• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I will say a lot of people said the Ken leak was fake until the OP posted a bigger picture with the other characters. Then everyone started calling it real. If the OP for the Paper Mario one does the same, then we'll at least have something interesting to talk about but for now I'm gonna call it a super original and good fake.

I mean, many characters were 2D only at one point. Pit and Ice Climbers were original 3D designs made for Smash. This paper mario pic has this 3D-2D vibe about him (He looks both) that I've never seen before. It would be super unique and interesting take on the character.
And the OP isn't going to do the same.
It's original, it's good, and it's fake.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I can't think of anytime Paper Mario has ever been turned 3D like that. Even in the games where 3D is a thing he still is always facing at a side at a 2D perspective. Sakurai did it with G&W I'd be shocked if he didn't with P.Mario (and yeah I know G&W is actually a 3D render but he's always made to appear 2D)

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Like I'm not saying it's ideal to have Soma as an echo of Alucard in this hypothetical world where Alucard is in Smash, I'm just saying it's possible.

The ideal would be the Kirby method, or a smattering of his in-game souls.

Shroob

Sup?
The big thing about the Ken leak was, even with the smaller version of the pic, the person would have either had to have had Ryu's Smash5 model, or build Ryu's Smash5 model from the ground up.

Vaanrose already went into great detail about why even the smaller-version of the image has some alarming 'real' bells tied to it.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Hold up, there's a Paper Mario leak now? Hit me up with a picture or link!
1538944957955.png

Pretty sure it's fake because the shadows are too extreme and he's standing in a position that is too similar to a screenshot of the stage available in-game (Pauline's dress is in the same position) but I wish it were real.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
So if you had to add one newcomer from your favorite series, who would be?
For me,
:ultlink:: Skull Kid
:ultsamus:: Sylux
:ultshulk:: Rex and Pyra
:ultmegaman:: Zero
:ultsimon:: Alcuard
:ultbayonetta:: Jeanne (Echo)
:ultfalcon:: Black Shadow (Echo)
:ultcloud:: Sephiroth
:ultdk:: Dixie Kong (Echo)
:ultinkling:: Octolings (Echo)
:ultkirby:: Marx
:ultlink:: Skull Kid
:ultlittlemac:: King Hippo
:ultmario:: Geno (technically 3rd Party, but still)
:ultmegaman:: Zero
:ultpikachu:: Incineroar
:ultpit:: Medusa (Echo)
:ultryu:: Chun Li
:ultsonic:: Shadow (Echo)
:ultvillager:: Tom Nook

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
If anything, I actually think that Paper Mario looks great!... except for the part where he loses the "Paper" from him. Clever fake leak.
Or who knows, maybe its real and I dare to say its one of those things that looks a ton better in motion.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
If anything, I actually think that Paper Mario looks great!... except for the part where he loses the "Paper" from him. Clever fake leak.
Idk, most people are saying "why isn't he like Game and Watch?" and therefore its fake, but I'd beg to differ that if they were to make Paper Mario, he'd be treated just like Pit, Ice Climbers and Duck Hunt were, more 3D than you'd expect.

Edit: Disclaimer, I'm not defending the leak, I'm defending the design.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Idk, most people are saying "why isn't he like Game and Watch?" and therefore its fake, but I'd beg to differ that if they were to make Paper Mario, he'd be treated just like Pit, Ice Climbers and Duck Hunt were, more 3D than you'd expect.

Edit: Disclaimer, I'm not defending the leak, I'm defending the design.
The big difference here is that Pit, IC's and Duck Hunt were 2D simply due to being sprites due to restrictions at the time.

Paper Mario's existence is defined by being flat.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone think we might get a direct announcement tomorrow? If there is no announcement today. I thought Nintendo announce confirm dates a day before a direct.

beans

Smash Lord
>tfw the meme your game is attached to becomes massively popular, but the actual game itself comes a niche cult classic
View attachment 168605
I would like to see this Dante get in Smash, only if he brings the Demifiend with him.
They are the dynamic duo, you cant think of demon hunter without thinking of skeleton punchbag;

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
goku because it'd amuse me

I would like to see this Dante get in Smash, only if he brings the Demifiend with him.
They are the dynamic duo, you cant think of demon hunter without thinking of skeleton punchbag;
Rip Raidou

Iridium

Smash Hero
These "leaks" are driving us to the point of lunacy. Every time one comes out, it immediately gets debunked somehow, and they don't stop coming. Barely any have looked even close to convincing at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom