• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: A more fleshed-out SSBM (Job #22: Event Matches 1-10)

How much more dev time should Melee get?

• 6 months

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A year

Votes: 12 85.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
2​
11​
8​
And FazDude FazDude is the winner! Congratulations!

Job #3: Submit a Donkey Kong character

Thie was originally gonna be "Submit a Rare character" but by this time Rare is fully owned by Microsoft, hence why no Rare characters made it in Melee. So to make up for it, we'll instead be submitting a Donkey Kong character! Doesn't necessarily have to be limited to the Rare games.

D

Deleted member

I took the easy choice of Wario last time so I'm gonna let someone else take Diddy.

King K. Rool
I like villians and heavies. I think it'd be cool to see how characters who where added from Brawl onwards (4 and Melele especially) would play in melee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dixie Kong

Dixie Kong is one of supporting DKC characters and she is a spider monkey with blonde ponytail and Diddy's GF.
She has ability to spin around and hover in air for some time.
She could have cool moveset potential for a fighter in Smash Melee 2.0 and she is one of Most requested Nintendo Characters in the game.
(It's a short write-up, so people know who she is)

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 2:

This may be cheating and I will delete this if it is, but my idea is to have Diddy and Dixie as a duo character. This would be a nice reference to a scrapped idea for Brawl, which was to have both be playable simultaneously.

However, since hardware restraints on the Wii (a stronger console) prevented that, perhaps they could reuse the Icies’ mechanic or, if that’s too difficult, work like Duck Hunt, where they’re controlled by a singular AI and move, attack, take damage, etc. at once.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
So I got a couple questions about this thread:

1. How much bigger will our roster be than the original Melee roster?
2. How are we gonna handle stuff like stages? Are we just building upon the preexisting lineup or are we doing what we're doing with the characters and sorta more or less starting from scratch?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
So I got a couple questions about this thread:

1. How much bigger will our roster be than the original Melee roster?
2. How are we gonna handle stuff like stages? Are we just building upon the preexisting lineup or are we doing what we're doing with the characters and sorta more or less starting from scratch?
  1. Roster will be an itsy bit larger than the original one
  2. We’re going to build upon the pre-existing stage lineup

Perkilator

Smash Legend
King K. Rool​
19​
Diddy Kong (solo)​
18​
DIxie Kong (solo)​
4​
Diddy and Dixie​
6​
Donkey Kong Jr.​
6​
And in a shocking twist of fate, King K. Rool is the winner! Well, the more villains the better!

Job #4: Submit a Moveset for King K. Rool

I feel like most of the specials will be obvious, but I'd still be curious to see other people's interpretations!

FazDude

Smash Master
I'm basing K. Rool's design off of his DK64 appearance, and while you could do everything Ultimate K. Rool does based off that (and I would be more than OK with just using that moveset), I did want to try and do something different. I mainly went for a stage-control/trapper vibe with him, since that's an archetype I find really interesting and kinda absent from Melee.

• Neutral Special: Blunderbuss
    • Pretty much the same move from Ultimate - Fire the cannonball, suck it up (or an opponent), shoot it in a different direction.
  • Side Special: Crownerang
    • Again, the same thing as in Ultimate, with K. Rool using his crown as a boomerang. However, it would act much more like Link's Boomerang, with the crown always returning to K. Rool.
  • Up Special: Kremling Slam
    • The first move which got flatout changed, K. Rool leaps into the air before coming down with a mighty stomp. It's pretty much Dedede's Up Special.
  • Down Special: Klaptrap
    • K. Rool pulls out a Klaptrap and leaves it to patrol whatever platform it was placed on. It won't stay around for too long, but it'll repeatedly bite any opponent who happens to cross its path, leaving them open for K. Rool to attack.

Last edited:
Job 5:
Scizor (Gen 2)

Scizor is bug/Steel type pokemon, who debuted in Gen 2. He is based on insects with elements taken from scissors. He evolves from Scyther.

He has a moveset potential, since he could use Bug-type moves and occasionally steel-type moves. He also could include original attacks in his moveset.

We never had a Bug-type Fighter in Smash, so Scizor would fit into the Roster.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 5:

Heracross is my pick. It’s a fighting Pokémon, which fits with the theme and genre of Smash, and its relevancy was boosted by it being on Ash’s team in the anime.

Missed out on the last job since notifications stopped showing for some reason. FazDude FazDude ’s moveset is better than anything I could come up with, so that was probably for the best.

Last edited:
Top Bottom