• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Last edited:

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
OOF i keep forgeting that, sorry...
Luckily, my entire damn post was spent making sure people know that I AM 100% THAT IT'S FAKE. My point was that it looked nice and I definitely would enjoy that being his design.
I don't know, his design looks like one of those mini mario toys from that old GBA game, doesn't look like Paper Mario at all.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
OOF i keep forgeting that, sorry...

I don't know, his design looks like one of those mini mario toys from that old GBA game, doesn't look like Paper Mario at all.
All good IGuess. You know I can't stay mad at you. It's like being mad at a small dog. Even if the small dog bites your head off.

It does vaguely resemble a Mini-Mario, but it's also a composite design of sorts.
The coloring and shading is very nice. I really like this design.

Shame it's, you know, fake.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
Post characters that almost nobody but you wants in Smash
View attachment 168584
Jenosa.jpg

I swear Scurge Hive is a great game you should all play if you still have a GBA or DS.

EDIT: I actually really like that design for Paper Mario. Something about it is definitely off, though. I'd like to see Paper Mario make it, but he's fairly low down on the totem pole for personal wants, and I just don't see him being too high of a priority for Sakurai.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
View attachment 168584

Forever and always. My ballot choice. My dream since the N64. At least give us a trophy or a sticker.

(Also, if the thread on here is any indication, people aren't exactly chomping at the bit for Travis Touchdown or Neku either but that isn't going to stop me from hoping!)

Last edited:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Wonder Woman, 2B, Chell (Portal), Aloy (Horizon: Zero Dawn), a Deus Ex rep, a DDLC rep.

Literally one of the best posts in this thread
I don't know what the hell this post is, but I love it. Thank you.
Thanks, but I made it even better. slightly.

This new Smash trailer is amazing!
Ah, I see you are a SmashBoard's user of culture as well.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I've come to terms with the fact that Paper Mario has no chance for base. DLC maybe, but not base.

Then this leaker just comes along and posts a genuinely nice Paper Mario leak

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
It's like being mad at a small dog. Even if the small dog bites your head off.
Thanks, i guess?
The coloring and shading is very nice. I really like this design.
I'll give you that, the shadowing looks good.

Forever and always. My ballot choice. My dream since the N64. At least give us a trophy or a sticker.

(Also, if the thread on here is any indication, people aren't exactly chomping at the bit for Travis Touchdown or Neku either but that isn't going to stop me from hoping!)
Based

Untouch

Smash Master
Paper Mario's DEFINING feature is that he's flat.
WHY would they make him 3D?

"It's so stupid that means it has to be real!"
Please don't.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Can someone help me find this paper Mario render?
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/434401423
If there was less shadow on the face this'd look REALLY nice. I zoomed in and it's really the shadows hurting it. If he looked a liiiiittle flatter it'd pass off as real really nicely.

Paper Mario is one of those characters I'd be overjoyed to see but isn't really on my pie-in-the-sky wants list but man...I wish it was real.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've come to terms with the fact that Paper Mario has no chance for base. DLC maybe, but not base.

I'm in the same boat. Octoling's only hope is pretty much DLC, and even then I'm slightly scared that if Spirits is an Adventure Mode with Nintendo enemies, they'll just be made grunts in it.

Please, Sakurai, think of the Veemos. They deserve better:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm in the same boat. Octoling's only hope is pretty much DLC, and even then I'm slightly scared that if Spirits is an Adventure Mode with Nintendo enemies, they'll just be made grunts in it.

Please, Sakurai, think of the Veemos. They deserve better:

Consider the following:
Octarians as Spirits enemies.
Octolings as dlc echoes.

Untouch

Smash Master
I have to wonder how Paper Mario would work, technical wise.
G&W is a 3D model flattened, but can work because he doesn't have much detail.

This fake did a moderately well job with this but the shading is wrong, and I'm wondering how they'd manage the shading here if he's a plane of paper. I'm sure Sakurai could find a way though.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824

Atleast your most wanted has a shot at making it in, unlike a certain person whose most wanted is Shantae...
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
For a character that no one but me wants in smash, I don't really "want" this person super bad but I have seen no one talk about William "B.J." Blazkowicz from the Wolfenstein series.

There's lots of people who've brought up Doomguy so why not go a little deeper in Bethesda's library? Wolfenstein II is on the switch after all, albeit performing poorly. If two Bethesda reps got in I'd say go crazy and put in both. It'd be cool for lore reasons as well.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Atleast your most wanted has a shot at making it in, unlike a certain person whose most wanted is Shantae...
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Don't matter how much of a shot he's got if he isn't in.

I have to wonder how Paper Mario would work, technical wise.
G&W is a 3D model flattened, but can work because he doesn't have much detail.

This fake did a moderately well job with this but the shading is wrong, and I'm wondering how they'd manage the shading here if he's a plane of paper. I'm sure Sakurai could find a way though.
I'd assume Paper Mario would be the same deal. The "3D" widening could just be like a white outline. Doubt that makes sense, though.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
On this Paper Mario thing, I swear I've seen that screenshot of Pauline somewhere before.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
NGL totally skipped to the end of the video, his final conclusion seems to be "put both in" right?
Tl; DR :
Square are probably the reason Geno ain't in yet because they have nothing to win by putting it in the game, he will look out of place with the other third parties and have no future as a "product", and remind people that Square needs to be OKAY to put Geno in, also reminding the lost cameo from the Super star sage remake.
Cloud Inclusion perhaps did hurt Geno's chance as, for this one in a lifetime chance, Sakurai could have gotten Geno but ultimately went for Cloud and cloud only, the Mii costume even maybe hurting it's chance by quoting that Sakurai already talked about Geno and that this costume allowed him to have something "Close to that" as a playable characters

Sora's famous yadda yadda, if you say "muh disney" that's a non-argument
He explain Nintendo and Disney strong ties. That ultimately Nomura can, by himself, put Disney on board for Smash if Sakurai ever asks for him
Sakurai being a Kingdom Hearts Fan himself Talking about the interview between him and Nomura where he talk that after Snake reveal, he just searched to push the barrier even further for Smash in term of surprise, and that is after Cloud. People underestimate how Sora probably did in the ballot. And goes about Hashimoto's antic being a filthy cheeky **** ass troll in general and his tweet.
But that In the end, they need Nomura and Disney okay for him to be in.

In the end he say that both are worthy to be in smash, would be cool in smash, and should be in smash.
He decided to play the devil advocate for Geno and be the Lawyer for Sora since both have point that people forget/don't want to look at/

D

Deleted member

Consider the following:
Octarians as Spirits enemies.
Octolings as dlc echoes.

This one knows what's up.

Although, I do think the potential for Semi-Clone is there. There are tons of weapons the Inklings aren't using in any of their moves...which is why the Octolings would be PERFECT as DLC! :D

please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom