• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Been ages since I played 64

But she was replaced by Togepi, somewhat. Conceptually at least.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So if you had to add one newcomer from your favorite series, who would be?
For me,
:ultlink:: Skull Kid
:ultsamus:: Sylux
:ultshulk:: Rex and Pyra
:ultmegaman:: Zero
:ultsimon:: Alcuard
:ultfalcon: - Black Shadow
:ultkirby: - Bandana Waddle Dee
:ultmarth: - Celica
:ultshulk: - ELMA <3 Fiora's also an option, or R&P

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
For me,
:ultlink:: I guess Impa (Sheikah)
:ultsonic:: Honestly, Tails, Shadow or Silver will do.
:ultpikachu:: Gallade or Haxorus
:ultmarth:: Leif (or anybody :troll:)
:ultmegaman:: Bass and Zero are both in, so I guess Roll.
:ultfox:: James McCloud (not F-Zero)
:ultkirby:: Bandana Dee or Daroach (or Galacta Knight)
:ultcloud:: Sephiroth, Vincent, Tifa or Black Mage
:ultryu:: Ken (of course)
:ultsamus:: Sylux (why not?)

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
For me,
:ultpikachu:: Victini
: Rhythm Girl (You never specified that they had to be in Smash already, So this might be cheating. I don't care.)
:ultmario:: Captain Toad
:ultmegaman:: Roll (MvC Megaman Clone Roll)
:ultlink:: Mipha
:ultkirby:: Bandanna Waddle Dee

Last edited:

Arcad5

Smash Cadet
:ultlink: Skull Kid
:ultmario: Paper Mario if you're counting spinoffs
:ultvillager: Tom Nook, he's coming for your money
:ultsnake: Either Big Boss or Raiden, I just want more MGS representation in general

Edit: :ultsonic: Shadow or Tails

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Something I just thought about.

I have been seeing people say, "Trophies are probably not coming back. They haven't shown a single one". Like, as in the collectible trophies. Well, I mean, doesn't that basically defeat the purpose of Assists being Assist TROPHIES then?

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Let's play a game.

What will Smash characters dress as this Halloween?
So now I'm imagining a Halloween Party, with Master Hand being the host (he wanted to dress up as the Infinity Gauntlet, but it was too expensive so he had to make do with getting Crazy Hand to write "infinity gauntlet" on the back of him with a Sharpie).

:ultinkling:s running around the place in various "costumes" (it's just the gear they wear for Turf Wars, but nobody realizes that), ignoring the candy and instead raiding the refrigerator of every non-alcoholic beverage that isn't nailed down. :ultkingdedede:, :ultlittlemac:, :ultroy:, and :ultwiifittrainer: aren't wearing costumes, but they're at the party anyway, chatting with eachother at the snack bar because they were too nervous to turn down the invite. :ultbayonetta: is busy making sure demons are handing out candy to kids as usual and not AK-47s or something like that unfortunate incident two years ago. :ultdk:, :ultduckhunt:, :ultgreninja:, :ultlucario:, :ultryu:, :ultken:,:ultchrom: and :ultyoshi: and a few others are also not attending the party for whatever reason (:ultryu: and :ultken: go to the Halloween Party the Street Fighter cast throws every year instead), although they were invited. :ultolimar: has been banned from the Smash Bros Halloween Party because he always goes as something obscenely racist. :ultridley: wasn't invited for fear of him eating one of the kids and/or getting into a fist-fight with :ultsamus:.

:ultmario::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultwario: as a goofy 80's rock band. :ultwario: occasionally joins :ultkingdedede::ultlittlemac::ultroy::ultwiifittrainer: in their conversations, but for the most part is concerned with trying to remember which rock band he and the others were supposed to be parodying. :ultmario: and :ultpeach: are busy chatting with :ultvillager:, :ultisabelle:, and Master Hand about potential newcomers, and :ultbowser: is on the phone, in a heated argument with Shigeru Miyamoto.
:ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf: as various topical political figures, much to almost everyone else's chagrin, but :ultsnake: especially. Spend most of their time harassing :ultfalcon: until they are forcibly removed from the premises by a very unhappy Master Hand for their loud, obnoxious behavior.
:ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf: as various historical figures (Charles Moulton, Susan B. Anthony and Rasputin, respectively), much to :ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:'s chagrin. Link is watching :ultzelda: play Mario Kart with :ultbowserjr::ultpit::ultdarkpit:, and :ultganondorf: is busy getting drunk with :ultike: and :ultsimon:.
:ultluigi::ultdaisy: as ghosts. They spend most of the party hoping nobody recognizes what Daisy's costume is actually referencing.
:ultvillager::ultisabelle: as construction workers. Chatting with :ultmario:, :ultpeach:, and Master Hand about potential newcomers.
:ultpikachu::ultpichu: as the "never talk to me or my son again" meme. :ultpikachu: is curled up on Samus' lap, while :ultpichu: has buried themselves in the Halloween cake :ultpeach: brought over.
:ultpit::ultdarkpit: as police officers. Are stationed at the couch, playing Mario Kart with :ultbowserjr: and :ultzelda:.
:ultbowserjr: as a Wizard. Playing Mario Kart with :ultpit:, :ultdarkpit:, and :ultzelda:.
:ultfalcon: as a Barbaque Party Host. He's just happy it's an outdoor party so he can spend the whole time grilling burgers and hot dogs and secretly crossing his fingers for a new F-zero game.
:ultcloud: crossdressing because this is the only time of the year he doesn't have to hear anyone *****ing and moaning about it. Falls asleep halfway through the party (not even drunk, just tired), and has to be picked up by Tifa.
:ultcorrin: and Camilla as slice-of-life anime characters. :ultcorrin: goes dead silent whenever anyone asks which anime characters they're supposed to be, and Camilla just smiles and wiggles her eyebrows. Spend the first half of the party mocking :ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf: behind their backs and the second half making out in one of the bedrooms where no one notices them.
:ultdiddy: as Goku. Spends the entire party arguing with :ultmewtwo: and getting drunk.
:ulticeclimbers: as the twins from the shining. Are outside, enjoying :ultfalcon:'s cooking and putting out any fires :ultroy:'s sword sometimes causes by pure accident.
:ultike: as a Mad Scientist. He assures :ultmegaman: it's not Dr. Wily. Is getting drunk with :ultganondorf: and :ultsimon:.
:ultkirby: as Bayonetta. Is stuffing their face with literally anything and watching the argument :ultmewtwo: and :ultdiddy: make less and less sense as they get drunker.
:ultkrool: as whatever those blue, helmeted soldiers from Warhammer 40K are. Space Marines? Whatever they're called, he's dressed up as one of them and referring to everyone as a "heretic" until he realizes no one gets the joke and goes home.
:ultlucas: as a Drill Sergant. Repeatedly tried to snag alcohol, only to be foiled at every attempt by :ultpokemontrainer:.
:ultmarth: as Lucina, hoping it would confuse :ultdk: so he doesn't have to sit through an hour of DK going on about microbiology like last year.
:ultlucina: as a Warlock. Is too distracted by Palutena's costume to notice that :ultrob: stole the grocery store rewards card from her wallet, and has been using it to slice up party crashers for the past four hours.
:ultmegaman: as a Hazmat cleanup worker. Everyone is worried it's an actual hazmat suit, but he assures them it's just a costume. Goes back and forth between watching :ultbowserjr::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultzelda: play mario kart and sending photos of the party to Beck from Mighty #9 to taunt the guy.
:ultmetaknight: as Galacta Knight. Has been demanding :ultrob: give :ultlucina: her grocery store rewards card back.
:ultmewtwo: as an ogre. Spends the entire party arguing with :ultdiddy: and getting drunk.
:ultness: as a Zombie. He originally was planning to go as a Skeleton, but then he discovered that joke and has been in a foul mood ever since. Left the party ten minutes in after he discovered that they were serving alcohol.
:ultpalutena: as a Succubus. Spends the entire party flirting with Lucina.
:ultpokemontrainer: as Legolas, who goes around swatting alcoholic beverages out of the hands of other children (although the only one attempting anything was :ultlucas:).
:ultrob: as a security guard. Mistook the concept of Halloween costumes and thought this was a roleplaying party. As a result, they've been spending the entire party as the bouncer outside, making sure Party-crashers don't get in. The injuries Alucard sustained when :ultrob: mistook him for a fourth-party character are the reason he's an assist trophy in Smash Ultimate and not a fully playable character.
:ultrobin: and Tharja as Vampires, much to :ultsimon: and :ultrichter:'s Chagrin. Master Hand didn't actually invite Tharja, but :ultrobin: wasn't going to show up otherwise. They were going to go as something else, but Master Hand vetoed that **** asap because "this is a kid-friendly Halloween Party" (why the **** there's alcohol at a kid-friendly halloween party is anybody's guess. Maybe Master Hand is just a hypocrite?). Regardless, they spend most of the party staring into eachother's eyes in unironic wonder and letting their food get cold in the process.
:ultrosalina: as Justin Bailey, much to :ultsamus:'s approval. Has been going around, making sure the kids don't hurt themselves while playing.
:ultsamus: as Megatron. Everyone assumes it's just her Prime 4 design, sadly. Spends the entire party petting :ultpikachu: and staring blankly into space.
:ultdarksamus: as Cthuhlu. Didn't show up until 15 minutes before the party was over, and by then there was no more food or beverages left for them to poison.
:ultshulk: as the Grim Reaper. He's just going around, whispering winning lottery numbers, weather forecasts and upcoming election results into random people's ears.
:ultsimon: as a Detective. Getting drunk with :ultganondorf: and :ultike:.
:ultrichter: as Loki from the MCU, hoping one of the women would start hitting on him, to no avail.
:ultsnake: as a Doctor. Was hoping to enjoy the party, but :ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:'s fratboy shenanigans gave him PTSD so he spent a good long time in his cardboard box in one of the bedrooms, muttering about how "the good ol' days" were ****ing terrible.
:ultsonic: as a Werewolf. Most of the party involved him accidentally following :ultmegaman: around and waiting for Bowser Jr. to switch the Mario Kart settings to 200cc.
:ulttoonlink: as Tingle. Got into multiple fist-fights with :ultpacman: for supreme domination over the candy bowl. Ultimately, :ulttoonlink: wins by virtue of PAC-MAN giving up upon discovering Master Hand's wine cellar.
:ultyounglink: as an Ursaring. It was a last-minute costume decision.

EDIT: :ultincineroar: and :ultpiranha: were last minute invites, so they didn't have any costumes, but they showed up anyway because they were really hoping to go.

:ultpokemontrainer: Gardevoir
:ultsnake: Raiden
:ultsonic: Shadow
:ultinkling: Marina

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

:ultmario:: Waluigi (Hey, you never said it had to be realistic. :upsidedown:)
:ultinkling:: Octoling
:ultlink:: Midna
:ultsamus:: No one is really left to add, so I'd probably just make Dark Samus unique.
:ultkirby:: Adeleine
:ultvillager:: K.K. Slider
:ultyoshi:: Yarn Yoshi
:ultdk:: Dixie Kong
:ultmarth:: Tiki
:ultsonic:: Tails
:ultness:: Kumatora

beans

Smash Lord
I doubt Bass.Exe would get in before OG Bass.
But he sure would be cooler, there is really nice move potential on the chips from Battle Network

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Something I just thought about.

I have been seeing people say, "Trophies are probably not coming back. They haven't shown a single one". Like, as in the collectible trophies. Well, I mean, doesn't that basically defeat the purpose of Assists being Assist TROPHIES then?
Wait some people think trophies aren’t coming back? that would be odd if they were omitted in ultimate.

I do think they do have something special or different in mind for trophies this time around. Sakurai loved using trophies as content filler for pic of the day in smash 4, I think there’s a reason he hasn’t shown trophies yet.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
For me,
Ooh, this is a fun one...
:ultsimon:: Alucard, with a Soma Cruz echo or alt.
:ultwario:: Mona
:ultshulk:: Elma
:ultsnake:: Liquid Ocelot (or MGS4-specific Raiden)
:ultmegaman:: Roll. If we are allowed the spinoffs, MegaMan.EXE
:ultkirby:: Adeleine
:ultryu:: M. Bison

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
For me,
:ultsonic: Shadow and Blaze
:ultkirby: Bandana dee
:ultlink: skull kid and impa
:ultcloud: Tifa, Vincent, Zack, and Sephiroth
:ultryu: chun-li
:ultpit: medusa
:ultbayonetta: jeanne

Chrono.

I doubt Bass.Exe would get in before OG Bass.
But he sure would be cooler, there is really nice move potential on the chips from Battle Network
He wouldn't, I could actually see OG Bass as a derivative of Mega Man in the same way Protoman would be.

I was actually theorizing back at E3 that the reason Protoman and Bass were added to Mega's final smash kinda randomly was because they would get added as echo fighters that would have the same final smash, except with the playable character taking the forefront (or with them being gone if one or both were on the field.)

Pretty dead theory right now, but hey.

Noipoi

Howdy!
:ultmario: Geno
:ultinkling: Callie & Marie
:ultpikachu: Realistically, Incineroar. But Noivern is my favorite Pokemon and i'd love if it was a fighter.
:ultwario: Ashley
:ultlink: Mipha
:ultsonic: Blaze
:ultlucas: Kumatora
:ultrobin Tharja

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
So now I'm imagining a Halloween Party, with Master Hand being the host (he wanted to dress up as the Infinity Gauntlet, but it was too expensive so he had to make do with getting Crazy Hand to write "infinity gauntlet" on the back of him with a Sharpie).

:ultinkling:s running around the place in various "costumes" (it's just the gear they wear for Turf Wars, but nobody realizes that), ignoring the candy and instead raiding the refrigerator of every non-alcoholic beverage that isn't nailed down. :ultkingdedede:, :ultlittlemac:, :ultroy:, and :ultwiifittrainer: aren't wearing costumes, but they're at the party anyway, chatting with eachother at the snack bar because they were too nervous to turn down the invite. :ultbayonetta: is busy making sure demons are handing out candy to kids and not AK-47s like that unfortunate incident two years ago. :ultlucario:, :ultryu:, :ultchrom: and :ultyoshi: and a few others are also not attending the party for whatever reason (:ultryu: goes to the Halloween Party the Street Fighter cast throws every year instead). :ultolimar: has been banned from the Smash Bros Halloween Party because he always goes as something obscenely racist. :ultridley: wasn't invited for fear of him eating one of the kids or getting into a fist-fight with :ultsamus:.

:ultmario::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultwario: as a goofy 80's rock band. Wario occasionally joining :ultkingdedede::ultlittlemac::ultroy::ultwiifittrainer: in their conversations.
:ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf: as various topical political figures, much to almost everyone else's chagrin, but :ultsnake: especially. Spend most of their time harassing :ultfalcon: until they are forcibly removed from the premises by a very unhappy Master Hand for their loud, obnoxious behavior.
:ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf: as various historical figures (Charles Moulton, Susan B. Anthony and Rasputin, respectively), much to :ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:'s chagrin.
:ultluigi::ultdaisy: as ghosts.
:ultvillager::ultisabelle: as construction workers.
:ultpikachu::ultpichu: as the "never talk to me or my son again" meme.
:ultpit::ultdarkpit: as police officers. Are stationed at the couch, playing Mario Kart with :ultbowserjr: and :ultzelda:.
:ultbowserjr: as a Wizard.
:ultfalcon: as a Barbaque Party Host. He's just happy it's an outdoor party so he can spend the whole time grilling burgers and hot dogs and secretly crossing his fingers for a new F-zero game.
:ultcloud: crossdressing because this is the only time of the year he doesn't have to hear anyone *****ing and moaning about it. Falls asleep halfway through the party (not even drunk, just tired), and has to be picked up by Tifa.
:ultcorrin: and Camilla as a slice-of-life anime characters. Corrin goes dead silent whenever anyone asks which anime characters they're supposed to be, and Camilla just smiles and wiggles her eyebrows.
:ultike: as a Mad Scientist. He assures :ultmegaman: it's not Dr. Wily.
:ultkrool: as whatever those blue, helmeted soldiers from Warhammer 40K are. Space Marines?
:ultlucas: as a Drill Sergant. Repeatedly tried to snag alcohol, only to be foiled at every attempt by :ultpokemontrainer:.
:ultmarth: as Lucina, hoping it would confuse :ultdk: so he doesn't have to sit through an hour of DK going on about microbiology like last year.
:ultlucina: as a Warlock.
:ultmegaman: as a Hazmat cleanup worker. Everyone is worried it's an actual hazmat suit, but he assures them it's just a costume.
:ultness: as a Zombie. He originally was planning to go as a Skeleton, but then he discovered that joke and has been in a foul mood ever since.
:ultpokemontrainer: as Legolas, who goes around swatting alcoholic beverages out of the hands of other children (although the only one attempting anything was :ultlucas:)
:ultrobin and Tharja as Vampires, much to :ultsimon: and :ultrichter:'s Chagrin. Master Hand didn't actually invite Tharja, but :ultrobin wasn't going to show up otherwise. Additionally, they were going to go as something else, but Master Hand vetoed that **** asap because "this is a kid-friendly Halloween Party" (why the **** there's alcohol at a kid-friendly halloween party is anybody's guess. Maybe Master Hand is just a hypocrite?).
:ultsamus: as Megatron. Everyone assumes it's just her Prime 4 design, sadly.
:ultdarksamus: as Cthuhlu.
:ultshulk: as the Grim Reaper. He's just going around, whispering winning lottery numbers, weather forecasts and upcoming election results into random people's ears.
:ultsimon: as a Detective.
:ultrichter: as Loki from the MCU, hoping one of the women would start hitting on him, to no avail.
:ultsnake: as a Doctor.
:ultsonic: as a Werewolf.
:ulttoonlink: as Tingle. Got into multiple fist-fights with :ultpacman: for supreme domination over the candy bowl. Ultimately, :ulttoonlink: wins by virtue of PAC-MAN giving up upon discovering Master Hand's wine cellar.

Literally one of the best posts in this thread

Post characters that almost nobody but you wants in Smash
View attachment 168584
Nah dude Spring Man was the rage pre-E3.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Sick freaks out here making Paper Mario leaks I can assume only to ruin my life

The leak...looks good. That's a good render. Nice mix of every design of his.
It's not real.

But they tried.

Hurts to say.

Noipoi

Howdy!

:ultinkling:s running around the place in various "costumes" (it's just the gear they wear for Turf Wars, but nobody realizes that), ignoring the candy and instead raiding the refrigerator of every non-alcoholic beverage that isn't nailed down. :ultkingdedede:, :ultlittlemac:, :ultroy:, and :ultwiifittrainer: aren't wearing costumes, but they're at the party anyway, chatting with eachother at the snack bar because they were too nervous to turn down the invite. :ultbayonetta: is busy making sure demons are handing out candy to kids and not AK-47s like that unfortunate incident two years ago. :ultlucario:, :ultryu:, :ultchrom: and :ultyoshi: and a few others are also not attending the party for whatever reason (:ultryu: goes to the Halloween Party the Street Fighter cast throws every year instead). :ultolimar: has been banned from the Smash Bros Halloween Party because he always goes as something obscenely racist. :ultridley: wasn't invited for fear of him eating one of the kids or getting into a fist-fight with :ultsamus:.

:ultmario::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultwario: as a goofy 80's rock band. Wario occasionally joining :ultkingdedede::ultlittlemac::ultroy::ultwiifittrainer: in their conversations.
:ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf: as various historical figures (Charles Moulton, Susan B. Anthony and Rasputin, respectively), much to :ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:'s chagrin.
:ultluigi::ultdaisy: as ghosts.
:ultvillager::ultisabelle: as construction workers.
:ultpikachu::ultpichu: as the "never talk to me or my son again" meme.
:ultbowserjr: as a Wizard.
:ultcorrin: and Camilla as a slice-of-life anime characters. Corrin goes dead silent whenever anyone asks which anime characters they're supposed to be, and Camilla just smiles and wiggles her eyebrows.
:ultike: as a Mad Scientist. He assures :ultmegaman: it's not Dr. Wily.
:ultkrool: as whatever those blue, helmeted soldiers from Warhammer 40K are. Space Marines?
:ultlucina: as a Warlock.
:ultmegaman: as a Hazmat cleanup worker. Everyone is worried it's an actual hazmat suit, but he assures them it's just a costume.
:ultness: as a Zombie. He originally was planning to go as a Skeleton, but then he discovered that joke and has been in a foul mood ever since.
:ultpokemontrainer: as Legolas, who goes around swatting alcoholic beverages out of the hands of other children (although the only one attempting anything was :ultlucas:)
:ultrobin and Tharja as Vampires, much to :ultsimon: and :ultrichter:'s Chagrin. Master Hand didn't actually invite Tharja, but :ultrobin wasn't going to show up otherwise. Additionally, they were going to go as something else, but Master Hand vetoed that **** asap because "this is a kid-friendly Halloween Party" (why the **** there's alcohol at a kid-friendly halloween party is anybody's guess. Maybe Master Hand is just a hypocrite?).
:ultsamus: as Megatron. Everyone assumes it's just her Prime 4 design, sadly.
:ultdarksamus: as Cthuhlu.
:ultsimon: as a Detective.
:ultsnake: as a Doctor.
:ultsonic: as a Werewolf.

I don't know what the hell this post is, but I love it.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom