• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
osby is free to express that opinion, just don't be surprised if you get some flack for it since they did say something negative towards a group of fans.
It's not that serious either

I doubt they get to pick which remixes get put on the site. Sakurai also said Mega Man was popular among the composers

K.Roo thread called themselves K.Rool's Kremling Kutthroats so that's why people saw KKK and if you can't see how that's unfortunate, especially considering Charlottesville and ****, then you're not too bright tbh
Nothing like a good cup of gwen sass in the morning tbh

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
With only 8 series left I was liking the increasing odds of seeing a Star Fox track. Now every series and their grandma is back in the running.

GRUMBLE GRUMBLE
As much as it hurts to say, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Star Fox didn't receive and new remixes. If the seventeen tracks from Ultimate are all the series will get, that means likely only two or three new tracks, assuming all previous series tracks return. And Star Fox music tends to already be pretty fitting for Smash, so they may not have felt the need to remix any. Or cared to.

Wouldn't be surprised if Pokemon, Mario, or Zelda get a second track shown off soon. Nor would I be surprised if Fire Emblem gets a third shown off by the end, due to how many remixes it's getting.

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
Quick question. I know we all have characters that we have all come into terms with that probably won't be in Smash.
What's the most out-there or questionable character you would want in Smash as a Character? I mean, just crazy or unlikely characters. Like any Sony-owned characters

Big Little Nightmares fan here, but I know Six would never get into Smash. I cry myself to sleep every night thinking about this.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
New theory. The Word theory. Every word Sakurai says will become a fighter in smash. So far the confirmed fighters are Hi, Welcome, To, The and more!

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
As the saying goes, winners are grinners, losers can please themselves.
Jesus, I thought I was cheeky and cocky for Getting Roy, Chrom, Cloud. But that level of condescendance IS sadly sick to see.

Don't show a bad image of your fanbase who already wasn't glory during the DLC ballot. And managed to be nice again for Ultimate.

osby

Smash Obsessed
New theory. The Word theory. Every word Sakurai says will become a fighter in smash. So far the confirmed fighters are Hi, Welcome, To, The and more!
The sad thing is, it's not the worst theory we've discussed.

D

Deleted member

With only 8 series left I was liking the increasing odds of seeing a Star Fox track. Now every series and their grandma is back in the running.

GRUMBLE GRUMBLE
This. This is what I'm currently upset about and honestly why my hype for this game has deflated a looot. Tuesdays I always look forward to see if a franchise will get it's due after Smash 4, unfortunately now everything is just off the table.

Now I understand why people felt out of the know about the Online Service back then. If this really is the "Ultimate Smash Bros" then I better see franchises like Xenoblade, Sonic, Punch-Out and Star Fox get their due.

Last edited by a moderator:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I mean, aside from echoes, newcomers we got until now wasn't that weird... maybe except K.Rool.

I still don't think ballot is going to be make characters like Geno suddenly rational choises.
There is really no "weird" newcomer characters as every character makes perfect sense, particularly since the one trend we've seen with newcomers for this game is fanservice. There is simply no :icsmelee: or :ultwiifittrainer:-type newcomer.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Jesus, I thought I was cheeky and cocky for Getting Roy, Chrom, Cloud. But that level of condescendance IS sadly sick to see.

Don't show a bad image of your fanbase who already wasn't glory during the DLC ballot. And managed to be nice again for Ultimate.
Hey, don't tell him he's condescending for admitting he's a loser for pleasing himself

There is really no "weird" newcomer characters as every character makes perfect sense, particularly since the one trend we've seen with newcomers for this game is fanservice. There is simply no :icsmelee: or :ultwiifittrainer:-type newcomer.
I'd expect the unexpected to be honest, despite the box theory.

Hey, don't tell him he's condescending for admitting he's a loser for pleasing himself
Pot, meet kettle.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, but being fanservice doesn't make you logical. Heck, I'd argue Wii Fit Trainer makes more sense than Geno and that comes from a guy that would like to see Geno in.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Well if they really are going for a health and fitness theme this week, why didn't we get a perfectly-timed Body Rock remix
That'll be saved for Jimmy T's confirmation this week. After all, when he has themed microgames, they're based on sports and fitness.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Pot, meet kettle.
I'm not a loser because I wasn't 100% certain K.Rool would make it, nor am I a loser because I didn't cry at Corrin and Bayonetta's reveals. I ESPECIALLY didn't feel like a loser seeing the goofiest grin on one of my best friend's face when we saw the direct together and he got who he voted for in the ballot. Especially as he's an actual DKC fan and wants Dixie more than anything now

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
If you’re offended because a complete stranger on the internet expressed their opinion, you might as well leave because it’s gonna all be downhill from here.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
Pot, meet kettle.
I'm not a loser because I wasn't 100% certain K.Rool would make it, nor am I a loser because I didn't cry at Corrin and Bayonetta's reveals. I ESPECIALLY didn't feel like a loser seeing the goofiest grin on one of my best friend's face when we saw the direct together and he got who he voted for in the ballot. Especially as he's an actual DKC fan and wants Dixie more than anything now
Can we honestly stop talking about this? It's not even time for a direct yet, and we already have salt on both ends. It's nice to have debates, but arguing over minor things like that, regardless of the side you're on... It's kind of petty. Let's all just move on or take it somewhere else.

If we're going to argue about something, it's better to argue about something along the lines of whether or not Sora is going to make it in, or whether or not the potato theory is accurate. Or who the heck Jazz is or is related to Jazz that will make it into Smash?

osby

Smash Obsessed
I guess Toon Zelda is confirmed now. After all, she is the true ballot winner. :troll:
I know three people who wants Toon Zelda so if she's not playable, it means Sakurai hates us and Zelda fan as a whole and put every clone in spite of us. Sorry, this is an objective fact.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
If we're going to argue about something, it's better to argue about something along the lines of whether or not Sora is going to make it in, or whether or not the potato theory is accurate
Sora Is seriously going to be Ridey with "He's too big" being "He's Disney"

Geno will becomes K.Rool with "Muh Irelevant"

We will get none and throw **** at each other :bobomb:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Can we honestly stop talking about this? It's not even time for a direct yet, and we already have salt on both ends. It's nice to have debates, but arguing over minor things like that, regardless of the side you're on... It's kind of petty. Let's all just move on or take it somewhere else.

If we're going to argue about something, it's better to argue about something along the lines of whether or not Sora is going to make it in, or whether or not the potato theory is accurate. Or who the heck Jazz is or is related to Jazz that will make it into Smash?
I mean, I'm just having a good time but either way there will always be salt. Can you imagine that there are people who think getting EVERYONE back wasn't exciting?

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Alright, on the topic of series 'doubling up' on the blog music-wise, I'd want:
Mario - The Ultimate Show, Super Paper Mario (though any PM would be welcome)
Yoshi - Vs. Bowser, Yoshi's Island
Donkey Kong- Wing Ding, Tropical Freeze (though it'd also be good to hear that Bonus Room Blitz remake in its entirety)
Zelda - Clock Town, Majora's Mask (for the Skull Kid reveal that's coming any day now ... j-j-just you wait...)
Splatoon - Nasty Majesty (though Octo Expansion probably came out a bit too late to get remixes, sadly)
Pokemon - Vs. Red/Lance, Pokemon Gold/Silver
Pikmin - Plasm Wraith, Pikmin 3
Animal Crossing - Hypno KK, New Leaf

There are some other series too, like Kirby and Metroid, but I don't follow them so don't have any opinions on what would make a good remix. As Street Fighter and Castlevania are getting a whole load of remixes, we could see them doubling-up too.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master

Lets talk about goemon.

His chances are good and he is awesome. A perfect addition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom