• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm surprised you didn't do one for the Rhythm Reporter! I had TWO good Ideas for her!
"RHYTHM REPORTER Comes to Smash! (Is That True?!)"
or
"RHYTHM REPORTER: Live on the Scene!"
A Rhythm Heaven Challenger would be cool but who they should be always makes my head hurt.

Karate Joe makes the most sense but nobody wants him

Sakurai wants to do Chorus Kids, but what on earth would the move set be?

The fans want Wrestler and Reporter but, again, what would their moveset be? I always thought they’d make a better Assist Trophy.

I’m actually really surprised the Chorus Kids aren’t here. They were worked on for Smash4 (long enough to have an emblem in the games code). I always assumed they were scrapped for the same reason as the Ice Climbers. So it would have made sense to finish them up and give us them here. I was gonna say they could make it as an a la carte DLC Challenger, but they have a spirit! Uhg. I really hope that spirits DON’T deconfirm fighters, but the only one we get is someone like Chorus Kids. Not Geno. Not Rayman. (Even if I do really want them) Just Chorus Kids.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm surprised you didn't do one for the Rhythm Reporter! I had TWO good Ideas for her!
"RHYTHM REPORTER Comes to Smash! (Is That True?!)"
or
"RHYTHM REPORTER: Live on the Scene!"
As much as I enjoy the Reporter as a character, Tap Trial Girl is my pick when it comes to Rhythm Heaven reps in Smash...

She's a blank slate, so it would be easy for her to have items and characters from the franchise in her moveset. without feeling too out of character, unlike the Reporter, or Karate Joe, who already have set personalities.

That being said, the Reporter's my next RH pick, then it's the Chorus Kids, then Karate Joe...

D

Deleted member

As much as I enjoy the Reporter as a character, Tap Trial Girl is my pick when it comes to Rhythm Heaven reps in Smash...

She's a blank slate, so it would be easy for her to have items and characters from the franchise in her moveset. without feeling too out of character, unlike the Reporter, or Karate Joe, who already have set personalities.

That being said, the Reporter's my next RH pick, then it's the Chorus Kids, then Karate Joe...
Hmm, I suppose that makes sense. :3

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
Here’s a crazy idea for DLC, Ludens from Death Stranding/Kojima Productions! If Joker, Cloud, Bayonetta, And Snake can join then this guy can too!

D

Deleted member

“Crash Bandicoot Doubles The Insanity!”/“Crash Bandicoot Has Landed!”

“Spyro Gets Released!”

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
SPYRO Gets fired up!
NEMESIS Makes them see STARS!
MARX Deceives the competition!

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I once saw a fan design for a “Rhythm Troup” Challenger. Which was her, Maxwell, and an Offbeat Monkey. That feels like a good character design for Rhythm Heaven.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
First the pocketing crash bug:

Now this:

Isabelle is literally a danger to this game. She’s too powerful.
...This is why she Isabelle...
There was a problem fetching the tweet

The mission's never over.
snake...Snake...SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE...stop with the missions buddy and find your ***
(also why do people care about tails in smash so much, the game obviously doesn't care about most sonic things)
It’s not that Smash doesn’t care for most Sonic things (hell he has the best scene in WoL and one of, if not, the best Classic Modes in the game), it’s likely that Sega only wants certain things to be done for their top franchise and Sakurai works through that the best he can...same goes for Bayonetta...both are still doing way better than Final Fantasy of course
I know, and that annoys me. I’m not even a huge Sonic fan, but Sonic’s been in more Smash games than he hasn’t (the only third party who can say that) and he’s a longer time vet than most of the Ninty cast. Now that third parties are allowed second characters, Sonic should absolutely get one.
Sega doesn’t seem like they want another Sonic rep just yet (Smash 4 we got Bayo instead of Shadow/Tails, and Ultimate we get Joker instead of Shadow/Tails/Jeanne/& Knuckles). They likely want their Sega reps to all be from different series so that they’re all unique fighters. Though I would still want another Sonic character...or 4...it’s smart of Sega to want to get their other series to get more recognition through Smash

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
PHOSPHORA Makes a Shocking Entrance!
MEDUSA's Uprising Has Been Resurrected!
MONSTER HUNTER's Quest Has Started!

Those were the times when I'd be hopeful. At this point, MonHun is my only hope left, but I'm beginning to have my doubts. I can still dream and imagine, though.

D

Deleted member

My Bayonetta amiibo just arrived.

With her, i own every amiibo of the third party characters playable in Smash released to this day.

I will be looking forward to get my hands on Ken, K.Rool, the Belmonts, Snake and of course Dark Samus.

D

Deleted member

I only think the first one is funny, tbh.
Yeah only people I see who are offended by it are huge Yoshi fans

Not that thats inherently a bad thing, it just means that you're passionate about the character which can be a good thing

D

Deleted member

Yeah only people I see who are offended by it are huge Yoshi fans

Not that thats inherently a bad thing, it just means that you're passionate about the character which can be a good thing
Now i am curious to ask Zinnith about it.

D

Deleted member

People who say the Yoshi Committed Tax Farud meme is not funny are just trying to cover for Yoshi. So tell me: how much did the dinosaur pay you?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

People who say the Yoshi Committed Tax Farud meme is not funny are just tryong to cover for Yoshi. So tell me: how much did the dinosaur pay you?
He unlocked the Norfair theme in Ultimate for me alongside the Metroid spirits.

Seriously, they just never spawn in the store or the Spirits board.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I once saw a fan design for a “Rhythm Troup” Challenger. Which was her, Maxwell, and an Offbeat Monkey. That feels like a good character design for Rhythm Heaven.
I believe saw that too, and yeah, it'd be pretty great
Now i am curious to ask Zinnith about it.
If I recall correctly, he hates it...

But I don't...
I find it mad funny

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
But I think we can all can come together on one common agreement.

Scott's 100th video was a much more better video than Jon's Flex Tape II.
Nothing matters anymore now that Super Best Friends has broken up!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I believe saw that too, and yeah, it'd be pretty great

If I recall correctly, he hates it...

But I don't...
I find it mad funny
Ok then.
And i like that idea for the Rythm Heaven rep too. It sounds like a mix between Ice Climbers and Duck Hunt.

Now see, I know that in this thread, we can all have our agreements and disagreements.

Some people would actually like Steve? from Minecraft to join Smash Ultimate, while others may not. Some people may think Star Wars is not as complex as Star Trek. Some may think that house arrest is just another form of weird fetishes people have.

But I think we can all can come together on one common agreement.

Scott's 100th video was a much more better video than Jon's Flex Tape II.

Thank you for joining my TEDtalk, and remember:

View attachment 183271
#CaddicarusSquad

Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
the only good video game reviewer is nitrorad

scott's alright too i just hope he's not racist

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
I have a little game thingy to play. Basically, just post your ideas for the Splash Art Text of some of your most wanted newcomers, or just those you have a good Splash Art Text idea for.
I'll start:
"DR. EGGMAN Conquers the Competition!"
"GENO Comes to Life!"
"ZOE TRENT Struts Her Stuff?!"
a SLIME draws near!
SORA opens the door!
NiGHTS takes flight!
REIKO NAGASE cruises into battle!
KLONOA enters the ring!
COOKING MAMA will fix this!
PARAPPA has gotta believe!

D

Deleted member

I have a little game thingy to play. Basically, just post your ideas for the Splash Art Text of some of your most wanted newcomers, or just those you have a good Splash Art Text idea for.
I'll start:
"DR. EGGMAN Conquers the Competition!"
"GENO Comes to Life!"
"ZOE TRENT Struts Her Stuff?!"
Elma_gun_point_tumblr_nksu2f4mFC1qiik7vo3_1280.png
ELMA has a ****ing gun oh god oh ****

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
After listening to Castlevania's remixes here, I decided to make a list of my ten favorites:

10. Dance of Gold (Symphony of the Night): This one feels like I'm about to embark on a quest within a castle, which I think was the intent. And it did it's job very well.

9. Aquarius (Dracula's Curse): One of the more guitar heavy renditions and I am all for it. The beginning is very Bloody Tears-esque but that is certainly not a bad thing.

8. Lament of Innocence (Lament of Innocence): Lament of Innocence is one of the Castlevania entries I know the least of but this is fantastic.

7. Beginning (Dracula's Curse): One of the best tunes of III is one of the best in Smash. It's really good.

6. Bloody Tears/Monster Dance (Simon's Quest): Overall an amazing rendition to two Castlevania classics.

5. Black Night (Castlevania The Arcade): I am a sucker for choirs so this had to make the list over how awesome the choir sounds here.

4. Lost Painting (Symphony of the Night): I didn't think I'd enjoy this one as much as I do, but it really grew on me upon constant listening. Easily one of the catchier Castlevania tunes.

3. Out of Time (Castlevania): As soon as I heard this in the August Direct, I already knew this would be one of my favorites. It was my favorite until I heard the other two more and realized I enjoyed them a bit more. That's not to say this track isn't amazing, because it is.

2. Divine Bloodlines (Rondo of Blood): The violins are majestic. That alone makes it one of the better Castlevania renditions.

1. Cross Your Heart (Haunted Castle): This rendition....they went the extra mile for this one. This is easily one of the best tracks in entire game, it's not just the best from Castlevania. Every single thing about this rendition is perfect and it makes Dracula's Castle my most played stage in the entire game. I love everything about this rendition.
Top 10 favourite CV remixes
Adds a track that wasn't a remix but directly ported while naming the game it's from

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432

As a matter of fact, I have been watching quite a bit of Nitro’s reviews recently. He is indeed great. I go to him often for platformer reviews since I’m a huge fan of that genre.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, I don't know jack about Granblue Fantasy, but having an action game developed by Platinum Games AND a fighting game developed by Arc Systems definitely has my attention.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So, I don't know jack about Granblue Fantasy, but having an action game developed by Platinum Games AND a fighting game developed by Arc Systems definitely has my attention.
Where were you on that fateful Sunday, when the thread had a huge change of heart when it came to Katalina?
Let's just say it got a lot of people's attention...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The only good videogame reviewers are SomeCallMeJohnny and ProJared(when will he return from war tho)

I've been on this same constant state of fear ever since I started watching his videos.
"Pls dont be jontron 2.0 pls dont be jontron 2.0 pls dont b"

Bionichute

Smash Champion
I've been on this same constant state of fear ever since I started watching his videos.
enjoying content is so hard now that we have to actually be aware of who makes it. don't want to support actual nazis

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Basically me whenever I find a new reviewer I like watching. JonTron was legit funny but he’s just become an unfortunate mess recently imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom