• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
You know, I realised the worst part about this entire trend. There's already a version of Peach mixed with Bowser's features, and it doesn't even look lazy!

I would search for it, but I'm pretty sure one of the users here knows what I'm talking about since it'll be harder to find now.
LXdxSov.png
Is it this one?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I just realized that the whole Bowserette mimics the sudden frenzy for Wendy's art when the twitter became viral

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Which Smash character do you think is the wealthiest?
You went from girlfriend to wealth...in that case it’s easily:ultluigi: (he has managed to make more money than :ultmario::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultwario: and :ultpalutena: if she actually buys anything)
Dude

I know you're scraping the bottom of the barrel, but can we NOT do trivia stuff on here? I'd rather talk about why Wolf's jaw looks so ****ing awful from E-3
Talk about that with the Wolfpac...NWO

What we need to talk about is how edgy Shadow will be in Smash

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
Why does every keep hating on Gen 5? that was my first Pokemon Generation?
And Before you say Ice Cream and Garbage, I say Magnets and Pokeball
Gen 5 was also my first generation, it deserves more respect.
And it has the fluffiest dragon ever:
View attachment 166510
Plus the most smug-looking Grass starter.
Same, i started playing Pokemon when Black/White came out, good times...
Reshiram and Kyurem are the best legendaries from any gen IMO
Chandelure is my second favourite pokemon of all time after Raichu. I like Volcarona and Gothitelle too, and that’s just off the top of my head. Gen 5 is awesome.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
On the topic of Gen 5, Gourgergeist seems to be pretty popular online. I'm not sure why but you could get a good moveset for the Grass/Ghost type and it's got four different sizes so it could be any size needed for balance.

D

Deleted member

I just realized that the whole Bowserette mimics the sudden frenzy for Wendy's art when the twitter became viral
And then there was Earth-chan, and probably some others as well. The Internet is a sad place.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've been a Pokémon fan since it came to the US, but Gen V is my favorite.

Chandelure for Smash.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
And then there was Earth-chan, and probably some others as well.
There’s a whole meme dedicated to every new waifu the world decided to make...not really appropriate language and lewd(ish) pictures though

D

Deleted member

I've been a Pokémon fan since it came to the US, but Gen V is my favorite.

Chandelure for Smash.
I'd say Gen IV was my favorite, but I'm not huge on the main Pokemon games.

As for a Gen V rep, I'd choose Zoroark.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
On the topic of Gen 5, Gourgergeist seems to be pretty popular online. I'm not sure why but you could get a good moveset for the Grass/Ghost type and it's got four different sizes so it could be any size needed for balance.
Gourgeist is Gen VI.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Gen IV is pretty good though. Introduced Lucario, had some great starter picks, legendaries/mythicals (Darkrai, man), and Cynthia as a powerful trainer! And the music is great too!

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I honestly love every generation.

Except gen 1, but only because I wasn't around for Pokemania so the intense Nostalgia for something I wasn't born for annoys me. I can still respect what Kanto did by starting the series.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
So many people here who started in Unova, I knew I wasn't the only one!
Pft, Gen Fivers...

The Fourth Generation is clearly where it’s at.
I definitely didn't start in Gen 5, just one of my favorites out of all of them.
Gen 3 was where I originally got into the mainline series.
However, I'll still contest Gen 4 as the best generation, especially since HGSS makes up a good chunk of it.
I still love the entire series regardless.
I keep bringing up this Pokémon, but how many people remember this?

It sure would be something to even see this as a Pokéball Pokémon.
I actually do remember Stantler, given I'm a huge Johto nerd.
I just remember this thing being such a pain in the neck when I was trying to complete the PokéDex for that game as it never popped up in it's respective area for me.
I also remember trying to ask some forum users if they had it, and no one did.

But hey, there's already some Gen 2 love in Ultimate, I'd be down if it showed up as a Poké Ball just for the reactions alone.

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
Gen IV is pretty good though. Introduced Lucario, had some great starter picks, legendaries/mythicals (Darkrai, man.), and Cynthia as a powerful trainer! And the music is great too!
It also introduced some amazing evolutions for preexisting guys... Roserade, Rhyperior, Magmortar, Weavile are just some of my favourites.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I definitely didn't start in Gen 5, just one of my favorites out of all of them.
Gen 3 was where I originally got into the mainline series.
However, I'll still contest Gen 4 as the best generation, especially since HGSS makes up a good chunk of it.
I still love the entire series regardless.

I actually do remember Stantler, given I'm a huge Johto nerd.
I just remember this thing being such a pain in the neck when I was trying to complete the PokéDex for that game as it never popped up in it's respective area for me.
I also remember trying to ask some forum users if they had it, and no one did.

But hey, there's already some Gen 2 love in Ultimate, I'd be down if it showed up as a Poké Ball just for the reactions alone.
Heartgold and Soulsilver sparked my love for Johto even though I didn't play the original Gold and Silver. I have such fond memories with those games...

Noipoi

Howdy!
No, it's Gen 6. Best music. Best Pokemon, Best Region.
Fight me I'm aware that this is a very unpopular opinion..
I liked Gen 7 more than Gen 6, but Gen 6 does get crapped on more then it deserves.
It's got some untapped potential, but they were good games.
Also, Kalos gave me Noivern and Goomy. That's always a plus.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Seriously though, we have no playable bird Pokémon! If you could pick one, who would you go for? My main pick would be Staraptor (Talonflame really close).

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
If I was Sakurai, people would accuse me of Pokemon bias and they wouldn’t be wrong lmao. There’s just so many Pokemon with potential to be fighters. Infernape, Weavile, Zoroark, Sceptile, Torterra...

OK, maybe Torterra would work more as a Pokeball, but he’s my favorite Pokemon ever, so my bias says he deserves his chance in Smash. :p

D

Deleted member

Seriously though, we have no playable bird Pokémon! If you could pick one, who would you go for? My main pick would be Staraptor (Talonflame really close).
I'd choose Farfetch'd, but Staraptor would be amazing too. My regional birb of choice.

Narr

AN ORB OF MANY TALENTS
NNID
LordChrom
3DS FC
1289-8310-9030
Switch FC
SW 8256 5756 1598
No, it's Gen 6. Best music. Best Pokemon, Best Region.
Fight me. I'm aware that this is a very unpopular opinion..
nothing to fight you on. i feel kind of bad, honestly

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oricorio would be really unique if the nectar form changes were somehow implemented into it's moveset.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Anyone who bashes muh boi trubbish is a total hypocrite honestly cuz gen 1 has grimer which is a living pile of purple poo. Genwunners are literally the worst things about pokemon... well them and Smogon Snobs.

Narr

AN ORB OF MANY TALENTS
NNID
LordChrom
3DS FC
1289-8310-9030
Switch FC
SW 8256 5756 1598
dodrio. i just want to see what that would look like

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Gen 6 had a slightly lacklustre story and I didn’t care for the rollerblading but everything else was absolutely top notch. Probably my favourite generation/games overall.
Wow, okay. I usually get lambasted by angry Pokemon fans when I say that Gen 6 is my favorite. Y'all are really kind here. I respect that
Where's the love for Psyduck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom