags Theme Park)
Song: We Like to Party (The Vengabus) by Vengaboys

View attachment 363671

It was hard for me to come up with a track only franchise and since we do not have a theme park brand yet, why not Six Flags? Sure, Six Flags is declining but hopefully in this world, the dev team of Drifting Dimensions will collaborate with them to bring a new attraction to the theme park based off of the game as well as Drifting Dimensions getting a track where you race around the theme park. You will race across and on roller coasters, go past carnival games, etc. It will be a bit like Mount Wario, each lap counting as a section of the park.

First part will be the roller coasters/thrill rides, second part will be past the souvenir stores/carnvial games, final part is by the waterpark and then the kiddy rides area.

Six Flags only has Mr. Six but he will be cameoing in the background dancing. There is not a lot of potential for racers and karts so Six Flags seems fit for this job.
View attachment 363672
Aperture Labs (Portal)
From the popular Valve game. Players drive through the lab, through various puzzles, and in and out of portals. Glados, Wheatley, Ratman and Atlus and P-Body make cameos.
Track - Still Alive
1. Dragon Ball
2. One Piece
3. Evangelion
4. Jojo
5. Ghibli
Track-only Franchise - Tomodachi Life - The Island
Music - (
Afternoon on the Island)

Race a full lap around the island, cheered on by classic Miis from all sides!
I don't have a good image for it at the moment, but I will add one when I get home.

Crazy Train (Ozzy Osbourne) (Remixed Track: Crazy Train)

Finally, a home track for Thomas!

This track would take place on and beside the railroad seen in the music video, complete with the transcending red guitar flying alongside the racers. Like many of the tracks in Sonic And Sega All-Stars Racing: Transformed, the first lap starts out fine enough in terms of hazards, just one train that occasionally blisters across the narrow (fits about 2 karts or 4 bikes) track, forcing you to choose between getting squashed or driving along the rougher, noticeably slower, but much safer terrain. As the race goes on, however, trains are flying above (with jet boosters) and crashing into the earth, the train on the railroad gets continually faster to the point where you can't even use it anymore, and the second half of Lap 3 has the racers driving atop a gaggle of trains that have crashed out of the ground beneath them and fly them to the finish lap in the clouds, where the band is waiting for them (which reveals that they were providing the song that was playing this whole time).

Song: Dr. Zaius (The Simpsons)
1. Jojo
2. Ghibli
3. Dragon Ball
4. One Piece
5. Speed Racer

Track Franchise
The Oregon Trail

View attachment 363686
Song: Oregon Trail 2 Theme

The Oregon Trail is a very popular game series based on a real event, the track would take you through the Oregon Trail in a visual style similar to the first game including many hazards seen in the game.
  1. The Oregon Trail (The Oregon Trail)
  2. Planet of the Apes (Planet of the Apes)
  3. Crazy Train (Ozzy Ozzborne)
  4. The Island (Tomodachi Life)
  5. Aperture Labs (Portal)
  6. Six Flags (Six Flags)
  7. Trick Tracks (Hot Wheels)
  8. Horizon Festival (Forza)
  9. Sol (Wipeout)
  10. Take on Me (A-Ha)
Please vote for your top 5
  1. 4
  2. 3
  3. 2
  4. 2
  5. 1

By removing my vote for Pac-Mom, classic promo will be Ms. Pac-Man's skin.

1. Demon Slayer
  2. Tokyo Ghoul = 3
  3. Astro Boy = 3
  4. Lupin the 3rd = 4
  5. Cowboy Bebop = 4
  6. Neon Genesis Evangeleon = 9
  7. Speed Racer = 14
  8. My Hero Acadamia = 16
  9. One Piece = 22
  10. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure = 30
  11. Studio Ghibli = 33
  12. Dragon Ball = 42

Goku, Vegeta and Frieza are looking for the strongest challengers... they probably aren't gonna find 'em here, but it's worth the effort! Dragon Ball Z is coming to Drifting Dimensions, courtesy of Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds - who can't submit, but has extra votes!

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit up to 3 Dragon Ball Z characters!

Please submit up to 3 Dragon Ball Z characters - for now I won't be allowing classic Dragon Ball, but we could do that as a seperate franchise later down the line - however, all other Dragon Ball properties are allowed. Please include an image

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Oregon Trail
2. Apenture Labs
3. Six Flags
4. Take On Me
5. Crazy Train

Character submissions:

Android 21 (I just really like her)

5-55616_dragon-ball-android-21-hd-png-download.png.jpeg

Android 17