• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kylexv

Smash Master
So, the characters left:

:ultyoshi::ultluigi::ultzelda::ultmewtwo::ultroy::ultgnw::ultzss::ultdiddy::ultlucas::ultolimar::ultrosalina::ultlittlemac::ultpalutena::ultpacman::ultrobin:ultbayonetta:

After tomorrow, we will have 7 weeks until launch. Assuming 3 characters every week, that's 5 empty slots for characters. But I'm also thinking we'll get some 2 characters weeks as well.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
My only question then falls in line with Nekoo's beliefs.

If it is Sas-Geno, where does the render come from?

It seems way too 'boring' to be his CSS render compared to literally everyone else.
Boring's not the right word but I know what you mean.

Reveal trailer.

Anyway,
Tomorrow's update will not be a character.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
I think whatever leak he's talking about hasn't been made public.

Sassy Geno was a part of another leak, or at least very likely, that didn't look real at all, and is a very old "leak", I don't know why Nintendo just would have noticed it.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Boring's not the right word but I know what you mean.

Reveal trailer.

Anyway,
Tomorrow's update will not be a character.
Yeah, I guess I could see it being part of his Splash Screen.

I just can't imagine though that the CSS render wouldn't emphasize the gun-arm of his that Sakurai himself finds 'cool'.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Someone in the Geno thread said they remember seeing people on the 4chan thread say that the Geno image was also posted a few days before (the day the Banjo & Dixie were posted).

However, I can't confirm this as I can't find the thread on fireden, but to be fair, I can't even find the Banjo & Dixie thread that Geno was a part of :S (and tbh I don't wanna keep looking through 4chan crap...)

I do think the Geno render could be part of a menu screen if not his CSS render nor a reveal's splash screen, like how other characters have different renders in other menus already.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
I do think the fact he guessed cloud means his sources are square related and im still thinking its a square rep despite the "feathers" comment, as that also fits with vergeben saying the square rep is very secretive.
Square rep? Feathers?

Could it be...?

EDIT: Damn broken images. Picture of Chocobo
:V

(To be honest I wouldn't mind if it meant the hilarious metal remix of the Chocobo theme came with it)

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I'm just gonna say, I hope the real leak isn't this render:
Flat, ugly unprofessional-looking render with unfitting expressions. (Sorry I couldn't find the expanded version that has Kazooie too)

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Thank you! I have no idea which one it is. But yeah I'm personally LEANING towards that tilted Geno, but im biased on that haha.

I was however sent the post tansut made about cloud and it was all star wars references pointing towards cloud. episode 7 (FF 7) / blonde protagonist (cloud)/ bespin (CLOUD city)....

View attachment 170423

and since he "leaks" in riddles, "ruffled their feathers" might mean a banjo kazooie leak.

I do think the fact he guessed cloud means his sources are square related and im still thinking its a square rep despite the "feathers" comment, as that also fits with vergeben saying the square rep is very secretive.
I hope it's Banjo & Kazooie, but I'm biased, and looking back--there weren't any good Banjo & Kazooie leaks. My favorite of the leaks looks awesome, but mistook his whiskers as freckles (and misaligned some things) and also is more reinventive than the takes Ultimate has had, which is usually true to their original design. If Tansut's rumors are true, I'm leaning on Geno.

...but I want them both in. :upsidedown:

EDIT:
Flat, ugly unprofessional-looking render with unfitting expressions. (Sorry I couldn't find the expanded version that has Kazooie too)
That's actually my favorite one, outside of the qualms you mention. All the other ones are so expressionless and dull, whereas at least this one had emotion and looks awesome (again, despite the flaws)

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Okay, I'm bored again, so I'll give a task/challenge for imagination.

Try to give every playable character a team partner (can only have 1), but it has to make sense (characters should fit well together). Or just come up with just some if it's that hard.
:ultzss::ultpit:

Let's just say that Metroid/Kid Icarus being sibling franchises makes up part of why these two have ties to each other. I'm practically bad with names, so we can call em a Universal Myth... that came true... or Siblings from different dimensions (That actually sounds true to some degree). Sadly, this is the only one I can think about.

I guess we're that bored waiting, huh? Meanwhile, I can easily wait for a while, no problem-o.

As for the characters not shown on the site/blog thing yet, I'm still curious when it's Palutena's turn. It could mean we're getting closer to a shocking and uprising surprise.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Here’s an interesting hypothetical since we’re getting closer to spooky day.

If there was one character added to smash that would represent the horror games genre, who would it be and why?

I’d choose Six from Little Nightmares, as I feel they’d have a pretty good chance compared to other games, and she has a unique design I think would fit in with smash.
It's gotta be Jill Valentine. When I think horror game protagonists, that's where my mind goes.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Obviously Chris Redfield.
Like, there's not even anything close to him as far as "iconic horror protagonist" goes.

Well either him or Harry Mason/Pyramid Head, but I feel that both of those would be pretty hard sells for Nintendo.
I'd argue most of Chris' competition in that field are other RE protagonists. Jill and Leon in particular are about as iconic as Chris is, if not more so.

Though if I had to pick a horror-ish character, we already got Simon so Dante I guess? He kills Demons and doesn't afraid of anything. Not even his Oedipus Complex with Trish.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
Someone in the Geno thread said they remember seeing people on the 4chan thread say that the Geno image was also posted a few days before (the day the Banjo & Dixie were posted).

However, I can't confirm this as I can't find the thread on fireden, but to be fair, I can't even find the Banjo & Dixie thread that Geno was a part of :S (and tbh I don't wanna keep looking through 4chan crap...)

I do think the Geno render could be part of a menu screen if not his CSS render nor a reveal's splash screen, like how other characters have different renders in other menus already.
It was.

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/429940289/
Can't really tell if they're the same person of course, they post similarly though.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So, the characters left:

:ultyoshi::ultluigi::ultzelda::ultmewtwo::ultroy::ultgnw::ultzss::ultdiddy::ultlucas::ultolimar::ultrosalina::ultlittlemac::ultpalutena::ultpacman::ultrobin:ultbayonetta:

After tomorrow, we will have 7 weeks until launch. Assuming 3 characters every week, that's 5 empty slots for characters. But I'm also thinking we'll get some 2 characters weeks as well.
:ultmetaknight:

There is 36 blog entries left. Minus the known characters, there are 19 unknown entries left before launch.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
It honestly looks kinda off to me...
I'm pretty sure it's just a very well done fake...

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
The thing about that Banjo render is, despite Banjo looking...kinda eh?

Kazooie looks amazing, imo.
Yeah, Kazooie does look great in that render (if this is the one you're mentioning) whereas Banjo looks great in parts (outside of the misalignments), I do agree while he's had squabbles with Kazooie, he's never been "angry" per se. Also, I feel like if Sakurai does redo Banjo & Kazooie in HD, it would be more faithful to their designs rather than a reimagining.

NineS

Smash Lord
Okay, I'm bored again, so I'll give a task/challenge for imagination.

Try to give every playable character a team partner (can only have 1), but it has to make sense (characters should fit well together). Or just come up with just some if it's that hard.
:ultbowser::ultbowserjr: Self explanatory
:ultdiddy::ultdk: I don't need to say anything here, either.
:ultpikachu::ultpichu: Teacher and student
:ultsnake::ultfalcon: Grown muscular action men, both have guns and they can't use them.
:ultpokemontrainer::ultmewtwo: Strongest Pokemon Trainer and the Strongest Pokemon.
:ultcorrin::ultrobin White-haired dragon-shifting protagonists
:ultdoc::ultwiifittrainer: Not as healthy as you'd think
:ultfalco::ultfox: Self explanatory
:ulticeclimbers::ultduckhunt: Duo n' Trio, they could use pets.
:ultganondorf::ultdarksamus: Reborn Monstrocities
:ultbayonetta::ultsimon: Classy Witch meets Barbaric Witch Hunter
:ultcloud::ultsheik: Magic Wielding Identity Crisis-ed.
:ultgreninja::ultyoshi: Long-tongued pals.
:ultike::ultshulk: They fight for their friends
:ultmario::ultluigi: Self Explanatory
:ultinkling::ultsonic: Young, Fresh, speed devils.
:ultjigglypuff::ultpeach: Pink, floaty, and they'll lull you to sleep.
:ultkingdedede::ultwario: Not-so-evil greedy gluttons.
:ultkrool::ultridley: Too big to fail.
:ultkirby::ultpacman: Enemy-eating goofballs.
:ultlink::ultmarth: Chosen Heroes with holy swords and reborn enemies.
:ultlittlemac::ultryu: Tag Team Fighters
:ultlucario::ultrosalina: Calm and Collected
:ultlucas::ultness: Mother-bound Friendship
:ultlucina::ultyounglink: Holy Sword-Wielding Time Travelling Orphaned Future Masked Witnesses.
:ultmegaman::ultrob: Robots.
:ultmetaknight::ultdarkpit: Friend or Foe?
:ultmiifighters::ultgnw: Anonymous
:ultolimar::ultsamus: Space-faring Aliens
:ultpalutena::ultzelda: Holy Rulers
:ultpit::ultroy: Young and Friendly
:ultchrom::ultrichter: Holy Weapon-Wielding Friendly Figures
:ultvillager::ultisabelle: Boss & Secretary
:ultwolf::ultzss: Intergalactic Bounty Hunters

:ultdaisy: She made the wrong first impression...

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It was.

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/429940289/
Can't really tell if they're the same person of course, they post similarly though.
Oh, I meant that the Geno image was posted before that day.

I think I found the reply they were talking about, but dunno if it's true because, as I said, I couldn't find it nor that thread; thank you for the link:
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/429940289/#q429983082

...and of course it doesn't work as I expect; it's the third post from the bottom of the page.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Smash Game: Remove one, add another.

I'll start.

Remove: :ultdarkpit:

Add: Dillon

Extra points for controversial.
Remove: :ultcorrin:

Add: Andy

Shame on anyone who thought my answer would be any different! :mad:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I can't believe Mario's McFricking dead.
It makes me sad Mario doesn't use Cappy in his moveset or something and he doesn't have this as a costume because he would become our nintendo Axe user (besides Villager)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom