• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I disagree. It was genius to combine the regional bird and regional rodent into one line.

Because Pidove is a Pigeon.
The urban terror was given a new name in June 1966, when New York City parks commissioner Thomas coined the term “rats with wings.” With that, Jerolmack says, pigeons were explicitly linked to disorder and disease, and our perceptions of them as nuisances, “dirty” animals, and health threats were all emphasized and threaded together in a neat little package
https://www.audubon.org/news/the-origins-our-misguided-hatred-pigeons

It’s quite funny that the pigeon family contains very beautiful and colorful birds. I see Ufezant’s all over where I live. They are noisy and perch on top of my car and since we live in a no hunting zone, they kind of congregate. Pigeons, not so much. I get a lot of ufezants, psyducks, fearow and spearows, mankeys, scoliopedes, meowths, zigazagoons, vulpix, murkrows, stantlers, and the occasional ursaring that has descended from the mountains.

Strange there aren’t any egret/heron mons because we get them too.

Noipoi

Howdy!
https://www.audubon.org/news/the-origins-our-misguided-hatred-pigeons

It’s quite funny that the pigeon family contains very beautiful and colorful birds. I see Ufezant’s all over where I live. They are noisy and perch on top of my car and since we live in a no hunting zone, they kind of congregate. Pigeons, not so much. I get a lot of ufezants, psyducks, fearow and spearows, mankeys, scolipedes, meowths, zigazagoons, vulpix, murkrows, stantlers, and the occasional ursaring that has descended from the mountains.

Strange there aren’t any egret/heron mons because we get them too.
What the heck kinda Centipedes do you get over there?
Where do you live? I need to know so I can avoid it like the plague.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I still have a Garchomp from 2010 I traded all the way up to Ultra Moon.
I love it more than I love my sister.
not really
Nah, don’t be ashamed. Garchomp transcends family, friends, fortune, and religion. I have a theory that Arceus is a Garchomp that attainted godhood through Mega-Mega Evolution. It makes perfect sense.

Roberk

Smash Champion
If we get Garchomp then I'd want Cynthia with it. I don't even care about her being integrated into gameplay, just being in the background like PT would be great.

If Pokemon were to have more human characters in Smash, Cynthia would be one of the best options.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
What the heck kinda Centipedes do you get over there?
Where do you live? I need to know so I can avoid it like the plague.
I got bit by one of these guys before at my in-laws house.

My arm swelled up like a balloon and I had to get medicine. Apparently though, the babies are what you have to watch out for since they just release all of the venom they have instead of holding off like the adults. I get lesser versions than that of this guy that are a bitter smaller where I live. And bluer.

I find them every now and then under my flower pots and such.

I also get huntsmen spiders but they aren’t as common as we live in a colder climate.

I also we get Beedrills. I was chased by one yesterday morning while taking our my garbage.

That things kill people. Especially those allergic to it’s venom, children, and the elderly.

Though I’m not longer surprised what I find around where I live since I found hakubinshin family living in the ceiling. That was a surprise. And crabs that crawled out from the nearby river and were crawling up my walls.

Noipoi

Howdy!

My arm swelled up like a balloon and I had to get medicine. Apparently though, the babies are what you have to watch out for since they just release all of the venom they have instead of holding off like the adults. I get lesser versions than that of this guy that are a bitter smaller where I live. And bluer.

I also get huntsmen spiders but they aren’t as common as we live in a colder climate.

I also we get Beedrills. I was chased by one yesterday morning while taking our my garbage.

That things kill people. Especially those allergic to it’s venom, children, and the elderly.

Though I’m not longer surprised what I find around where I live since I found hakubinshin family living in the ceiling. That was a surprise. And crabs that crawled out from the nearby river and were crawling up my walls.
Do...
Do you live in hell?

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
As an aside, if Gardevoir ever did become playable, it really needs to have both its shiny color as an option and Mega Evolution as its Final Smash, because its shiny Mega Evolution is my favorite (plus being one of my favorite Mega Evolutions in general, shiny or no; the shiny version is just my preferred one of the two).

I'll do one. Which Smash character do you think is the kindest person?

My bet would have to be :ultrosalina:.
I have to give it to :ultisabelle: personally.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Is it weird that I would prefer Pico over Black Shadow or Deathborn?

And that he would be an Echo of Zamus?

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199

JESUS CHRIST! Why you must live in such location where nature hates you by throwing the dangerous insects at you?

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Name your top 5 most wanted Pokemon in Smash as playable fighters
For me, the list goes as follows:
1.- Tsareena
2.- Genesect
3.- Groudon
4.- Deoxys
5.- Decidueye
Okay yeah you are DEFINITELY scrapping the bottom of the barrel right now

Gengar
Blaziken
Scizor
Weavile
Garvedoir

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

*laughs in Australian*

--------------

I came here to actually say that I just learnt that Pokemon Trainer's Boxing Ring tagline is 'Wants to be the very best' and I think that is amazing.

Iridium

Smash Hero
As an aside, if Gardevoir ever did become playable, it really needs to have both its shiny color as an option and Mega Evolution as its Final Smash, because its shiny Mega Evolution is my favorite (plus being one of my favorite Mega Evolutions in general, shiny or no; the shiny version is just my preferred one of the two).

I have to give it to :ultisabelle: personally.
Best shiny around, no?

Edit: Not sure I've ever seen 4 mods in the same thread at once. Nice.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
1.- Tsareena
2.- Genesect
3.- Groudon
4.- Deoxys
5.- Decidueye
Great question.

1. Sceptile
2. Alolan Ninetails
3. Mimikyu
4. Garchomp
5. Lycanroc (Dusk or Midday)

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
If every Smash character were a type of classmate, what would each one be?
:ultfalcon::ultryu::ultsonic::ultwiifittrainer::ultlittlemac:The jocks
:ultkrool::ultwario::ultpeach::ultdaisy:The rich kids
:ultisabelle::ultlucina::ultrosalina:The nerds who always do their homework
:ultdarksamus::ultganondorf::ultbowser::ultridley::ultbayonetta::ultmewtwo:The bullies
:ultluigi::ultlucas::ultpichu::ultrob::ultjigglypuff:The bullied
:ultmario::ultyoshi::ultpikachu::ultyounglink::ultmegaman::ultvillager:The kids who get along well with everybody
:ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultsheik::ultshulk:The weebs
:ultsamus::ultwolf::ultsnake::ultlucario::ultgreninja:The lonely ones
:ultgnw::ultpacman::ultduckhunt:The elders of the class

Last edited:

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
Surely they wouldn't pass that up...

Also nice icon.

Last edited:

zyaire33

Smash Rookie
I keep hearing “XCharacter deserves a chance in Smash!” What are some reasons why potential Smash characters didn’t make try-outs? :wifi:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Late to the conversation but rather than wanting them playable here are just my favorite pokemon

I wonder what the fighters see under Mimikyu's cloth that eventually forces them to explode. That clip was kinda funny in an ironic way for me.
If Mimkyu can't be in Smash, nobody can.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom , I saw you mentioning you're surprised there isn't a Heron Pokémon.

They're also missing Grouses, Peacocks, Puffins and Dolphins.
And as person from Jersey (the Island not the American State) I feel obliged to plug our "National Animals": Crapauds (a type of toad) and the Jersey Cow.

They really should also reuse Honoguma, Kurusu, Bohboh (Beta!Noctowl), Haneei (Beta!Mantine), Shiberefugu, Manbo1, Rinrin, Turban, Gong, Tsubomitto, Bombshika, Kotora, Madame, Norowara, Happy, Plucks, Wolfman and Beta!Sneasel (all here). That's 27 great Pokémon designs going to waste (I'm including the families in that count)

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
And the weirdest thing is, I'm pretty sure it's actually possible to find Missingno. in Pokémon X & Y in Lumiose City. Not common to notice, but I've seen a video (unless it was fake).

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
*laughs in Australian*

--------------

I came here to actually say that I just learnt that Pokemon Trainer's Boxing Ring tagline is 'Wants to be the very best' and I think that is amazing.
Yeah, you guys have it tough. I was there in August and, I’m cool with most dangerous animals, but I was even apprehensive about going outside at first lol. Brownies and such.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Why does every keep hating on Gen 5? that was my first Pokemon Generation?
And Before you say Ice Cream and Garbage, I say Magnets and Pokeball
I don't hate Gen 5, it's actually one of my favorites, but the Pokémon I like from it don't work in Smash. Serpirior is a Snake, Virion and Gigalith are Quadrupedal, and Sawk would rotate backwards into being too generic
1.- Tsareena
2.- Genesect
3.- Groudon
4.- Deoxys
5.- Decidueye
5. Scizor
4. Sceptile
3. Blaziken (Falcon echo)
2. Decidueye
1. Grovyle
I'll do one. Which Smash character do you think is the kindest person?

My bet would have to be :ultrosalina:.
:ultyoshi:. He was friends with everyone. Until he was framed for Tax Fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom