• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
It can't be tomorrow, I kept hearing from peoples that today would be the last day possible.
Not necessarily, It doesn't have to be exact...
Didn't one credible source say that we may get news on Friday?
Y'all give up way too easily...

Last edited:

SSB4Dojo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CommanderCanuck7
It can't be tomorrow, I kept hearing from peoples that today would be the last day possible.
It is pretty dead but I do believe in the past, the latest a nintendo direct was ever announced was 1PM EST for the next day. It has been a long time since they announced at that time but has been done before.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
View attachment 169090

The removal of deleted threads from notification lists really needs to be more thorough. I have three straight pages of nothing in my alerts, a fourth page of nothing further down, and several pages with substantially fewer than thirty alerts thanks to all the spam threads clogging it up. And just look at the number of alerts it's showing. Jeepers.
Woah, what thread got removed that caused you to have so many notifications empty?

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Since Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was announced, many theories have popped up to speculate on what newcomers could be joining the battle. You got your chair theories, you got your box theories, you got your Sakurai bias theories, you got your leak theories, you got your ballot theories, but the most touted one of all was the dreaded music theory.

The music theory put out a simple hypothesis: any series with a song listed on the site would not have a newcomer as the tracks would have to be put up after their trailer and hence characters without a trailer wouldn't get a track. Now you might be thinking: wait, they added a Metroid track before Dark Samus was confirmed as a echo fighter. Music theorists covered their tracks by stating that echoes were the lone exception to this rule, despite being listed like any other fighter on the site in everything but a unique number.

Yesterday, the site has posted a second Fire Emblem track known as Id - Purpose, finally killing the theory for good. After all, if a series can get multiple tracks now, what's to stop any series from getting another fighter? These tracks were never being held in reserve for newcomer trailers, it turns out. The whole point of the music theory has been utterly and completely shattered.

So, sayonara, music theory. We won't miss your presence in the speculation scene.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Yeah, mimique. But the guy's just an on-point speculator at best, with educated guesses. Take that as you will.
Oh, Mimique... Okay (Btw Mimique's a She)
Since Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was announced, many theories have popped up to speculate on what newcomers could be joining the battle. You got your chair theories, you got your box theories, you got your Sakurai bias theories, you got your leak theories, you got your ballot theories, but the most touted one of all was the dreaded music theory.

The music theory put out a simple hypothesis: any series with a song listed on the site would not have a newcomer as the tracks would have to be put up after their trailer and hence characters without a trailer wouldn't get a track. Now you might be thinking: wait, they added a Metroid track before Dark Samus was confirmed as a echo fighter. Music theorists covered their tracks by stating that echoes were the lone exception to this rule, despite being listed like any other fighter on the site in everything but a unique number.

Tonight, the site has posted a second Fire Emblem track known as Id - Purpose, finally killing the theory for good. After all, if a series can get multiple tracks now, what's to stop any series from getting another fighter? These tracks were never being held in reserve for newcomer trailers, it turns out. The whole point of the music theory has been utterly and completely shattered.

So, sayonara, music theory. We won't miss your presence in the speculation scene.
This would make a great copypasta
Woah, what thread got removed that caused you to have so many notifications empty?
A bunch of Spam bots posting in Korean about dating sites

Last edited:

Splotim

Smash Apprentice
Theory: the spam bots are foreshadowing a Nintendo direct about smash. It will have something to do with Ness and will be available on the e-shop after the presentation.
F2683DC3-704B-422F-AC8A-BC16C5B439F9.jpeg
please credit me in any videos you make about this theory.
Thank you

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Oh, Mimique... Okay (Btw Mimique's a She)

This would make a great copypasta

A bunch of Spam bots posting in Korean about dating sites
Oh lmao. Sounds like the site may need better captcha/bot stopping stuff.

Though in general, I think whatever forum software this place uses is bad with stopping spam bots. Another forum I sometimes go on uses a similar, if not the exact same, forum software, and has similar problems.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I saw "ACE" among the Korean text.

Bowser Jr. reworked to match his top-tier status in Mario Tennis Aces confirmed.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Meltan second form for Smash.
I'm considering it...

Its not ridiculous...

On an unrelated note its weird that people like the idea of a quadruped fire starter but never stop to consider that might be a terrible idea.

Weirdly I think the Starter trio was at its strongest in the 6th gen and everyone was a biped.

"Well Pakky you're just a furry"

That's a valid point fictional comment person, however, if the zodiac theory is true (it is its been 20 years) we're getting a rabbit, Ox, horse, or goat. And a flaming Minotaur and or just straight up blaphamet sounds a lot cooler than well a flaming ox or a a flaming goat.

This is all subjective but yeah I've been digging this multiplayer theming they've been doing with the starters.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
At this point I don't know what to think anymore. We will peobably get a Direct next week maybe? Tomorrow it's almost impossible at this point, but not completely impossible.

According to my personal "theory" about stages to be announced, a Smash Direct would have been likely during the second or third week of October, the second week is almost gone...

I think they will do a regular Direct in November because the Nintendo 64 mini is rumored to come out in december and they must announce it, they won't do the announcement during a Smash Direct. And since Directs are usually not too close each other, it's unlikely to get the Smash Direct in late october/early november, if a regular Direct has also to be made.

But we are already at half october, and nothing is announced yet, so at this point, I have no clue.
I think that if a Direct is not announced in the next 5/6 days, we won't get anything in october at all.
Yes, there is still some time, but the hopes are starting to fade already.

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
My guess is perhaps October 31 or November 7. Either talking about the bundle being on sale, or retroactively talking about the bundle now being out for purchase and showcase the remaining fighters

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You know, one thing I never quite understood.
Why was everyone talking about Daisy during E3? Daisy hasn't been in a game in ages!
All we ended up getting was Azalea in her updated design.
This lore goes way deeper than it needed to. When's the youtube conspiracy video?

Also, I'm kind of hoping Daisy gets an "Old-School" color swap. Replace the Yellow with Orange, and the Dark Orange with White, Swap the Green with Blue, add the tan skin and call it a day.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Mario is a hard fighter to have an echo, i get why Young Link, Toon Link, Pichu and Isabelle's not echo of there fighters which are Link, Pikachu and Villager cause of model proportions but Dr Mario, man aren't there proportions the same ?
Dr. Mario is the perfect echo for Mario, they're just being difficult about it. Because his jump/weight aren't the same or something like that.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Speaking of the possibility of an announcement for a Direct next week, are there any Smash Bros events, or events that may include Smash Bros this weekend that may have an announcement for the Direct?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Mario is a hard fighter to have an echo, i get why Young Link, Toon Link, Pichu and Isabelle's not echo of there fighters which are Link, Pikachu and Villager cause of model proportions but Dr Mario, man aren't there proportions the same ?
They probably don't want to upset the Melee purists

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Dr. Mario is the perfect echo for Mario, they're just being difficult about it. Because his jump/weight aren't the same or something like that.
Did we ever see if Doc got a new Final Smash? I wouldn't be surprised if it stayed the same, but with all the new cinematic supers, having one where he traps you in a Dr.Mario game or something but done really quickly could be fun.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Melee clones were not built on the same restrictions as echoes. That's one of the reasons why Roy can have an echo, for example.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
They'll never be happy unless it's exactly Melee. Not just Melee physics, but the same damage and knockback on everything. We've got a mechanic that's arguably better than wavedashing yet it's not good enough apparently
something something skill cap
something something finesse

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Music theory is dead, Box theory was DOA (imho) but could potentially come back from the grave as a zombie, Blog theory is on life support, and it looks like Playlist theory is on its way out.

Who would have thought so many scientifically rigorous theories with a convergence of high quality evidence and data would be completely demolished.

It's almost as if they're just hunches pulled out of our asses in the absence of actual information.

(not judging, I take part in the fun as well)

Tiltedssb

Smash Cadet
They made his moves send opposite ways. If echos existed in Melee, then he would have been. However, I think now that they have Chrom being that different from Roy, he still could be even with his new dair.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Music theory is dead, Box theory was DOA (imho) but could potentially come back from the grave as a zombie, Blog theory is on life support, and it looks like Playlist theory is on its way out.

Who would have thought so many scientifically rigorous theories with a convergence of high quality evidence and data would be completely demolished.

It's almost as if they're just hunches pulled out of our ***** in the absence of actual information.

~"One of these things is not like the others."~

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Dr. Mario was meant to be a costume for Mario in Smash 4 but they thought it wouldn't be good move to make since he had some differences in Melee so that's how he became a more individual fighter and he's a bit more different in Ultimate so he's far beyond development of his own caliber to be an echo.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I'm considering it...

Its not ridiculous...

On an unrelated note its weird that people like the idea of a quadruped fire starter but never stop to consider that might be a terrible idea.

Weirdly I think the Starter trio its was at its strongest in the 6th gen and everyone was a biped.

"Well Pakky you're just a furry"

That's a valid point fictional comment person, however, if the zodiac theory is true (it is its been 20 years) we're getting a rabbit, Ox, horse, or goat. And a flaming Minotaur and or just straight up blaphamet sounds a lot cooler than well a flaming ox or a a flaming goat.

This is all subjective but yeah I've been digging this multiplayer theming they've been doing with the starters.
I'd be down for another rabbit Pokémon. Anything speedy, and nimble always gets my vote.

Pakky

Smash Hero

It's almost as if they're just hunches pulled out of our ***** in the absence of actual information.

Blog theory sounds like a mathematical nonsense but that's just me.

Well maybe not absolute 'nonsense' but a very complicated way to reach a non-definite answer.

Which at that point I'm left with a headache and an empty stomach.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom