• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Basically me whenever I find a new reviewer I like watching. JonTron was legit funny but he’s just become an unfortunate mess recently imo.
after that whole debacle i realized that i actually like having informative AND funny videos rather than j*tr*n's nonsense random humor. his review for nuts and bolts is legitimately terrible in almost every way

don't @ me but nuts and bolts is a great game

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
i mean he makes some funny jokes but i cant laugh at them bc I just think of how racist he is
I heard the dude in that pocast was know to me manipulative and this isnt about him, I dont let that get in the way of enjoying things personaly

Life quickly becomes even harder to live once I do that

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
In Smash 4 you were limited to 3 taunts per stock in For Glory, not sure why they couldn't have done something similar. Or even one, if people want to give like a signature animation after a good kill.

I end up just doing a Smash Attack now, but it's not the same.

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised you didn't do one for the Rhythm Reporter! I had TWO good Ideas for her!
"RHYTHM REPORTER Comes to Smash! (Is That True?!)"
or
"RHYTHM REPORTER: Live on the Scene!"
Edit: By the way, what does everyone think of my new signature? :3
Ooo, oo i've got 3

Bandana Waddle Dee joins his Star Allies
Rabbid Mario slides onto the battle ! umm should we crack the ice block now ?
Yarn Yoshi weaves his victory !

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
It's the same ****ing thing in terms of how conditionals work. It's not difficult to program.
I mean, I’m sure it is easy to keep an Assist Trophy from appearing on a stage because of a particular stage element, but to have a Assist Trophy not appear on a stage it can normally appear on otherwise because a particular character was selected seems like a much more difficult task.

I’m not going to argue with you though since you seem to know so much, and because you’re desperately vicegripping the idea because there’s some Assist Trophy character you want to be playable NOW!

Have fun setting yourself up for disappointment when none of the DLC characters are Assist Trophies characters.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yes because it triggers people.
Nah, it annoys people. I doubt people are genuinely getting triggered by taunts.

I mean, I’m sure it is easy to keep an Assist Trophy from appearing on a stage because of a particular stage element, but to have a Assist Trophy not appear on a stage it can normally appear on otherwise because a particular character was selected seems like a much more difficult task.

I’m not going to argue with you though since you seem to know so much, and because you’re desperately vicegripping the idea because there’s some Assist Trophy character you want to be playable NOW!

Have fun setting yourself up for disappointment when none of the DLC characters are Assist Trophies characters.
I don't even think Assist Trophies will be made playable via DLC, but arguing against one thing isn't desperately vicegripping. If making appear rates zero just because a character is selected is too hard, then just make it zero all the time. It's not that hard.

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
Chunli, the first lady of fighting
KOSMOS activated. Threat eliminated.
Pyra I'll use this power to make our hopes a reality!
Saber, the heroic spirit, manifests
Diablo invades the World of Light
The Queen of Blades emerges to fight once more
Tyrael will not let this injustice stand
Time stops for Li-Ming
Shantae dances through the danger
Lloyd Dwarven Vow #10. Play hard, play lots!
Lenneth It will be engraved upon your soul! Divine Assault! Niebelung Valesti!"
Praxis "Seriously, it was a job and a half, cause, heh, when we went to see the guy, there was another guy, and he was like: "Hey do this other job" so then we did, but when we got back, he was like "It's free right?" and we were like "nah-ah" and he was like..."

D

Deleted member

Keep unlocking characters. It's either random or World of Light, and World of Light is at least 5 hours till you can unlock him.
God ****ing Dammit
UGGGGGGGGGGH It's gonna take forEVER.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Assist Trophies won't appear depending on what stage is selected, so just make it so they also can't appear if any of the players has the fighter selected.

I don't know coding, but this sounds entirely possible. I kinda doubt they actually tied the AT's conditional to a stage element rather than the stage itself, as that sounds simpler.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's literally not different at all lol.

Considering that the DLC was likely decided before we even knew Ultimate was a thing, I don't think promotions will happen, but to say anyone who sees a way it can happen is blinded by bias is dumb.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
Why aren’t we allowed to taunt in online matches?
Like some others have said, I'm pretty sure taunts are not allowed online because they don't want taunt parties for the umpteenth time.

And also, thankfully my main doesn't necessarily need to taunt. If RNG is on my side, :ultdaisy:'s idle animation definitely gets the point of a taunt across. ;)

D

Deleted member

Beating someone as Pichu is way better than taunting anyway.

And besides, the best one is still available. :ultkingdedede:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Like some others have said, I'm pretty sure taunts are not allowed online because they don't want taunt parties for the umpteenth time.

And also, thankfully my main doesn't necessarily need to taunt. If RNG is on my side, :ultdaisy:'s idle animation definitely gets the point of a taunt across. ;)
There were legit taunt parties in Smash 4? I never really play online when it comes to console games (I’m kinda old fashioned like that) so that’s pretty new to me. I, however, did get a 12 month subscription to the Switch’s online service as an early Christmas gift when a friend came to town so I might as well use but I’ll pretty much reserve it for playing with friends.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
SSBU-How-To-Unlock-Characters-In-Classic-Mode.jpg

This is probably the easiest to follow for Classic Mode unlocks. You can unlock any character in the group by playing the above character. So basically, using DK will unlock Bowser, then you can use DK or Bowser to unlock Pokemon Trainer, then any of those three to unlock the next, etc. So if you just go DK > Bowser > Pokemon Trainer > Dedede, it's probably the quickest.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
It's literally not different at all lol.

Considering that the DLC was likely decided before we even knew Ultimate was a thing, I don't think promotions will happen, but to say anyone who sees a way it can happen is blinded by bias is dumb.
I’m not saying it couldn’t happen. To me, it just seems highly unlikely and pointless.

All the characters everyone is so miffed about being Assist Trophies have been clamored for for ages. It’s not like Waluigi, Shadow, and Isaac only just got popular right before Smash Ultimate’s release. If they were going to be playable, they already would be.

I don’t see the need for same game promotions. It just seems like wasted development time.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 183296

This is probably the easiest to follow for Classic Mode unlocks. You can unlock any character in the group by playing the above character. So basically, using DK will unlock Bowser, then you can use DK or Bowser to unlock Pokemon Trainer, then any of those three to unlock the next, etc. So if you just go DK > Bowser > Pokemon Trainer > Dedede, it's probably the quickest.
I'm not even good as DK, Bowser, or Rosalina! Oh well, at least I'll have an easy time with Ivysaur...

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
i mean he makes some funny jokes but i cant laugh at them bc I just think of how racist he is
What's weird about it is that it's something I would have never expected from him. He was pretty huge on the bernie train during the election and before that, he seemed pretty progressive. It certainly was odd to hear him imply that black people have a genetic predisposition to commit crimes. I'm sure his opinion is different now, but he hasn't properly addressed it like he should. His content is really good, so I guess it just goes to show that no matter how problematic someone is, people will not think about it if they enjoy their content. I'm a pretty big hip-hop fan, and that kind of **** happens all the time with rappers(6ix9ine, Kodak Black, XXXTENTACION, etc.). it's crazy how people throw their moral compass out of a window as long as they're entertained

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom