• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
i do really just want to know the number of spirits

like, not know who all of them are

just the number

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Red and Green are post game fights. Red has his Mount Silver levels(85)

You can rechallenge Gym Leaders.

Both Solar Beam AND Sky Attack got a base power increase to a whopping TWO-HUNDRED.

And Meltan/Melmetal abilities, base stats, etc.
Wow.. Meltan's stats SUCK
Didn't expect that many new moves
And Sky Attack and Solar Beam are going to be broken as **** in the meta (Is there honestly even going to be a meta for LGPE?)

Last edited:

Dannish

Smash Apprentice
Red and Green are post game fights. Red has his Mount Silver levels(85)

You can rechallenge Gym Leaders.

Both Solar Beam AND Sky Attack got a base power increase to a whopping TWO-HUNDRED.

And Meltan/Melmetal abilities, base stats, etc.
Oh my. That's quite a buff. They needed it though.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Could you link me to malmetal's stats?
046/065/065/055/035/034; BST = 300. Ability: Magnet Pull
135/143/143/080/065/034; BST = 600. Ability: Iron Fist

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
tehponycorn, I love you, but the non-specific nature of these newcomer predictions hurts me. Be bold and pick a specific choice. :sadeyes:
Fine.
  • Sora/Erdrick
  • Steve
  • Doom Guy/Dovahkin
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Changing from Nintendo Rep to Rayman (Ubisoft has been with Nintendo for too long)

D

Deleted member

Sky Attack definitely did. Solar Beam, not so much. Mega Charizard Y now has a base 200 power move it can just throw out sense Drought negates the charge time of Solar Beam. Granted, Grass isn't the best attacking type, but it's still scary.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Tardiness be damned, this injustice cannot be suffered any longer
I agree on the fact that it needed more clear information. But the good news are that the download is free (it’s like Doom or Wolfenstein on Switch), so it isn’t an awful thing.

About cat fighters: while it relies on Sakurai, i feel like Blaze The Cat would be a good one as a Sonic echo.
Although I like the fact that people are more open to Blaze the Cat and would like to have her for DLC, please keep in mind one thing, she cannot be an echo character for Sonic!

One- DLC is echo free.

Two- Blaze has very different properties from Sonic, and I'm not just talking about her Pyrokinesis despite that being a very good example already (creating fireballs, flamethrower attacks, flame tornadoes, pillars of fire, flame swords, even flame teleportation)
1. She fights like a dancer, a Ballerina to be precise, while Sonic fights like a breakdancer.
2. She spins horizontally, and creates flame tornadoes (hence the pirouettes like a Ballerina) Sonic spins vertically.
3. She glide, hover, and fly using flames.

4. If Sonic and Shadow can THIS in their Super form, I'll eat a hat.

Please stop the misconceptions about Blaze being a echo before you hurt someone. XD

*screams internally*
*sigh* Too late, its okay chief, they can't hurt you anymore.

KMDP

Smash Legend
If that change sticks around for Gen VIII as a whole, then Mega Charizard Y, Kanto Ninetales and Primal Groudon are going to be super scary.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Like I said.

The Smash Game with all the roaming spirits is the perfect time for Nightmare to make an appearance.

For him.

Not for anyone else.
Too bad they'd just pick another karate fighter known as Heihachi over Nightmare. I'd much prefer Lloyd too which from the sounds of it might sound more likely then Heihachi himself.

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
wait how did lets go even get datamined it isn't supposed to be out for 6 days

did they get it via a demo?? could the same thing somehow happen for smash bros???

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
OH COME ON RED'S USING VENUSAUR AND GREEN'S USING BLASTOISE? YA MESSED UP THE COLORING SCHEME SMH

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Well since we're (somewhat) on the topic of Bandai Namco reps, who are your top 5?

Mine are:
1. KOS-MOS
2. Nightmare
3. Lloyd
4. Agumon
5. Heihachi

I'd also put T-elos up there, but I'm trying to be semi-realistic here.

Shroob

Sup?
wait how did lets go even get datamined it isn't supposed to be out for 6 days

did they get it via a demo?? could the same thing somehow happen for smash bros???
The game comes out in a week. Some stores will just break street date even though they're not supposed to.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
This stuff with Let's Go is making me really glad we know the whole Smash roster now.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
So Let's Go PE is already datamined.

That was ****ing fast.

The literal day-of Smash coming out could be a treasure trove of information not meant to be seen.
How the **** they managed to datamine the game so quickly?

now, I'm worried for super smash bros ultimate when it drops. But at same time, I'm excited to see what they have in its files.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Only 2-3 more weeks until I hafta get outta here
Eh, what's the biggest surprise that's gonna be ruined? We're gonna get all our fighters back, and then punch Galeem in its chewy glowing center.
Probably the biggest thing you'd want kept secret is maaaaaaybe the ending cutscene.

Noipoi

Howdy!
This stuff with Let's Go is making me really glad we know the whole Smash roster now.
Sakurai did it, he beat the leaks.
Sure, we all thought it was Kencineroar for a while but The Grinch leak installed doubt within us.
For the most part he didn't, but at the very end he beat the leaks.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Guys, imagine the chaos when Ultimate gets datamined a couple days before release. It’s gonna be beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom