• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
See, this is what I have as a question to the community who's convinced this is real; When this is confirmed fake are you all gonna come out and apologize to the people who've been saying it's fake? Or are you just gonna run back into your holes. Like, right now in the chat people are saying "Oh, it's real." You guys don't know what you're talking about. "Your reasoning for it being fake isn't good." Give me a reason why it's real. When it's confirmed fake come back to the chat and say sorry. But you won't, because you're cowards. Come back. You go on Twitter and you say "Hey you guys were right, I'm sorry." I mean, no, is it wrong? They wanna say "Oh you guys can't give good reasons. Oh you're saying 'I know it's- I know it's fake, you just have to trust me.'". Give me a reason why it's real, you don't have one. Come back when it's confirmed fake, apologize, and we can move on. Otherwise shut up. This ain't a chatroom making you talk, shut up. I will print off this banner and send it to your house, and you can hang it up and say "I got owned by this.". I mean people are saying "Oh, rude. Needs to chill." You know what? You people attack insiders and Twitter and YouTuber personalities everyday when they share information with you. And then they don't give you what you want and you attack them? No, you can go to hell. Like, you're not entitled to any information. Don't think you are.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
What if it's the same position, and similar artwork, but scrutiny of the grinch roster shows it's not EXACTLY the same artwork. Only a 95%+ match. Where is your god then? :smash:
this is a very possible concern because on the grinch leak ken's in the shoryuken pose, which is the most iconic and likely pose that they could possibly have him in

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Welp, whatever happen next, I hope at the very least that this arc end on a bittersweet note rather than a full downer on.

In any case tho, I'm going to the bonfire (read: to bed), the end may or may not be far, but it's coming, and there is nothing to stop the inevitable.

Keep you expectation in check fellow members, and have a good day.

Btw, someone should totally put the Smash logo where the "sun" is in this gif

D

Deleted member

If Ken and Shadow are in the same positions as the leaked mural, we can assume it's real.
Shadow is another character like Isabelle where I was pretty neutral on the idea until I started thinking about it.

I've put more time into SA2 than I care to admit (anyone who's played it can probably guess which part of the game took up the most time, lol), so Shadow would be fulfilling some childhood Smash dreams, that's for sure.

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
New thread. Same folks. I like it. Needs just a tad more Zinith Zinith though

On topic of a direct this week, I thought I caught a serious smell of a direct Wario Wafting our way this morning on my way to work. Smelt like chaos.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I’m just imagining Isaac being revealed and people screaming “GRINCH LEAK CONFIRMED!!!” then at the end when they show the Mural he’s in an entirely different position than he is in the Grinch leak lol
Well that opens up the door for a possible Felix Echo so i'd be down with that.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
A Smash direct on November 1st? But that's a day late for our guaranteed Halloween direct with a timely Skull Kid reveal! When does stage 2 of grief kick in

Wambo

Smash Ace
Why every "Insider" is so ****ing scared of the Grinch leak: because if they acknowledge it, Nintendo ****s them hard.
1540847566214.png

SushiRoll

Smash Apprentice
See, this is what I have as a question to the community who's convinced this is real; When this is confirmed fake are you all gonna come out and apologize to the people who've been saying it's fake?
Not in this life buster. But if it is real I'm gonna lord this over yall until the day I die.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I’m just imagining Isaac being revealed and people screaming “GRINCH LEAK CONFIRMED!!!” then at the end when they show the Mural he’s in an entirely different position than he is in the Grinch leak lol

That's why I'm HOPING this is a Smash direct and just all of it lol. I want the whole roster confirmed so we can just start speculating DLC. I want to enjoy waiting for the game, not be anxious

See, this is what I have as a question to the community who's convinced this is real; When this is confirmed fake are you all gonna come out and apologize to the people who've been saying it's fake? Or are you just gonna run back into your holes. Like, right now in the chat people are saying "Oh, it's real." You guys don't know what you're talking about. "Your reasoning for it being fake isn't good." Give me a reason why it's real. When it's confirmed fake come back to the chat and say sorry. But you won't, because you're cowards. Come back. You go on Twitter and you say "Hey you guys were right, I'm sorry." I mean, no, is it wrong? They wanna say "Oh you guys can't give good reasons. Oh you're saying 'I know it's- I know it's fake, you just have to trust me.'". Give me a reason why it's real, you don't have one. Come back when it's confirmed fake, apologize, and we can move on. Otherwise shut up. This ain't a chatroom making you talk, shut up. I will print off this banner and send it to your house, and you can hang it up and say "I got owned by this.". I mean people are saying "Oh, rude. Needs to chill." You know what? You people attack insiders and Twitter and YouTuber personalities everyday when they share information with you. And then they don't give you what you want and you attack them? No, you can go to hell. Like, you're not entitled to any information. Don't think you are.
This is amazing

SolMerse

Smash Rookie
NNID
Simon12345678901
3DS FC
2494-9816-7019
Switch FC
3440-5635-5714
man that was great
the absolute state of spawncast

Last edited:

James Phillips

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 173390

I just wanna point out this absolutely ridiculous difference in the leak.

Up until the September banner, Marth's sword always covered Roy's chest armor. Now with the leak, it goes behind his head to make room for Mach Rider as Roy moves over.

Anyone realize how ****ing insane the leaker would have to be if this was fake? He'd have to create new art just to show all of Roy's chest now, and superimpose Roy over Marth, when it's been the other way around for months now. Like.....why? I have like 20 other examples exactly like this.

This is like one of a million things I can't see a leaker paying attention to or attempting to do. We've had banner recreations and none of them are remotely close to this kind of work.

That being said since we will probably find out this week, but if it's fake....I don't even know what to say.
There's lots of small changes in this possible leak that involve character layers changing and moving to make room for new characters.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
View attachment 173390

I just wanna point out this absolutely ridiculous difference in the leak.

Up until the September banner, Marth's sword always covered Roy's chest armor. Now with the leak, it goes behind his head to make room for Mach Rider as Roy moves over.

Anyone realize how ****ing insane the leaker would have to be if this was fake? He'd have to create new art just to show all of Roy's chest now, and superimpose Roy over Marth, when it's been the other way around for months now. Like.....why? I have like 20 other examples exactly like this.

This is like one of a million things I can't see a leaker paying attention to or attempting to do. We've had banner recreations and none of them are remotely close to this kind of work.

That being said since we will probably find out this week, but if it's fake....I don't even know what to say.
I think the most disgusting things is that Marth's swords perspective make absolutely no sense if he's positioned like that and that Nintendo are absolute dumbass if they leave it like this.

Same things as Cloud's Sword and Pikachu

Chrollo.

fka president wario
This reads like a Wrestling promo. Incineroar confirmed.

IcyBrawler

Smash Apprentice
Damn, I feel like the discussion has devloved into nothing but ****posts and insider-related drama.

"Insiders don't know what they are talking about, they keep back-peddling, they are being fed leak bait, being paid, blah blah blah"

"A Direct is mentioned and NOW people believe insiders, hypocrites"

"If the leak is confirmed fake will you apologize for saying it's real? NO BECAUSE YOU ARE COWARDS WHO WILL CRAWL BACK INTO YOUR HOLE"

"Who will win? Dozens of industry insiders or one Grinchy boi?"

"Vergeben? More like Virginben, ha"

"Hey guys can we talk about something else other than the lea--"

"No, shut up"

"Hey did y'all see this Chorus Kids render? Looks like the one in the leaked banner"

"For the one millionth time, this is a mock-up that was posted AFTER the leak."

Repeat this over and over and congratulations, you have 30 pages of quality SmashBoards speculation, apparently.

D

Deleted member

Hey, I got a question:

If Shadow gets revealed, can everyone include a good 'ol fashioned "HERE WE GO BUDDY" and "OW THE EDGE" in their posts reacting to him?

Wambo

Smash Ace
It's even funnier considering the fact he says "we don't have any evidence" when we do, and the Insiders have yet to say anything. And it's not like they can admit that they can't say anything, because again, Nintendo will **** them hard.

Yeah, leak's real.

HotelSoapy!

Smash Apprentice
Is this copypasta?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom