• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paperluigi11

Smash Cadet
I have a question for you guys!

How you think the Stance Motion will be for the new characters?

Like , the movement they will do when "doing nothing"
I really hope Kazooie messes with Banjo when idle like in the games.

Last edited:

Polan

Smash Lord
If it was important for them not to jeopardize their jobs, why even allude to things?

They are making a claim. The burden of proof is on them. When asked, they refuse to comply. So, people don't believe them, and go to what they view is the side with the most evidence - "Team Real".

It's not about entitlement. It's about incredibly childish behavior demonstrated in numerous tweets and that stream recording. This is their reaction to be asked for proof about making a claim, and it has undeniably damaged their credibility to a lot of people - even people who otherwise might like certain channels or portions of the community.

It's annoying because these are people who're acting like victims (e.g. demanding apologies) when they are absolutely privileged. That is undeniable - in the context of the community, they get easier access to games, they are privy to gaming information we are not privy to, and they are gainfully employed in an industry they love. They are not victims for being asked questions and they are dishonest for treating any "team real" party as the subset of people who are actually harassing them. At the very least, that's what Andre and this moderator did. I won't accuse Liam or Emily of that, I won't accuse Ryce of that, etc, but it's undeniable at least a few people involved in this who are insiders either acted poorly with a position if entitlement or endorsed it.
yeah, let's not act like the Smash community isn't behaving like a bunch of manchildren too. from raging at people who question the leak, trying to doxx people allegedly involved in the leak and spreading bull**** to try to slander insiders (which i've seen multiple times in this thread and in the old thread)...the smash community is really not doing itself any favors.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Mach Rider: So why aren't you wearing your helmet?

Samus: We're at the beach... Why would I need one?

Mach Rider: In case you have to ride your bike away while in a bathing suit.

Samus: Not everything is a bout biking Mach...

Mach Rider: That's what stupid people without helmets say
That's right, Mach Rider! You tell Samus how stupid she is! (Even though you're the one acting dumb :p)
Nah, Mach Rider is the one with the Galaxy Brain.
---
Anyway, if there is a direct at the end of the week, well... here's to the hellfire that'll ensue.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So if the direct is this week, when the direct could be announced? Tomorrow or a other day?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nope. My brother does. Wasted $6 on it at the retro games expo like an idiot.

That's okay though. I bought Resident Evil on the Game Boy for $15. It's so bad.

Okay Thanos.
Bad enough to be good
Eh, just go ask TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 , if you can borrow them. He's a nice guy, and this is for a noble cause. I'd say he'll oblige. :)
Fine...I’ll do it myself
6D6926E2-57FA-4729-92A6-292C442DE073.gif

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
Not really, no. I wouldn't put it past this guy at all. I think it should be seriously considered that he's the one behind it.
He claims not to be the makers of grinch leak, and in fact seems to be stepping away from smash/leak culture.

I agree he can and would do this, but his attitude on twitter seems more defeated than anything else, he even called out those who are phoning ACP and told them to stop. It seems even mariotehplumber who seems to exist only to try and piss people off for attention has called it quits here and thinks this grinch leak argument has gotten too far. If he made the leak, it's become a hollow victory for him, and honestly? I believe this leak is probably real still, but I dunno how to feel when even mariotehplumber of all people seems to think we are all on both sides acting pathetic and wants a break from us.

EDIT: If you really want me to analyse his statements, I still think he disagrees with verge, even if he's bsing about knowing the truth, he would definitely prefer characters like mach rider and banjo over new hentai morons like inceneroar and a granblue rep

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Normally when someone says "we need a direct", they don't actually need one, they just want one.

That said, holy helix this community needs a goshdang direct to come and confirm or deconfirm this leak already. Just get it over with Nintendo.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Quick question: of the already disconfirmed characters, who do you see yourself supporting for a hypothetical Smash 6? It'll be hard to bring myself back if Geno's confirmed for this game but I'll probably support Waluigi, Ashley, and Takamaru. The first two I've supported since probably 2012 and Takamaru very late in the Brawl speculation cycle in 2008, mostly just because I want to see the franchise revived.
Ashley and Waluigi.
Wario's friends got shafted and at least one of them should have some time in the spotlight. Preferably both.

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
All this talk of Smash being a "toxic community" is disappointing. The old rule of, "The loud minority does not determine the majority" applies here, as always. The people who are hyped and **** aren't going to be harassing people. They're going to be hyped and ****, sharing that with other people, like most of this thread is doing within itself.

Locals with Smash players have always been chill as **** and, even after all these years, they still feel like the classic basement get-togethers I'd travel 2 hours for. Majors with Smash have always felt amazing as well. FGC as a whole is amazing as far as community goes when things go offline. That is where the community really is. Sure, there are online outlets, but Online is, and always will be, so impersonal and extreme.

You don't hear about 99% of the Smash community's interactions within itself because it's just wholesome, good interactions, aka how it should be. You're not going to hear instances where a top 10 ranking player plays with some kid for a few hours, teaching them ****, because that's just ordinary, every-day ****. You will hear about harassment because it's so ****ing rare and unheard of that it's noteworthy. So long as people being assholes is something that doesn't get blown off like, "well, that's not surprising. Who cares," then we're in a good ****ing spot I think.

Example: I mention someone in League called me a **** and decided to grief me for a full game, then it happened again next game, entirely different person, I guarantee someone will say, "That's too bad." Another will say, "That's League lol." That's when we're ****ed as a community and we've become toxic and unsustainable.

I don't think we're there by a long shot. There are always a few assholes in every community. I've not seen many of said assholes just allowed to exist and **** over everything.

2 pages went by while writing that. It was relevant at the time lol.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Also, what did Spawn Wave said about the leak before? 'can't remember right now.

Last edited:

Bee Card

Smash Ace
Quick question: of the already disconfirmed characters, who do you see yourself supporting for a hypothetical Smash 6? It'll be hard to bring myself back if Geno's confirmed for this game but I'll probably support Waluigi, Ashley, and Takamaru. The first two I've supported since probably 2012 and Takamaru very late in the Brawl speculation cycle in 2008, mostly just because I want to see the franchise revived.
Alucard ! But I know that he will never get in...

beans

Smash Lord
Alright I think something needs to be cleared up here.

Are we entiled to info? Absolutely not.

Does this excuse this guy being biggest **** on the planet?

Not even ****ing close.

As an "insider" he should be acting a lot more professional, but no he literally is making people that buy the leak seem like their ****ing idiots that don't deserve to exist.

"I'll print out the mural when it's fake and send it to all of your houses so you can say you got owned by this guy"

That's a ****ing disgusting statement that is not ok for anyone to say. I get it, some people are being really bad to insiders, but this a gigantic slap in the face to those who are being respectful about people's beliefs.

Does Nate say it's not geared towards that group? No, he straight up says the chat are basically ****ing idiots as well as supporters.

"give me something that proves its real"

If you can't even acknowledge the possibility your source is wrong and that there's enough to support and hurt this leak, then you don't deserve to act your an entailed little ***** or a god to the community. Because you too are not providing evidence and by lashing out at people like this you make things worse. He can't expect to be treated nicely when he's talking down to others like this.

His behavior was completely unacceptable, as is a lot of the behavior towards this leak. But as a "professional" he should absolutely no better and he looks like an *** that doesn't deserve any information to be quite honest.

The two things everyone is missing here are these:

1) The insiders should at least accept they could have false info( good on mystic for at least admitting this)

2) People on all three sides( team fake, real and the insiders) need to treat each other a lot better. By making such toxic statements like that clip you only make things worse then trying to actually better it. No one is going to start giving you respect unless you give others it.

Hopefully everyone involved in this nonsense no matter the outcome can learn next time

/rant.
Next time in Super Smash Brothers
A new leak rise up, linked to the Lorax 2
The Fighting Vergeben Team unites with the Insiders to stop the future that is Goku in Smash
Do they have fake info or did the wish of many come true?
Find out next episode: "Its just a Bigger Mac"

Paperluigi11

Smash Cadet
Paper Mario all the way, I think he could have a fantastic moveset and be a lot of fun with the action command system.

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice
I hope the direct is this week. Then all will be revealed and we can all collectively reunite in hype for release.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Phoenix Wright
Ace Attorney has been a Nintendo handheld flagship since the GBA. I think he'd be a great addition, specially if they also add Ace Attorney music :bobomb:

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Also, what did Spawn Wave said about the leak before? 'can't remember right now.
It's fake, missing Incineroar, it's the only one he can talk freely about because it's "Public knowledge" at this point, but there is supposedly other things it got wrong, and ONE character he's sure is in but is not in the mural.

He supposedly doesn't know about Banjo at all, but is still iffy about them.

Last edited:

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
waluigi, ashley, and shovel knight.
i still stand by waluigi as perfectly deserving of a spot. he's a distinct and well-loved personality, and now daisy's out of the picture as far as "mario spinoff-based moveset"
warioware is established enough to deserve one of its original characters in smash and ashley's my favorite by far. more magic users is fun too
shovel knight may be naught but a fond memory by the time smash 6 rolls around but goddangit i love his game too much to give up on him

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
Sakurai has been promoting Nintendo Live on his Twitter account so an announcement there isn't outside the realm of possibility.
Just read that the Nintendo Live will be on the 3th-8th november in Tokio and 23th-24th in Kioto.

edit: dates

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It's fake, missing Incineroar, it's the only one he can talk freely about because it's "Public knowledge" at this point, but there is supposedly other things it got wrong, and ONE character he's sure is in but is not in the mural.

He supposedly doesn't know about Banjo at all, but is still iffy about them.
Hmm....

I see.

Well, let's hope we get something rapidly.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Fiora, Lyn, Bomberman, Proto Man and Captain Toad

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Glad i didnt argue much and stayed in the sidelines compared to the ESRB leak

If its fake i wont get owned unless shadow is deconfimred in which i case i severely owned myself

Untouch

Smash Master
If a direct is on the 8th, it could be announced at the end of Nintendo Live, which would still put it in this week. I think it still could be either date, I'm fine with waiting personally.

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
He claims not to be the makers of grinch leak, and in fact seems to be stepping away from smash/leak culture.

I agree he can and would do this, but his attitude on twitter seems more defeated than anything else, he even called out those who are phoning ACP and told them to stop. It seems even mariotehplumber who seems to exist only to try and piss people off for attention has called it quits here and thinks this grinch leak argument has gotten too far. If he made the leak, it's become a hollow victory for him, and honestly? I believe this leak is probably real still, but I dunno how to feel when even mariotehplumber of all people seems to think we are all on both sides acting pathetic and wants a break from us.

EDIT: If you really want me to analyse his statements, I still think he disagrees with verge, even if he's bsing about knowing the truth, he would definitely prefer characters like mach rider and banjo over new hentai morons like inceneroar and a granblue rep
What I got from this video is that he seems to think that it's like obviously real and that's why he's angry. He makes an allusion to the insiders being confused and laughs at them throughout the video. He thinks we shouldn't be arguing because obviously we won't debunk it so might as well wait and not fight over it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom