• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So uh... Back from work. Safe to come out? Any of those Direct rumours end up being backed up?

WOAH NELLY.png

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah and the way you win with Bayonetta is pretending your opponents are defenseless combo-food for you to style on.

CLEARLY, HER MOVESET IS WORKING OUT FAR MORE SUCCESSFULLY.
At least until she tries to recover against Pac-Man. Hydrant, meet head.

Although this makes me wonder, could any of the DLC characters this time come with special gimmicks?

So uh... Back from work. Safe to come out? Any of those Direct rumours end up being backed up?

View attachment 177180
Haven't heard myself, doesn't seem to have popped up yet, so I would like to know too.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
They wanted to reference the megaman thing of walking forward and jumping while shooting lemons, but they didn't exactly understand that those moves look and act ****ING WEAK in a fighting game.
As someone who feels like the only casual Mega Man player in the entire fanbase, it's saddening that he's such an ignored character. Not just by most people in the fanbase, but even the devs. They just don't know what to do with him.

It's honestly a miracle I win in doubles with him. Now Ike, Lucina, Ness, and Zelda on the other hand...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm on break right now so I don't have a lot of time, but Let's Go got leaked, huh?
Seriously though. a 200 Base Power Solarbeam off of a Megazard-Y is going to be ****ing horrifying.
What the heck? 200 power Solar Beam? Not factoring in STAB, that's stronger then a sun boosted Fire Blast. With STAB, that's a 300 power move. Just...yikes.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
They really going with the manga references huh

This is by far the weirdest Pokemon thing to reference in a game that's marketed towards GO players
Probably not referencing the manga, but the original guidebook.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I saw this fun game on REddit, so I’ll bring it here. This image leaks at E3, before we learn that Everyone Is Here! (And then some). How would you (and the Smash fan base) react?

View attachment 177181
Once "Everyone Is Here!" is revealed we know it's real.

Anyways, it'd come down to the renders really. Pretty much all of them are new, and difficult to fake. Ad in some more blur and I'd be skeptical, but this one'd be a pretty easy real from me.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I saw this fun game on REddit, so I’ll bring it here. This image leaks at E3, before we learn that Everyone Is Here! (And then some). How would you (and the Smash fan base) react?

View attachment 177181
Snake? K Rool? Ridley? No way.
As you can see, one pixel on Ridley's fourth tooth is the wrong color. CLEARLY this is a poorly crafted fake.
Now where was I? Oh right, here's why Decidueye, Springman, and Rex are basically confirmed...

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I'm on break right now so I don't have a lot of time, but Let's Go got leaked, huh?
What the heck? 200 power Solar Beam? Not factoring in STAB, that's stronger then a sun boosted Fire Blast. With STAB, that's a 300 power move. Just...yikes.
Dude, spoiler tags plz.

D

Deleted member

I think we kinda ignored him since LGPE leaked.
It definitely wasn't because of Let's Go being leaked when I posted the link, that's for sure.

Y'all were ham, man. It actually got ME to jump ship a bit.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ness possibly having a melee shine: Slept
Let's Go leaked: Woke

I see how it is. :4ness: I'll have to GIMP you all in a month, then. Don't forget to check who I mained, lads.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

View attachment 177181
Clearly fake. It has Duck Hunt, Lucina and Dark Pit are in the weird places and one of Wario's eyes is missing.

Sounds like Dark Samus either has a theme of her own or that the Metroid theme is now this:

Definitely late but if Samus/ZSS has the old theme (I doubt) then that means they put so much love into Metroid but Lucas has to share a song that's not even in his own game and that makes me salty.
Metroid bias? I'll bring the pitchforks and torches.

KMDP

Smash Legend

View attachment 177181
I don't know how I would react, but...
"Fake! Way too wish-listy."
"Can anyone source these renders?"
"Ridley, in Smash? LOL not gonna happen."
"What the hell is with that order?"

Potato_

Smash Lord
Ness possibly having a melee shine: Slept
Let's Go leaked: Woke

I see how it is. :4ness: I'll have to GIMP you all in a month, then.
tbh that's all I see it being used for, but at least it's not completely useless against a lot of the cast now.

That **** is way slower than melee shine and doesn't knock back nearly as far.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Stupid stuff I wish was in smash ultimate

1) Dark Link woulda been like Alph or the Koopalings maybe a little more cosemetically drawn out.

2) Mecha Mewtwo skin, we have a meta ridley.

3) Sakurais cat on nintendogs stage.

4) Young Link based on MM instead of OoT with a fierce deity final smash.

5) break the targets & board the platforms.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
It definitely wasn't because of Let's Go being leaked when I posted the link, that's for sure.

Y'all were ham, man. It actually got ME to jump ship a bit.
Don't think anyone watched it.

If they did, no one talked about it.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
They wanted to reference the megaman thing of walking forward and jumping while shooting lemons, but they didn't exactly understand that those moves look and act ****ING WEAK in a fighting game.
My friends never understood how underwhelmed I was when I 1st saw Mega Man with the 1st SSB4 trailer. They all know how much I love the Mega Man classic, Legends, and X series, and how much I love Mega Man the character. I kept telling them Smash went "too retro" with how he looks and how some of his attacks look: specifically the lemon pellets.

They asked me what was I expecting...I was honestly expecting something closer to how he looks visually in the 2D Marvel vs. Capcom games. More modern/anime-y, less NES-era. I know you can argue that that's the point of the character (yet we don't get chubby, classic SONIC, and our Snake is an amalgam of MGS2 Snake and Naked Snake from MGS3, but sure, Mega Man stays classic), but that was my first impression seeing Smash 4's Mega Man.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Dude, spoiler tags plz.
So we don't spoiler character leaks here but we use them for mechanical gameplay differences regarding a seperate game?

I mean I'll use spoilers when talking about Let's Go if people want me to but I'm a little surprised about that when we talk about Verg so openly here that even I, who hates character leaks, gave in.

KMDP

Smash Legend

View attachment 177181
"Fake! Way too wish-listy."
"Can anyone source these renders?"
"Ridley, in Smash? LOL not gonna happen."
"What the hell is with that order?"
Got a couple more:
"Richter? Over Alucard? No way."
"Why would they bring back Young Link? Who asked for him?"
"Seriously, Incineroar? Decidueye is a way better fit."
"What the hell is Chrom doing there?"
"Why is Dark Samus up on the top row?"

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
As someone who feels like the only casual Mega Man player in the entire fanbase, it's saddening that he's such an ignored character. Not just by most people in the fanbase, but even the devs. They just don't know what to do with him.

It's honestly a miracle I win in doubles with him. Now Ike, Lucina, Ness, and Zelda on the other hand...
Continuing from my last response, this is literally the only moment I'm proud of, at least as far as recorded **** goes.
(Incoming shameless self-promotion):

And a bonus non-Mega Man clip:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

View attachment 177181
Obviously fake.

• Incredibly few newcomers. I mean, only 11 more characters? Really?
  • Strange choices on top of that. I mean I get Isabelle, but Chrom? Dark Samus? K.Rool? Richter Belmont? Where are Spring-Man and Rex?
  • Incineroar instead of Decidueye.
  • Young Link and Pichu return. Like they would ever do "nobody is gone" or a simmilar gimmick/

osby

Smash Obsessed
tbh that's all I see it being used for, but at least it's not completely useless against a lot of the cast now.

That **** is way slower than melee shine and doesn't knock back nearly as far.
Though Melee Shine was... weird.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
So we don't spoiler character leaks here but we use them for mechanical gameplay differences regarding a seperate game?

I mean I'll use spoilers when talking about Let's Go if people want me to but I'm a little surprised about that when we talk about Verg so openly here that even I, who hates character leaks, gave in.
Datamines are different from leaks.

TriStarGamer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4620-2306
Switch FC
5415-2743-8314
Howdy folks! How is everyone? Seems like it hasn't been too crazy today, just general talks more or less, and did i see something about LGPE leaking? Damn, less than a week away too if true!

StormC

Smash Hero
Mega Man is fun enough in casual play but I pretty much never use him in serious matches. His moveset is an incredible homage to the character and series but often feels impractical in Smash.

With like 70+ characters I think I won't have as much reason to pick him up much anymore.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Well since we're (somewhat) on the topic of Bandai Namco reps, who are your top 5?

Mine are:
1. KOS-MOS
2. Nightmare
3. Lloyd
4. Agumon
5. Heihachi

I'd also put T-elos up there, but I'm trying to be semi-realistic here.
1. Valkyrie
2. Kilik (From Soul Calibur)
3. Link Xiaoyu
4. KOS-MOS
5. Agumon
Agree, its very likely Edelgard or someone from Three Houses is happening. So many big Youtube insiders are all predicting it will happen, and it makes sense if you think about Corrin in Smash Wii U.
Fjorm from Heroes could work too. Especially since they came out with Aether Raids recently, which involves floating Sky Castle that could potentially be a stage.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Obviously fake.

• Incredibly few newcomers. I mean, only 11 more characters? Really?
  • Strange choices on top of that. I mean I get Isabelle, but Chrom? Dark Samus? K.Rool? Richter Belmont? Where are Spring-Man and Rex?
  • Incineroar instead of Decidueye.
  • Young Link and Pichu return. Like they would ever do "nobody is gone" or a simmilar gimmick/
"Why would they have two Castlevania reps?"

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm really glad it seems like they toned down the smoke effects. It's a lot cleaner compared to say, the K. Rool vs. Snake video back in August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom