• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lurxy

Smash Cadet
NNID
lurxylux
Switch FC
SW 7645 5399 8874
"Oh **** that dude have an unseen background with no Characters! It means he can easily move Characters around! So it's True!"

Simple as that.
When it was established that people are able to do it without having the background. If you were to fake a leak with this quality you would have to be sure that a whole fandom would come and try to debunk it.

Maybe I'm expecting too much from this leaker but why would you take the chance that the background was really never shown when you just could post your mock up and induce the same discussion.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I saw a question over in the reddit threat I want to echo in here.

Back during the ERSB leak, were there any "insiders" claiming it was false, or at least not what they heard? Obviously insiders like this were a bit less... publicized back then, but I'm wondering if anyone recalls anything.

Untouch

Smash Master
You see that big white rectangle? That's common on many of the sticky variants of those bracelets. I believe there's more bracelet underneath the paper, where the sticky part is.
The kind of bracelet you're referring to is for is for events and stuff, the sticky part means you can't remove it without breaking it.

https://www.4imprint.com/product/8998-34/Tyvek-Wristband-34

It's something like this.

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
Got back from Taco Bell for dinner. Brought home one of those Xbox One X boxes. Maybe I'll win. This and subsequent Tacobaco visits will be basically the only time I really attempt to get an Xbox One X in any way.

It's a double chalupa box.

Anyway, would anyone care to join a discord for Smash speculation we can use to talk about the leak?

If not that's fine by me, just figured it might be fun. I'll keep watching Cryaotic playing Vampyr for now.
Sure man,

D

Deleted member

Thought the fighting here was getting bad.

Checked GameFAQs again. As usual, they're being infinity times worse. I went to a few of the threads where people debated whether this was real or fake, and I think they legit gave me a disease.

.....Why can't I stop posting on GameFAQs?
Ironically, Reddit and 4chan have been the best places to discuss this really.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
wait did i come back to people trying to say this is a sticker bracelet
come on dudes
If that is a sticker bracelet then the Grinch stuff where he comes out from a gift box better be those nice Christmas tree that you put on your cars and smell nice.

Untouch

Smash Master

Back during the ERSB leak, were there any "insiders" claiming it was false, or at least not what they heard? Obviously insiders like this were a bit less... publicized back then, but I'm wondering if anyone recalls anything.
I believe GameXplain didn't believe it at first, they were a much smaller channel back then though.
That's the only "insider" I can think of though.

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
I genuinely don't mind either way. The only character in the leak I genuinely want is Shadow, and regardless if this is fake or real, I think he's going to be in.

If real? We have a lot of new and interesting additions that are both excellent for diversity and provides characters and representation the fanbase has been wanting for over a decade. That itself makes me want this, of course!

If fake, I still won't mind. I've gotten newcomers I wanted in Chrom and Inklings. Plus, it'd mean Skull Kid, my number one want, has a shot still.

Then begs the question, would sacrificing these great picks be worth it for the chance my want could be in? Is being selfish better than being supportive? Nah, so I hope it's real for the sake of a huge portion of the fan base getting dream characters.
I am in complete concurrence with this comment. Even down to Skull Kid being no. 1 . This is creepy, dude. Are you me?

lurxy

Smash Cadet
NNID
lurxylux
Switch FC
SW 7645 5399 8874
If that is a sticker bracelet then the Grinch stuff where he comes out from a gift box better be those nice Christmas tree that you put on your cars and smell nice.
I hope it would smell like garlic then.

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Mario Universe before Ultimate:
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultdoc::ultrosalina::ultbowserjr::ultyoshi::ultwario::ultdk::ultdiddy:

Mario Universe post Ultimate:
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultdoc::ultrosalina::ultbowserjr::ultyoshi::ultwario::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool:Geno

(No one even start with the "but Yoshi/Wario/DK characters don't count" crap; you will be ignored)

...yeah, I don't think "too many" is the problem for Pokémon, especially when three of the playable Pokémon are considered part of the same component... (:ultpokemontrainer:)
no offense but they actually do not count, they even dont include Yoshi, Wario, and DK characters in the same place as Mario on the smash bros Website...

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

No one beside GameExplain and even then, they barely were the Sames. Otherwise, no one gave a **** about smash insiders wise

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I think discrediting credible sources based on things they got wrong in the past is a dumb idea. And ignorant as well if they got things about the game right already as in the case of Emily. It's fine if you don't agree (like myself) but don't go around acting pretentious because they're not confirming the Banner Leak.
Yes I would. Although I have almost zero connection to any of the characters or franchise in the leak my wife loves Banjo and my brother is a huge sonic fan. But it also shows how much fan influence is in the Roster now with Isaac, Geno and Banjo.

I just want an Advance Wars rep. There’s a big Andy shaped hole in my heart.
I'd welcome Andy, or any Advance Wars rep. That series needs some love. By the way...
(blushes profusely)

You guys warm my heart. Glad to see there's others in my cause haha. Come by the Andy thread anytime.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
That was said by someone else.
She backed it up i'm pretty sure. Plus it wouldn't matter because there's plenty more she has been wrong about, including female Link in BOTW, BOTW's release date, Pokemon Stars, etc.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I don't buy the theory that this is a bracelet. Bracelets are not one-size-fits-all. Which is why the design is commonly done like this:

So you can size the bracelet so it fits around your wrist.

The alternative theory, the one I believe, is that this "bracelet" is actually intended to be the design that wraps around the overhead display seen in the first photo. This means the design is not printed to scale.

I think the same concept applies. There are multiple of these conceptual overhead displays being printed and wrapped it seems.

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
Just realized something. The background may actually be different on purpose from E3 or the official banner used on the website. Remember the original leak?

Look at the top right image with the circular prop. You can see the background here is repeated twice to accommodate the title and logo's, then all of the characters.

Not sure if this was readily obvious, but I just wanted to make note that we have no idea how these things are overlayed and repeated.

The background stock image on the top left may not be used for the same background for the characters. It may be for, lets say, the back of the advertisement or just the logos, just a blank poster with the background as such, and could have been made differently from the official and E3 backgrounds we have.
Doesn’t the official banner we have already wrap though? I’m pretty sure that’s on the smash website.

Pakky

Smash Hero
yes, its who they are that gives them credibility.

it is a chain though because my source has a microsoft source so im getting info down a line of people
Right now you're among the best I trust you wholeheartedly I just hope all this doesn't come burning down on folks.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
OK...we all know that everyone is divided when it comes to do we believe this is real or not, but what if we phrase the question differently:

Do you WANT this leak to be real or not? No facts, no proof, no debunking. If these were the final 7 newcomers, would you be excited?
Oh hell yeah! I absolutely want it to be real. My 3 top most wanted are Geno, Bandana Waddle Dee, and Shadow, in that order. I've already accepted that Bandana Waddle Dee is probably not going to make the base roster no matter what, so getting the other two on top of 5 other amazing characters would be amazing for me.

But yeah, want and believe are two separate things.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Wait...why are people arguing they're bracelet?

I thought it was already verified that the company was doing shop like promotional material, like those things you put on the ceiling and some stands.
I think it's worthy of discussion. Because if they're actual size bracelets, then that means they're likely finished products. But I believe they're not to scale and are supposed to be representations of a larger, final product, in which case, these aren't finished products.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I think discrediting credible sources based on things they got wrong in the past is a dumb idea. And ignorant as well if they got things about the game right already as in the case of Emily. It's fine if you don't agree (like myself) but don't go around acting pretentious because they're not confirming the Banner Leak.

(blushes profusely)

You guys warm my heart. Glad to see there's others in my cause haha. Come by the Andy thread anytime.
Oh crap, I haven't visited that thread yet. I do indeed support Andy's inclusion.

Please forgive me.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Paper Grinch: Sticker Bracelet is one of my favorite video games.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
She's gotten a LOT of stuff wrong. A lot. She is as unreliable as they come.
The very convenient link posted on the previous page proves you wrong.
I count 3 which are incorrect, a few unproven and all of the rest are correct.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I’ll value Emily’s opinion, just not as much as everyone else’s. I understand she’s actually been right this year, but you still can’t blame people for not trusting her all that much.

And honestly Emily saying that you’d be able to switch Link’s gender in BOTW is a way worse offense than the Mother 3 localization stuff imo. She was way off the mark there, and I honestly do think the talk about Mother 3 being localized is very real, Nintendo is just really hesitant about it for some reason.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Oh crap, I haven't visited that thread yet. I do indeed support Andy's inclusion.

Please forgive me.
*speaks in a deep, menacing voice*

"HOW DARE YOU DYLLYBIRDY! FOR THIS ACT, THERE CAN BE NO FORGIVENESS!!!"

Nah don't worry about it man it's all good. Another supporter the better. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom