• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Nightmare.

The Debt must be repaid.

And what better time than when all these delicious SOULS are up for grabs.?
Would be awesome but I also doubt him, for largely the same reasons as Heihachi.

Just saying, if he WAS in they should give him breakable armor like in Soulcalibur. Then you could also have an alt with the top armor piece and helmet broken if you wanted to be Siegfried (kinda).

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
One stage I think would be a good compromise would be the molten steel facility.
It's not graphic, nor Satanic, but combines the firey and metallic theme pretty well. Heck, you could even add a bunch of demons in the background watching from a distance.
If I don't see this in the background, I'm out. Huge missed opportunity.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
:ultbayonetta::ultken::ultdarkpit:

It's those three. I don't like 'em.

Love the rest of the roster, though. <3
I don't think you'd get as much hate as you think.
A lot of people already don't like :ultbayonetta: and :ultdarkpit: in Smash 4 for obvious reasons.
:ultken: was kinda iffy/unexciting for some since he's been leaked so much.
I honestly though you were going to say something like :ultsnake::ultsonic::ultcloud:.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Bayonetta basically has realistic pistols.

Even if they seem to have a magic theme, she's still firing actual bullets. It's not like Doomguy only has realistic guns though.
Last I checked, the BFG wasn't that realistic...
That being said... it brings a different problem... it's name...
Are they gonna censor it to Big Flippn Gun?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Ya'll are the lucky ones. I wish I hadn't gone on some dates. I'd talk about my dating history but it'd give away too much about myself lol.

Anyways, my DLC predictions are still largely unchanged.
  • SE Rep
  • Microsoft Rep
  • Namco Rep
  • Bethesda Rep
  • Nintendo Promotional Rep
tehponycorn, I love you, but the non-specific nature of these newcomer predictions hurts me. Be bold and pick a specific choice. :sadeyes:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
They aren't anime characters.

They're Fire Emblem characters.
Kind of the same thing (Which in this case are Anime-styled characters).
I mean even if it's not Fire Emblem, it will give some fans FE character syndrome flashbacks.
Edit: Sure there's cloud but he's once complained for different reasons.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Let's be real, no matter how unique the character is, if that character looks anime, there will be some people complaining about it. So just in case it happens I'll just post this here:

View attachment 177171
Daily reminder that Salt is a way of life.
---
Also, Zinith Zinith and Noipoi Noipoi are called the diamonds in the rough of this board.

Incidentally, they are also the two users that I have publicly drawn art for*. I've drawn something for AndreaAC AndreaAC in the past, but that a) wasn't public and b) to help her with her own art.
*not including the people who asked me to do Icons for them
Truly, they are the gems of this board.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Nightmare.

The Debt must be repaid.

And what better time than when all these delicious SOULS are up for grabs.?
That would be really interesting especially since their are rumors they want to bring Soul Calibur 6 to the Nintendo Switch.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well, with Trophies gone, they don't really 'need' to expand on its name if they just call it BFG, right?
Just leave it at BFG whichever the case.
I mean no one really wonders what the FAMAS stands for.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I just remembered that I want the T-pose glitch to come back so that I can finally get my t-posing :ultincineroar:. The Darkest Lariat animation doesn't help him assert his dominance very well...

KMDP

Smash Legend
I just remembered that I want the T-pose glitch to come back so that I can finally get my t-posing :ultincineroar:. The Darkest Lariat animation doesn't help him assert his dominance very well...
Pst...
Mods will most assuredly be a thing.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
you missed the word "realistic"

none of those guns are realistic as compared to doom guy or some others, i had another one but i forgot
But most of Doomguy's guns are still clearly stylized though, just like the ones in Smash. It's not like he walks around with an AK-47 and a Beretta...

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Doom Marine's my personal choice, but 'literal hell' as a stage seems like a big no-no in a E+10 game.........that and RIP AND TEAR. RIP AND TEAR YOUR GUTS.
Ehhh they could make it work. We already have Bayo being sexy and Ridley stabbing people.

Calane

Smash Ace
So, since according to Hitagi (and Graizen), we're getting Bandai Namco rep for DLC,
Who do you all think it'll be?

HINT: It's definitely this guy.

Also, unrelated, but I'm actually relieved to see Graizen wasn't lying. It also felt pretty good to help prove his innocence, too, even if I initially had my doubts.
is this what it feels like to do a good deed?
It's pretty obvious who it's going to be. There's no better choice.

Klonoa.gif
Wahoo! Klonoa confirmed!

Yeah, there's no way it'd ever happen, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
A couple things to mention about leaks this time around and the people leaking them.

From what I've been told, and I trust my friends quite a bit, Vergeben has never been the person who originally has had his information. He is simply the person who decides to share it. Vergeben has also historically jumped onto stuff so that he can add to his own legitimacy, even if he hasn't actually heard of it.

Furthermore, Ken and Incineroar were known by a LOT of people. It's not like the only person who knew about it was Vergeben. It was considered common knowledge among people who knew, not to make it seem like you guys are "nobodies" or anything like that, but simply that people with connections knew about them being in, which then led to the whole Grinch debacle.

Basically, while I don't doubt Hitagi all that much based on their credibility with other rumors, they seem to be dumping a lot of vague information. It can be taken as either protecting their sources (makes sense if it's real) or purposely sounding vague so that there's better chances of being correct (makes sense if it's a lie). Either way, I'd wait before jumping on the "Steve, Granblue, Namco" train.

MysticDistance mentioned Lloyd, and that's something I'm really interested in (Tales of Symphonia is a fantastic game). That corroborates a Namco character, but anybody could corroborate that. It's the specifics that are more important.

I know some people are extremely skeptical of "insiders". But I would wait until more insiders say "Steve, Granblue, Namco hype train" before we take it as gospel. I say this because at this point, Verg could say, "Well, they seemed credible, but I was never told by my own sources that Steve was playable".

Believe what you want, but it's always good to question things to your own satisfaction!

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Does anyone thought of an idea for a Smash character whose playstyle relies on making their opponents weaker to the point where their tools/options are slim to none to make them an easy K.O.?
It's why I would like Monika to be in Smash despite being impossible.

Shroob

Sup?
So Let's Go PE is already datamined.

That was ****ing fast.

The literal day-of Smash coming out could be a treasure trove of information not meant to be seen.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432

That was ****ing fast.

The literal day-of Smash coming out could be a treasure trove of information not meant to be seen.
Anything of interest found on the datamine? You can pm me if you want to avoid spoiling things for others here.

Untouch

Smash Master
I had come up with a moveset that uses no realistic guns.
Aeriels mostly use fists, DOOMguy would be pitiful in the air. (I mean he can't even jump in the first games).
Standard tilts and smash attacks use the chainsaw.
Jab is like Megaman's lemons, but using the plasma gun instead.

B is the BFG, based on the DOOM 3 BFG where it shoots a single ball of energy that zaps nearby enemies. Functions like Samus B but has to be fully charged.
Side B is the Unmaker from Doom 64, standard gun attack, stuns enemies like ZSS's blaster.
Up B is a Rocket Jump, yes you aren't supposed to rocket jump in DOOM but I can't think of anything else.
Down B is the Frag Grenade, like Snake's grenade but a longer fuse and stronger explosion, doesn't start until dropped.
Final Smash is the Soul Cube from Doom 3 as well, DOOMguy holds the cube up and it saps health from nearby players.

I don't think realistic guns are necessary at all really.

Shroob

Sup?
Anything of interest found on the datamine? You can pm me if you want to avoid spoiling things for others here.
Red and Green are post game fights. Red has his Mount Silver levels(85)

You can rechallenge Gym Leaders.

Both Solar Beam AND Sky Attack got a base power increase to a whopping TWO-HUNDRED.

And Meltan/Melmetal abilities, base stats, etc.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Honestly, LGPE is an extremely faithful remake with barely anything differing from Pokemon Yellow 20 years ago.
If there's at least one thing that's a surprise, i'd like it to be a surprise.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

That was ****ing fast.

OOooh, hit me up with that **** since I definitely aint buying it.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Of course it is, but if we're willing to believe a second SE character because of leaks, there's no reason we should kick out Minecraft because "other character is more-likely" when Nintendo could just as likely see this as an opportunity to strengthen their business' relationship with Microsoft.

I could see us getting only one first-party, there's no reason to make up patterns like this community always does to try and disconfirm characters as if people are so desperate to disconfirm everyone and everything.
Im all for having mostly 3rd party characters by the way, I mean I really hope its true.:) I just try to look at things logically and not just how I wish they would go.

Also we don't know if Micorsoft is getting a character we have just heard Minecraft is in someway. Until Vergeben leaks that for sure we are getting a character we have to take them not having a character as a possibility.

If Sakurai was in charge like he was last time, I wouldn't doubt most of the DLC will be 3rd party. However, given that Nintendo is involved that makes things hard as Im sure they'll want a fair share of their characters too.

Im really hoping im wrong by the way, I just try to analyze things from all angles the good, the bad, and the in-between.

Potato_

Smash Lord

That was ****ing fast.

Where? WHERE?

Already googled but I can't find **** on it.

Also yeah I'm not touching this site or twitter the day before or the day of when it comes to Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom