• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Can someone ask these smart people if it's a General direct or a Smash one?

There is a super huge difference.

Because if it's a General, it won't be announced until Wednesday. If it's a Smash one, it could get announced at any moment.
No one knows, but since we just had a general direct in September and Smash launches on December, it's a safe bet to assume it would be a smash direct.

beans

Smash Lord
Nintendo Live was a thing, and the theory is they would reveal something before if the build they would use was new one.
Interesting none the less that Insiders are hinting at something this week
Also, I think is not tinfoil anymore to say that GX has info.
Really, FF ports and the Epic Yarn port look really interesting in retrospect.
Also, isnt GX in some kind of ambassador program with Nintendo?
Wouldnt comenting too much about the leak risk it?

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Phoenix Wright
Ace Attorney has been a Nintendo handheld flagship since the GBA. I think he'd be a great addition, specially if they also add Ace Attorney music :bobomb:
Uh, I'm rooting for him too, but you do know that Phoenix Wright isn't deconfirmed for this game currently, right?

Chrollo.

fka president wario
So why did the last thread die again? Did we break the system?
Smashboard Threads start to glitch out when they get to 6500-6600 pages. I remember when the Space Pirates Luxurious Mansion was still around we had to make a new general thread once it reached that limit.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
No matter what happens with this leak, it's going to be a lose-lose situation I fear.

If Real: The credibility of the "insiders" (why do I get the same bad taste in my mouth thinking that as I do the phrase "deep state", ugh) will damn near go up in smoke, and they'll forever be on the defensive for any project in the near future. It will take so much to recover from it.

If Fake: NateDrake's lovely little diatribe is testament to what we could expect. This incident being paraded over and over incessantly whenever the topic of insider information comes back up in future projects, and they blatantly postulate themselves as being trusted people to warrant such info being given to them.

This will be a long road to recovery for goodwill between insiders and the masses.

D

Deleted member

I step away for an hour or so and a Direct starts slowly approaching.

Welp, time to start up my good vibes videos:

C'mon Sakurai, let's go. Let's put an end to the madness! Until DLC.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
EVERYONE HYPE ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE SO OUR FAVES WILL BE REVEALED

mother 3 eh?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I think we might be getting our Smash Direct.

Here's what I think may happen. We'll a Robin style trailer for Issac (and maybe Ken?) this week. This way T H E B O X can release as it was planned, with the last spots filled with Ken, Isabelle, and Issac. We'll also get a reveal for the last direct for sometime next week.

It's just my stupid guess though, I'll probably be wrong

KMDP

Smash Legend
There's only two signs to tell a direct is near. People yelling RESET THE CLOCK and that gif of Reggie tapping his watch
IT HAS BEEN 044 DAYS SINCE THE LAST DIRECT

Okay, who's going to climb the ladder to change the number?

Drakonix

Smash Cadet
Alright I made a forum game post about it to try and manage it better.

https://smashboards.com/threads/smashboards-creates-a-fighter.462908/

You can keep playing in here or do it there. The one in Forum Games is the one you need to build up on. If there's conflicts just deal with it and add everything you can.

:denzel:
Well. I finally finished my own creation. I think i spent too much time on this. I AM SOOOOO SLOW!! DX

Anyways here is *NAME NOT AVAILABLE*. Magician man that likes space.
Mystery.png

Blu99

S***post King
Switch FC
SW-7236-2735-6407
On a completely unrelated note, does anyone know where I can find a good screen protector for a Switch?

Pakky

Smash Hero
The first female BFF pairing for Smash if MR truly gets in...and has a female alt
There's evidence to her being canonically female like Samus

Mach: So you just stand around to get fit?

WFT: Yes its called yoga

Mach: Why not bike?

WFT: Cycling?

Mach: No, Bike!

WFT: Isn't that the same thing?

Mach: *unzips suit to reveal goddess body* I don't know you tell me?

WFT: Why do you have yourself printed on your underwear?

Mach: You don't?

WFT: No...

Mach: pfft, pathetic

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Uh, I'm rooting for him too, but you do know that Phoenix Wright isn't deconfirmed for this game currently, right?
Of all the characters to disconfirm Grinch leak...

Phoenix Wright would be the most fitting.

Evidence? Here's your evidence!

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
These are my last thoughts on the Grinch leak, because the discussion has been going nowhere and it's getting uncomfortable. From what we've seen, there are 4 possible explanations:
  1. Eric Bricard saw the Chadondorf post and used his professional graphic design skills to make a fake banner.
  2. Someone else who saw the Chadondorf post (or maybe Chadondorf himself) created an elaborate fake leak from it by pretending to be from a marketing firm and making false promotional material.
  3. Eric showed the banner to someone else and they leaked it.
  4. Eric leak the roster himself.
I personally believe #2, that some 4chan loser with nothing better to do is creating an elaborate ruse to screw with us for his amusement (wouldn't be the first time, won't be the last), but all 4 are plausible and only time will tell.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
Based purely on Insiders and assuming the leak is fake I think the Direct will go something like this:

Start off with an Incineroar reveal and discussion about him

Reaveal Ken and Shadow and talk about them

Talk about random fluff[Trophies, new games and what not]

Sakurai: Now for our final reveal

A trailer revealing both Isaac and Geno

Talk about Spirits, Classic, and All Star mode and more random stuff

Reveal of a 100 Fact extravaganza

The final Banner Update with “Everyone is Here!”

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
then just ignore him lol. no need to make conspiracy theories about him; this is the internet - it's easier to ignore anyone than it's ever been before.

edit: also, while I'm at it, just because one 'insider' is acting like a **** doesn't make all of them a ****. same goes for users (unfortunately, the mob is turning this into a cluster****)
I never said any conspiracy though?

And I also said some insiders not all. Right now I’m most disappointed in Nate and Andre. Andre turning believes into trump roast is just stupid.

Like I don’t care what people’s political views are, but you don’t turn a ****ing gaming rumor into a political debate.

And in the end I don’t really care what the outcome is because I still believe no one is fully right including the mural at this point.

IcyBrawler

Smash Apprentice
If a Direct happens it would be funny if no one was right and the final characters were never leaked. Like we end up getting Black Shadow, Decidueye, and Excitebiker or something. Not even Ken is real.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Nekoo Nekoo , can you fill me in on what has happened today, if you can? I'm getting lost with all of the different topics put out at once...
We go deeper in the conspiration theory with people thinking that MarioTehPlumber, the guy who brought tons of Rosalina Amiibo, is the one behind the leak because of some troubling coincidence.

More Insider vs Community ****flinging

GameExplain teasing a Direct SOON with an Otter gif.
Then Spawn-Wave.
Now NateDrake saying it must be the 1st.

Basically.

It's Ogre

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
In before Ken and we're all still left in the dark. :smash:
nah even if it was just ken if he didnt match the leak in terms of his pose or possibly position(he could be moved if needed for anyone else added) then the leak is dead

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also what would everyone’s reaction be if the direct ends with a ken and Incenroar trailer and ken is in the same pose as the leak?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
But I thought we weren't supposed to believe insiders, guys.

Wambo

Smash Ace
Yeesh. SilvaGunner's new video.

I really hope that prick talking over the music gets shut down hard by the leak being legit so he goes and crawls back into his hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom