• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Mach Rider: So why aren't you wearing your helmet?

Samus: We're at the beach... Why would I need one?

Mach Rider: In case you have to ride your bike away while in a bathing suit.

Samus: Not everything is a bout biking Mach...

Mach Rider: That's what stupid people without helmets say
That's right, Mach Rider! You tell Samus how stupid she is! (Even though you're the one acting dumb :p)

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I know that weve discussed >mariotehplumber and I highly doubt that hes the culprit considering his vast history (people know him as the rosalina guy but Im going full Cranky Kong and say that he will always be the "Clayssick Sanic" guy in my heart), but at least if he was the leaker, I will still sleep well knowing that he's going to be ass blasted by the legal teams of Marina, ACP, and even Eric, maybe a visit from Namco and Nintendo, and both Team Real and Fake.

I don't think he'd ever recover from that point.

Oh, and it's kinda funny how Papagenos went from our local small channel speculation guy to being portrayed as the hero of Team Real by /v/ almost overnight. Stay lawful good, Genos.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I already regret naming my child Isabelle Will Be An Echo. They're going to be mercilessly mocked.
Dang, you too?

Well, atleast our children will go well together.

I guess in the end, the true leaks were the friends that we made along the way, right?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
not true. the ones that aren't outwardly fake or awful I find are just kind of obnoxious.
I love Waluigi and I want him in as DLC. If that makes me obnoxious, so be it, but the heart wants what the heart wants.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
S

SMH we were going to get a Direct soon either way, please do not make that dude some sort of Gaming industry know it all
The problem is that, this dude have been talking about a November direct for like, four week now, when we were all thinking about PLAYLIST UPDATE and THE NEW IS GONE IN THE FIGHTER ICONS!!!!111!!!

So yeah. Just to tell you that.

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
S

SMH we were going to get a Direct soon either way, please do not make that dude some sort of Gaming industry know it all
Exactly. If they get it right, people then think they're reliable. If they don't: Woopsie I guess my sources were wrong! See you tomorrow for the freshest leak.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I think we might be getting our Smash Direct.

I doubt it, but that would be cool!

So, are you just a huge fan of Scott, or is it like an ironic thing? (Not that it SHOULD be ironic, I have no problem with his content, just curious)

Graizen

Smash Champion
I have a question for you guys!

How you think the Stance Motion will be for the new characters?

Like , the movement they will do when "doing nothing"

Like this for exemple:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Alright I think something needs to be cleared up here.

Are we entiled to info? Absolutely not.

Does this excuse this guy being biggest **** on the planet?

Not even ****ing close.

As an "insider" he should be acting a lot more professional, but no he literally is making people that buy the leak seem like their ****ing idiots that don't deserve to exist.

"I'll print out the mural when it's fake and send it to all of your houses so you can say you got owned by this guy"

That's a ****ing disgusting statement that is not ok for anyone to say. I get it, some people are being really bad to insiders, but this a gigantic slap in the face to those who are being respectful about people's beliefs.

Does Nate say it's not geared towards that group? No, he straight up says the chat are basically ****ing idiots as well as supporters.

"give me something that proves its real"

If you can't even acknowledge the possibility your source is wrong and that there's enough to support and hurt this leak, then you don't deserve to act your an entailed little ***** or a god to the community. Because you too are not providing evidence and by lashing out at people like this you make things worse. He can't expect to be treated nicely when he's talking down to others like this.

His behavior was completely unacceptable, as is a lot of the behavior towards this leak. But as a "professional" he should absolutely no better and he looks like an *** that doesn't deserve any information to be quite honest.

The two things everyone is missing here are these:

1) The insiders should at least accept they could have false info( good on mystic for at least admitting this)

2) People on all three sides( team fake, real and the insiders) need to treat each other a lot better. By making such toxic statements like that clip you only make things worse then trying to actually better it. No one is going to start giving you respect unless you give others it.

Hopefully everyone involved in this nonsense no matter the outcome can learn next time

/rant.
Godsend, dude. I think you nailed the whole rant, and it was perfectly. I don't like those insiders who are ass that claims leak was fake WITHOUT proving any evidence on why it was fake.

D

Deleted member

S

Something something this guy BTFO'd Liam Robertson, Emily and every insider and is on a streak this year

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I just hope female Mach Rider gets in. I don't care if she has the body of a woman, as long as she's a woman
Mach Rider is a trans Icon, a gay icon, and a legend. I support you, Mach Rider. You weren't the retro rep I wanted, but you're the one I need.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I know that weve discussed >mariotehplumber and I highly doubt that hes the culprit considering his vast history (people know him as the rosalina guy but Im going full Cranky Kong and say that he will always be the "Clayssick Sanic" guy in my heart), but at least if he was the leaker, I will still sleep well knowing that he's going to be *** blasted by the legal teams of Marina, ACP, and even Eric, maybe a visit from Namco and Nintendo, and both Team Real and Fake.

Oh, and it's kinda funny how Papagenos went from our local small channel speculation guy to being portrayed as the hero of Team Real by /v/ almost overnight. Stay lawful good, Genos.
Modern morans will always be my favourite

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Quick question: of the already disconfirmed characters, who do you see yourself supporting for a hypothetical Smash 6? It'll be hard to bring myself back if Geno's confirmed for this game but I'll probably support Waluigi, Ashley, and Takamaru. The first two I've supported since probably 2012 and Takamaru very late in the Brawl speculation cycle in 2008, mostly just because I want to see the franchise revived.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I know that weve discussed >mariotehplumber and I highly doubt that hes the culprit considering his vast history (people know him as the rosalina guy but Im going full Cranky Kong and say that he will always be the "Clayssick Sanic" guy in my heart), but at least if he was the leaker, I will still sleep well knowing that he's going to be *** blasted by the legal teams of Marina, ACP, and even Eric, maybe a visit from Namco and Nintendo, and both Team Real and Fake.

Being deemed a hero by 4chan makes you evil by default though

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Quick question: of the already disconfirmed characters, who do you see yourself supporting for a hypothetical Smash 6? It'll be hard to bring myself back if Geno's confirmed for this game but I'll probably support Waluigi, Ashley, and Takamaru. The first two I've supported since probably 2012 and Takamaru very late in the Brawl speculation cycle in 2008, mostly just because I want to see the franchise revived.
Bomberman and Krystal, all the way.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Probably anyone and everyone from Zelda.

JLU51306

Smash Apprentice
They don't have to show **** lol
You're more than welcome to not believe them
And they're more than welcome to not jeopardize their jobs

Let me ask- why is this so important to you that you're so wound up by it?
This goes for everyone.

If the insiders were lying- Why is this so important to you that you're so wound up by it?
This goes for everyone.
I'm not particularly 'wound up' about it. I just find it funny that there are supposed insiders that appear to act incredulous at the fact their "It's fake, but I can't tell you why" comments aren't taken as gospel versus something that has some semblance of physical evidence. Not to mention some of the purveying attitudes from insiders falls along the lines of being judgmental that anyone could think the leak is real, against their spoken word.
I know, I know, they can't reveal their sources and risk journalistic seppuku, and they're doing us all a favor; warning us to not get our hopes up. You can't say you know the answer to the universe, but it's a secret and expect to be taken seriously. If some people want to take them at their word, that's great for them. I'm just as entitled to disregard it. No harm, no foul.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
So, the other thread died... At least we'll still have the memories.

I'm interested to see what'll happen. We should absolutely be getting some news soon, and the 7th or 8th look great - Our last general direct was a Thursday and the Smash direct was a Wednesday, and that also puts us at a month from release. I'm hoping for another 50-fact extravaganza (or 100?!) After all, we still haven't really seen much of the single-player stuff outside of each character getting his own classic path.

I can't wait to see All-Star. Can you imagine All-Star with DLC? It'll take like an hour per character! Awesome!

Also Trophies. Why haven't we heard anything about the normal trophies yet?

I bet Sakurai's still got some fun stuff up his sleeve. Yeah, the Grinch stole the roster and I'm leaning team Real for this one, but there's still a lot we could get. And I'd love if they gave us a DLC tease at the end...Springman or Rex would be good choices for modern ones, but I really want to see Tails finally in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom