• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Calane

Smash Ace
>Mfw when everyone discredit the VGA DLC Announcement because Leakypandy said it

>No one Remember that Spawn Wave said it first about an announcement there and double confirmed that we will get a SE Characters whenever it's DLC or Not befores Vergeben himself said that there chance he might be DLC

Smfh Guys. Leakypandy is probably BS but Spawn Wave can be somehow trusted as they have sources. At least recently they seems to have correct information.
The VGA DLC thing is pretty much the only rumor I really hope is true. However, I didn't know Spawn Wave said it first. Huh, how about that.

If Spawn Wave can be trusted, then I can only hope that the DLC character turns out being a Dragon Quest rep despite Leakypandy probably being fake.

(I just realized that half of my comments recently have been about DQ... I really have to find something else to talk about).

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Luckily, Smash is not a fighting game, and Smash has shown themselves to have vastly different standards than any fighting game especially in regards to DLC.
:4mewtwo:

can't recall any fighting game that has ever done the Day 1 DLC announcement thing either.
Yeah, now we beat record. We have DLC Announced months before the game is out.
*Look at Soul Calibur*

D

Deleted member

Okay, I'm bored again, so I'll give a task/challenge for imagination.

Try to give every playable character a team partner (can only have 1), but it has to make sense (characters should fit well together). Or just come up with just some if it's that hard.
:ultinkling::ultsamus: - I feel like both male and female Inkling would think Samus is the coolest person ever and would always follow her around. Samus would probably be a little irritated by them at first, but would eventually come to like them and maybe even teach them a few things.

:ultvillager::ultisabelle: - I imagine Villager is the type to constantly be curious and sidetracked, which ends up getting them into trouble. Isabelle is there to help keep them safe and focused.

:ultlucas::ultluigi: - Both are very timid, but they're also able to step up and be heroes when needed.

:ultbowser::ultkrool: - Both would work together in hopes of beating Mario and DK. However, knowing their personalities, they'd probably wind up turning on each other at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
Here’s an interesting hypothetical since we’re getting closer to spooky day.

If there was one character added to smash that would represent the horror games genre, who would it be and why?

I’d choose Six from Little Nightmares, as I feel they’d have a pretty good chance compared to other games, and she has a unique design I think would fit in with smash.

Untouch

Smash Master
Smash 4 had DLC planned before the game was released.
A button for stage DLC was datamined in the 3DS version.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Can anyone link to SpawnWave talking about the VGAs, I couldn't find anything (I didn't look very hard though).
Not sure if this is the right one, because he doesn't mention having sources that talk about an announcement at the VGAs--he first talks about how an SE rep is in, but could be either base or DLC, and then speculates DLC could be announced at the VGA's. Maybe there's another where he talks about the VGA's, or maybe people are misinterpreting speculation as a rumor.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

If there was one character added to smash that would represent the horror games genre, who would it be and why?

I’d choose Six from Little Nightmares, as I feel they’d have a pretty good chance compared to other games, and she has a unique design I think would fit in with smash.
Obviously Chris Redfield.
Like, there's not even anything close to him as far as "iconic horror protagonist" goes.

Well either him or Harry Mason/Pyramid Head, but I feel that both of those would be pretty hard sells for Nintendo.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
But has Sakurai done so with DLC?
Just like you told me with the Geno Leak and me implying it's issues and you saying there tons of other way it could have been used.

I can tell you that there a first to everything and you don't know how this game will be marketed. Every smash game is marketed differently and we might as well get our first DLC announcement at the VGA. But dismissing it just to fulfill some kind of "honor code" isn't good. Just like believing that it will totally happens to have a "wish fulliment" things happens isn't good either.

Untouch

Smash Master
TGAs are on the 6th, late on the 6th.
The game would be out in Japan at the time

The only reason I personally don't believe it is because a Dragon Quest announcement at a very western focused event would be unorthodox.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Smash Game: Remove one, add another.

I'll start.

Remove: :ultdarkpit:

Add: Dillon

Extra points for controversial.
Remove: :ultroy::ultchrom::ultisabelle::ultjigglypuff:
Add: Saber, Sakura Matou, Optimus Prime, Big the Cat & Froggy
how could you do that to your own daughter, chrom?
For whatever reason I find a lot of Chrom fans dislike Lucina. Buuuut I'm also a Lucina fan who dislikes Chrom. It's weird.
stop hating on my poor wife you uncultured pigs do you not see all the **** she's been through and is still putting up with god never speak to us or Morgan again

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ha ha thanks to all of you these are now all the team-ups I want to see in Spirits if there's a SSE like story. :grin:

:ultbayonetta::ultpalutena:
:ultfalcon::ultsamus:/:ultzss:
:ultcloud::ultlink:
:ultdarkpit::ultmewtwo:
:ultduckhunt::ultness:
:ultgreninja::ultsheik:
:ultike::ultshulk:
:ultkingdedede::ultwario:
:ultkrool::ultridley:
:ultkirby::ultpacman:
:ultlittlemac::ultwiifittrainer:
:ultlucario::ultryu:
:ultlucas::ultrosalina:
:ultluigi::ultyoshi:
:ultmario::ultsonic:
:ultgnw::ultrob:

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Okay, I'm bored again, so I'll give a task/challenge for imagination.

Try to give every playable character a team partner (can only have 1), but it has to make sense (characters should fit well together). Or just come up with just some if it's that hard.
Let's give this a shot:
:ultbowserjr:+:ultrob: = Machine/Fight Using Machinery
:ultmetaknight:+:ultlucina:= Mask Boyo/Girlo
:ultkrool:+:ultkingdedede:= Two big evil dudes who want food
:ultbayonetta:+:ultshulk:= Have time like things (Witch Time and Vision)
:ultyoshi:+:ultmario:= Simple explanation that I don't need to say
:ultdarksamus:+:ultdarkpit:= Both evil counterparts of the main character
:ultvillager:+:ultmarth:= Nice "rulers" of their kingdom/town and both murder!
:ultmiifighters:+:ultpalutena:= Unique Customs
:ultcorrin:+:ultinkling:= Both change to a different form/animal (dragon/squid) for some of their grabs
:ultbowser:+:ultganondorf:= the two biggest evils of Nintendo series
:ultfalcon:+:ultdoc:= Both have a meaty downward aerial stomp
:ultcloud:+:ultsnake:= Two of the biggest shocks in their respective premier smash games
:ultdk:+:ultpichu:= Spiky ear'd pichu won some eating competition in the anime and DK likes banans. nuff said
:ultduckhunt:+:ulticeclimbers:= Retro + characters that are tech multiple characters in 1
:ultfalco:+:ultridley:= Only two with wings
:ultfox:+:ultdiddy:= Favorite subspace duo soo
:ultgreninja:+:ultsonic:= Fastest Pokemon in the game and the fastest thing alive
:ultike:+:ultrobin= Robin is like Soren for Ike and Ike is like Chrom for Robin.
:ultisabelle:+:ultpikachu:= Pikachu wants to help other pokemon in the anime and Isabelle is the master of helping
:ultjigglypuff:+:ultlittlemac:= Mac is clearly the only one in the cast who can deal with Puff's singing cause he trains nonstop and yeah
:ultkirby:+:ultmewtwo:= Both are killers who seek for mass destruction of the world
:ultyounglink:+:ultpokemontrainer:= People with many different "renditions" (in quotations marks since POkemon Trainer represents all the other main ones i guess)
:ultlucario:+:ultryu:= They both would uh...meditate and zen
:ultlucas:+:ultrosalina:= She is basically a mother for Lucas
:ultluigi:+:ultpacman:= Pac-Man eats ghost and luigi "hunts" ghosts
:ultmegaman:+:ultsamus:= Both are like robot peeps not really but yeah
:ultgnw:+:ultwario:= Both have awkward movement
:ultolimar:+:ultchrom:= Leader of something/captain of it. (Captain Olimar and the Leader of the Sheperds)
:ultness:+:ultdaisy:= Baseball bat and sports
:ultpeach:+:ultzss:= Both have deadly heels and weird jank up b's
:ultpit:+:ultroy:= INclusion help revive/spark interest for their respective series?
:ultsheik:+:ultwiifittrainer:= uhhh fitness i guess
:ultwolf:+:ultlink:= Wolf represents Wolf Link i guess
:ultsimon:+:ultrichter:= I got lazy
and that leaves us with.....
:ultzelda:+:ulttoonlink:= Characters from the same series but aren't really from games that are seen as "traditional" Zelda games

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Shame the music had to be Mega Man related and not anything remotely interesting.

:4pacman:
I hope shulk gets removed and replaced with a good character, you damn smashboards user

I'm not serious, for all the people reading this and thinking I actually want anyone removed. You know who you are. You got very angry all of a sudden. Sit down, big head.

Untouch

Smash Master
Not sure if this is the right one, because he doesn't mention having sources that talk about an announcement at the VGAs--he first talks about how an SE rep is in, but could be either base or DLC, and then speculates DLC could be announced at the VGA's. Maybe there's another where he talks about the VGA's, or maybe people are misinterpreting speculation as a rumor.
This was posted slightly after LeakyPandy so I don't know if it's this.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
This was posted slightly after LeakyPandy so I don't know if it's this.
Yeah, this is all I remembered hearing personally--though I've heard from others that he mentioned an announcement on the VGA's. Thought maybe he mentioned it there as well, though if he did I missed it. Which is why I think it's another one, but can't seem to track it down as well.

D

Deleted member

The only reason I personally don't believe it is because a Dragon Quest announcement at a very western focused event would be unorthodox.
This makes sense, but the reason I don't buy it is a reveal like that would make TGA have a point. I still wouldn't watch them

I hope shulk gets removed and replaced with a good character, you damn smashboards user

I'm not serious, for all the people reading this and thinking I actually want anyone removed. You know who you are. You got very angry all of a sudden. Sit down, big head.
Yeah, I've just never been a big Mega Man fan, and sense music theory got killed last week, seeing a Mega Man song last night was just met with a disappointed "oh" from me.

Calane

Smash Ace

I would pick Poltergust Luigi, but Sakurai refuses to base Luigi's moveset off of his own series, so my idea has no real chance of ever happening.

Yes, I know Luigi's Mansion isn't an actual "Horror Game", but I think it still counts.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
papagenos papagenos Finished watching your video. Thumbs up, great job, and that aside,
Any idea on what the image leak might be? Any interesting image leaks people have sent your way that haven't been disproven?

And, of course I have to ask this seeing as I already know you think it might be Geno (I think it might be too), think it might be that one "Sassy Geno" image leak that has yet to be disproven?

Thank you! I have no idea which one it is. But yeah I'm personally LEANING towards that tilted Geno, but im biased on that haha.

I was however sent the post tansut made about cloud and it was all star wars references pointing towards cloud. episode 7 (FF 7) / blonde protagonist (cloud)/ bespin (CLOUD city)....

tansutcredibility.jpg

and since he "leaks" in riddles, "ruffled their feathers" might mean a banjo kazooie leak.

I do think the fact he guessed cloud means his sources are square related and im still thinking its a square rep despite the "feathers" comment, as that also fits with vergeben saying the square rep is very secretive.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yeah, I've just never been a big Mega Man fan, and sense music theory got killed last week, seeing a Mega Man song last night was just met with a disappointed "oh" from me.
I mean that's fair. Was met with all around positive reception either way.
You're not alone in your not caring much for popular things though.

The thought of Dante's inclusion does less for me than Steve.

Shroob

Sup?
Thank you! I have no idea which one it is. But yeah I'm personally LEANING towards that tilted Geno, but im biased on that haha.

I was however sent the post tansut made about cloud and it was all star wars references pointing towards cloud. episode 7 (FF 7) / blonde protagonist (cloud)/ bespin (CLOUD city)....

View attachment 170423

and since he "leaks" in riddles, "ruffled their feathers" might mean a banjo kazooie leak.

I do think the fact he guessed cloud means his sources are square related and im still thinking its a square rep despite the "feathers" comment, as that also fits with vergeben saying the square rep is very secretive.
My only question then falls in line with Nekoo's beliefs.

If it is Sas-Geno, where does the render come from?

It seems way too 'boring' to be his CSS render compared to literally everyone else.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Just like you told me with the Geno Leak and me implying it's issues and you saying there tons of other way it could have been used.

I can tell you that there a first to everything and you don't know how this game will be marketed. Every smash game is marketed differently and we might as well get our first DLC announcement at the VGA. But dismissing it just to fulfill some kind of "honor code" isn't good. Just like believing that it will totally happens to have a "wish fulliment" things happens isn't good either.
Except you forget the part where I conceded I don't even believe the leak, just that I don't want to entirely rule it out.

So, saying that a VGA DLC announcement is highly unlikely and not entirely ruling it out is okay and what seems like the best option to me. There's a difference between the different marketing-all of which has been smart and at least somewhat comparable to each other as 4 and Brawl were-and a plain stupid marketing move like announcing the first DLC character the day the game is released. Sakurai and the team have shown themselves to understand how to properly market DLC.

Also, Mewtwo isn't a trump card like people seem to imply; SMASH 3DS EXISTED. AND IT DID FOR A MONTH BEFORE WE LEARNED MEWTWO EXISTED.

Like waiting a month for the first DLC post-release would make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom