• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Anytime we play ''Remove this and add this instead" games I'm always thankful no one here is game developers.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, people love her games.

But in Smash? . . . It's, uh, a different story.
Sometimes, I look at her and think of :jigglypuffmelee:, just because of both of their crazy offstage abilities, recovery, and hate. I guess one may be more "broken" than the other, but I see similarities (not everywhere, though).

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Remove : :ultpacman:

Add: :4pacman:

I miss 4 Pac :c I'm still reeling from the footage where Ultimate Pac was nerfed

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
LeakyPandy said that a game with controversies surrounding it (which is why people assume Dragon Quest combined with its Nintendo-relations) would be nominated at the Video Game Awards, but that they were unsure it would win due to the controversies (not LeakyPandy, Nintendo and Square Enix or whoever, LP just said "they"), however a character would be announced for DLC.

Due to how they would be unsure if it would win, it sounds pretty dumb to plan a DLC announcement there imo. If LP actually has sources, they need to stop trusting every person they come across who claims to have information :p
Leaky pandy said Isle Delfino would be in Odyssey by now. If were gonna take leaky pandy at their word other than someone trying to get attention off of loz18 of all people..

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Anytime we play ''Remove this and add this instead" games I'm always thankful no one here is game developers.
It was always cringe-inducing on the Bioware Social Network when people would **** on a game in a thread in which one of the developers was actively participating.

No wonder they chose to shut it down.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Smash Game: Remove one, add another.

I'll start.

Remove: :ultdarkpit:

Add: Dillon

Extra points for controversial.
Remove: :ultdoc:
Add: Lloyd

Remove::ultpokemontrainer:
Add: Hoen Pokemon Trainer with Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken

Remove::ultrob:
Add: Elma

Remove: :ultpit:
Add: Isaac

Remove: :ultmiifighters:
Add: Mythra

Controversial Time I suppose 0.0

Remove::ultfalco:
Add: Haar from Fire Emblem

Remove::ultfox:
Add: Magalor

Remove::ultwario:
Add: Ninten

and finally....

Remove: :ultfalcon:
Add: Guy Cecill from Tales of the Abyss

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
That would be amazing. Not holding out hope though. But if ATs get upgraded for DLC I’m rooting for her (along with Ashley and Wah)
Now that I have Daisy, Midna is my most desired character. I'm with you.

But the joke was that it's another Link.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

and finally....

ALRIGHT BOYS TIME WE CLOSE THIS GAME UP

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Cut: Half the roster
Add: Newcomers.

Smash is like most games. Too many characters, not enough resources to go around.
And when we faced clones, I offered a solution

Cutting.

They called me a mad man. And what I predicted came to pass.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Best case idea I can think of is a trailer that drops hints at MULTIPLE characters to sell a season pass with an Echo as day 1 DLC for those who buy in.

Octoling? Hilda? (may be why Zelda has no Hilda alt) Dry Bowser? Big Boss?
An echo suggestion is alright, though still makes you wonder why they would be DLC and not in the base game, which is the main problem with day 1 DLC. Trailer hint at a season pass is interesting--could be something like how Zelda's DLC was announced. Still, the way the rumors make it sound, it sounds like something concrete, like a character, would be announced.

People often forget that Mewtwo was announced to be DLC a month and a half before Smash for Wii U was released. The game hadn't even gone gold yet.

"Day 1 DLC" isn't the same as working on DLC before the game ships. When a game enters the home stretch, there are multiple workers without a job left to do because their work is finished. You either lay off those employees, move them to another studio, or have them work on DLC. It's quite common for developers to go the DLC route these days; it's not always for money-grubbing purposes. Just an appropriate use of resources.

That said, from a marketing standpoint, announcing new DLC on the day of release in Japan isn't a good move. I don't think the announcement will be Smash related, personally.
I could see DLC being talked about a month in advance like last time--my issue was with it being the day before/day of... it's a bit weird. Which is why I struggle to think of something Smash related to be announced the day prior.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Okay, I'm bored again, so I'll give a task/challenge for imagination.

Try to give every playable character a team partner (can only have 1), but it has to make sense (characters should fit well together). Or just come up with just some if it's that hard.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I hope that they do add more Street Fighter 3 music. Primarily from Third Strike's OST. Chun-Li, Elena, Akuma, Dudley, Makoto, Ken/Alex, Ibuki, Ryu's themes are all great. Q's too. Some of the 2nd Impact songs are cool too.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Try to give every playable character a team partner (can only have 1), but it has to make sense (characters should fit well together). Or just come up with just some if it's that hard.
I only need one

:ultyoshi::ultkirby:

Not hard to guess what the connection is...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Remove : :ultpacman:

Add: :4pacman:

I miss 4 Pac :c I'm still reeling from the footage where Ultimate Pac was nerfed
His fire hydrant does conk :ultbayonetta: on the head pretty nicely now, at least.

Better idea: Cut

Add

If you're gonna get rid of Princess Azalea, at least replace her with Daisy instead of fit Azalea.
Plum when? There needs to be golf club dueling.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

I would go with Mario For Sonic.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Try to give every playable character a team partner (can only have 1), but it has to make sense. Or just come up with just some if it's that hard.
:ultfalcon::ultsamus:/:ultzss: - Bounty hunters
:ultduckhunt:/:ultness: - Pet & Owner
:ultike::ultshulk: - God killers
:ultkrool::ultridley: - Big pirates
:ultlittlemac::ultwiifittrainer: - Fitness
:ultlucas::ultrosalina: - Son & Mother
:ultryu::ultlucario: - Trainer & Companion

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
We should be getting information sometime around the end of the month or early November. Has to be before November 7th.

So, sometime in the next 20 or so days. removing weekends, in the next 16 or so days, we have to be getting a direct.

Last month is critical month. They will not let it wait.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
We should be getting information sometime around the end of the month or early November. Has to be before November 7th.

So, sometime in the next 20 or so days. removing weekends, in the next 16 or so days, we have to be getting a direct.

While I agree it'll be before November 7th, nothing says it's required to be before the 7th. It's incredibly likely though, yes.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
You just had to ask for it you troglodyte, you've damned this page and smash.
This isn't a game anymore.

Cut: :ultinkling::ultridley::ultdaisy::ultmario::ultlink::ulticeclimbers::ultcorrin::ultsnake::ultdk::ultsonic::ultfalco::ultyounglink::ultpokemontrainer::ultmarth::ultkirby::ultmegaman::ultpit::ultpichu::ultbowserjr::ultmiifighters::ultrob::ultfalcon::ultjigglypuff::ultwario::ultsamus::ultsimon::ultkrool::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultvillager::ultdarkpit::ultduckhunt::ultness::ultpeach::ultwolf::ultike::ultkingdedede::ultbowser::ulttoonlink::ultryu::ultisabelle::ultganondorf::ultpikachu::ultlucina::ultlucario::ultsheik::ultfox::ultwiifittrainer::ultdoc::ultgreninja::ultshulk::ultyoshi::ultchrom::ultinkling::ultpacman::ultsamus::ultdoc::ultzss::ultlucas::ultcorrin::ultmetaknight::ultroy::ultpit::ultpalutena::ultryu::ultmewtwo::ultdiddy::ultrosalina::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowserjr::ultsheik::ultganondorf::ultlucina::ultgnw::ultolimar::ultvillager::ultwiifittrainer::ultbayonetta:

Add: Waluigi to every empty slot.
you caused this and everyone hates you.
Aw. You cut Lucina twice.

That's just unnecessarily hurtful.

Shroob

Sup?

I dunno why it 'has' to be before November 7th.

Yeah, that's a month until the game launches, but if they're waiting until November for the final direct, we can throw the "Advertising Let's Go" argument straight in the trash.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
While I agree it'll be before November 7th, nothing says it's required to be before the 7th. It's incredibly likely though, yes.
I'm sticking to my guns on that November 7th prediction.

On the day. Take it to the bank and smoke it or however that phrase goes.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Remove: everyone
Add: everyone

It's Everyone Is Here for a reason.

I could certainly see Ultimate newbies I would cut... but despite some moments of weaknesses, I try not to go out of my way to **** on people's favorite characters (though will offer my honest opinions when prompted). I just want my Banjo. :scared:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

And then the day after, :ultluigi:finally gets his blog post, since his LM 3DS game arrives in Japan.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I dunno why it 'has' to be before November 7th.

Yeah, that's a month until the game launches, but if they're waiting until November for the final direct, we can throw the "Advertising Let's Go" argument straight in the trash.
That is one of the reasons why I think it will be early November. Wii U was fully set a month in advance. This has been a faster news cycle.
Mainly I think it will be before the 7th because Sakurai hates leaks, and once review copies start going out, it is over for holding the cat in the bag.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Remove: everyone
Add: everyone

It's Everyone Is Here for a reason.

I could certainly see Ultimate newbies I would cut... but despite some moments of weaknesses, I try not to go out of my way to **** on people's favorite characters (though will offer my honest opinions when prompted). I just want my Banjo. :scared:
Hoy ease up.
It's a dumb forum game.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

and finally....

By controversial you mean literally awful.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Man, remember when everyone got the idea that Incineroar 100% was going to be revealed at the end of a "Pokemon direct" for some reason? That was weird.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You just had to ask for it you troglodyte, you've damned this page and smash.
This isn't a game anymore.

Cut: :ultinkling::ultridley::ultdaisy::ultmario::ultlink::ulticeclimbers::ultcorrin::ultsnake::ultdk::ultsonic::ultfalco::ultyounglink::ultpokemontrainer::ultmarth::ultkirby::ultmegaman::ultpit::ultpichu::ultbowserjr::ultmiifighters::ultrob::ultfalcon::ultjigglypuff::ultwario::ultsamus::ultsimon::ultkrool::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultvillager::ultdarkpit::ultduckhunt::ultness::ultpeach::ultwolf::ultike::ultkingdedede::ultbowser::ulttoonlink::ultryu::ultisabelle::ultganondorf::ultpikachu::ultlucina::ultlucario::ultsheik::ultfox::ultwiifittrainer::ultdoc::ultgreninja::ultshulk::ultyoshi::ultchrom::ultinkling::ultpacman::ultsamus::ultdoc::ultzss::ultlucas::ultcorrin::ultmetaknight::ultroy::ultpit::ultpalutena::ultryu::ultmewtwo::ultdiddy::ultrosalina::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowserjr::ultsheik::ultganondorf::ultlucina::ultgnw::ultolimar::ultvillager::ultwiifittrainer::ultbayonetta:

Add: Waluigi to every empty slot.
you caused this and everyone hates you.
I see you cut Chrom twice. Good. The double cut cancels the cut out. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom