• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So now we can have multiple tracks from the same series, what songs had you previously lost hope for do you wanna hear?

I'm hoping for some music from the Modern Kirby series.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
With only 8 series left I was liking the increasing odds of seeing a Star Fox track. Now every series and their grandma is back in the running.

GRUMBLE GRUMBLE

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm gonna make a wild prediction for how this month's speculation will play out.

For the next few days, people will be claiming the music theory is dead. Then, sometime this week or next, we'll get a newcomer from a franchise that hasn't gotten a remix on the site yet. People will then get into heated arguments about whether or not the Music Theory is truly dead.

Meanwhile, box theorists and their opposers will go back and forth on whether or not Ken is the final newcomer, while Geno supporters will be biting their nails because Verge promised a SE character and their favorite wooden puppet still hasn't been revealed.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Considering the Boxing Ring is counted as a Punch Out!! stage, and that it's the series only stage, it's weird to me that you have to hold L to get the Punch Out!! design.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Wow, just when I thought I couldn't care about K.Rool fans less...

No, really, these are kinda tacky.

Been gone for a while, what's new?
Nothing groundbreaking, just the usual to and fro about the "box theory" and the new music that has been showcased. Phil Spencer is in Japan though but that most likely does not mean much. We wait with bated breath....

That's nice, dear.

All a bit of fun, don't take things too seriously now...

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord

What makes it better is the only time I saw the KKK thing, K.Rool fans were using that to refer to themselves.

But yeah, these memes are something a 50-year-old would come up with.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
What makes it better is the only time I saw the KKK thing, K.Rool fans were using that to refer to themselves.

Makes sense. K. Rool has been inactive for so long, he's lost touch with modern memes. He'll need to take lessons from the most modern newcomers.

Fittingly, that would be the Inklings.

Wading into potentially dangerous territory here, but from memory it was actually a couple of random posters coming in to the K.Rool thread stirring trouble and implying that KKK thing, then attempting to make incredibly poor comparisons with K.Rool fans to a certain hate group, not the other way round. I imagine that is a part of the reference.

Anyways, all irrelevant now, which thankfully K.Rool is not anymore! :)

Yes they are cheesy but I can appreciate them for what they are, silly self depreciating jabs.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
Wading into potentially dangerous territory here, but from memory it was actually a couple of random posters coming in to the K.Rool thread stirring trouble and implying that, then comparing K.Rool fans to a certain hate group, not the other way round.
Hence whre the reference comes from.

Anyways, all irrelevant now, which thankfully K.Rool is not anymore! :)

Yes they are cheesy but I can appreciate them for what they are, silly self depreciating jabs.
Going by K. Rool's initials, shouldn't it have been the "KKR" instead of said hate group?
It doesn't make much sense to me as an insult, but maybe I'm just overthinking it.

Perfect opportunity to call yourselves the Kremlin K. Rew.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I will say, aside from the music, it IS kinda funny how so far, every post this week has a very loose theme to health and sports.

Wii Fit
Dr.Mario

and now the boxing Ring.

I don't think it means anything, but they really are hyping up this Health and Fitness day, huh?

Granted, I can't imagine it'll continue past today since, well there aren't any new items/Pokemon/Assists/veterans who fit the bill.

Unless Little Mac hasn't been seen yet.
Little Mac has NOT been seen yet...
Yeah, if Little Mac gets revealed next that'll just be too coincidental.

Ladies and Gentlemen.....
The Health and Fitness theory is born.
Hmmm I assumed my conspiracy theory around health and fitness day was killed by the unrelated music track.

I will literally scream if Sakurai ties in a newcomer to health and fitness lol.

NineS

Smash Lord
Hmmm I assumed my conspiracy theory around health and fitness day was killed by the unrelated music track.

I will literally scream if Sakurai ties in a newcomer to health and fitness lol.
Well, every Fire Emblem character we have uses swords. And Swordfighting is technically still a sport. . . More of an older, lesser known sport, but it's still considered a sport in some places.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Well if they really are going for a health and fitness theme this week, why didn't we get a perfectly-timed Body Rock remix :mad: (though kudos to FE for killing off the Music Theory).

Still, while the prospect of tracks (and maybe fighters...) from series that have already been repped musically is exciting, I have a feeling that Fire Emblem is one of the few series that might get this treatment. Didn't Sakurai say we're getting loads of remixes from that series as one of the composers is a massive FEaboo? Gonna hold out hope for some more Paper Mario remixes though...

NineS

Smash Lord
150 alerts this morning, and my alerts page is broken. Oh, boy, my inbox is going to be a freaking mess... :hulk:
Well, I was going to suggest that you don't pay attention to any alerts that happened too long ago, but then I realized in the middle of typing this that it would be counterproductive... Good luck with your Inbox.

So. How's everyone's day going? And what are our expectations on a direct announcement for today?

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Quick question. I know we all have characters that we have all come into terms with that probably won't be in Smash.
What's the most out-there or questionable character you would want in Smash as a Character? I mean, just crazy or unlikely characters. Like any Sony-owned characters
If I had to narrow it down to just a single character, then Mega Man X. I'm already happy with Mega Man, but if we somehow got both, That'd be the craziest **** ever. One of my favorite characters, from some of the best games I've ever played, AND he's got a ton of moves to pull from without using too much that's similar to OG Mega Man.

X1armor.jpg

Bonus points if he gets to wear any of his armors (especially the Light Armor from X1 or the Command Mission suit) as a potential Alt costume.

I could ramble on more, but like I said a few times before, if there's another ballot, I'm voting for him because I already every reasonable character I wanted barring Isaac.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So now we can have multiple tracks from the same series, what songs had you previously lost hope for do you wanna hear?

I'm hoping for some music from the Modern Kirby series.
I think if there's more remixes from a single series, I'd probably want to listen to (including ones we may have heard brief samples of during gameplay footage):
Termina Field - Majora's Mask
Out of Time - Castlevania
Guile's Theme (Which is a must-have for this game if you ask me)
Opening Stage - Mega Man X
Battle! Team Skull Boss Guzma
Vs. Bowser - Yoshi's Island
Tide Goes Out - Splatoon
Bonus Room Blitz/Simian Segue - Donkey Kong.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Memes, hate groups... Heh, probably you missed the cereal mascot dressed as a pink Hitler promoting memes the past week in Spain. People fails a lot with that crap.
Anyway, what a good morning, din dong music theory is dead. Again. Who's next?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I wouldn't trust LeakyPandy, but I would trust John (Spawn Wave)'s sources. Here's a list of what I can provide to why I think we're gonna get Smash news at The Game Awards.
  • He knew about Google's gaming prospects with Project Steam
  • He knew about New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe coming before people like Liam Robertson found about it
  • He also knew about Nintendo's fall line-up with stuff like Civilization VI, Diablo III and so on
  • One of the few people that gave solid confirmation of the original September Nintendo Direct date before it was delayed
He's been getting some crazy good sources, so if anything, he's really the only person that has actual cred on his waist that you could really listen to when it comes to what we might get.
Me too I think that. Beside with Nintendo ever growing presence at the Event each years it can makes sense. And by crossing both him and """"Leakypandy"""" I decided to see what game series would be eligible for a character DLC announcement. I decided to check for Square-Enix since they're supposedly the one with the higher DLC chance right now.
And while we don't know the nominee yet. There two/Three games that Square-Enix can eligible to get nominated:
- Octopath Traveler/ Dragon Quest XI for best RPG
- Kingdom Heart III for most anticipated game of 2019

So if the Square-Enix rumor and Smash rumor are all true, it might point to one of those game "winning" and showing their Smash DLC

NineS

Smash Lord
Memes, hate groups... Heh, probably you missed the cereal mascot dressed as a pink Hitler promoting memes the past week in Spain. People fails a lot with that crap.
Anyway, what a good morning, din dong music theory is dead. Again. Who's next?
Hoping we get the box theory deconfirmed next, but assuming we get either Ken or Incineroar next, that probably won't happen. Well, unless we get someone entirely unexpected, or Isaac, Skull Kid, etc.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Hoping we get the box theory deconfirmed next, but assuming we get either Ken or Incineroar next, that probably won't happen. Well, unless we get someone entirely unexpected, or Isaac, Skull Kid, etc.
Box theory don't put names on the board, just one more unique and an echo between Palutena and Cloud. There's several ways to kill it but according to the best leaks, Ken & Incineroar are the chosen ones. At least is just a matter of time, around a month to see what happens. And, well, if it's true only means the end of the road for the base game.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
But I didn't. I just said I don't care about that particular fanbase and found those pictures tacky.
As a K.Rool fan, I couldn't help but take some offence to your comment. I hate when people label a fanbase as bad because of the actions of some.

Even then, they were cheesy memes at best.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Box theory don't put names on the board, just one more unique and an echo between Palutena and Cloud. There's several ways to kill it but according to the best leaks, Ken & Incineroar are the chosen ones. At least is just a matter of time, around a month to see what happens. And, well, if it's true only means the end of the road for the base game.
Because of the placement, Ken is the only rumored character who the Box Theory specifically supports. Incineroar was just randomly chosen by the fanbase to be the last newcomer on the box.

Just something I wanted to point out. If we're going by Verge, it could also be a SE character or Steve.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
As a K.Rool fan, I couldn't help but take some offence to your comment. I hate when people label a fanbase as bad because of the actions of some.
But he/she never said anything bad yo. Just said that don't care about that fanbase and found that picture tacky.

Not defending it but if you can't express an opinion and get hurt when someone have another different than you, especially since it wasn't targeted at you... Idfk what to do for you then dude

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
But he/she never said anything bad yo. Just said that don't care about that fanbase and found that picture tacky.

Not defending it but if you can't express an opinion and get hurt when someone have another different than you, especially since it wasn't targeted at you... Idfk what to do for you then dude
While you're right about people taking it a step too far by getting genuinely offended by a general comment,

Idfk what to do for you then dude
Nobody has to do anything for anybody here.
Lmfao

Anyway, this is straying from the topic so let's go back to whatever y'all were talking about before.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I thought the composers choose the musics.
I doubt they get to pick which remixes get put on the site. Sakurai also said Mega Man was popular among the composers
Going by K. Rool's initials, shouldn't it have been the "KKR" instead of said hate group?
It doesn't make much sense to me as an insult, but maybe I'm just overthinking it.

Perfect opportunity to call yourselves the Kremlin K. Rew.
K.Roo thread called themselves K.Rool's Kremling Kutthroats so that's why people saw KKK and if you can't see how that's unfortunate, especially considering Charlottesville and ****, then you're not too bright tbh

osby is free to express that opinion, just don't be surprised if you get some flack for it since they did say something negative towards a group of fans.

While you're right about people taking it a step too far by getting genuinely offended by a general comment,
Maybe saying offended was the wrong word. Annoyed maybe?

But yeeeeeeaah let's just move on. lol.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
K.Roo thread called themselves K.Rool's Kremling Kutthroats so that's why people saw KKK and if you can't see how that's unfortunate, especially considering Charlottesville and ****, then you're not too bright tbh
That actually explains why they were called the KKK then. To be honest, I was oblivious to what K. Rool supporters called themselves. Didn't follow them much last speculation era, or the one leading up to DLC, but I was pretty happy to see him finally get in. His trailer hyped me up enough to the point I think I might try maining him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom