• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Potato_

Smash Lord
They really going with the manga references huh

This is by far the weirdest Pokemon thing to reference in a game that's marketed towards GO players
Their way of trying to get the hardcore fanbase on board I guess.

I know I was pretty adamant on "waiting for sale" but literally just seeing Red, Blue and Green in the trailer made me think about it for a little bit.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
I hope its Edelgard if that's the case. One she's another female character and two she's an axe user. Byleth would just be another generic swordfighter.
I really hope its Edelgard too, she would bring some really interesting movesets. Heres a thought what if she is the first character that can switch her stance. Im not sure if anyone here has played Smite, but Ullr one of the gods can switch his stance. He goes from using a bow as a weapon to using two axes if you switch his stance. What if Edelgard has a similar game mechanic, she would switch between her axe and her sword. Just a thought, but im all for her just being an axe wielder. And yeah I really hope its not Byleth, that would be a poor choice in my opinion.

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
Mega Man has up tilt, down tilt, fair, bair, dash attack, and grab. He at least has some options, but yeah, Bucket shuts down most of his good options. That's silly.
Mega Man is just a silly character. Never understood why is side tilt AND nair are pellets

KMDP

Smash Legend
That's a dumb thing I've always been angry about.
Why would Japan name the rival GREEN when the protagonist clearly would have Charizard, thus making GREEN pick Blastoise.

Damn you 1980's Gamefreak.
I just remembered this was a thing.

Yeah, the PLGPE teams are probably a reference to this image.

StormC

Smash Hero
The most important piece of footage to emerge from all of these demos:

TEN
YEARS
WAITING

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Sounds like Dark Samus either has a theme of her own or that the Metroid theme is now this:

Definitely late but if Samus/ZSS has the old theme (I doubt) then that means they put so much love into Metroid but Lucas has to share a song that's not even in his own game and that makes me salty.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
That can't be real. It's gotta be a glitch or something because that recovery looks... really tiny.
I seriously hope it is a glitch. It also doesn’t help that he goes into free fall after using side b unlike Fox and Falco.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Mega Man is just a silly character. Never understood why is side tilt AND nair are pellets
They wanted to reference the megaman thing of walking forward and jumping while shooting lemons, but they didn't exactly understand that those moves look and act ****ING WEAK in a fighting game.

D

Deleted member

Sounds like Dark Samus either has a theme of her own or that the Metroid theme is now this:

Definitely late but if Samus/ZSS has the old theme (I doubt) then that means they put so much love into Metroid but Lucas has to share a song that's not even in his own game and that makes me salty.
Ridley has the same victory theme as Dark Samus, Samus and ZSS have the old one. But Lucas shares with Ness still? Rats.

Ragel

Smash Apprentice
If Nintendo isn't going to say who's in the DLC, then I actually hope for a datamine. Mainly because I would like to know what I'm buying in the Season Pass rather than go full Peter and buy a Mystery box. Yes I know revealing them straight away would ruin the surprise but it makes more sense to let consumers know what they're getting rather than not telling them.
I'm sure they'll release reveal trailers prior to release, the only "mystery box" you're commiting to is the season pass. And you'll most likely be able to buy the pass all the way through the releases.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
They wanted to reference the megaman thing of walking forward and jumping while shooting lemons, but they didn't exactly understand that those moves look and act ****ING WEAK in a fighting game.
mega man's set is really good for his character, i just wish he was

fun to play at all

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432

Dark Samus and Ridley are the only ones to have the new theme.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Their way of trying to get the hardcore fanbase on board I guess.

I know I was pretty adamant on "waiting for sale" but literally just seeing Red, Blue and Green in the trailer made me think about it for a little bit.
But it's not even Red, Blue, and Green. Red never used a Machamp, Lapras, or Arcanine, and Green never used a Ninetales among others. Where's Red's Poli or Vee? Green's Jigglypuff or Ditto?

It's close, but not close enough.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Nah, that's just their numbering in the files. The files count forms separately, so they'd be 880 and 881.
In the Nat dex they're 808 and 809.
Whew, was worried about 80+ pokemon in gen 8 for a moment there. Funny thing is that Necrozma was 800 pokemon in dex.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ridley has the same victory theme as Dark Samus, Samus and ZSS have the old one. But Lucas shares with Ness still? Rats.
Didn't Ridley have a different one in the E3 demo???????????
hello, beta64?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
mega man's set is really good for his character, i just wish he was

fun to play at all
The way you use him is by pretending like you are in an actual Mega Man game.

Luckily, the Wily Capsule got nerfed to hell and back this time. Even Sakurai knew that particular one was hell. :4pacman:

The most important piece of footage to emerge from all of these demos:

TEN
YEARS
WAITING
All worth it. This year, DK fans can start living again.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The way you use him is by pretending like you are in an actual Mega Man game.

Luckily, the Wily Capsule got nerfed to hell and back this time. Even Sakurai knew that particular one was hell. :4pacman:
Yeah and the way you win with Bayonetta is pretending your opponents are defenseless combo-food for you to style on.

CLEARLY, HER MOVESET IS WORKING OUT FAR MORE SUCCESSFULLY.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Honestly my favorite headcanon bromance.

But it's not even Red, Blue, and Green. Red never used a Machamp, Lapras, or Arcanine, and Green never used a Ninetales among others. Where's Red's Poli or Vee? Green's Jigglypuff or Ditto?

It's close, but not close enough.
Oh I agree, they missed a lot of pokemon. Ditto in particular was one of her main pokemon for a lot of shenanigans.

Still, I am glad that they got the trio in one game at least.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I seriously hope it is a glitch. It also doesn’t help that he goes into free fall after using side b unlike Fox and Falco.
Its not a glitch since a forums player actually just used him and reported back in the Wolf thread.

But whatever, as far as the actual question goes, Side-B does leave you in free fall in all scenarios. I got 3 games in with Wolf and tested some things.

Shine and Melee Blaster don’t have good gimping angles, which is something I wanted to test.

Falling U-Air is pretty good, it also combos into U-Tilt, I am assuming this could lead into a longer combo but I didn’t have another game to test it.

F-Tilt can be angled up and down.

Up-B sideways seems horrible in terms of recovery, doing it upwards seemed decent. I theorized after I finished playing that it might be because the actual Up-B length is pretty short, but Wolf gets a small “push” in the direction he is moving when the move ends. If you’re moving sideways, this small “push” isn’t much faster than Wolf’s already pretty fast aerial speed and you start falling immediately (due to gravity) so the only real help in recovery is the length of the Up-B. Whereas, if you’re doing the Up-B upwards Wolf get’s pushed farther upwards, which not only gives you more vertical distance but also stalls the effect of gravity for a little bit longer. This is my theory why it seemed that way.

It also seemed to me that Wolf’s Up-B had many more angles than Fox’s Up-B. I did a very minor angle at one point (like -15 or something like that).

Wolf’s aerial speed and aerial drift seemed amazing but I haven’t played many other chars so IDK how it compares to the rest of the cast.

I’ll keep going regularly to play the game since the mall is 10-15 mins away and I’ll keep writting down whatever I find.
His reflector has invincibility, I haven’t seen it happen in game but in the Treehouse match vs Richter I watched it frame by frame and he has the white glow of intangibility on frame 6-9 (some people are saying it might be 7-10).

He still has the Howl and the Snarl exactly the same, he has a new 3rd taunt replacing “What’s the matter scared?” which is the taunt he does in his reveal video when he tells Duck Hunt to bring the star rod. He talks during this taunt but I have no idea what he says because it was too loud. Seems too short of a dialogue to be “What’s the matter scared?”.

F-Smash and B-Air are very slow start up but they have low endlag so they are hard to punish (B-Air seems to auto cancels every time the hitbox comes out, but if you land before the hit comes out it lags a ton). They hit relatively hard, not amazingly hard though. I didn’t do D-Smash in the whole match, I’ll test it out tomorrow! I managed to get like 10 games before it closed but I was testing many chars, tomorrow it will be all Wolf though.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
imagine last year before e3. theres one leak. it's that one
"It's clearly fake, because [insert reason here]."

I wonder what insane things people would come up with to decry that shot as fake.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
I saw this fun game on REddit, so I’ll bring it here. This image leaks at E3, before we learn that Everyone Is Here! (And then some). How would you (and the Smash fan base) react?

029CC61C-938C-41E7-804B-38271146B1F0.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom