• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Okay, but we also get music every week and only had to wait 6 months as opposed to a year and a half.

Seriously, y'all need patience.
Thing is I was fine during smash 4 speculation. Something about this cycle is just getting to me. Maybe it's just that music once a week isn't tiding me over as much as pic of the day.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
THIS IS THE BEST SMASH LEAK TUBER VIDEO IVE SEEN LMFAOOOO!!

The language is strong tho, but did in fact have me laughing.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Okay, but we also get music every week and only had to wait 6 months as opposed to a year and a half.

Seriously, y'all need patience.
I mean in all fairness he has a point that things do seem to drought faster here due to the lack of new information the blog provides.

I agree patience is a virtue but at the same time I think this perspective of his is valid regardless.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Since we're talking about waiting for Ultimate news, I decided to throw together this meme. pls no stealerino
come on do something ultimate.png

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Thing is I was fine during smash 4 speculation. Something about this cycle is just getting to me. Maybe it's just that music once a week isn't tiding me over as much as pic of the day.
I mean, POTD barely ever covered anyhting new either. Maybe like, 2 posts a week at most would give us some semblance of new info. Ultimate doesn't have that luxury since... Well we already know about so much right off the bat.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
With that logic, it will happen eventually
That is, unless the world ends...
I´m astonished as well. I´ve learned quite a bit about how smash forums operate, i´ve never been in a forum so i didn´t know how **** worked. Must say the experience so far have been sorta...surprising.

People cling to anything, literally:

"Tomorrow is the day sakurai´s wife will reveal her new robot"
-Omg we might get a chibi robot announcement!.
"Well they didnt announce everything, maybe in 13.34hrs we will get a new announcement since is the anniversary of reggies uncle!
-Uhm...yes!! Incoming announcement!
"Well it didnt happen, this weekend animeCon is coming, i bet there will be a smash announcement for sure!!
-Dude just...yeah maybe

And the cycle keeps going, by that logic something will happen. I legit can´t understand the logic in this place hehe.

Last edited:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
New tweet about the punch-out stage

Imagine my heart rate when I saw "smash ultimate" in the notification. ayyyyyy

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
Guys tomorrow is Sakurai's creepy uncle's birthday, we're definitely getting an announcement tomorrow as celebration.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I´m astonished as well. I´ve learned quite a bit about how smash forums operate, i´ve never been in a forum so i didn´t know how **** worked. Must say the experience so far have been sorta...surprising.

"Well they didnt announce everything, maybe in 13.34hrs we will get a new announcement since is the anniversay of reggies uncle!
"Well it didnt happen, this weekend animeCon is coming, i bet there will be a smash announcement for sure!!
-Dude just...yeah maybe

And the cycle keeps going, by that logic something will happen. I legit can´t understand the logic in this place hehe.
Yeah. Some Smash fans will just cling to whatever they find credible.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Man. This thread really devolves when there's nothing to talk about, huh.

Should I bring up the box again? Liven things up? :estatic:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Man. This thread really devolves when there's nothing to talk about, huh.

Should I bring up the box again? Liven things up? :estatic:
I mean, if you do that, it'll just devolve into this instead.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
What the hell is up with all the spamming lately? Especially today seems pretty bad.
Yeah, mornings like this make me not miss being an admin on AllisBrawl at all.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
What the hell is up with all the spamming lately? Especially today seems pretty bad.
Essentially, Korean spam bots are spamming links to Korean dating websites that contain malware. The mods are currently working on removing them. I also suggest banning the spam bots.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace

"Well they didnt announce everything, maybe in 13.34hrs we will get a new announcement since is the anniversay of reggies uncle!
-Dude just...yeah maybe

it's pure desperation at this point. I know that nothing is going to happen at any of those and yet I have a scintilla of hope that *maybe* something *might*. Like at Big House, I was not expecting an announcement but was holding out hope there could be one.

At this point I'm just resigned to the fact we'll get one at the last possible moment when this site is going to be at maximum frenzy and despair. :estatic:

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Well not just that Korean spam, but also several folks making new accounts to post 'leaks', and whatnot.

It just seems to be more than usual, from what I see. I mean I'm not worried, but it is a little annoying. :p

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Oh, you're talking about the Korean spam, huh?
Don't worry the mods will take Care of it...
Yeah, mornings like this make me not miss being an admin on AllisBrawl at all.
Essentially, Korean spam bots are spamming links to Korean dating websites that contain malware. The mods are currently working on removing them. I also suggest banning the spam bots.
Is there some way we can temporarily disable account creation or thread creation? Or better yet, backtrace the computer(s) churning out the spam and stop them from creating accounts or threads? Or better still, make those computers completely nonfunctional? Or better still, make them explode in a massive fireball that kills the asshole(s) running the spam and burns down the building they’re in?

Goddamn, this spam is driving me nuts!!!!!!

(And, yes, the spammers are being banned — they're just making new accounts and continuing to churn the spam out. Hence, my suggestion to temporarily disable account creation entirely. (Gah, my phone is constantly buzzing with new e-mails... my inbox is being flooded here!!!))

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Well not just that Korean spam, but also several folks making new accounts to post 'leaks', and whatnot.

It just seems to be more than usual, from what I see. I mean I'm not worried, but it is a little annoying. :p
Oh yeah, that too. That's one of the main reasons that the leak discussion thread was shut down
That thread didn't even last a week lol

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I mean, POTD barely ever covered anyhting new either. Maybe like, 2 posts a week at most would give us some semblance of new info. Ultimate doesn't have that luxury since... Well we already know about so much right off the bat.
POTD had tons of stuff. Sometimes it was showing movesets changes or moves for newcomers, sometimes it was assist trophies, items, or pokeballs, sometimes new or returning stages or veterans. There was stuff that felt like actual news every week. Every day there was some kind of snipit to look forward to. Plus we never knew when something big like a veteran would drop and then we had lots of new stuff to look at on the site. Now it doesn't feel like that at all. Everything is confirmed in big chunks every other month or so, so the wait between them feels longer than it did for smash 4. Also whether or not it makes sense to you I feel the way I feel. And the way I feel is that this cycle feels harder to wait during than the last one. You're free to feel differently but you're not going to convince me that I feel wrong.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I mean, if you do that, it'll just devolve into this instead.

Lets not tempt everyone. Although i think we been so starved for info that the most of us gone insane, then came out the other side as sane so such theories would not even be considered.

I imagine someone is about to prove me wrong...

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Who can we blame for this information drought? It can only be the drought man himself:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So I noticed something odd about the box art this morning. (No. Not that box.)

Inkling is the only newcomer on it.

Melee had Zelda, Peach, Bowser and Ice Climbers. (4)
Brawl had Pit, Wario and Pokemon Trainer. (3)
Smash for Wii U had Villager and Wii Fit Trainer. (2)
Ultimate has Inkling. (1)

If this trend continues, Smash 6 will have no newcomers on the box.

EDIT:

Oh damn. I forgot Metaknight. How could I forget Brawl's Metaknight?

Accounting for him and the 3DS boxart for Smash 4, it actually goes:

Melee (4) Brawl (4) Wii U/3DS (4) Ultimate (1)

That's even worse!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

On the bright side, even if things are super quiet now, they won't be for too much longer. I really do think at most we only have 3 or 4 more weeks to go before this pre-release speculation is over.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
The video Nintendo just released for the new games coming to Switch Online has more dislikes than likes. Ouch. I guess this is what happens when you suddenly paywall all of your online and tack on a bunch of stuff barely any of your consumer base actually wants.

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman

Actually its:

Melee: Peach, Ice Climbers, Marth (3)
Brawl: Pit, Pokemon Trainer, Toon Link (3)
Wii U/3DS: Villager (1)
and of course Ultimate: Inkling (1)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Because Smash 6 will reduce the cast down from what we have in this game and not add anyone. :)

NapoleonDos

Smash Cadet
At the very least, long droughts like these make you appreciate the new info even more.

Just trying to put a positive spin on things.
We have not had any droughts this Smash cycle. We get an absurd amount of information overload almost every month, with Isabelle being a small exception. Of this community truly cannot go a month without getting a newcomer, I don't qualify it as a drought, I would call our community ungrateful.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Well reception is mixed on these and work is boring, so...

:ultgnw::Beep

:ultpacman::Old friend its 3:00AM what is it?

:ultgnw::Ring!

:ultpacman::What about the Tiger, friend?

:ultgnw::Ring!

:ultpacman::I mean if you want tickets to Incenamanina you can buy them online.

:ultgnw::Beep

:ultpacman::What do you mean you hit your computer with a Hammer.

:ultgnw::RING!

:ultpacman::Okay, okay we'll do it tomorrow.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The video Nintendo just released for the new games coming to Switch Online has more dislikes than likes. Ouch. I guess this is what happens when you suddenly paywall all of your online and tack on a bunch of stuff barely any of your consumer base actually wants.
I mean, I can't blame Nintendo for wanting to charge for their online services. It's easy money, and everyone else is doing it, so why not them?

It's not even a month old, so instead of complaining about it being the worst thing in existence, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and say it'll get better over time. If not, then at least the price is fair.

D

Deleted member

The ironic thing about that is that it's seemingly doing alright for itself. Most of the online communities are still going strong despite worries the service would kill games, and articles are coming out about how prepaid cards in Japan are actually selling pretty well. I wouldn't expect this to mean Nintendo will change anything, as so far, people seem fine with paying.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Actually its:

...are we looking at different international boxes?

LoboRundas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoboRundas
3DS FC
4098-3496-0921
Switch FC
SW 6696 1795 2392
Actually its:

Go and check the boxart again, Melee featured Bowser, and Zelda in one of the little boxes.

Also:
Smash 3DS featured two (Rosalina and Little Mac) and Smash WiiU two as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom