• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beatrice

Smash Cadet
I go back and forth between feeling like "wow, only 50 days till the game comes out. So close!" and "wow, a whole 50 days till the game comes out. So far away :("

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
About the Video Game Awards, I think it would be sweet if they revealed DLC for Smash there. I don't think we have gotten any Smash news before there for any of the previous games.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
I think I've given up hope of an October direct.
I got myself hyped up twice now, not again.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Words cannot describe how happy I am this game wasn't announced until as late in development as it was. While some people hate it, I absolutely love how Nintendo's been announcing games lately. For me personally, if I can't play it within 12-16 months, I'd rather not know it exists.
You think that's bad? Try waiting for KHIII or FFVII Remake...

I mean, you can expect an indie kickstarter game to take forever, not big-name stuff like those two.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

I mean, you can expect an indie kickstarter game to take forever, not big-name stuff like those two.
Pfffft. Shenmue 3's got both those wannabes beat.

Only kickstarter I've ever backed.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I just realized I'm not ready to see the barrage of explosives with 8 :ultsnake: facing off at once. How would I even keep track of who's who?

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
Smash Game: Remove one, add another.

I'll start.

Remove: :ultdarkpit:

Add: Dillon

Extra points for controversial.
People really don't catch how easy it is to cheat in this one now, don't they?

Remove: :ultdarkpit:

Add: :ultdarkpit: but he's an original character.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
LeakyPandy said that a game with controversies surrounding it (which is why people assume Dragon Quest combined with its Nintendo-relations) would be nominated at the Video Game Awards, but that they were unsure it would win due to the controversies (not LeakyPandy, Nintendo and Square Enix or whoever, LP just said "they"), however a character would be announced for DLC.

Due to how they would be unsure if it would win, it sounds pretty dumb to plan a DLC announcement there imo. If LP actually has sources, they need to stop trusting every person they come across who claims to have information :p

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
LeakyPandy said that a game with controversies surrounding it (which is why people assume Dragon Quest combined with its Nintendo-relations) would be nominated at the Video Game Awards, but that they were unsure it would win due to the controversies (not LeakyPandy, Nintendo and Square Enix or whoever, LP just said "they"), however a character would be announced for DLC.

Due to how they would be unsure if it would win, it sounds pretty dumb to plan a DLC announcement there imo.
Lol imagine if your games protagonist got announced as Smash DLC right after the unplanned loss you take

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
In these troubled times, let's remember to hype responsibly like these two, in Flint's newest pic.

inktober_17_ice_climbers_by_flintofmother3-dcpoe2t.jpg

The FFVII Remake will probably be released sometime 10 years from now, whats the big deal? its not that long of a wait :4pacman: .
Business as usual for me then.

...I thought people here really liked her games. I'm happy I didn't make anyone mad at least, ha ha.
You did at least catch us on a good day, some bloke recently called her "irrelevant" in regards to ballot popularity midway through a rant about these boards being a cult-like mentality like some parts of 4Chan.

That said, I am looking forward to how Bayonetta 3 turns out.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings

KHIII didn't even exist until 2013 and was outright stated by the director to have been announced too early; development didn't begin in earnest until 2015. So it's had a 3.5 year dev cycle; not bad at all. Unless you're one of those people who've ignored every game released since KHII and acted like III was some guarantee after it in which case have fun not knowing who half the people on the cover are.

Anyways, how much do you think the inevitable season pass will be? My guess: $40.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
It’s tomorrow or bust for October in my opinion

But really since smash ultimate might be gold at this point (very likely from photo) it will only be a matter of time before a certain person with a copy pulls a ESRB 2.0

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Cut:

Add:

Now the game is perfect.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
KHIII didn't even exist until 2013 and was outright stated by the director to have been announced too early; development didn't begin in earnest until 2015. So it's had a 3.5 year dev cycle; not bad at all. Unless you're one of those people who've ignored every game released since KHII and acted like III was some guarantee after it in which case have fun not knowing who half the people on the cover are.

Anyways, how much do you think the inevitable season pass will be? My guess: $40.
That would be even less bad if they at least had the sense to have the spin-offs stick to one console.

Not sure if Smash will even use a pass, tho.

Shroob

Sup?
On the bright side, there's only one full week of October left.

And come Halloween, we'll be under 40 days until launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom