• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
If the Smash Direct is the 1st, my concern is that since the bundle doesn’t have new copyright/trademark info on the box, we really aren’t getting anymore new companies in the mix like Camelot or Rare.
Melee didn't have any Intelligent Systems branding until after you unlock Marth

Weeman

Smash Crusader
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THE THREAD BLEW UP SUDDENLY
Direct being teased
Why every "Insider" is so ****ing scared of the Grinch leak: because if they acknowledge it, Nintendo ****s them hard.
View attachment 173399
Yeah because people having their jobs potentially threatened because people couldn't bear the fact that someone didn't think the leak was real is funny.
How dare they not agree with me, share their opinion, and point out that no one can confirm or deny it 100%
How could they possibly think of going against our witchhunt mentality? THE NERVE.
**** Off

beans

Smash Lord
Man I just want to put Isaac, Geno and Glee Club in a safe place.
The Grinch can be fake but I'll still want them in

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
I just wanna point out this absolutely ridiculous difference in the leak.

Up until the September banner, Marth's sword always covered Roy's chest armor. Now with the leak, it goes behind his head to make room for Mach Rider as Roy moves over.

Anyone realize how ****ing insane the leaker would have to be if this was fake? He'd have to create new art just to show all of Roy's chest now, and superimpose Roy over Marth, when it's been the other way around for months now. Like.....why? I have like 20 other examples exactly like this.

This is like one of a million things I can't see a leaker paying attention to or attempting to do. We've had banner recreations and none of them are remotely close to this kind of work.

That being said since we will probably find out this week, but if it's fake....I don't even know what to say.

It would be by far one of the most impressive fakes we've seen in all of smash speculation history.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
See, this is what I have as a question to the community who's convinced this is real; When this is confirmed fake are you all gonna come out and apologize to the people who've been saying it's fake? Or are you just gonna run back into your holes. Like, right now in the chat people are saying "Oh, it's real." You guys don't know what you're talking about. "Your reasoning for it being fake isn't good." Give me a reason why it's real. When it's confirmed fake come back to the chat and say sorry. But you won't, because you're cowards. Come back. You go on Twitter and you say "Hey you guys were right, I'm sorry." I mean, no, is it wrong? They wanna say "Oh you guys can't give good reasons. Oh you're saying 'I know it's- I know it's fake, you just have to trust me.'". Give me a reason why it's real, you don't have one. Come back when it's confirmed fake, apologize, and we can move on. Otherwise shut up. This ain't a chatroom making you talk, shut up. I will print off this banner and send it to your house, and you can hang it up and say "I got owned by this.". I mean people are saying "Oh, rude. Needs to chill." You know what? You people attack insiders and Twitter and YouTuber personalities everyday when they share information with you. And then they don't give you what you want and you attack them? No, you can go to hell. Like, you're not entitled to any information. Don't think you are.
Edit: bamboozled by the best, I applaud

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Why every "Insider" is so ****ing scared of the Grinch leak: because if they acknowledge it, Nintendo ****s them hard.
View attachment 173399
*snaps finger*

I think I know they refuse to talk about it

The guy who did the esrb leak got sued by Nintendo they don’t want to get sued either or they are in the cross fire

Also by the fact they could end up embarrassed by the fact that incineroar May intentially be bait or a dlc character

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Also what would everyone’s reaction be if the direct ends with a ken and Incenroar trailer and ken is in the same pose as the leak?
Tell me, Z25.

Does a member experience FEAR?!

Pakky

Smash Hero
:ultpokemontrainer:: Need to go fast to get up that tower to capture Rayquza, goo thing I have my mach bike

Mach Rider: tackles :ultpokemontrainer: takes bike.

:ultpokemontrainer:: But why...?

Mach Rider: pfft your name isn't ' Bike' trainer is it?

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
I think the most disgusting things is that Marth's swords perspective make absolutely no sense if he's positioned like that and that Nintendo are absolute ******* if they leave it like this.

Same things as Cloud's Sword and Pikachu
TPCI is probably to blame for Pikachu.
As far as I know, you can’t obscure the character unless completely necessary, like I think you always have to show the ears.

Cloud’s sword has no damn excuse though.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
View attachment 173399
Probably talking about what he had to put up with last night.

On a similar note, I hope people can understand why insiders don't like talking about this stuff. The constant prodding and poking is borderline harassment. Regardless of how cocky or superior these guys might seem to you, don't fan the flame with name-calling and insults.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I think the most disgusting things is that Marth's swords perspective make absolutely no sense if he's positioned like that and that Nintendo are absolute ******* if they leave it like this.

Same things as Cloud's Sword and Pikachu
That's the point though. Clouds had to go behind Pikachu as to not cover his face. Same thing with Roy, any closer to Marth and marths sword unnecessarily covers a good portion of Roy's torso.

It's things like this that tell me if a leak was fake, a leaker would just figure another way to position their leaked characters. Many of these move characters to make space for the new characters, THEN incidently move even more characters around them

It's like a ****ing ripple effect of characters moving other characters. I can't see someone who has no notable assets from the game being THIS attentive to detail.

And it's never been done before, so there's no possible example to even compare it to because it's so insane

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
We go deeper in the conspiration theory with people thinking that MarioTehPlumber, the guy who brought tons of Rosalina Amiibo, is the one behind the leak because of some troubling coincidence.

More Insider vs Community ****flinging

GameExplain teasing a Direct SOON with an Otter gif.
Then Spawn-Wave.
Now NateDrake saying it must be the 1st.

Basically.

It's Ogre

It's never ogre

Iridium

Smash Hero
If the Chorus Kids (+ composer) get in, I'm gonna need to see the most ridiculous cosplay I've ever seen...

Direct being teased

Yeah because people having their jobs potentially threatened because people couldn't bear the fact that someone didn't think the leak was real is funny.
How dare they not agree with me, share their opinion, and point out that no one can confirm or deny it 100%
How could they possibly think of going against our witchhunt mentality? THE NERVE.
**** Off
Well if you're job is related to these things I wouldn't bring up leaks to begin with but hey, that's just me.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
wow, a picture of people who probably won't even play the game

Oh god, this **** AGAIN. I know the waluigi memes are funny but I think fans are taking "Waluigi must be fighter for Smash!" thing too far.
Late response, but as someone who attended PAX Aus, I can 100% say that this was done in good fun and you guys take this Waluigi **** too seriously.

Smashboards heads need to chill, for real.

Noipoi

Howdy!
btw the guy saying people here should go to hell, reminder, he didn't say all of us. If you felt addressed, maybe there's a reason you feel addressed when someone says toxic people should go to hell
I didn't feel targeted at all, actually.

Besides, I can't go to hell. I'm all out of Vacation days.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Reminder that there's a Nintendo Live event in some days...

Again, it could be nothing, but you will recall that a Direct got announced at EVO.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
This reads like a Wrestling promo. Incineroar confirmed.
You can joke about this but I legitimately want Incineroar's trailer to be in the style of a pro wrestling promo.

It opens with the crowd booing and Incineroar mocking everyone for thinking he wasn't going to be in the game (he speaks in this trailer I guess lol). And then for whatever reason, he beats on some other Sun & Moon PKMN for whatever reason because he's a big jerk.

All of that leads to Ken coming out to stand up to big bully Incineroar which is his way of being introduced as well.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Damn, I feel like the discussion has devloved into nothing but ****posts and insider-related drama.

"Insiders don't know what they are talking about, they keep back-peddling, they are being fed leak bait, being paid, blah blah blah"

"A Direct is mentioned and NOW people believe insiders, hypocrites"

"If the leak is confirmed fake will you apologize for saying it's real? NO BECAUSE YOU ARE COWARDS WHO WILL CRAWL BACK INTO YOUR HOLE"

"Who will win? Dozens of industry insiders or one Grinchy boi?"

"Vergeben? More like Virginben, ha"

"Hey guys can we talk about something else other than the lea--"

"No, shut up"

"Hey did y'all see this Chorus Kids render? Looks like the one in the leaked banner"

"For the one millionth time, this is a mock-up that was posted AFTER the leak."

Repeat this over and over and congratulations, you have 30 pages of quality SmashBoards speculation, apparently.
This thread has turned into /v/, and I'm on vacation from work. This is gonna be a long week...

Poxnixles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vitiel
3DS FC
3823-8576-9592
Mach Rider is a trans Icon, a gay icon, and a legend. I support you, Mach Rider. You weren't the retro rep I wanted, but you're the one I need.
like this post to charge this energy

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Quick question: of the already disconfirmed characters, who do you see yourself supporting for a hypothetical Smash 6? It'll be hard to bring myself back if Geno's confirmed for this game but I'll probably support Waluigi, Ashley, and Takamaru. The first two I've supported since probably 2012 and Takamaru very late in the Brawl speculation cycle in 2008, mostly just because I want to see the franchise revived.
Bomberman, Ashley and Takamaru would be my top three picks.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
btw the guy saying people here should go to hell, reminder, he didn't say all of us. If you felt addressed, maybe there's a reason you feel addressed when someone says toxic people should go to hell
you can really tell where a person lies on the toxic line after the dude's statement haha

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I think we might be getting our Smash Direct.

I’m really hoping this isn’t relating to the leak being fake. Though, Spawn seems to be 50/50 on it.

Speaking of which, isn’t Friday-Saturday around the Nintendo Live tournament? Maybe we’ll get an announcement from there all along?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
That's the point though. Clouds had to go behind Pikachu as to not cover his face. Same thing with Roy, any closer to Marth and marths sword unnecessarily covers a good portion of Roy's torso.

It's things like this that tell me if a leak was fake, a leaker would just figure another way to position their leaked characters. Many of these move characters to make space for the new characters, THEN incidently move even more characters around them

It's like a ****ing ripple effect of characters moving other characters. I can't see someone who has no notable assets from the game being THIS attentive to detail.

And it's never been done before, so there's no possible example to even compare it to because it's so insane
Nonono...
I don't mean that, What I mean is that, Marth's sword make absolutely no sence in the spacial perspective. It's clealy made to be in the first layer and go to reach the watcher.

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice
So what do people hope happens in the direct?

1) Grinch leak confirmed
2) Insiders knowledge confirmed
3) Box theory confirmed
4) Everybody is wrong, totally different characters not mentioned by leaks or insiders

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
*snaps finger*

I think I know they refuse to talk about it

The guy who did the esrb leak got sued by Nintendo they don’t want to get sued either or they are in the cross fire

Also by the fact they could end up embarrassed by the fact that incineroar May intentially be bait or a dlc character
That was never confirmed.
Can we just agree that stalking and harassing people online is a terrible thing either way?
But it's totally justifiable if I'm mad at them for not confirming my character, right?

If I don't like what they say then obviously they're a paid shill who's being told what to do by Nintendo and I have every right to treat them as worthless garbage.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know, the more toxicity I see surrounding the Grinch leak, the more I realize how much I agree with Andre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom