• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
20181029_170716.png

I just wanna point out this absolutely ridiculous difference in the leak.

Up until the September banner, Marth's sword always covered Roy's chest armor. Now with the leak, it goes behind his head to make room for Mach Rider as Roy moves over.

Anyone realize how ****ing insane the leaker would have to be if this was fake? He'd have to create new art just to show all of Roy's chest now, and superimpose Roy over Marth, when it's been the other way around for months now. Like.....why? I have like 20 other examples exactly like this.

This is like one of a million things I can't see a leaker paying attention to or attempting to do. We've had banner recreations and none of them are remotely close to this kind of work.

That being said since we will probably find out this week, but if it's fake....I don't even know what to say.

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
So I take it that a direct this week is all but confirmed, yeah?
I mean, not really. Besides a vague tweet from someone and it making sense for there to be a Direct this Thursday, there's not really any evidence.

They should've had the Direct 2-3 weeks ago, which would've been two months after the last Direct and two months away from the game's launch. And it also would've come out ahead of all these leaks that are now turning everyone rabid.

November 1 at least makes sense, and if not then, November 7 or 8 has to be it.

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
If the Smash Direct is the 1st, my concern is that since the bundle doesn’t have new copyright/trademark info on the box, we really aren’t getting anymore new companies in the mix like Camelot or Rare.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
View attachment 173390

I just wanna point out this absolutely mundane difference in the leak.

Up until the September banner, Marth's sword always covered Roy's chest armor. Now with the leak, it goes behind his head to make room for Mach Rider as Roy moves over.

Anyone realize how ****ing insane the leaker would have to be if this was fake? He'd have to create new art just to show all of Roy's chest now, and superimpose Roy over Marth, when it's been the other way around for months now. Like.....why? I have like a 20 things exactly like this.

This is like one of a million things I can't see a leaker paying attention to or attempting to do. We've had banner recreations and none of them are remotely close to this kind of work.

That being said since we will probably find out this week, but if it's fake....I don't even know what to say.
Devil's advocate here: it literally looks like all he had to do is take one stroke of blue in photoshop and call it a day.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If the Smash Direct is the 1st, my concern is that since the bundle doesn’t have new copyright/trademark info on the box, we really aren’t getting anymore new companies in the mix like Camelot or Rare.
DLC is a thing. Smash 3DS / Wii U didn't have any Square Enix materials in the base game.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
The box only has to have copyright for characters on the box. The rest would be during the credits in stuff like all star mode

D

Deleted member

But I thought we weren't supposed to believe insiders, guys.
But they said something I like, so it's okay now. Insiders are always 100% when they say something I like. :4pacman:

In all seriousness, I never treat things any leaker say as 100% until it actually happens, but I still take them seriously. Sometimes sources are good, sometimes they're bad. No one's perfect.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
My prediction if there is a Direct next this week:

Ken and Shadow are both confirmed and we live on in unsure agony another couple weeks.

Last edited:

Syntherios

#MasterChief4DLC
NNID
Syntherios
Switch FC
SW-0693-8607-4207
Plot twist: we get the Smash Direct but it doesn't reveal any new characters and at the end of it Sakurai says he's delaying the release to March 2019.

I'd kms tbh

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Devil's advocate here: it literally looks like all he had to do is take one stroke of blue in photoshop and call it a day.
If look close you can see the difference between Roy's armor and cape. It's not just a simple edit.

And if look at Roys foot, it's no longer covered by Inkling, and it's clearly a multitude of colors.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm off to work, hype responsibly. :4ness: Or don't, anything goes wild when there's a civil war like this.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THE THREAD BLEW UP SUDDENLY
too many pages = site ****s itself

Common sense if you ask me.

If look close you can see the difference between Roy's armor and cape. It's not just a simple edit.
You mean the different shades of blue? I'm pretty sure that's from saturation to make the image more clear when it first came out.

Last edited:

SushiRoll

Smash Apprentice
His place on the banner would show if it’s real or not. So any reveal can make or break the leak.
nah even if it was just ken if he didnt match the leak in terms of his pose or possibly position(he could be moved if needed for anyone else added) then the leak is dead
What if it's the same position, and similar artwork, but scrutiny of the grinch roster shows it's not EXACTLY the same artwork. Only a 95%+ match. Where is your god then? :smash:

Actually that is exactly what I want to have happen, just for the ensuing chaos it would bring.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
But they said something I like, so it's okay now. Insiders are always 100% when they say something I like. :4pacman:

In all seriousness, I never treat things any leaker say as 100% until it actually happens, but I still take them seriously. Sometimes sources are good, sometimes they're bad. No one's perfect.
If Ken and Shadow are in the same positions as the leaked mural, we can assume it's real.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
GUYS my birthday is on the 1st, can you all lend me your energy so that I can create a spirit bomb for Banjo?
GUYS my birthday is on the 1st, can you all lend me your energy so that I can create a spirit bomb for Banjo?
Gang banjo boomers shall unite to get the best ending

TOGETHER WE CAN SHOW THE WORLD WHAT WE CAN DO

D

Deleted member

Yeesh. SilvaGunner's new video.

I really hope that prick talking over the music gets shut down hard by the leak being legit so he goes and crawls back into his hole.
"Composer: Vergeben"

It all makes sense now.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I’m just imagining Isaac being revealed and people screaming “GRINCH LEAK CONFIRMED!!!” then at the end when they show the Mural he’s in an entirely different position than he is in the Grinch leak lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom