• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Judging by the repeated use of Calls, Assuming google translate didn't screw up too bad, I'd guess it's some sort of dating site, Hotel hoping not the adult-only kind, and something involving Call girls. Which, would fit with the "Adult-Only Hotels".
So they're trying to get Smashboards to smash?

Well, hope they're cleared up. It's getting absurd.

D

Deleted member

Korean spam? PSY confirmed.

Leaks with expiration times are the best as they can either be forgotten entirely or be wholly right instead of speculating for ages and ages.

Still waiting for that Gardevoir leak to finally die so my hope can stop clinging to it.
Gothitelle will never die.

In all seriousness, it NEVER had a shred of legitimacy. His story’s impossible, and anyone who’s ever datamined a Smash game can tell you that the supposed file setup is bogus. Yes, they could have changed it, but it’s highly unlikely.

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
Judging by the repeated use of Calls, Assuming google translate didn't screw up too bad, I'd guess it's some sort of dating site, Hotel hoping not the adult-only kind, and something involving Call girls. Which, would fit with the "Adult-Only Hotels".
Yep. I just noticed they're saying call girls, meetings, call girl shops, women who can go to where you are, and stuff like that.

I'm starting to think it's sth darker than just dating sites.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Hope that Smashboards got good tools
against that spam crap, I already saw one of my favourite websites rotten with this kind of bots. They were smarter each time.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
This happened on Squidboards too. That place is/was flooded with the same messages. I got confused at first and thought that place just had a large Korean userbase when I first saw it.
Does Squidboards use the same sort of... erm... site structure as Smashboards and Smogon's forums? Smogon gets a lot of the same sort of spam.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Can someone translate what the spambots are saying?
Guys I think this is a message from Sakurai! This is what I could translate:
"Fighter #69 is the highly requested Korean spambot! I can't wait to see all the fan reactions!"
This is a really interesting choice by Sakurai. A really bold move in my opinion.

NineS

Smash Lord
Yep. I just noticed they're saying call girls, meetings, call girl shops, women who can go to where you are, and stuff like that.

I'm starting to think it's sth darker than just dating sites.
Checked one of the sites IP addresses... The bots are supposedly speaking South Korean, but the sites they're leading to come from China.

Well, at least you don't have to ashamed about South Korean Online Culture anymore. i mean, you didn't have to in the first place, but i can relate
So... is this a Smashboards only problem, or is it happening to other sites?
It's happening to the Squidboards and a few others.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Checked one of the sites IP addresses... The bots are supposedly speaking South Korean, but the sites they're leading to come from China.

Well, at least you don't have to ashamed about South Korean Online Culture anymore. i mean, you didn't have to in the first place, but i can relate
From China? PSY disconfirmed. Looks like the next character is going to be Chairman Mao.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Does Squidboards use the same sort of... erm... site structure as Smashboards and Smogon's forums? Smogon gets a lot of the same sort of spam.
Yeah, Smash- and Squidboards both use the Xenforo system so it could be some kind of security vulnerability there. There's probably some sort of plugin to help combat it but I'm not familiar enough with Xenforo to know.

NineS

Smash Lord
So I'm assuming nothing was announced. Any chance of something happening tommorow?
Well, some reliable speculator says we should expect an announcement/something to be announced on Friday. It's also good to keep in mind they're just someone with a good track record at guessing, and nothing else.

So high hopes, and low expectations for me this week.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Guy's I know that there are spambots derailing the board and all, but maybe we shouldn't derail the thread too. Just report them to a mod and they will take care of it.

Anyway, guess we'll see if there will be any announcements for a Smash Direct if there is one tomorrow. Last time I recall it being announced about two or three hours from now but who knows I guess.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So I'm assuming nothing was announced. Any chance of something happening tommorow?
It's still early. Nintendo usually announces directs at 10 AM EST. There's still time,
If not today, then definitely tomorrow
I forget, how many days has it been since the playlist got updated?
About 8 or 9...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I still don't think we're getting an annoucement this week. It seems more and more likely that November is when we'll get a final annoucement.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Why y’all talking about spambots and all that hoo haa

Last edited:

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman
I get why people want Rabbids for Smash but Rabbid Cranky is honestly a hard one, he has flaws and pros but then he does look old, one thing that does pull him back a bit then should he be in ?

link2702

Smash Champion
It’s not the spam bots on the forums bugging me so much as it is the ads that pop up in new windows or tabs anytime you click one of your alerts, or topics.

It’s frustrating because they’re not avoidable since they activate on legitimate icons or topics on the site

NineS

Smash Lord
Their home stage is based on the hit game, Hong Kong 97. You thought Midgar was lacking in music? Enjoy one song.
We're also getting 7 Grand Dad as an echo fighter for Mario. Sakurai had a tough time doing it, but we finally get a Chinese Bootleg rep.
Why y’all talking about spambots and all that hoo haa
because we have a bunch of chinese spambots posting threads in south korean to adult hook-up sites.

D

Deleted member

We're also getting 7 Grand Dad as an echo fighter for Mario. Sakurai had a tough time doing it, but we finally get a Chinese Bootleg rep.

because we have a bunch of chinese spambots posting threads in south korean to adult hook-up sites.
Grand Dad? Damn, I was hoping for Fortran, but I guess if you want to represent bootlegs, go the whole 9 yards and put in a bootleg of a bootleg.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
2BFF8967-E02A-4C20-88DC-3D816D0697C5.png

The removal of deleted threads from notification lists really needs to be more thorough. I have three straight pages of nothing in my alerts, a fourth page of nothing further down, and several pages with substantially fewer than thirty alerts thanks to all the spam threads clogging it up. And just look at the number of alerts it's showing. Jeepers.

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman
Grand Dad? Damn, I was hoping for Fortran, but I guess if you want to represent bootlegs, go the whole 9 yards and put in a bootleg of a bootleg.
Mario is a hard fighter to have an echo, i get why Young Link, Toon Link, Pichu and Isabelle's not echo of there fighters which are Link, Pikachu and Villager cause of model proportions but Dr Mario, man aren't there proportions the same ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom