• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I know a leaker and his sources supposedly knowing all of the DLC or most of it sounds odd, especially with Sakurai's tweets, but you have to remember that they have to do some planning and negotiations for characters, too, which can take months for each character together if I'm correct. Of course, I don't know much about business at all so I'm just trying to use my own common sense based on posts and things I've read. It's possible the leakers' sources have heard things about the characters because of rumors from negotiations or the sources are people who actually heard/saw the negotiations/the characters' names.

Why a namco rep?
Huh? I listed all first-parties (though I guess Gengar is technically second-party :p).

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Bethesda getting a rep would be interesting, though, the choice is an obvious one of three:

Dhovakhin
Vault Boy
Doom Marine

I 'kinda' find Dhovakhin boring(No bulli plz), but I could see it.

Vault Boy would fit in Smash very easily, but you'd have to remove a lot of his more crude/obscene humor, and ALL relation to nukes,

Doom Marine's my personal choice, but 'literal hell' as a stage seems like a big no-no in a E+10 game.........that and RIP AND TEAR. RIP AND TEAR YOUR GUTS.
Vault Boy would really make me want some Fallout on Switch.

and not the F2P game.

KMDP

Smash Legend
picks green Lucina and yellow Roy

"T-the whole gang's here..."
Yellow Roy
Orange Fox
Yellow Yoshi
White Little Mac
Purple Zelda
Black Sonic
Black and Gold Palutena
Green Lucina
Blue Ike
Red Female Robin

Aren't Spirits wonderful, guys?

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Bethesda getting a rep would be interesting, though, the choice is an obvious one of three:

Dhovakhin
Vault Boy
Doom Marine

I 'kinda' find Dhovakhin boring(No bulli plz), but I could see it.

Vault Boy would fit in Smash very easily, but you'd have to remove a lot of his more crude/obscene humor, and ALL relation to nukes,

Doom Marine's my personal choice, but 'literal hell' as a stage seems like a big no-no in a E+10 game.........that and RIP AND TEAR. RIP AND TEAR YOUR GUTS.
And...let's be real it's not gonna be Vault Boy.

It really is between Dragonborn and Doomslayer for me.
The problem with Doomslayer does indeed come in the stage. You can say "WELL SNAKE AND BAYO" all you want but none of them are like the Doomboy.

NineS

Smash Lord
So, since according to Hitagi (and Graizen), we're getting Bandai Namco rep for DLC,
Who do you all think it'll be?

HINT: It's definitely this guy.

Also, unrelated, but I'm actually relieved to see Graizen wasn't lying. It also felt pretty good to help prove his innocence, too, even if I initially had my doubts.
is this what it feels like to do a good deed?

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Honestly, Octoling's all I really want, but it probably isn't happening. That's okay, though! I have 71 other fighters that all have a special place in my heart!

...3 of them are ones I do not speak of. I'd name them, but people would probably get mad at me if I did considering who they are, lol.
Hmm... now you've made me interested in which 3 you're referring to.

Oh, i know who it is:

Elliwood.
You got the hair color right at least... :bee:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
They don't for me.
Whenever something is "leaked", real or otherwise the entire speculation train shifts gears and then the community only talks about that character.
But we end up talking about the same characters anyways

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
So, since according to Hitagi (and Graizen), we're getting Bandai Namco rep for DLC,

Also, unrelated, but I'm actually relieved to see Graizen wasn't lying. It also felt pretty good to help prove his innocence, too, even if I initially had my doubts.
Lloyd.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Stay with your ignorance my friend, once you lose what you had you want it even more.
With all my anxieties and severe speech impediment, I doubt I’m gonna lose it anytime soon. Buuut this is getting off topic anyways.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm keeping Geno in my heart, and Banjo, Octoling and Bandanna Dee would be cool, but they're all unlikely so I really don't have a horse in the dlc race.
I'm just gonna sit back and watch the fun.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
They don't for me.
Whenever something is "leaked", real or otherwise the entire speculation train shifts gears and then the community only talks about that character.
You mean like they would regardless when they're revealed?

Untouch

Smash Master
And...let's be real it's not gonna be Vault Boy.

It really is between Dragonborn and Doomslayer for me.
The problem with Doomslayer does indeed come in the stage. You can say "WELL SNAKE AND BAYO" all you want but none of them are like the Doomboy.
The stage doesn't need to be hell, it could be a generic UAC base.
The violence of DOOM feels really overstated to me, the RIP AND TEAR thing was really only made really large with the latest DOOM and Brutal DOOM.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'm keeping Geno in my heart, and Banjo, Octoling and Bandanna Dee would be cool, but they're all unlikely so I really don't have a horse in the dlc race.
I'm just gonna sit back and watch the fun.
You're a smart boy Noi.
My stupid self will find characters to advocate for for DLC even after Geno is deconfirmed.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The prince of all Cosmos would be a really cool fighter actually.
Would he keep the Katamari on him at all times or would it only appear for attacks?

Pakky

Smash Hero

A helpful reminder about who is owned by Namco and just appeared on the Switch.

But that's dumb...? Hmm,:ultbayonetta:...Nah.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
You mean like they would regardless when they're revealed?
Even before that tbh.

Speculation always revolves around a few characters people see as "likely". Before the Vergeben leaks it was Bandanna Dee, Decidueye, Waluigi, etc.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
Okay, I'm going to put together my final DLC predictions.

-Sora (Kingdom Hearts) or Geno (Super Mario RPG)
-Bandana Dee (Kirby)
-Sylux (Metroid)
-Doomguy (Doom)
-Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)

Sora/Geno is the most likely out of my 5, and a possible Game Awards reveal will have either a Bethesda rep or a Square rep.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
If we're using leaks as a reference, then we could cherry-pick taking the SE character out of the picture as well, since they're stingy and hard to work with when it comes to getting the rights for stuff that they keep out-sourcing.

This is all based on assumptions, we don't actually know if they give a crap or not. We could say Namco would've gotten their character in the base-game just like Pac-Man in Smash 4, or we could say Microsoft wouldn't care because Minecraft is their money-maker, so they wouldn't need two characters.

Not every 3rd-party had two characters in Smash 4, why should it be a definite thing here? I can just as easily say Ubisoft should have two characters instead of just Rayman.
Ubisoft hasnt had a rep since Wii U, that really does not count. If Bandai Namco does not get a second rep they will be the only 3rd party since Wii U that does not have a second rep. That really does not make sense especially since they are the developer. I feel a lot of people may be trying to disprove Bandai Namco having a second rep, because they are not very interested in their characters. However we cannot dismiss the fact that Bandai Namco having a second rep is a very real possibility.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
The stage doesn't need to be hell, it could be a generic UAC base.
The violence of DOOM feels really overstated to me, the RIP AND TEAR thing was really only made really large with the latest DOOM and Brutal DOOM.
Eh, naaaaaaaah. RIP AND TEAR, RIP AND TEAR YOUR GUTS has been a huge part of DOOM for a looooong time.

Doom-pic-1.jpg

Though, it's also very easy to 'tone down' Doomguy for Smash.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Let's be real, no matter how unique the character is, if that character looks anime, there will be some people complaining about it. So just in case it happens I'll just post this here:

Salt .jpg

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
One stage I think would be a good compromise would be the molten steel facility.
It's not graphic, nor Satanic, but combines the firey and metallic theme pretty well. Heck, you could even add a bunch of demons in the background watching from a distance.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

I'm hoping for the King of the Cosmos,
But that's definitely not happening....

So i'm predicting Lloyd...

Bionichute

Smash Champion
i feel we are never actually going to see realistic guns in smash bros

snake still doesn't have any, in fact they removed guns from his set

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
1. Sega gained an exception due to being a vet 3rd party company for Smash
2. What if Bamco doesn’t want another playable rep?
3. Of Square really does gain an extra rep...they might be doing it to ignore a current problem with FFXV
Thats a lot of what ifs, we don't know for sure. Its just as possible they do want a second rep. Bandai Namco has been teaming up with other companies a lot lately, Noctis in Tekken, 2B in Soul Calibur, Geese in Tekken, Akuma in Tekken and Geralt in Soul Calibur. This is most likely to increase partnership with other companies and provide more exposure to their characters. If we follow this pattern of providing exposure to their characters then its very likely they will want a second rep.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

it's a good thing Doomguy's got his fair share of cartoony unrealistic future guns.
It'd be disappointing to see the double barrel go, but I'd take it if it means he got in done well.

LetterO

Smash Lord

Bayonetta basically has realistic pistols.

Even if they seem to have a magic theme, she's still firing actual bullets. It's not like Doomguy only has realistic guns though.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Ubisoft has had a rep since Wii U, that really does not count. If Bandai Namco does not get a second rep they will be the only 3rd party since Wii U that does not have a second rep. That really does not make sense especially since they are the developer. I feel a lot of people may be trying to disprove Bandai Namco having a second rep, because they are not very interested in their characters. However we cannot dismiss the fact that Bandai Namco having a second rep is a very real possibility.
Of course it is, but if we're willing to believe a second SE character because of leaks, there's no reason we should kick out Minecraft because "other character is more-likely" when Nintendo could just as likely see this as an opportunity to strengthen their business' relationship with Microsoft.

I could see us getting only one first-party, there's no reason to make up patterns like this community always does to try and disconfirm characters as if people are so desperate to disconfirm everyone and everything.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master

I think that's something else that can be toned down easily, even before DOOM 4 most of the weapons were energy based (DOOM 4 expands this even further).
I don't think DOOMguy is in, but not because of the violence tbh. The game just never did well at all in Japan, it's a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom